will treyarch FLOP again?

• 67 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

blandylfc84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By blandylfc84

this is just my opinion but i think treyarch have made possibly the worst COD games ever cod3 was utter turd and so was WAW compared to its predicessors, just like to know everyones thaughts?

ZoomyRamen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By ZoomyRamen

My opinions? You're a fail troll.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By zombie2011

Yeah they were pretty bad, especially COD3. 

blandylfc84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By blandylfc84

@ZoomyRamen GROW UP ffs

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By HitmanAgent47

Why I think they will flop. Like 86% on gamerankings sort of flop. Not 90% or over AAA quality.  

Edit: some ppl on the internets actually calls anything that's under 90% a flop. That's kind of weird, however I learned that term from them.
Avatar image for creativecolossi
CreativeColossi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By CreativeColossi

Short answer: no.  

Long answer: They'll probably make a better game balance wise than MW2 was, just because multiplayer in that game is a total clusterfuck. I personally hope they show how they've surpassed IW in both game design and maturity. 

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By august

Signs are pointing to no.

Avatar image for machofantastico
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By MachoFantastico

Disagree personally, think Treyarch did a fine job. Maybe it depends on taste, but I think Treyarch have done a solid job. Especially when you consider that it's fashion to hate them because they aren't Infinity Ward. 

Don't mind saying that I MUCH prefered World at War over Modern Warfare 2.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

Let's talk about Schnappi. 

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jack268

Black Ops will most likely be better balanced while also being even more crazy than MW2. 

Also, neither CoD3 nor WaW were shit compared to their "predicessors", Modern Warfare was just such a fresh breath of air that it made World War II games obsolete. 

If the 84 in your name means you were born in -84, I suggest you go back to elementary school and learn at least readable English. That is my opinion.

foggel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By foggel
@ZoomyRamen said:
" My opinions? You're a fail troll. "
WaW was pretty bad, if you're referring to that part. I've understood many think it is better than MW2, and I'm figuring you're one of them?

Or maybe I just didn't understand your sentence.

As for answering the OP, I think it looks pretty good. This comes from a guy who haven't liked a single Treyarch game. I think they've gathered enough experience to make an enjoyable game, beyond some zombie mode.
blandylfc84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By blandylfc84

@Creat@CreativeColossi said:

" Short answer: no.   Long answer: They'll probably make a better game balance wise than MW2 was, just because multiplayer in that game is a total clusterfuck. I personally hope they show how they've surpassed IW in both game design and maturity.  "
couldnt agree more i really hope this works and it lives up to all the hype, WAW really let me down after the success of modern warfare though, fingers crossed they learnt their lesson.
Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Call of Duty 3 was definitely the worst Call of Duty game, and while I haven't played World at War, everyone I know that played it thought it was really good. Now, to me personally Black Ops looks like the best Call of Duty game since Call of Duty 2. 

And regardless of who made the game or even how good it is, it's impossible for it to "flop" since it says "Call of Duty" on the box.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By CL60
@HitmanAgent47 said:
"

Why I think they will flop. Like 86% on gamerankings sort of flop.

"
/facepalm
Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Lukeweizer
@blandylfc84 said:
" this is just my opinion but i think treyarch have made possibly the worst COD games ever cod3 was utter turd and so was WAW compared to its predicessors, just like to know everyones thaughts? "
Fail as in W@W double CoD 4's sales?
zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By zombie2011
@Jack268 said:
"  Also, neither CoD3 nor WaW were shit compared to their "predicessors", Modern Warfare was just such a fresh breath of air that it made World War II games obsolete. "
COD3 was garbage compared to COD2.
Avatar image for creativecolossi
CreativeColossi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By CreativeColossi
@foggel: WaW was a better balanced multiplayer experience than MW2; here's to Treyarch showing they've surpassed IW.
MThand3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MThand3d

World at War didn't flop homey.

COD 3 was pretty good for what it was imo.  Obviously not as good as COD 2 but not completely terrible either.

blandylfc84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By blandylfc84
@Jack268: 

go back to elementary school? readable english? was there something wrong with what i wrote? if you dont like it dont read it or dont reply , your pettychildlike insults indicate to me that it is you that need to go back to "elementary school" maybe the playground :P
Twisted_Scot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By Twisted_Scot

COD 3 was a rush job launch release for 360 so as much as i hated the game i wont hold it against them. And although I wasnt a fan of W@W i dont see how it could be considered a "flop". I felt more let down by MW2 so should i consider MW2 a flop? I hope they pull back the reigns on the MP side and make it more balanced, keep a solid 4 player Co-op, Throw in a zombie mini-game and learn from your past mistakes (spawning etc) and I think it could be my next COD4.

Romination

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21  Edited By Romination

A "Flop" implies bad selling. WAW did better than CoD4. Thus, they won't, because this is the year's most highly anticipated game. 

Even if you hate it, because we all know it's cool to hate things.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Jack268
@blandylfc84: And yet you're the one being called a troll, not me. So yes, there obviously was something wrong with what you wrote.
matti00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By matti00

Treyarch will make a fine game and people will buy it in their millions. My personal problem is that I have gotten bored of the CoD franchise in general, and I think West and Zampella got out at just the right time. I think we're on the cusp of something new coming in and taking that FPS crown, just don't ask me what it is.

ZoomyRamen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ZoomyRamen
@foggel: Personally, it was just the entire tone of OP. W@W wasn't a flop in sales nor critically, CoD3 I can't say really I never played it. If perhaps the title of the post had shown it was personal opinion then I wouldn't have been bothered.  

I personally think that MW1 and MW2 aren't that great it doesn't mean I can call either flops. 
krystians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By krystians
@blandylfc84 said:
" this is just my opinion but i think treyarch have made possibly the worst COD games ever cod3 was utter turd and so was WAW compared to its predicessors, just like to know everyones thaughts? "
Waw was a good game. Sure MW was better, but lets not forget people played it, and it was fun. It's was not utter turd or the reviews would have reflected so.
mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#26  Edited By mikemcn
@ThePhantomnaut said:

"

Let's talk about Schnappi. 

"
But what does it mean!?
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

We'll first off A flop is a game that does not meet expectation so until we know what the exact expectation of this game is or was then we can't call it a flop.  Will It be a bad game? yes Treyarch is incapable of actually making a good Call of duty game.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#28  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Of course it'll flop.  There's no way Black Ops' sales will be significant.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#30  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

WaW did well at market, so it can't have been that bad. I didn't enjoy it at all, but I don't think MW2 was much better, trading balance for explosions kind of broke the game. Sometimes (read: often) literally. Personally I didn't enjoy the constant remaking of scenes from Enemy at the Gates and other WWII movies in WaW, but I think the SP at least will be really interesting in Black Ops. With the MP, they are giving it a new identity, changing it up, and it feels a little less like a MW3 without the modern part, like WaW felt like with MW. If they handle the subject matter right, and this new system for unlocks works better or at least as well as the previous stuff, and the new stuff like wager matches are executed right, it could be a good game. Don't judge a book by it's cover, or a game by it's developer. All developers are capable of making great and terrible games.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By toowalrus
TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#32  Edited By TheGreatGuero

World at War was actually really good, man. It deserves more respect than it gets.

mano521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By mano521

cod3 i liked. its multiplayer was far far better than cod 2.  
cod waw was pretty damn good. people just didnt like it cuz "O NO IT DONT HAVE NO MODERN GUNS WAAH"   besides that it was very well balanced and fun.  

so i dont think treyarch will flop. because it never has

Avatar image for radioactivegazz
RadioactiveGazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By RadioactiveGazz

Well they have hardly had things their way up until now, have they? 

I also preferred WaW more than MW2. CoD4 is my favourite so far of this gen, but WaW  was a very good game, even though it was world war 2. That Reichstag level was fucking awesome.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By JJOR64
@CL60 said:
" @HitmanAgent47 said:
"

Why I think they will flop. Like 86% on gamerankings sort of flop.

"
/facepalm "
tobygw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#36  Edited By tobygw
@blandylfc84: World at War clearly didn't flop since the game and the map packs made millions and millions of dollars. If you mean that the game wasn't good, well I don't think that World at War was bad, they just didn't really do anything new to the gameplay or multiplayer. (Story mode however was quite good)  

Black Ops they aren't really changing too much gameplay wise, but the things that make it look really interesting are all the new features they are adding such as theater, customization, cod points, reporting system. That's what has me excited.  

I also like how they seem to be putting in a real effort to have a balanced game, which is what the community wants. If they can follow through on that and continue to quickly address any issues that come up it should be really awesome.
Avatar image for weegieanawrench
weegieanawrench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#37  Edited By weegieanawrench
@ThePhantomnaut: Thank you for introducing me to that video! It was pretty funny. 

As to answer OP's question, I don't think that this will flop. It looks as though Treyarch has pulled together as a developer and created a solid game. I'm rooting for them!
blandylfc84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By blandylfc84
@mano521 said:
" cod3 i liked. its multiplayer was far far better than cod 2.  cod waw was pretty damn good. people just didnt like it cuz "O NO IT DONT HAVE NO MODERN GUNS WAAH"   besides that it was very well balanced and fun.   so i dont think treyarch will flop. because it never has "
HAHA i can see where your coming from, i just really didnt like it, never got past the disapointing stage tbh, got rid of it after a few days and went back to modern warfare, i personally hope it does really well, ive preordered my copy and am waiting for it now.. hopefully it will be everthing were expecting
ViciousReiven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By ViciousReiven

I haven't played WaW, but from what I've seen it looked pretty awesome, and most of my friends consider it to be on par with CoD4

yinstarrunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By yinstarrunner

I never played CoD3, but I really enjoyed WaW.  As others have said, I think its biggest problems came from all the people addicted to modern warfare.  But I certainly enjoyed the experience more than MW2, so I can't wait for all the improvements they seem to be bringing to Black Ops.

audiosnag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By audiosnag

To ask the question "will they flop again" would imply that WaW was a flop.
Which sorta invalidates the question immediately.

PowerBombYo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By PowerBombYo

Yeah, it's gonna flop right into my hands tonight when I buy it.

blandylfc84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By blandylfc84
@PowerBombYo said:
" Yeah, it's gonna flop right into my hands tonight when I buy it. "
LMFAO !!! yea im buying it too just hope it lives upto all the hype tbh
korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By korwin

Well as they now have to set the gold standard for what a CoD game is (the empty shell that is the Infinity Ward studio certainly isn't going to push the franchise to new heights) fans should hope they've given it their all.

I'm not particularly bothered either way though.

RisingRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By RisingRaiden

The only thing I fail to see is how W@W is considered a flop, when the next game in the series was one of the most utter pieces of crap ever created... 

I personally love W@W, it and COD4 are my favorite. COD4 for the awesomeness, and W@W for zombies and the fact that I ended up spending more time on it than any other game.

delusionaltool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By delusionaltool

World at war was freaking awsome what are you talking about, it was ww2 with cod 4 type of multi player... you cant beat a game where kiefer sutherland is cussing you out hahaha!  but it was great gameplay and fun!.... 

black ops from the reviews ive read they hit the ball out of the park with the wagering modes and cod points i really dig that idea, and zombies is back so im excited... give treyarch some credit, they have gotten alot better, and world at war was the start of something good...

i guess a few bugs are already gonna be squashed for the aholes that have to find exploits and cheat and ruin the game for everyone....so they are already showing initiative there... oh i forgot the DOGS ARE BACK!!!!

ZeroCast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By ZeroCast

Didn't know they flopped before. Their games were good.

CptChiken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By CptChiken

I dont think it will flop, WAW was a really good game, i preferred it to MW2 except for the fact that MW2 has Ghost. 

Just seriously, they better leave out tanks in multiplayer.... please! 

jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By jmrwacko
@blandylfc84 said:
I think your spelling is horrible, and I also thought WaW was a great game, not quite as good as CoD4 but much better than MW2.
Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Milkman

I've got 1000 points riding on 5 stars.