Increasing the difficulty of adding new concepts.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#1  Edited By Hailinel

I'm not sure whether it's better to post this here or in the Bug Reporting forum, but anyway:

Is there any way that creating new concepts can be made more difficult?  We're getting such a rash of absurd, lame, or just poorly thought out concepts as of late that I'm thinking the requirements for being able to just create new concepts on the fly need to be increased.

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Jadeskye

moderate all concepts before creation perhaps?

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By c1337us

Sounds like a good idea to be more tight with that sort of stuff to me.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#4  Edited By Hailinel
@jadeskye said:
" moderate all concepts before creation perhaps? "
That certainly wouldn't hurt.
eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By eroticfishcake

I think in order for a concept to be added a certain criteria needs to be included in order for it to accepted. For example, in order for a concept to be accepted, the concept must exist in at least three games or more. In some cases, if the concept was say, unique to that game then I think it's important to raise the question to the forums (or staff) and see what everyone else thinks.

frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By frankxiv

it would probably be too much work, but maybe change how things work for concepts?

like have a concept suggestion forum, concepts are suggested as new threads, people can read the OP's summary of the concept, and then the community can determine if it's valid or not. maybe have some kind of accept/deny voting system only mods can see, and after a certain amount of votes, the concept would be added and the thread closed with a link to the concept in the last post.

seems like a bit much though.

vigorousjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 41

#7  Edited By vigorousjammer

I dunno, I think the delete request forum is working just as well as a submission forum would... maybe even better.

If an absurd concept does show up... which it occasionally does... then simply suggest to have it deleted on the delete request forums, and if it truly is so absurd, it'll be deleted.

The system is fine as it is.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#8  Edited By LordAndrew
@eroticfishcake said:
" I think in order for a concept to be added a certain criteria needs to be included in order for it to accepted. For example, in order for a concept to be accepted, the concept must exist in at least three games or more. In some cases, if the concept was say, unique to that game then I think it's important to raise the question to the 
forums (or staff) and see what everyone else thinks. "
There could be perfectly valid concepts that only exist in one or two games. And games are only attached after the creation of a page, so the page creation system would need a complete overhaul to do that.

I think I'm with Vigorousjammer on this one. Most concepts are harmless, and if a bad one pops up in can be brought to Delete & Combine Requests like we do currently. One of the main problems I've seen is that the moderators seem to be too busy to monitor that board all the time. Forcing all concepts through moderation would just increase their workload even more.
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By natetodamax

I don't think anything needs to be changed as long as people catch on to bad pages that make it through and post them to Delete forum.