Subscriber issues

scroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By scroll

I subscribed around this time last year and I just checked to my subscriber info to make sure I'm continuing to subscribe this year etc. and my subscriber info is missing, and there is currently no option to change payment.

Is this just me?

scroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And now I don't have access to subscriber content and clicking the link to upgrade brings up the error page.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

@scroll: I know there have been some recent issues with the billing system. @idbloc and @rorie are probably the people to get in touch with about your problem.

idBloc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll double-check your account

idBloc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this link broken? https://auth.giantbomb.com/billing/

Or this one? https://auth.giantbomb.com/billing/update/

The latter one shouldn't work.. the first one should

If you could post back as soon as you tried so I can track the error.

scroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By scroll

Both links work. Very weird. Apparently no record of my credit card as well.

idBloc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems the issue is fixed

I'd really love to know which link you clicked on to get to the broken page.

scroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The very awesome @rorie gave me a week of premium so I could watch the show tonight.

I went to the subscriber videos page and clicked the link to upgrade to able to watch the content and it took me to the standard 404 error page.

I have no idea why it's decided to mess up all of a sudden today, though I know my sub was meant to renew this month.

firecracker22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I can't stream the live show, tonight. Every link I try, or even going on Twitch, can't seem to find Unprofessional Friday live. Is tonight's show cancelled or something?

Aviar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My account seems to have reverted back to free membership. I didn't get an email that my subscription was coming due and right now I can't view any premium member videos. Is there a problem with billing?

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

There are a few issues with some premium accounts having their billing history deleted somehow. We're looking into it, but in the meantime, just email your details to support@giantbomb.com and I can hook you back up with premium after I look into your billing data on our credit card processor's website. Sorry for the trouble!

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By rorie

@firecracker22: Did you find the link to the archive? The show did indeed broadcast on Friday afternoon, so I'm not sure why you wouldn't have been able to view it.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By AlexW00d

Lol as soon as I check this thread I realise my sub has come to an end, what a wonderful coincidence.

E: Oh god that lack of medal is depressing.

firecracker22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie I checked the archive and apparently my premium membership had expired. I didn't get an email though, and the weird thing about it on Friday during the livestream was that the link would take me to the 'No Show Currently' screen, instead of the membership dragon page I remember seeing before I was a premium member. I renewed, but truthfully I have no idea if the membership was supposed to expire or not.

I'll try emailing the support email you posted in your previous post, just to be sure though.

IcarusFoundYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#15  Edited By IcarusFoundYou

What's with everyone subscribing in May? (Was there a premium sale last May?) Apparently my billing history was deleted and I had issues with billing when renewing.

But thanks to @rorie for the quick response, I can finally watch Unprofessional Fridays now!

scroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By scroll

Yeah I believe there was a sale around that time. Anyway I'm happy to resubscribe manually because this place is my favourite source for video game stuff and cake flushing.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We've been having some issues with billing histories being removed for some reason. Looking into it! Just email me at support at giantbomb.com if this happens to you.

xwillx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey Guys

My Membership relapsed this week as well, I've resubscribed and all premium content is working but I'm still getting banner ads any idea why that might be happening? Pre roll for video content is not being shown.

Thanks

Peanut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My premium account seems fucked right now, as well. I checked billing and it says my yearly renewed on the 7th, but I see ads everywhere and I can no longer access premium content. It was working properly last night, but suddenly it isn't.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By rorie

@peanut: I hooked your account back up. No idea why that happened, so please PM me if it happens again. Sorry for the trouble.

brazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: I got charged twice for my current annual subscription, anyway we can fix this?