2 New Xbox 360 IP's to be announced by end of Q1

roofy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By roofy

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Xbox 360 seems to be running short of exclusives this year, barring Halo Wars and a couple DLC components from its earlier games the machine has very little to look forward to but we found out that there was indeed a lot cooking inside Microsoft’s stove that they are yet to let out.

A spokesperson from Microsoft that it indeed has atleast two new properties that have been in development for quite sometime, he goes on to say -

“We’ve always focused our attention in the year of operation concerned, I would safely say that our community will see atleast two new games being announced exclusive to the Xbox 360 console by the end of Q1 2009″

A bit of probing also revealed that one might actually be an online fighter based on a very popular franchise, the other is an action adventure game from one of their internal studios. Well it seems Microsoft is far from giving up this generation without a solid fight.

________________________________________________________________________________________

Whose ready for the next Killer Instinct?!
I AM!

Source via GAF

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Arkthemaniac

It won't be Killer Instinct, that isn't a new IP.

What teams does Microsoft have working for them now? We may be able to divulge the new IPs from a little critical thinking. Also, if either of them are at all Halo related, even in concept, I will throw my shoe at Bill Gates' jet.
PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By PureRok

I doubt something that is a new IP will have anything to do with any other franchise except for maybe homages, references, and/or easter eggs.

roofy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By roofy

sorry my bad,
its not necessarily a new IP but 2 new exclusive games.

RARE would be making the new Killer Instinct obviously if its a new KI. does anyone remeber the KI sheet music lying around?
the action adventure game could be molyneux's new game.

if the fighter isnt KI then it could be a new DoA which would still be kick ass

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
Arkthemaniac said:
"It won't be Killer Instinct, that isn't a new IP.
What teams does Microsoft have working for them now? We may be able to divulge the new IPs from a little critical thinking. Also, if either of them are at all Halo related, even in concept, I will throw my shoe at Bill Gates' jet.
"
not really.  when you consider the context this would be spoken in, there's no way to tell.
anyway, while I don't doubt there will be 2 new games announced by the end of Q1, I do doubt this as I've never heard of that site.  I call BS

These are the internal studios:
Turn 10
Rare
Wingnut (they're working on a halo game, head guys are peter jackson and payton from mgs)
Bungie (as much as insomiac/naughty dog to sony)
Mistwalker (see above)
Lionhead
Microsoft Game Studios (general- i'd consider them to be the kodu guys, just general MS teams)
ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

#6  Edited By ZombiePie

Who knows what their new IPs are. Anyways all that needs to be announced by the end of Q1 is a premise and a trailer which isn't that hard. Then they would work on the game a little, maybe prepare something for conventions ect. It's not that hard to announce a game. 

Cheapoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Cheapoz

Halo 3rd person action-adventure-rpg-lite

KiwiJulce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By KiwiJulce

Peter Moluneux's Next Game

and Bungie's new game? Itagaki's project? DOA: code cronus?