Who else has stopped listening?

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

Never really listened in the first place, so...not a big deal. My interest in this site is community based and that's why I pay money.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#52  Edited By Humanity

I agree with some points as they do some a little less enthusiastic. When you look up old QuickLooks they do seem to be having a lot more fun most of the time. I can't really blame them though because I find myself getting more and more bored with games coming out. Unless there is a really good story or really interesting mechanics I give the game a pass. I'm sure Far Cry 3 is a cool game but I just had enough shooting doods with machinegun/pistol/shotgun and can't get excited about it.

I'm sure it will pick up a bit when new consoles are officially out but in all honesty console launches are usually kinda rough and there are no good games that come with them so who knows. Although regardless I still enjoy the Bombcast.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Video games are dead. No one loves them anymore. Let's all go home, guys. It was good while it last.

musclerider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By musclerider

Considering that the guys record 4-6 hours of weekly live streams where they talk about games, I go to the bombcast to hear them talk about something else.

Avatar image for the_hiro_abides
the_hiro_abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#55  Edited By the_hiro_abides

I still enjoy listening. Their tangents can be really funny. It's easy to focus on the negatives. They do spend more time talking about negatives, but they do say positive stuff about games.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Oldirtybearon

as the weeks go by I become more and more convinced that the bombcast should ditch video games and just focus on random ass stories / what did you do last week stuff. That is always where the hilarity comes from. The Pokemon poop scandal and Chris with the white car are the two funniest bits I've heard out of them, and both came out of random discussion.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#57  Edited By DarthOrange

@jasonr86 said:

@behonkiss:

No one is forcing you or expects you to listen to the show. You don't even have to come to the site. The decision to take in content is entirely your's. So if you don't like what the site is offering then stop consuming the content. That's totally valid. Making a thread announcing to everyone else on the site that you aren't consuming that content and why you aren't consuming it is silly though. It makes you sound like an attention whore for no good reason. Just stop coming to the site and move on with your life. You'll be happier apparently.

I think that is a little harsh. I also personally think that the staff can be jaded ass hats at times and it will cause me to ignore site content during a big release I am looking forward to or during the holidays because I don't want the staff bringing me down with their negativity. That said I still love this community and think it is better then 95% of the internet, I assume the OP feels the same way and that is why he made the thread.

@behonkiss:I also had stopped listening but recently picked the podcast back up and I am starting to get burnt out again on the constant negative attitude they have about everything. I recommend Podcast Beyond, IGN UK Podcast and Vidjagame Apocalypse if you want podcasts that are actually passionate about video games. Stop paying attention to staff content here and just stick to the forums. You'll be happier.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#58  Edited By JasonR86

@jasonr86 said:

@behonkiss:

No one is forcing you or expects you to listen to the show. You don't even have to come to the site. The decision to take in content is entirely your's. So if you don't like what the site is offering then stop consuming the content. That's totally valid. Making a thread announcing to everyone else on the site that you aren't consuming that content and why you aren't consuming it is silly though. It makes you sound like an attention whore for no good reason. Just stop coming to the site and move on with your life. You'll be happier apparently.

I think that is a little harsh. I also personally think that the staff can be jaded ass hats at times and it will cause me to ignore site content during a big release I am looking forward to or during the holidays because I don't want the staff bringing me down with their negativity. That said I still love this community and think it is better then 95% of the internet, I assume the OP feels the same way and that is why he made the thread.

It's a harsh world Darth. Also the thread is pointless. It's impotent complaining for impotent complaining's sake. It's as worthwhile as me creating a thread about my woes at the DMV. Nothing of any value will come from the thread, the OP ends up looking like an attention whore, and the Bombcast won't change because the OP announces his dislike of it. It's not that he's wrong. I'm sure a lot of people feel this way. But the thread serves no purpose and the whole thing can be avoided, and the OP can move on, if he just stopped listening to the show and kept that fact to himself.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Humanity

The irony is that a lot of people talking about how it's a free country and he doesn't have to listen to if he doesn't want to are at the same time berating the guy for his choice to stop listening because his reasons are "dumb"

Although if he ended the thread without those passive aggressive comments directed at the staff I'm sure people wouldn't get so up in arms.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

The irony is that a lot of people talking about how it's a free country and he doesn't have to listen to if he doesn't want to are at the same time berating the guy for his choice to stop listening because his reasons are "dumb"

Although if he ended the thread without those passive aggressive comments directed at the staff I'm sure people wouldn't get so up in arms.

It's just such a worthless thread. You know, yesterday I decided to not take the back-roads to work anymore. Instead I decided to take I-5. Maybe I should make a thread about it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76
deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

That is always where the hilarity comes from.

Well, if it was nothing but random talk, then I would definitely stop listening. I want to hear their take on current video games, even if they are often harsh and somewhat narrow-minded. Sure, I like fun random stories like the next guy, but at some point it is simply too much. In other words, am not here for neither do I expect nonstop hilarity, this is not a comedy website (I think so, at least).

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#63  Edited By TruthTellah

@humanity said:

Yeah, his tone kind of tanked it. There are other threads that have made suggestions about problems with the Bombcast or the site in general, and those have struck up a lot of discussion. But if you poison the well in the beginning, it's unlikely to go much of anywhere.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasonr86: Well there is a small yet very important difference between you talking about what road you took to work on the Giant Bomb forums and him talking about why he doesn't like the Giant Bombcast anymore on the Giant Bomb forums.

Death_Burnout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#65  Edited By Death_Burnout

@jasonr86: Y'know what the difference is with that though? you're not asking if anyone else is no longer taking the back-roads to work anymore. Bottom line, it's a question, that in turn most people have jumped on because how dare someone say something negative about the thing they like.

I for one have stopped listening, since January, but for slightly different reasons. Been thinking of trying to listening again, I have a huge backlog of Bombcasts to go through, but whether or not I'll enjoy them...Not a clue. Still watch video content like normal, just don't enjoy the Bombcast anymore.

HiImRocktimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By HiImRocktimus

Pretty sure gamers are just as jaded as the podcast is.

Heltom92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They were all pretty enthusiastic about Bioshock Infinite. Plus when they have been talking about the next gen consoles recently they have sounded genuinely excited about them.

savepoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#68  Edited By savepoint

I enjoy listening to it. Definitely one of the few things that makes my week much more enjoyable. I absolutely love their non-gaming conversations every week as well.

Metzo_Paino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#69  Edited By Metzo_Paino

Doesn't one of these threads pop up every 6 months or so?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c26fd6917af0
deactivated-5c26fd6917af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I don't really see it as jaded, they're just critical (as they should be). If nothing else I always thought they were fairly optimistic.

I think if they were truly cynical all the time their excitement would come off as less sincere.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never even started listening.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By probablytuna

Not me duder, I always listen to the Bombcast.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By JasonR86

@humanity said:

@jasonr86: Well there is a small yet very important difference between you talking about what road you took to work on the Giant Bomb forums and him talking about why he doesn't like the Giant Bombcast anymore on the Giant Bomb forums.

Is there? Huh.

@jasonr86: Y'know what the difference is with that though? you're not asking if anyone else is no longer taking the back-roads to work anymore. Bottom line, it's a question, that in turn most people have jumped on because how dare someone say something negative about the thing they like.

I for one have stopped listening, since January, but for slightly different reasons. Been thinking of trying to listening again, I have a huge backlog of Bombcasts to go through, but whether or not I'll enjoy them...Not a clue. Still watch video content like normal, just don't enjoy the Bombcast anymore.

It's a matter of what does this thread actually do. From a practical, value sense. Nothing. Absolutely nothing at all. The bombcast isn't going to change. Nothing will change because the OP or anyone else has announced to everyone that they are no longer listening. It's tantamount to going outside and yelling about something you're not doing anymore and expecting things to be different.

Whatever, that's my take on the matter. It's an entirely pointless endeavor that will amount to nothing of value so why even go down that road in the first place except to point to a crowd of people who like something and yell "I don't like the thing you like!" and expect attention. Again, the dude and everyone else can fucking loathe the Bombcast. But announcing it to everyone is a dumb, pointless thing to do because it won't amount to anything. Just a bunch of people yelling black and white, 'I like' 'I don't like' statements until everyone who has had their take on the matter gives their two cents and the thread is lost somewhere pages and pages deep in these forums.

Ta-da!

phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you gave some examples maybe i could see where you are coming from but i feel as a whole the crew have been pretty spot on lately when it comes to not being super jaded.

They have talked about quite a few things that they really have enjoyed. I also learn to take what they say and feel about games with a grain of salt because you know opinion. I also listen to other podcast to get more of a consensus on opinions on games and different favors on topics in the gaming world.

Carryboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Podcasts dont really do it for me, only time I ever listen is for the end of year stuff.

jaqen_hghar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

Hell naw! The Bombcast has just gotten better in my opinion. And the random stories are the best part of it.

Dacnomaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Huh?

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By MariachiMacabre

@jasonr86 said:

@humanity said:

It's just such a worthless thread. You know, yesterday I decided to not take the back-roads to work anymore. Instead I decided to take I-5. Maybe I should make a thread about it.

Today I decided to have Quiznos for lunch instead of my usual homemade PB&J. Thoughts? Anyone? Please!?

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasonr86: Will you shut the fuck up, Jesus! Your continuos levying in this thread is as 'pointless' as you make out this thread to be.

Easy killer.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Ghostiet

@yummylee said:

Wait, didn't we just have this thread?

We literally always have this thread.

Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Kohe321

Never stopped, will never. So no. :p

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#83  Edited By beargirl1

@demoskinos said:

Without bombcast there is no point to life man.

this is the new motto to my life

you will receive your cheque in the mail shortly demo

superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By superfriend

Not every bombcast can be extremely funny and/or entertaining. Even back in the good old days they had a few more boring ones.

I still like it a whole lot, but then again, I never listen to the whole thing in one sitting. I think it´s perfect for the drive to and from work, or maybe for taking a walk outside.
I honestly prefer the bombcast to music most days of the week.

On the whole jadedness-thing: I think they´re just getting older and their interests change. We as a community have to deal with that, because they are not going to force a specific "tone" for their content. They just do what they want, more or less (well, maybe a bit less now that big evil CBS, blah blah)

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Giant Bombcast is pretty great you guys.

Mockduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Mockduck

Bombcast was better before it got bought by EA and annualized with always-on DRM.

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Nictel

I've started listening twice

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's the only thing that's still good

jadegl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I don't know what I would do without the Bombcast, no joke. It makes all the dreary crap I have to do (grocery shopping, dishes, folding laundry) go by so quickly. I especially love going out to shop and breaking out with a snort laugh in the middle of the dairy section. I imagine that everyone else thinks I'm either crazy or just too cool to care about how I look while I try to decide whether buying chocolate milk is an appropriate adult course of action or not.

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@jadegl said:

I don't know what I would do without the Bombcast, no joke. It makes all the dreary crap I have to do (grocery shopping, dishes, folding laundry) go by so quickly. I especially love going out to shop and breaking out with a snort laugh in the middle of the dairy section. I imagine that everyone else thinks I'm either crazy or just too cool to care about how I look while I try to decide whether buying chocolate milk is an appropriate adult course of action or not.

Damn it, if we can't buy chocolate milk then why even have jobs!? Screw the haters!

I'm partial to strawberry : P

ED: Oh, and on-topic, I still love the Bombcast and look forward to it every week.

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait, werent they talking about how excited they were for the PS4 because it marked the start of a new generation?

They we PS4 if I remember correctly. I don't blame them for ignoring the Wii U, because it seems like everyone is right now.

vortextk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You're reading probably angry replies on the internet. They have about 5% to do with what is actually being said by people, and 95% to do with OMFG INTERNETR0W93U03!@3q#. Try actually listening if you really want to hear what they have to say or don't listen and don't assume.

SomberOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@rockyraccoon37 said:

If you want non stop enthusiasm then maybe check out IGN? Not a dig against those guys but they tend to be more upbeat about games.

This is for true, I love it though!
DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasonr86 said:

@death_burnout said:

It's a matter of what does this thread actually do. From a practical, value sense. Nothing. Absolutely nothing at all.The bombcast isn't going to change. Nothing will change because the OP or anyone else has announced to everyone that they are no longer listening. It's tantamount to going outside and yelling about something you're not doing anymore and expecting things to be different.

Whatever, that's my take on the matter. It's an entirely pointless endeavor that will amount to nothing of value so why even go down that road in the first place except to point to a crowd of people who like something and yell "I don't like the thing you like!" and expect attention. Again, the dude and everyone else can fucking loathe the Bombcast. But announcing it to everyone is a dumb, pointless thing to do because it won't amount to anything. Just a bunch of people yelling black and white, 'I like' 'I don't like' statements until everyone who has had their take on the matter gives their two cents and the thread is lost somewhere pages and pages deep in these forums.

Ta-da!

You know what I agree with you! This thread should be locked! If we let this shit continue eventually we are going to have people making topics about dumb things like"women being brave for sharing their story" that really have no value, will change nothing, are dumb, pointless, and at the end of the day result in people just saying "I like" or "I don't like" statements. Good thing we have you here making sure something like that never happens. :P

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By JasonR86

@darthorange said:

@jasonr86 said:

@death_burnout said:

It's a matter of what does this thread actually do. From a practical, value sense. Nothing. Absolutely nothing at all.The bombcast isn't going to change. Nothing will change because the OP or anyone else has announced to everyone that they are no longer listening. It's tantamount to going outside and yelling about something you're not doing anymore and expecting things to be different.

Ta-da!

You know what I agree with you! This thread should be locked! If we let this shit continue eventually we are going to have people making topics about dumb things like"women being brave for sharing their story" that really have no value, will change nothing, are dumb, pointless, and at the end of the day result in people just saying "I like" or "I don't like" statements. Good thing we have you here making sure something like that never happens. :P

Well it's clearly different when I make threads because my stuff speaks directly to me so it matters more. Duh.

EDIT:

Also, remember in that thread you mentioned there were like three people who called me an idiot and then the rest didn't necessarily agree or disagree. Rather we had a discussion. It wasn't black and white.

And you're a dick Darth.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasonr86 said:

And you're a dick Darth.

Yea, well your a hairy testicle!

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By JasonR86

@jasonr86 said:

And you're a dick Darth.

Yea, well your a hairy testicle!

Dickey Darth Dickey Darth!!!

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By DarthOrange
JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Hey peoples, remember how this happens every spring? No, just me? OK then.