Security Certificate issues.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Um...so I went to log in on mobile and navigating the site was fine but when I went to auth.giantbomb to log in chrome gave me a warning not to proceed. Im gonna go ahead and guess this might be some left over kinks from whatever brought the site down yesterday but thought I should report it.

laika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Um...so I went to log in on mobile and navigating the site was fine but when I went to auth.giantbomb to log in chrome gave me a warning not to proceed. Im gonna go ahead and guess this might be some left over kinks from whatever brought the site down yesterday but thought I should report it.

In fact, it is. Should be sorted out soon! Thanks for the report.

sarahsdad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 21

#3  Edited By sarahsdad

I ran into a similar problem on Firefox; trying to sign in to the site, I get a message that the connection is untrusted:

This Connection is Untrusted

You have asked Firefox to connect securely to auth.giantbomb.com, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure.

Normally, when you try to connect securely, sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified. What Should I Do?

If you usually connect to this site without problems, this error could mean that someone is trying to impersonate the site, and you shouldn't continue.

auth.giantbomb.com uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate is not trusted because no issuer chain was provided. (Error code: sec_error_unknown_issuer)

If you understand what's going on, you can tell Firefox to start trusting this site's identification. Even if you trust the site, this error could mean that someone is tampering with your connection.

Don't add an exception unless you know there's a good reason why this site doesn't use trusted identification.

There is an Add Exception button at the bottom of all this, but Firefox doesn't seem to respond when I click it. Including the actual screenshot below.

FWIW, this happened on Firefox 29.0.1

No Caption Provided

mrpibb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

sorry duders. We got a new set of load balancers after the great downtime of 2014 and they don't have the intermediate certs loaded. Getting that added in.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By RonGalaxy

Same thing happened to me on android (using chrome). Glad to see it's a known issue