Link for The Lost and Damned review is incorrect

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

This might just be a small mistake that happened under the site transition from the old one. The review portion of the GTA4 page lists a The Lost & Damned review that links to Ryan's The Ballad of Gay Tony Review.

I'm not even sure if there was ever a review for The Lost & Damned.
I'm not even sure if there was ever a review for The Lost & Damned.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I am pretty sure ryan only reviewed Ballad of gay tony. I do not remember any TLAD content on the site.

PandaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I am pretty sure ryan only reviewed Ballad of gay tony. I do not remember any TLAD content on the site.

One time they had a Quick Look of TLAD and took it down for copyright reasons. I shit you not.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pandabear: SO THAT WAS THE QUICK LOOK. Jeff mentioned on tumblr that he took down a QL of a game because of "Reasons"

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Krullban

@jimmyfenix said:

@pandabear: SO THAT WAS THE QUICK LOOK. Jeff mentioned on tumblr that he took down a QL of a game because of "Reasons"

Yeah, Rockstar was removing everything anybody posted about The Lost and the Damned when it came out. Full let's plays, and gameplay footage all got removed.

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Pretty sure I have a copy of that quick look somewhere in a HDD. Or perhaps it's even on YouTube?

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

@krullban said:

@jimmyfenix said:

Yeah, Rockstar was removing everything anybody posted about The Lost and the Damned when it came out. Full let's plays, and gameplay footage all got removed.

I don't think that's the one he was talking about simply because he said he never heard from those guys again (the ones who told them to take it down) and they quite clearly still have a relationship with Rockstar. That particular QL went up on the beta site. It was about 5 minutes long and looked like shit

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By RazielCuts

Damn, reading that kind of hyperbolic blurb back is kind of embarrassing - 'Niko Bellic is one of the most human protagonists to ever appear in a video game.'

PandaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krullban said:

@jimmyfenix said:

I don't think that's the one he was talking about simply because he said he never heard from those guys again (the ones who told them to take it down) and they quite clearly still have a relationship with Rockstar. That particular QL went up on the beta site. It was about 5 minutes long and looked like shit

Not trying to be a dick... but how do they "clearly" have a relationship with Rockstar?

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mildmolasses said:

@krullban said:

@jimmyfenix said:

Not trying to be a dick... but how do they "clearly" have a relationship with Rockstar?

I think he means they have not been blacklisted and are on "Good" Terms to still receive preview material/ trailers and such from them.

Avatar image for thecreamfilling
TheCreamFilling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The TLAD QL was real, man. I saw it! I really did, I swear!

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Damn, reading that kind of hyperbolic blurb back is kind of embarrassing - 'Niko Bellic is one of the most human protagonists to ever appear in a video game.'

At the time it was completely valid. Hell, I'd argue it still is.

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

@jimmyfenix said:

One time they had a Quick Look of TLAD and took it down for copyright reasons. I shit you not.

So I'm not crazy!! I keep thinking back to a vague Giant Bomb video involving GTA IV in some fashion, but could never find anything on it anywhere.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By alternate

I remember that QL. It is where the whole "Brotherhood" meme started.

Half a dozen QL are MIA for various unknown reasons so it was not necessarily copyright reasons.

When Jeff cited that one takedown he said he would never trust that company again and yet recently he has said Rockstar are not as uptight and much better than they used to be - so likely this was not who he was talking about.

PandaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pandabear said:

@mildmolasses said:

@krullban said:

@jimmyfenix said:

I think he means they have not been blacklisted and are on "Good" Terms to still receive preview material/ trailers and such from them.

I'll be honest, I was a bit disappointed to hear about them caving in. Jeff said it was basically about playing ball for future coverage, which never occurred. They should put it back up. Rockstar basically don't talk to the media anyway it seems.

Avatar image for counterclockwork87
Counterclockwork87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iamjohn said:
@razielcuts said:

At the time it was completely valid. Hell, I'd argue it still is.

At the time GTA IV came out, absolutely Niko was. I would still argue he's one of the most memorable and well-written video game characters ever.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I seem to recall that Rockstar didn't send them a review copy of Red Dead Redemption.