Ads on premium feed

katelyngadd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I got a minute and a half of ads (in Spanish for some reason) at the start of the latest Premium Bombcast for some reason. I grabbed it using Google Podcasts if that matters. Seems like something is wrong with the feed configuration.

NameRedacted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Me too.

I'm using Apple Podcasts and have been listening to the Premium feeds for well over a decade and yesterday's Bombcast ON THE PREMIUM FEED downloaded with dynamic, pre-roll ads in Spanish.

I pay for Premium because ads suck.

I have never listened to ANY podcast in Spanish, nor do I live in an area where Spanish is predominantly (or broadly) spoken.

I also can't listen to or download the Premium feed for the Voicemail Dumptruck. The RSS link was totally dead(as of today) when I tried re-following the podcast.

Thom_Paine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I also got 2 ads, one in Spanish, on Bombcast 830 on the Premium feed

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

@thom_paine: @nameredacted: @katelyngadd: Hey everyone, I got an update from a staff member about the RSS Feed issues and premium podcasts. As per TurboShawn:

If anyone still has ads on Bombcast 830, it's probably because they never re-downloaded the episode after it was fixed.

As for the other feeds, GMM should be good as of this week's episodes, and VMDT will be good starting with today's episode. Borked episodes will probably still be busted on the RSS feed until a site issue is fixed, but direct downloads SHOULD work now for those who like archiving.