The_Philosopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

Edited By The_Philosopher

Shadow Complex      
I like Castlevania and I like Epic Games so this seems totally rad.

Batman: Arkham Asylum  
This games looks pretty neat, I had no desire to play it untill I tried the demo. It looks at least worthy of a rental at least.

Champions Online  
 I don't know why but I have the desire to play a brand new MMORPG when it's just starting up. I think maybe it's because there's still some mystery. For example if I was to start playing WoW again I would already know all the dungeons and items etc. But with this I am discovering all that stuff for the first time and so is everyone else. The open beta is in 4 days so I will give it a try then to make sure it's my thing before I rush out and buy it.

The Beatles: Rock Band  
The Beatles are one of the best bands on this fucking planet. I cannot wait to play all these songs. This might also get my dad to finally pick up a fake guitar, drumstick or microphone because he adores The Beatles.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2
I recently read Civil War and it was very cool. So a game based on it seems sweet, besides I enjoyed the first MUA so why not.

Scribblenauts  
This looks like one of those ambitious Little Big Planet type games. I can't wait to check out this game and see what it's all about.     

Halo 3: ODST 
It's Halo. 

Alpha Protocol    
I like RPGS. I like shooters. I like Mass Effect. I like James Bond. I hope this game is awesome.

Brutal Legend 
To be honest I'm kinda picky when it comes to music especially Metal. My favorite Metal band is "Death" hands down. But I'll still enjoy it for the most part as long as it's not power metal, like Dragon Force singing about lame shit like elves... which just so happens to be in the soundtrack for this game :( I prefer something like 3 Inches of Blood... which is also in the soundtrack! :)  
I really don't know what to do with myself. I mean this game has such a cool idea but Jack Black isn't metal at all. While I was reading the soundtrack I found myself saying "Really? Ewwwww! What the fuck?!?" alot. However most of the time I was shouting "YES! I'm so glad that band is in there!" I geuss I'll have to wait and see if this game is for me.

Borderlands  
Sweet art style. Loads of guns. Leveling up. Great charm. Co-op. This game looks like it will be so fun and addicting. The fact I can play with my friends and we will all have crazy unique weapons that we can use to shoot each other with is epic. Borderlands lan parties are gonna be awesome. 

Uncharted 2 
I liked Uncharted 1 so why the fuck not. Although I think I might wait till this one is in the bargian bin. 

Dragon Age  
I like Bioware, alot. Sure their games are really giltchy and have terrible save systems but I still love em.

Modern Warfare 2  
Holy Fuck!

Assassin's Creed 2 
Assassin's Creed 1 had such a bullshit cliffhanger heading. Now I NEED to know what happens to Desmond, and what those damn symbols mean. 

Left 4 Dead 2  
New Left 4 Dead campaigns = awesome. I don't give a shit if Valve gives them to me on a disk or as DLC or on a fucking cartridge.  Seriously, anyone who complained about how they are making Left 4 Dead 2 so soon is a moron, bottomline. I mean opinions are great but in that case they are just plain wrong. Here are new surviors, new zombies, new weapons, new maps, what difference does it make if it's labeled Left 4 Dead 2?

The Saboteur  
This looks like some crazy world war 2 Okami shit. I'm down with that. I don't really know much about it, i prefer to keep myself in the dark when it comes to new and interesting titles. I am dying to find try it when it comes out though. 

Well those are all the games coming out this year that I am remotely interested in. What have I been playing? A little bit of Deadrising and The Simpsons Game. 
The Simpsons Game is really funny by the way. If you like The Simpsons go out and buy it for like $10 at a Gamestop or something, you'll get some laughs out of it for sure. I bought Predator 1 & 2, Heat, 007 Gold Finger and 007 Dr. No yesterday for $5 each at Walmart. All classics that I haven't seen in awhile, so that's my next day or two already planned out. :) I think I'll post  a list of games that a need to finish before the summer is over. So expect that sometime in the near future, right now I have to go cook myself some supper

Avatar image for the_philosopher
The_Philosopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By The_Philosopher

Shadow Complex      
I like Castlevania and I like Epic Games so this seems totally rad.

Batman: Arkham Asylum  
This games looks pretty neat, I had no desire to play it untill I tried the demo. It looks at least worthy of a rental at least.

Champions Online  
 I don't know why but I have the desire to play a brand new MMORPG when it's just starting up. I think maybe it's because there's still some mystery. For example if I was to start playing WoW again I would already know all the dungeons and items etc. But with this I am discovering all that stuff for the first time and so is everyone else. The open beta is in 4 days so I will give it a try then to make sure it's my thing before I rush out and buy it.

The Beatles: Rock Band  
The Beatles are one of the best bands on this fucking planet. I cannot wait to play all these songs. This might also get my dad to finally pick up a fake guitar, drumstick or microphone because he adores The Beatles.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2
I recently read Civil War and it was very cool. So a game based on it seems sweet, besides I enjoyed the first MUA so why not.

Scribblenauts  
This looks like one of those ambitious Little Big Planet type games. I can't wait to check out this game and see what it's all about.     

Halo 3: ODST 
It's Halo. 

Alpha Protocol    
I like RPGS. I like shooters. I like Mass Effect. I like James Bond. I hope this game is awesome.

Brutal Legend 
To be honest I'm kinda picky when it comes to music especially Metal. My favorite Metal band is "Death" hands down. But I'll still enjoy it for the most part as long as it's not power metal, like Dragon Force singing about lame shit like elves... which just so happens to be in the soundtrack for this game :( I prefer something like 3 Inches of Blood... which is also in the soundtrack! :)  
I really don't know what to do with myself. I mean this game has such a cool idea but Jack Black isn't metal at all. While I was reading the soundtrack I found myself saying "Really? Ewwwww! What the fuck?!?" alot. However most of the time I was shouting "YES! I'm so glad that band is in there!" I geuss I'll have to wait and see if this game is for me.

Borderlands  
Sweet art style. Loads of guns. Leveling up. Great charm. Co-op. This game looks like it will be so fun and addicting. The fact I can play with my friends and we will all have crazy unique weapons that we can use to shoot each other with is epic. Borderlands lan parties are gonna be awesome. 

Uncharted 2 
I liked Uncharted 1 so why the fuck not. Although I think I might wait till this one is in the bargian bin. 

Dragon Age  
I like Bioware, alot. Sure their games are really giltchy and have terrible save systems but I still love em.

Modern Warfare 2  
Holy Fuck!

Assassin's Creed 2 
Assassin's Creed 1 had such a bullshit cliffhanger heading. Now I NEED to know what happens to Desmond, and what those damn symbols mean. 

Left 4 Dead 2  
New Left 4 Dead campaigns = awesome. I don't give a shit if Valve gives them to me on a disk or as DLC or on a fucking cartridge.  Seriously, anyone who complained about how they are making Left 4 Dead 2 so soon is a moron, bottomline. I mean opinions are great but in that case they are just plain wrong. Here are new surviors, new zombies, new weapons, new maps, what difference does it make if it's labeled Left 4 Dead 2?

The Saboteur  
This looks like some crazy world war 2 Okami shit. I'm down with that. I don't really know much about it, i prefer to keep myself in the dark when it comes to new and interesting titles. I am dying to find try it when it comes out though. 

Well those are all the games coming out this year that I am remotely interested in. What have I been playing? A little bit of Deadrising and The Simpsons Game. 
The Simpsons Game is really funny by the way. If you like The Simpsons go out and buy it for like $10 at a Gamestop or something, you'll get some laughs out of it for sure. I bought Predator 1 & 2, Heat, 007 Gold Finger and 007 Dr. No yesterday for $5 each at Walmart. All classics that I haven't seen in awhile, so that's my next day or two already planned out. :) I think I'll post  a list of games that a need to finish before the summer is over. So expect that sometime in the near future, right now I have to go cook myself some supper

VWGTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By VWGTI

Batman, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, and Alpha Protocol are pretty high up on my list. I really hope they turn out well.

I also have high hopes for Way of the Samurai 3. I want a good samurai game that isn't Onimusha.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d99c8cd85096
deactivated-5d99c8cd85096

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Good list. You have a typo in the title.

PJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By PJ

WHAT? Bioware games glichy? I have no idea what your talking about. So... anyone up for a elevator ride?
Man, Im looking forwart to Dragon Age too. Its a back to their roots game so I hope they haven't lost their touch.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By penguindust

Well, there are 16 titles listed here...I look forward to reading your expectations for the other one thousand nine hundred and ninety-three.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By mordukai
@Zombutler said:
" Good list. You have a typo in the title. "
Maybe he is from Jamaica??...Mon 
mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mordukai
@The_Philosopher:  
What's wrong with Bioware's save system? I think it's just fine. About the only major problem I have with Mass Effect is the smorgasbord inventory system. 
PowerSerj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PowerSerj

I went a bit cross-eyed while skimming your post. Did you really mean to format everything like that?

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Seedofpower

Lol L4D2. Ok, you pay 50$ for the same game.

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By spankingaddict

good blog....

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Ineedaname

Surely you'd want all games to be awesome?

fuzzyponken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By fuzzyponken

Muramasa: The Demon Blade 
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories 
Dead Space: Extraction 
A Boy and his Blob 
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 
New Super Mario Bros 
No More Heroes 2 
Sin and Punishment 2 

This year could turn out pretty epic for the Wii.  

The_Philosopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By The_Philosopher
@PowerSerj: Looking at it now it does look really dumb lol, i will fix that real quick.

@fuzzyponken:
Yea, I still haven't gotten around to playing Deadly Creatures but I really want to. 

Damian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Damian

Are you really buying AC2 just to find out what the symbols mean? Here's $60 comin' atcha! They have little baring on the sequel, I can tell you that much. Not a thing to do with Italy or the Renaissance.

Not trying to dissuade you, as I will certainly be picking up the sequel. But you didn't seem to have anything good to say about the original, so I thought "hey, dude's already paying Valve to receive butt-sex. I may as well try and save him a buck."

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By natetodamax
@Seedofpower said:
" Lol L4D2. Ok, you pay 50$ for the same game. "
Have you ever played the game? How do you know it's going to be the same? Do you know somebody that has played it? Did they tell you it's the same? It has new survivors, new weapons, new maps, new zombies, etc. The controversy surrounding this game is pathetic, and everyone involved is pathetic.

Okay, I'm done.
ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ShaneDev

I liked the modern warfare 2 one :)

Kycon90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Kycon90

Dragon ball raging blast bitches.

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Seedofpower
@natetodamax said:

" @Seedofpower said:

" Lol L4D2. Ok, you pay 50$ for the same game. "

Have you ever played the game? How do you know it's going to be the same? Do you know somebody that has played it? Did they tell you it's the same? It has new survivors, new weapons, new maps, new zombies, etc. The controversy surrounding this game is pathetic, and everyone involved is pathetic.  Okay, I'm done. "
This  

has the same GAMEplay as this....

happyfatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By happyfatman

Cannot wait for Borderlands.  I love the graphics, the guns, and the general atmosphere of the game.  It seems like one of those games that's just a little insane.  I can definitely see it being a prime contender for game of the year.
The_Philosopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By The_Philosopher

@Damian:  
I am buying Assassin's Creed 2 because I enjoyed the first one for it's story and gameplay. Sure it got a little repeative towards the end but it looks like their varying it up alot in the sequel. Thanks for the heads up though, that article was interesting. I can't wait to see what happens to Desmond in the end.

@Seedofpower:
Of coarse it has the same gameplay, it's a sequel. It has new weapons, enemies, levels, characters, just like any sequel. With your crazy logic every sequel is garbage. I mean what did you expect? A Left 4 Dead RTS with cell-shaded graphics?   

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By crusader8463
Avatar image for 45hefvserg 34t34 t3
45ysdfgsd g35t3t54 3t4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Id have to say thats kinda how my list would look too. Although im afraid....wait for it..... i hate Halo...sorry ;-)

Moeez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Moeez

Dude, why waste $60 on a game that you HOPE that would be good? 

The_Philosopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By The_Philosopher
@Moeez:
That's really sad and all but I've never even heard of any of those games. If the guy mentioned in the video wants to make free games then he can't expect them to support his family. The guy that's ranting is the kind of person I tend to disagree with. The world is not that black and white. I mean come on, it's a fucking free indie game on the net compared to a huge block buster game like Assassin's Creed. I'm sure those games are fun but you can't expect everybody to donate to a FREE game. That's the point of a free fucking game, most people play a FREE game because they don't want to invest any money into it.   

Honestly this guy kinda strikes me as a pretentious idiot. I love new and exciting games, but people need to make money so they are gonna make games that they know will sell. Saying that it's the consumers fault for not donating to random dudes on the net and for buying games they are interested in is so dumb. Nobody seemed to like Assassin's Creed? I bet you there were alot of people who liked it. I bet because of that the 2nd one will sell well too. I mean is he asking me to not buy something I want? Instead to donate money to a guy who makes free games. If the guy enjoys making free games in his spare time or whatever then good for him, I'm not gonna pay him. The sad thing is a bet that Jason Ahora guy or however you spell it is a real cool dude but this idiot makes him look bad. 

You are right with one thing though. It's possible that I might not like Assassin's Creed 2. However I like to try games and form my own opinions so I'll buy it. If I don't like it then whatever I could just sell it or just keep it in my collection and the world keeps on turning.  

Are there not more pressing problems in the world then some guy having to work for Champbels Soup? I mean people are getting raped and murdered as I waste time typing this, farewell I am off to fight crime!

Also I liked Assassin's Creed, it was worth my $60.     
CharlieTuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By CharlieTuna
@The_Philosopher said:
"Halo 3: ODST 

It's Halo. "

You're shit out of luck on this one being awesome then.

Pretty good list though, besides AC2 (terrible boring first game, almost fell asleep) these are pretty much the games I'm keeping an eye on.
InFamous91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By InFamous91

Assassin Creed 2 and COD: Modern Warfare 2 is all i need
For some reason, I'm quite interest in playing Mini Ninjas......This cute action adventure makes me take notice. 
Scribblenauts seem amazing and creative. 5th Cell has always been delivering video games, that makes the player use his/her mind. 
On a video game budget until 2010, so this maybe the last games I'll buy in 2009. However, I may change my mind on buying Mini Ninjas though.