• 68 results
#1 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -

Just an update for you guys who aren't following gpbmike on twitter, you can now quick-link using @ and #.

What does this mean? you can now reply to a user by simply typing @, a small text box will pop up and when you type in someones username it will just be like pressing the ''reply'' button. With using # you can easily link pages. The same thing will happen, the text box will pop up and when you have typed in the name of the page you want it will automatically link, just like this - Uncharted.

Give it a try and remember to report any problems to the Bug reporting forums!

Thanks.

#2 Edited by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -

Also, using @ to reply to someone not in the thread also works, sending them a notification.

#3 Edited by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

All these great things added to Parchment v2 sadden me since it still doesn't let me use ctrl+arrows to move between words in Firefox. Well, back to Parchment v1.

testing @

#4 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -

It worked, awesome. :)

#5 Edited by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

Cool. Now I'm going to post something then edit my post with the @ thing.

edit testing edit @

#6 Edited by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -

Nope, didn't work. Let me try.

edit

#7 Edited by Chemin (632 posts) -

Huh, for me it's when I type quotation marks. @ does nothing, and now I can't quote stuff. I'm bummed out.

*edit* # works fine though. Test

#8 Edited by N7 (3590 posts) -
#9 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -
#10 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -

@Chemin: What do you mean?

#11 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -
@NekuSakuraba said:

Nope, didn't work. Let me try.

edit @MrKlorox

nope. Oh well
#12 Posted by EquitasInvictus (2030 posts) -

I'm curious: Does Parchment v2 translate to the mobile Whiskey Media site forms such that I'd be able to use @ and # on a mobile site? Now that I think of it, though, I'm pretty sure my smartphone can handle viewing the full site, either way. I'm just truly curious, now.

#13 Edited by Chemin (632 posts) -

The text box won't pop with @, it pops with Shift+2 instead, or 'quotation mark' so to speak (edit: Realized that this obviously is for us Swedish users who have quotation marks on Shift+2 - and that's probably where the problem lies also). The funny thing is, I can see it blink 'quotation mark', so I know it's right, but when I click the X in the box, it has magically turned into an @. This means that I can't type quotation marks at all, whether I want to or not. This seems like a bug to me.

#14 Edited by wolf_blitzer85 (5260 posts) -

JoJo the Idiot Circus Boy

Whoa. That is some cool stuff.

Testing

Oh man and noticed the lag is gone too! I haven't used parchment 2 for some time because of that. It is a good day for change indeed because this is some hot shit. Using Firefox 8.0.1 by the way.

#15 Edited by BeachThunder (11987 posts) -

what if I really want to use an ampersat or octothorpe?

Furthermore, ; also,

Edit: :(

#16 Edited by xMP44x (2193 posts) -

#Forza

@BeachThunder

I'm not sure if this feature works in Firefox.

@BeachThunder #Battlefield 3

Nope, doesn't seem to work in Chrome either.

#17 Posted by Chemin (632 posts) -

@xMP44x said:

#Forza

@BeachThunder

I'm not sure if this feature works in Firefox.

It does. I have Firefox. Too bad I have this other bug occurring instead, as I mentioned above.

#18 Posted by snide (2413 posts) -

This one is in active dev. If it's not working for you please report your browser, OS and all those other good details to let know what's up.

#19 Edited by Chemin (632 posts) -

@snide said:

This one is in active dev. If it's not working for you please report your browser, OS and all those other good details to let know what's up.

The problem has been reported in the thread, it seems to be related to different countries' keyboard layouts.

#20 Edited by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

Yes! I've wanted this for forever! Giant Bomb is now like Twitter! and the Whiskey Media team are the best!

Extra Test: Wii U

#21 Edited by DeF (4903 posts) -

@Nekusa

#Uncharted

edit: does not work

edit2: did not read

@Chemin said:

@snide said:

The problem has been reported in the thread, it seems to be related to different countries' keyboard layouts.

this before posting ...

since I have a German keyboard, that would probably be the reaosn why.

#22 Posted by Winternet (8021 posts) -

Yesterday I was typing 2 and 3 and the editor thought I was typing @ and # which was pretty annoying. Now it works fine. I hope it stays that way.

#23 Posted by Sweep (8869 posts) -

Doesn't work for me, the @ and # symbols don't prompt any text box to open or anything. Using Chrome 16.0.912.63m on Windows 7.

#24 Posted by KarlPilkington (2733 posts) -

@Sweep said:

Doesn't work for me, the @ and # symbols don't prompt any text box to open or anything. Using Chrome 16.0.912.63m on Windows 7.

Exactly all of this for me as well.

#25 Edited by supermike6 (3565 posts) -

ok this is awesome

#26 Posted by supermike6 (3565 posts) -

hi

#27 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -
#28 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

Super Metroid

it works for me....cool that you can @ reply someone who hasn't even posted in the thread.

#29 Posted by gpbmike (864 posts) -

Hey guys, I think I fixed the foreign keyboard user problem. If you guys are still awake in the UK, try it now!

#31 Edited by mracoon (4972 posts) -

testing with my United Kingdom keyboard.

edit: Yup, it works. Thanks for the fix.

#32 Posted by ShaggE (6472 posts) -

Wishbone and the Amazing Odyssey is the name of an interactive CD-ROM experience with win/lose conditions, or "game", if you will.

Yep, this is an awesome feature.

#33 Posted by MattyFTM (14393 posts) -

Testing to see if it works with myself.

#34 Edited by Mento (2558 posts) -
#35 Posted by destruktive (1069 posts) -

Mommy's Best Games, Inc. and

oh. But not if I press enter. I'm not really sure how I did it in the line above.

#36 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

Cool

Stuff

#37 Posted by NathHaw (2789 posts) -
#38 Posted by xMP44x (2193 posts) -
#39 Posted by RazielCuts (2960 posts) -
#40 Posted by theodacourt (542 posts) -

@thisseemstobeworking #thisalsoseemstobeworking

I always wanted to be able to @reply to the writer of an article and I couldn't do it. Now I can!, but I fear for all the staff inbox's so maybe I won't. Maybe @replying to staff should be turned off unless they've been commenting in a thread or something?

#41 Edited by VilhelmNielsen (1735 posts) -

#NakedCartoonPussy

It doesn't work properly.

#42 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

#43 Posted by AlexW00d (6281 posts) -

@gpbmike: Dude we're only 8 hours ahead of you, of course we're awake. hah. Awesome addition though.

#44 Edited by 1337W422102 (1011 posts) -

@MrKlorox said:

All these great things added to Parchment v2 sadden me since it still doesn't let me use ctrl+arrows to move between words in Firefox. Well, back to Parchment v1.

I hate to just write "This," but damn, son, this.

EDIT: Not to sound like an ungrateful jerk, mind you.

#45 Posted by CrimsonAvenger (277 posts) -

This is so cool. I can @reply myself in the same post and that is just too cool.

#46 Edited by AndrewB (7633 posts) -

Now I know that is a user here.

And now I feel real bad just for mentioning that...

#47 Edited by Sparklykiss (1968 posts) -

Man, I love this update.

Hey guys! :D Hi hi hi hi hi~

EDIT: I immediately checked my outbox after this. I feel like I just used the system for evil.

#48 Edited by Clouise (147 posts) -

@Sparklykiss: Oh no, what have you done! Also, you totally just god touched me you big perv!

#49 Posted by Matt (963 posts) -

@Sparklykiss said:

Man, I love this update.

Hey guys! :D Hi hi hi hi hi~

EDIT: I immediately checked my outbox after this. I feel like I just used the system for evil.

WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS!??!

#50 Posted by yoshimitz707 (2453 posts) -

<3