How moderation and the point system work

Ifnot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#101  Edited By Ifnot

Thanks for the info, but I'm still clueless, lol.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#102  Edited By get2sammyb

I think I've done some things in seperate edits. Sorry about that guys. I'll do that no more!

EDIT

Can I just clarify - the "Why Should We Add This?" is just a quick note to the mods right? It doesn't need perfect grammar too does it? Because I've just been quickly typing in a quick reason for it's addition.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By get2sammyb
blizzvalve said:
"I have submissions that re coming to the 24 hour mark and they still haven't been checked. Are you short of support or something because it's really taking a long time"
Think how many people are posting submissions at the moment dude. It's no rush really - just keep editing away and your earlier stuff will get approved eventually. They will catch up, but it's going to take them a while.
Lozz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#104  Edited By Lozz

Ive got stuff that's 1 day old, I'm just slightly confused cos last night i added some images which were moderated within minutes and now it seems like its been all day.

Broseybrose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#105  Edited By Broseybrose

how many points for a screenshot, because im waiting on approval for a ton of my best screens (at 1920x1200/4xAA)?

MAV3R1CK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#106  Edited By MAV3R1CK

Sounds good, it actually keeps people in check and is a good way to have a few posts here and there and to make the content in posts more interesting. Very nice.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I have a bunch of really hi res images of KZ2, R2, LBP and more, some even 5k res.

But I doubt the points matter on how hi res the screens are..

nhlkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By nhlkiller

thanks for this....great FAQ answered my questions

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#109  Edited By Vinchenzo

I wish written reviews gave you points based on how helpful it was, or it just being there in general. I like to review games more than edit things.

Premier111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Premier111

You guys are in some serious help for moderators, I can tell. If there is anything I can do to be a part of that, please let me know. I know you guys are overwhelmed by the new site, but the boards are going to hell fast, I would be glad to put my experience to use. Let me know when its an appropriate time to step forward.

MasterSplinter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By MasterSplinter
Premier111 said:
"You guys are in some serious help for moderators, I can tell. If there is anything I can do to be a part of that, please let me know. I know you guys are overwhelmed by the new site, but the boards are going to hell fast, I would be glad to put my experience to use. Let me know when its an appropriate time to step forward."
They are slowly but surely selecting moderators.
digital_sin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#112  Edited By digital_sin

1000 points, here I come!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully so, because right now there is quite a lot of spam and flaming.

Axersia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Axersia
Lozz said:
"Ive got stuff that's 1 day old, I'm just slightly confused cos last night i added some images which were moderated within minutes and now it seems like its been all day.
"
Yeah, same here. My submissions only seem to get through when staff is online. This would imply submissions are handled on a last-come first-serve basis, which is the worst idea ever, because then my stuff won't get accepted for another week, if not more.

If all my uploads and edits were accepted, I should've had like 3000 points right now. If they just would've accepted my stuff and given me 1000 points, they wouldn't have to worry about me anymore. I wanna edit a lot of pages, but I don't like the idea of having to wait for my edits to go live (what if I put an hour of work into writing an article from scratch and someone else beats me to it?), so I've been spamming screenshots first.

But I'm willing to bet that even after I get my 1000 points, all my old pending stuff won't automatically live, so I expect this to take a very long time...
MasterSplinter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By MasterSplinter
Axersia said:
"Lozz said:
"Ive got stuff that's 1 day old, I'm just slightly confused cos last night i added some images which were moderated within minutes and now it seems like its been all day.
"
Yeah, same here. My submissions only seem to get through when staff is online. This would imply submissions are handled on a last-come first-serve basis, which is the worst idea ever, because then my stuff won't get accepted for another week, if not more.

If all my uploads and edits were accepted, I should've had like 3000 points right now. If they just would've accepted my stuff and given me 1000 points, they wouldn't have to worry about me anymore. I wanna edit a lot of pages, but I don't like the idea of having to wait for my edits to go live (what if I put an hour of work into writing an article from scratch and someone else beats me to it?), so I've been spamming screenshots first.

But I'm willing to bet that even after I get my 1000 points, all my old pending stuff won't automatically live, so I expect this to take a very long time...
"
I just think there is such a big content overload going on that the staff has their hands full. I think once everything settles down and they have a chance to regroup and recruit, submission entries will go more smoothly.
Carmel_Chewy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Carmel_Chewy

Alright, thanks for posting the info.

B_Carpenter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By B_Carpenter

I'm glad my submission for a certain game didn't went trough moderation, because I totally forgot to look it up ..hehe.
Once more users get past 1.000 points this place will get better and better.

MasterSplinter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By MasterSplinter
B_Carpenter said:
"

I'm glad my submission for a certain game didn't went trough moderation, because I totally forgot to look it up ..hehe.
Once more users get past 1.000 points this place will get better and better.

"
Yeah I agree. The problem right now is that so many people are posting to get to the 1000 point mark that the submissions are flooding their inbox.
nWoRandom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By nWoRandom

this site is my new home

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Which is why they need more then like, 4 people who approve stuff... Honestly I think it could go a little faster though, even with 4 people. :P

BlackWaterCO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#121  Edited By BlackWaterCO

Huh, I want more info

oGShAdY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By oGShAdY
Sentry said:
"Which is why they need more then like, 4 people who approve stuff... Honestly I think it could go a little faster though, even with 4 people. :P
"

According to the podcast over 20,000 seperate submissions have been made since launch, and, I'm guessing, that it would take a long time to process all of that content with any number of moderators.
Foil_Charizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Foil_Charizard

Has anyone been able to deduce what happens if you submit a better page for a page that already exists? Do they replace it, combine them, or reject the newer submission? 

MasterSplinter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By MasterSplinter
Foil_Charizard said:
"Has anyone been able to deduce what happens if you submit a better page for a page that already exists? Do they replace it, combine them, or reject the newer submission? 
"
That is up to the moderator reading your submission. If your information is correct, more informative, and/or well-written it will more than likely replace the previously submitted content.
OpusAngelorum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By OpusAngelorum
oGShAdY said:
"...it would take a long time to process all of that content with any number of moderators. "
I believe they said on the podcast that there was 6 of them them currently moderating the content.
DanCarmichael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#126  Edited By DanCarmichael

Sounds good. I was trying to avoid adding images with watermarks but wasn't 100% if it mattered.

RagingLion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#127  Edited By RagingLion

Aha, someone else going for the Mass Effect characters.  I guessed there'd be some people doing that.  Maybe I'll leave off it before the first confirmed submissions come through then.

SoSerious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By SoSerious

Is there a notification for rejected content? My list just has pending or approved.

JethroVegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By JethroVegas

Interesting.
I wasn't even aware of the encyclopedia stuff until now, I'm afraid...

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Player1

I realize that they guys are extremely busy and doing their best. But should I be worried if I have some pending submissions that are around 2 days old?

Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Gary_Jinfield
SoSerious said:
"Is there a notification for rejected content? My list just has pending or approved.
"
There is, I've seen it a few times in a few profiles. (It states rejected in large red letters)
Tiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Tiago

Okay, thanks.

Kowalski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#133  Edited By Kowalski
SoSerious said:
"Is there a notification for rejected content? My list just has pending or approved.
"
This means that your uploaded images that were processed got approved. If you spot the word rejected in red letters instead of the two aforementioned, you'll know what it means.
vgmkyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#134  Edited By vgmkyle

Some stuff is just going to look Wiki depending on the game.

MrBojangles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By MrBojangles

I'm sure this was answered, but I don't have the time to read all of the responses.

Will it show up that an edit is rejected or will it just keep saying, "Pending"?

MasterSplinter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By MasterSplinter
MrBojangles said:
"I'm sure this was answered, but I don't have the time to read all of the responses.

Will it show up that an edit is rejected or will it just keep saying, "Pending"?
"
If your submission is rejected it will show up in red letters as "rejected."
Avatar image for markthestampede
MarktheStampede

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#137  Edited By MarktheStampede
MasterSplinter said:
"Foil_Charizard said:
"Has anyone been able to deduce what happens if you submit a better page for a page that already exists? Do they replace it, combine them, or reject the newer submission? 
"
That is up to the moderator reading your submission. If your information is correct, more informative, and/or well-written it will more than likely replace the previously submitted content.
"
If we submitted a new page that has since been added by someone else what happens to our images? For example I created a lightsaber and a Toad page, but those edits went through from someone else. Will the images uploaded with the page still possibly be approved or do I need to upload them to the existing page?
MasterSplinter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By MasterSplinter
RoonilWazslib said:
"MasterSplinter said:
"Foil_Charizard said:
"
"
If we submitted a new page that has since been added by someone else what happens to our images? For example I created a lightsaber and a Toad page, but those edits went through from someone else. Will the images uploaded with the page still possibly be approved or do I need to upload them to the existing page?
"
I doubt it. I would re-submit those images to the newly created pages.
Avatar image for silentassasin5k
Silentassasin5k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Silentassasin5k

Just to point out, I have some submissions a few days old but I made a few today that were approved almost instantly. Might be a bug in the queue system, just figured i'd point it out.

serbsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By serbsta

Ive got a question, do the points on our profile update automatically? Or is that a daily thing?

MasterSplinter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By MasterSplinter
serbsta said:
"Ive got a question, do the points on our profile update automatically? Or is that a daily thing?
"
Your points update automatically, while your rank updates daily.
MasterSplinter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By MasterSplinter
Silentassasin5k said:
"Just to point out, I have some submissions a few days old but I made a few today that were approved almost instantly. Might be a bug in the queue system, just figured i'd point it out.
"
The queues for images and text submissions are different so that is why some things are getting submitted faster than others.
OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#143  Edited By OGCartman

Took me 48 hours for my edit to be looked at then someone added stuff =(

Caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#144  Edited By Caddy
oGShAdY said:
"Sentry said:
"Which is why they need more then like, 4 people who approve stuff... Honestly I think it could go a little faster though, even with 4 people. :P
"

According to the podcast over 20,000 seperate submissions have been made since launch, and, I'm guessing, that it would take a long time to process all of that content with any number of moderators. "
I can't even imagine sitting in a queue that size. Good luck to the staff and any mods doing it!
Kowalski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#145  Edited By Kowalski

It looks like almost only the users above 1,000 points have gotten more submissions done in the last 24 hours. I'm soon going on 3 days on stuff...

Silentassasin5k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Silentassasin5k
Caddy said:
"oGShAdY said:
"Sentry said:
"

According to the podcast over 20,000 seperate submissions have been made since launch, and, I'm guessing, that it would take a long time to process all of that content with any number of moderators. "
I can't even imagine sitting in a queue that size. Good luck to the staff and any mods doing it!
"
Well my queue is going to keep increasing because I add a few hundred pics a day. I just wish some of them would start to go through the system.
Giantkitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By Giantkitty

Can we transfer some of our Comic Vine points? I just want to move about 970 points over :)

MasterSplinter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By MasterSplinter
Silentassasin5k said:
"Caddy said:
"oGShAdY said:
"Sentry said:
"

"
Well my queue is going to keep increasing because I add a few hundred pics a day. I just wish some of them would start to go through the system.
"
Images are the easiest items to upload, so I am going to bet the image queue is exponentially larger than the wiki queue.
Silentassasin5k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By Silentassasin5k
MasterSplinter said:
"Silentassasin5k said:
"Caddy said:
"oGShAdY said:
"Sentry said:
"

"
"
Images are the easiest items to upload, so I am going to bet the image queue is exponentially larger than the wiki queue.
"
Yes but I have wiki queues that are about 72 hours. Maybe everything is just backed up lol.
FullMetal_Mac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#150  Edited By FullMetal_Mac

Cool I'll make sure not to upload watermarked images.