2011 Spike Video Game Awards Will Award Video Games With Awards, Also Announce Things

• 135 results
Chris2KLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 13

#101  Edited By Chris2KLee

The VGA's are pretty useless as an award show, but to be fair, so are pretty much every other awards show.

Avatar image for buzz_killington
buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#102  Edited By buzz_killington

A lot of cool games get announced and shown at this thing, so I'm looking forward to it.

jkuc316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#103  Edited By jkuc316

I just clicked this for Rising, guess I'll have to watch the VGAs.

Obviously, Nolan North should win best male voice actor.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#104  Edited By AngelN7

Wasn´t that the show that use a bunch of fake jocks from a fake Jock Tv series to present an award for a videogame?...

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#105  Edited By Andorski

So people can save some time...

You can just check GameTrailers.com after the VGA awards. All the announcement trailers are posted there. No need to watch D-List celebrities give awards to people they no nothing about.

jkuc316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#106  Edited By jkuc316

I really think the VGA awards should have more Nominees,such as Skyrim for GOTY and GTA V for Most Anticipated.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

It's still silly to put Zelda and skyrim in the mix when neither are released yet.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#108  Edited By Brendan

@Bucketdeth said:

It's still silly to put Zelda and skyrim in the mix when neither are released yet.

Buut...why? If they've been played by the people who are judging them, it makes complete sense. Also, by the time the actual show airs they will have all been released, so gamers will have played them too.

@ValiantGoat said:

Game of the Year is dominated by games from Q4, VGAs are a joke like all "award shows".

Most big games are released in the fourth quarter. In some years, such as last years Spike VGA's, RDR won, and was not a fourth quarter game. In 08, GTA won, and it was also not a fourth quarter release. However, lists for GOTY will often feature the biggest ones, most of which are released around the holiday system. This has nothing to do with awards shows but the economics of the retail environment.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#109  Edited By project343

Spike is the embodiment of hegemonic masculinity. And I can never find it inoffensive. Sigh.

moelarrycurly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#110  Edited By moelarrycurly

I want Portal 2 to win so badly...

NathHaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#111  Edited By NathHaw

@GloriousDinosaur said:

@Aetheldod said:

No Dark Souls???? Bullshit

I was just looking for somebody to quote, but I'll add that it's my game of this gen.

XxRANGAxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By XxRANGAxX

Skyrim

sephirm87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By sephirm87

I demand that Skylanders be nominated for best game.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Dan_CiTi

I hope BioShock or Last Guardian win that category.

Maelstrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#115  Edited By Maelstrom

So these judges for GOTY played Skyrim and Skyward Sword? For how long? An hour? Did they beat those games and if not then how can they even be considered? Did Assassin's Creed: Revelations get submitted for GOTY by Ubisoft? What about Mario Kart 7 or Super Mario 3d Land?

Can any publisher submit their game for consideration or is it based on hype like seems to be the case for at least the two unreleased nominations? Dropping the "it was played by the judges line" doesn't cut it since it could have "been played" for 5 whole minutes. Who is to say, certainly not the judges at this time.

This whole cloud of suspicion and shady backroom deals could have been avoided by holding the awards show in early 2012 where every game in 2011 could have been given a fair shake. The show was, is and ever will be a joke to me until they try to go out of their way to at least act in a legitimate and fair manner.

boku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By boku
No Caption Provided

Oh look, another shit quality award show, brought to you by the hurrr-duurrr derps at Spike TV!

Where the fuck's Deus Ex: Human Revolution ?!!

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#117  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

@Maelstrom: Considering that people are probbaly getting copies of Skyrim about now for reviewing purposes, I'd say it's pretty likely that an entire month will be long enough for them to play the games enough to figure that stuff out. You don't need to play all 300+ hours of content of Skyrim to make a decision on it.

Looking forward to awesome reveals and HILARIOUS awards. They have always been real good for a chuckle. Last year was actually kind of well produced and I was pretty happy with NPH's performance because I love the guy, which helped make the awards a bit more watchable in a sort of silly "what is going on here" kind of way, and a lot of the choices making no sense helped too.

@Andorski: Well no shit, of course they won't be kept for only live viewers. It won't take long for those videos to filter out throughout the rest of the industry either. But what about the excitement of watching live! I actually like watching for the reveals because it's like the E3 press conferences. There is no video title to ruin the surprise.

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#118  Edited By Cirdain

Assassins is shit then....?

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#119  Edited By ProfessorEss
@buzz_killington said:

A lot of cool games get announced and shown at this thing, so I'm looking forward to it.

Nice to know I'm not the only one who enjoys it for what it's worth :) 

Sure you can argue that it's a joke as far as award shows go (we could just as easily argue that all award shows, and awards in general, are just as big a joke) but there have been some decent developer acceptances and always at least a couple sweet trailers.
IAmNotBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By IAmNotBatman

Why does this need to exist? Oh wait, it doesn't.

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#121  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

My Alan Wake is still in the shrink wrap.  Guess I need to look into it.
Soon.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Where the fuck is The WItcher 2? Dark Souls? Gears of War 3?

Come on, man! This is nuts! A large amount of people who are uninformed on the game industry and going to see this shit, and they may get the wrong idea on what games we, as gamers, truly like other than those well-known games. Many know what indie films are, but do nongamers and news reporters know that there are indie game developers?

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By BaneFireLord
@Tru3_Blu3 said:

Come on, man! This is nuts! A large amount of people who are uninformed on the game industry and going to see this shit, and they may get the wrong idea on what games we, as gamers, truly like other than those well-known games. Many know what indie films are, but do nongamers and news reporters know that there are indie game developers?

I do like how you mention Gears of War 3 before talking about the under representation of indie developers. However, yes, I do agree with what you're saying. Just keep in mind that this is being shown on Spike, which tends to pander to a certain audience.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BaneFireLord said:

@Tru3_Blu3 said:

I do like how you mention Gears of War 3 before talking about the under representation of indie developers. However, yes, I do agree with what you're saying. Just keep in mind that this is being shown on Spike, which tends to pander to a certain audience.

Yeah, I kinda did contradict myself by saying Gears of War 3, but it doesn't halt the fact that the game is, for some reason, not on their nominees.

fentonalpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By fentonalpha

I think the games industry is running low on surprise announcement material since almost every game has been getting a sequel.

I hope for another Skyrim like reveal,, only rather than monks, it will be a bunch of people in fat suits and Gabe Newell announcing Episode 3......of Left 4 Dead.

yukoasho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#126  Edited By yukoasho

@BaneFireLord said:

@Tru3_Blu3 said:

I do like how you mention Gears of War 3 before talking about the under representation of indie developers. However, yes, I do agree with what you're saying. Just keep in mind that this is being shown on Spike, which tends to pander to a certain audience.

That last bit does have me wondering where MW3 is. If any game would appeal to the meathead Spike demo, that's the one.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By BaneFireLord
@YukoAsho said:

@BaneFireLord said:

@Tru3_Blu3 said:

That last bit does have me wondering where MW3 is. If any game would appeal to the meathead Spike demo, that's the one.

Maybe it will turn out to be awful. That'd be a pretty strange twist.
Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Subjugation

@fentonalpha said:

I hope for another Skyrim like reveal,, only rather than monks, it will be a bunch of people in fat suits and Gabe Newell announcing Episode 3......of Left 4 Dead.

Silly you, we know Valve can't count to three ...

MeatSim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#129  Edited By MeatSim

Come for the trailers and reveals and not really for the dumb award show.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Branthog

The award show for the last four people on earth who still watch live television.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By laserbolts

When I see a title like that I know it's better not to read it.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By AlexanderSheen

@RPGeesus said:

I'm really surprised not to see Dead Space 2 there for GOTY. That game was pretty baller, in my books. Hopefully, the fact that it came out 9 or so months ago doesn't make it completely forgettable.

Thank you good sir! I was checking the comments if anyone mention it and you were the first. I thought everyone forgot about it.

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By SlightConfuse

new game looks like RAGE http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/11/07/new-bioware-franchise.aspx

wmoyer83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#134  Edited By wmoyer83

I am still cringing from last years stupid Dane Cook "comedy" sketches

malnourish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By malnourish

I'm still more excited for The Last Guardian than any other game save the inevitable 3D Pokemon.