History on wiki pages?

DCam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By DCam

I just noticed there isn't any history on the wiki pages. That surprised me. I'm used to edit history on wiki pages, wikipedia being one example. Is there really no history on the giant bomb pages? Am I overlooking it?

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By beargirl1

there isn't any 

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Video_Game_King

There used to be one, but they got rid of it long ago. I'm not sure why, but it's gone.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Karl_Boss
@Video_Game_King said:

" There used to be one, but they got rid of it long ago. I'm not sure why, but it's gone. "

It was buggy and pointless to keep in its current state....they REALLY need to fix it and bring it back but we all know that will never happen.
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
@Video_Game_King said:
" There used to be one, but they got rid of it long ago. I'm not sure why, but it's gone. "
It was causing major bugs on the site. The staff do have plans for it to return at some point, but when that will happen, I don't know.
Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Karl_Boss
@MattyFTM: Yeah I'm calling bullshit on that they say they'll bring it back but its such a low priority to them that it will probably never happen.
DCam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By DCam

@Unknown_Pleasures: It can be hugely useful, in case someone with automatic approval access defaces a page. Having the history allows you to flip back to the pre-defacement version with one click. I have to wonder if it is being stored, but not exposed, or if it really isn't stored anywhere.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By natetodamax

They had one a while ago but it completely broke the site in almost every possible way, so they removed it. I agree that it would be useful to have, let's just hope that it doesn't destroy the site should they decide to bring it back.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
@Unknown_Pleasures: They understand the importance of the wiki feature, but they're a small staff and have to prioritize. There are definitely plans to do a lot of work on the wiki feature at some point in the future. When that will happen, I don't know, but it will happen.