Delete: Knights of the Old Republic Online

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tariqari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By tariqari
I am requesting that the following page be removed until further confirmation is announced:

http://www.giantbomb.com/knights-of-the-old-republic-online/61-22556/

Please read below for the reasoning.

In short: The game is still a rumor. If the Portfolio blog announcement had any accuracy then we would have heard the info straight from Bioware/LucasArts/EA by now. Thus, it should be concluded that it is still a rumor because of no other reliable sources.

tariqari
said:
"TheBeast said:
"While this game has not officially been confirmed, it was mentioned in an interview with John Riccitiello at E3.
Please see the following sources for more information:
Joystiq - EA: LucasArts and BioWare building KOTOR MMO
Portfolio.com - EA to Play in Knights of the Old Republic

As this game has not officially been given a title, this page will serve as host for discussion and any information which surfaces as the game is developed.
"
These blogs don't qualify as "official sources". This page should be removed pending word from Bioware, LucasArts, or any other major news source. If it was "confirmed" then there would be information on those sites. Every other news site (IGN, 1UP, etc) only cites portfolio, including Joystiq. Therefore the information should not be taken into account as "offical confirmation" and the page should be removed.

Also since no one except Portfolio can verify that there is a SWMMO being Offically developed, why not just leave the discussion for the Star Wars forum? This is a bad sign if Giant Bomb is going to be contaminated by rumors and unofficial confirmations.
"
Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Systech
tariqari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By tariqari
systech said:
"Um... It was confirmed, actually.

Gamespot story
"
You didn't read the OP then. I clearly stated that many sites are reporting this. But they are reporting it only based on the Portfolio source, while EA, Bioware, and LucasArts have not reported anything. It's not been confirmed.
tariqari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By tariqari

Look, directly from the GameSpot story:

E3 2008: EA CEO confirms KOTOR MMO

John Riccitiello tellsConde Nast Portfolio that BioWare's mystery massively multiplayer project is a third installment in the Star Wars series.

They are only saying that a blog was told that the game was confirmed. That's equivalent to me going over to E3, and telling everyone the same thing with no video/audio/press release to back it up.

Not to mention Bioware has already commented that KOTOR 3 is not being made by them. This does not mean that some other form of KOTOR won't be made with an online component, as has been hinted numerous times.

The point is, I don't think any page should be created for a game unless a press release is shown as proof. Simple as that.

irishjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By irishjohn

I agree.

Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By Lies

I agree, if it's not officially announced it shouldn't exist Any discussion about it can take place on the other KOTOR boards until we know if and when it's coming.

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Systech
tariqari said:
"systech said:
"Um... It was confirmed, actually.

Gamespot story
"
You didn't read the OP then. I clearly stated that many sites are reporting this. But they are reporting it only based on the Portfolio source, while EA, Bioware, and LucasArts have not reported anything. It's not been confirmed.
"
I don't see the logic because that page will exist one way or another. I don't think that there is a point in deleting a page and then re-making it.
pyromaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By pyromaniac

It seems both of you have a point here...nevertheless I am 100% sure that the page will have to be edited at a later time...

Daniel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Daniel

Looks like the page has been deleted by Staff already.

Daniel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Daniel

*****Bumping up for ordering purposes*****