Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#551  Edited By Xeirus

@octopusrocketmark said:
@frontfungus said:

Playing the Witcher 3 on PC. I am having an absolute blast!

If you don't have the DLC's, I can't recommend them enough. Sunk 150hrs into that game playing through all of it with my wife, what an unforgettable experience.

Did the exact same. The DLC's are unbelievably good.

Witcher 3 has become my fav game of all time, and I'm not big into single player usually.
My wife loved watching me play it. She was so wrapped up in the stories.

One of my favorite gaming memories ever.

Jurck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I got For Honor when it was on sale a couple weeks ago. I remembered kind of enjoying the beta, so I figured $30 was a decent price. The network issues are kind of crummy, but when it works, the game's incredibly satisfying.

Success in anything—dodges, parries, counter grabs, attacking—is a challenge. You really need to make a call and execute it quickly to get anything done. Thankfully, all of these things are also very satisfying to pull off.

The loot was something I wasn't expecting. As far as progression in competitive multi-player games goes, light Diablo-like loot is a pretty good system. Especially when all of the Knight armor pieces look so gorgeous!

Finally, I love how unique the game is. Definitely the most out-there gameplay among AAA competitive multi-player publishers. And would be pretty unique even if it was strictly single-player (though admittedly less engaging with the AI's skill level). Overall, they did a real good job with this one.

Relkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Been getting through The End is Nigh; the percentage counter indicates that I'm probably about done with the game. I've been having a ball with this one, but I don't see myself perfecting it like I did with Super Meat Boy. Going back to collect all the secrets and tumors in the first couple of areas isn't that big of a deal, but these levels get extremely difficult, and warp points are only at the start of a region. The idea of going back through the first 9 screens of the SS Exodus or The Machine levels in order to get the collectible on screen 10 isn't an appealing thought. I really wish that I could warp to any screen once you've beaten the area. Considering how many great games there are this year, this is probably a blessing in disguise. I can spend those hours on another game, rather than indulge my completionist tendencies.

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

Just finished playing through Until Dawn. Man, that game was fantastic. It's just a really well done horror game. It knows what it is and it goes for it all the way. I got it for free with PS Plus and am going to buy a copy myself just to support this game. Good stuff all around.

Cybexx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Finished Uncharted: Lost Legacy this morning. I was expecting it to be good since I like the series and its Naughty Dog but wow that game sticks the landing. Chapter 4 the free roaming nonlinear one everyone is talking about is really neat but I wasn't expecting the pacing and set pieces of that stuff after that to be so good. It probably has the best last chapter in the series if I think about it.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I'm currently playing Overwatch. Although, I guess it would be more accurate to say I'm "still" playing Overwatch. That's kinda all I play nowadays, with a dash of Pubg thrown in every now and then. Season 5 competitive is almost over, along with the Summer games event. I haven't gotten up to the next rank (Platinum), but I've gotten closer than seasons past. And a few months back, I finally got a golden weapon for my boy Zenyatta :D

I'd like to go back and finish Prey soon, but it's been a while and I'm kind of out of it's groove. As far as other stuff I wanna play/finish: Horizon and Persona 5 are on that list. Once again, the black hole that is Overwatch has sucked up a majority of my game time over the past year and change. I'm really gonna be out of my element around Goty time.

And I guess the only other thing I've played is my 3ds copy of Pokemon Yellow. As much as I love those first games, it sure it rough to go back to. (Unsurprising, I know) Those were the staple of my childhood and I never actually finished them back then. I'd like to change that, but I don't know how long that'll take. Regardless, walking around Kanto is like turning back into a kid for me. I love Pokemon so much.

haneybd87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I started Uncharted Lost Legacy and from the limited amount I've played my main impression is that this game looks incredible in 4K HDR on PS4 Pro. This is the best looking game ever created.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just started Firewatch. That text opening was actually very impressive at drawing me into the games story and characters. Also it seem really creepy which I didn't expect having known next to nothing about it beforehand. Those 2 girls at the lake, then that guy stood staring....

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
deactivated-5b85a38d6c493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Been playing some Silver Grapple. It's a 2D platformer where you use a grappling hook to get around in a underground laboratory/cave system. Challenging but satisfying to play. Takes a lot of clear inspiration from Cave Story, though without the shooting. The soundtrack is also really good.

It's got that "just one more try" hook (pun not intended) to it similar to Super Meat Boy.

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#560  Edited By Mister_V

Finished Lost Legacy last night. Definitely my favourite Uncharted game. The compacted nature of the story works in it's favour and really keeps the pace going from start to finish. I would also totally be down for more games following Chloe, Nadine and Sam In the future as they work great together. This might also have the most action packed last 20 minuets of any uncharted game. Some real great action scenes towards the end.

n00bs7ay3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Currently playing Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag. Ship combat is pretty decent.

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I'm finishing up Crash Bandicoot 3 on the N Sane Trilogy and loving it.

I'm working my way through Agents of Mayhem.

Dragon Quest VII is eternally in my 3DS, it's a long ass game.

baka_shinji17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#563  Edited By baka_shinji17

I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on that new Uncharted.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I just had one of my best missions in Xcom yet. It was the infiltrate the alien base story mission and man o man did it go places. I was feeling a little bummed after 2 of my strongest guys died in a regular mission, so I decided to say fuck it and get upgraded armor for the last 2 spots on my team and tackle this story mission.

I didn't expect it to be as long as it was and because of that I had to pull out all the stops throughout it. They did a great job giving you room to breath throughout the map. Clear an area, slowly move up to the bottleneck, reload your guns, make your way to the next room.

My fully leveled sniper made some clutch kills (double tap is a god tier), finally used a smoke grenade to great affect, my mvp of the mission got mind controlled on the last section, my medic got critically wounded in the last section. And you know what? I made it out with zero casualties!

Avatar image for charlie_victor_bravo
charlie_victor_bravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

MGSV - some sort of wizards optimized that game. I mean good PC port is still somewhat impressive thing but this is just glorious.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I wrapped up the Stormblood campaign earlier today, and while I enjoyed Heavensward and the Dragonsong War resolution more, this was an unexpectedly appropriate narrative end point for my deep dive into FFXIV that started back in January. It's an incredibly enjoyable game, and I'm certainly not going to be done playing it any time soon.

I've been messing around with Just Cause 3, and though I thought I'd had my fill of the series, the moment I'd opened up that parachute felt so unbelievably satisfying. Not even messing with the story stuff (always the weakest part of these games for me), I'm just gliding around and blowing shit up. Good god the framerate is bad in spots though. Sometimes bafflingly so. I was driving in an almost empty tunnel near the start of the game and was getting what looked like maybe 15fps? Bizarre. I've heard it's alot better on the PS4 Pro, but I don't got one so that means squat for me.

I also started Wolfenstein: The New Order today. I played through The Old Blood maybe a month or so ago and it really soured my enthusiasm for getting in on this series. After playing a bit of The New Order, I feel pretty confident in saying that The Old Blood just isn't very good. The New Order, once you get past the introductory WW2 stuff, is significantly more engaging in virtually every regard. It's night and day for me. The Old Blood was such a goddamn slog, but I'm sitting here just itchin to play more of The New Order.

So yeah, pretty sure I'll be playing these for now, besides the occasional dip back into Injustice 2 and Heroes of the Storm. I was really hoping to finish Wolfenstein before Destiny 2 came out, but now that I've actually started I'm of no mind to hurry through it. Very pleasantly surprised.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

I'm nearing 20 hours in Kingdom Hearts, but to be honest, I'm having a really hard time gelling with it. All the pieces are there for the game to be up my alley but it can be frustratingly stiff and profoundly unfun like the Pooh-Honey-Bee mini game. However, when it clicks, it clicks and that has happened several times. It took me so many tries to beat Yuffie and Squall at the Coliseum but it was really satisfying when I finally kicked their butts. Didn't grow up with a lot of Disney in my life but that's where, I think, KH still shines the hardest. I'm glad they were a pain in the ass to work with 'cause you can tell where the most effort went in. I'm very impressed by how all the Disney characters are presented top to bottom. Just got the High Jump not too long ago so I feel like the game is finally starting to open up on me so I'm definitely warming up to it. Also, being on the PS2, I really like playing through a 4:3 game once in awhile. Very old school.

Another one I started is a little title called Hitman (2016) and it's basically what I expected, which is great. I guess I can be considered somewhat of an OG fan having gotten on the series with Hitman 2 so I know my way around a Hitman game. It looks great, plays great and I'm so happy, starting with Absolution, it's gotten worlds less janky. I'm used to seeing the older 47 so I'm still getting used to that young face with the same voice but I'm having an excellent time with it. Just completed all the challenges at the ICA Facility so on to Paris but looking at the number of challenges for all the actual episodes, holy shit, I'm gonna be playing this game for a long long time. This game seems to be a whole a lot of Hitman, which of course is great news for me. Too bad the game lacks a Platinum trophy!!

vocalcannibal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Slowly working my way through Tales of Berseria. I loved Symphonia back in middle school, but never got into any of the other games past Abyss (which I never even finished).

I'm going the distance with this one. I love Magilou more than I can ever remember loving a spellcaster in a JRPG. She's my Everything and I want her to be happy. Velvet and the rest of the supporting cast are all pretty compelling so far too! I have no idea how far I actually am in the story, which doesn't surprise me much. Symphonia had a lot of meandering that sort of sometimes interacted with plot stuff too. All I know is I can't wait to start slapping down those haughty blonde exorcist siblings again. Playing as the 'villains' is a super fun approach to a game like this.

TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been playing the Destiny 2 beta on Pc. I joined up with The Taswell Corps and grouped up with some duders over on the GB destiny discord. Despite the small amount of content it's been fun being apart of a clan for the first time. It'll be sad waiting another month and change for the Pc version to come. I'll just fill that time with Overwatch and a bit of Pubg thrown in.

tenabrae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finally gone back to Horizon after a couple months... even though I'm pretty over the basic gameplay being fairly deep in I still enjoy the heck outta the combat when it gets frantic and the way the game delivers the story. Also, beautiful environments even when they're brown.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Played some of the PC port of Ys SEVEN and I'm really digging it. Fast, fun and the weapon skill system seems pretty cool. Reminds be a bit of the Tales games how you can decide what button layouts you want for your skills and stuff. The idea of monster types being only vulnerable to attacks by some party members is also interesting. Some resolution issues with the port but hopefully they patch that.

KittenTactics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Absolutely gushing over Uncharted, but still playing Nex Machina and a *little* bit of Matterfall. I'd like to get back to Horizon and Nier at some point, but I'm just not feeling the call quite yet. I'll finish up the optional stuff in Uncharted and try getting back in.

AstaLav1sta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

blackdesert online, but ithe vacation is over so soon i need to spend more time by studying :(

Geepatrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#574  Edited By Geepatrick

Nidhogg II

TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Right now I'm playing Destiny 1. I bought the Rise of Iron expansion and am trying to prepare for the final raid. I'm at 314 light and have to get to 350 by tomorrow. Hopefully I can do it, because I'd really love to experience all the raids before 2 comes out. Also, I don't really have to worry about burning out before 2, since I have to wait almost 2 months for the Pc version. :/ So, I'm good to go wild I guess.

BladedEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been playing, like lots of people, X-com 2 with the war of the chosen installed. For me, its my first time really getting into either the base or expanded game (I really wanted controller support when the game first released, and didn't realize they had added it until a few weeks before the expansion released). And..its awesome.

Very much in line with how my long-war for x-com 1 went. Everything either goes extremely smoothly..or my entire squad drops dead in a single turn. Yet, the mission where I am being attacked by the lost, a pod of advent and a chosen..and suddenly learn that a bonded character dying causes their bond-mate to go berserk was the best mission I've been on. The choice to bug-out, the rush to get everyone too the exit, the relief when I realized the advent and lost forces were fighting each other (when I had heard they don't always do this) meaning my beserk unit survived to reach the exit I'd laid down!

Of course last night I went to hit my first advent blacksite. Only to run into a new unit with a 'let me deal just enough damage to your units to make the chosen have a 1-shot kill:. And of course I forget to bring medkits. Chosen shows up..I decide to push forward and trigger another pod, chosen attacks and within 1 round everyone but 1 person is dead. I lose my entire squad, cause apparently I can't call in the drop ship to bug out of blacksite missions. So, my last guy just moves to completely wreck the chosen. Who, in my game has the 'brittle' weakness. So putting my mini-gunner right next to her shots her dead for a solid 12 damage (which is insane for the early point in the game I am in). ...Of course he is then killed in full cover by a lucky shot from a basic advent grunt since he'd been hit with 2 of those 'wtf are those mech suits' multi-auto hit grenades.

I'm left today unsure if those mech's grenades are auto hit, area of effect, or both. But now, I've got to plan how I am gonna try and take on that mission. Its like playing x-com 1 again for the first time for me, don't know the aliens or their features/weakness. Learning tactics on the fly, or after loses. I have no idea if I am going to win this current x-com 2 session (though i did turn on the 'double the length of the avatar project' to buy myself some learning time) but man, its gonna be fun trying too. Loving this game.

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's over. I've finally beaten Persona 4 (good ending) and this is without a doubt my favorite JRPG of all time, featuring my favorite cast in a video game. I got close to this cast in a way that I have never in a game, to the point that I was tearing up constantly while the credits were playing. Awesome story, awesome gameplay, and a heart you honestly don't see too much anymore. So glad I picked this game up and can't wait for Persona 5 down the line!

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#578  Edited By bigsocrates  Online

Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle truly is the game I didn't know I wanted. Its aesthetic hits my "sweet tooth" perfectly, and I just love its world even if it's not very fleshed out. The music and graphical style are perfect. The gameplay also has its hooks in me. The tactical combat is a ton of fun and forgiving enough that it's not stressful. The overworld puzzles are simple but getting a bit more engaging, and the exploration aspects are limited but fun. I like the upgrade system and the weapons are cool. It's just a fantastic overall package and I was a little lukewarm on it up until it launched too, so I am kind of blown away. So far it may be my second favorite game of the year after Zelda and I didn't have an inkling that was even a possibility when I bought it.

I hope that A) this becomes a series and B) we see more Nintendo crossovers like this in the future. It has Nintendo style and design principles even if it's an Ubisoft game, and that makes it great.

Avatar image for redhotchilimist
Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#579  Edited By Redhotchilimist

I've been playing more Nier Automata at last. I really appreciate the personality and humor in it.

You can ride these elk, which go about 50 times faster than the Dragon Age Inquisition mounts and are cute to boot.
You can ride these elk, which go about 50 times faster than the Dragon Age Inquisition mounts and are cute to boot.
Horizon Zero Dawn edition, for old times' sake
Horizon Zero Dawn edition, for old times' sake

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Fatal Frame is really good. Totally holds up.

fang273

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Playing through all of the Kingdom Hearts series in order. So far I watched videos of Chi/Back Cover, beat KH1, and am almost done with CoM.

CoM's story/combat is tough to get into after KH1, but there's something really nice about the change in tactics that the cards bring. Fights still generally end up as "hit it until it dies", but I'm forced to think a lot more about timing because my attacks can be broken.

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I went to buy Yakuza Kiwami and ended up with also buying Star Ocean 5 steel book edition since it was not so expensive. I've heard so much bad things about that game and it has a metacritic score in the 50's. But even though it is no Star Ocean 2 which I think is the best in the series. I still enjoy it. I really don't understand the negativity around the game. I've played for about 5 hours.

sub_o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I finished Yakuza Kiwami, thoroughly enjoyed it. Not as long as 0.

I'll wait till Everybody's Golf's Quick Look, before deciding whether to buy it.

MattGiersoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#584  Edited By MattGiersoni

I bought Mafia 3 + Season Pass on the PSN sale since I love open worlds/sandboxes. Wow, this game is amazing. How the hell does it have 60-70 on open/metacritic is beyond me. I played maybe 3-4 hours and I love it. The story so far is really interesting.

The game itself is so gorgeous. The character models are superb, and often look really realistic almost. I'm playing on a standard ps4 and it's still quite a looker. The atmosphere of the 1960s is cool, too! I can already tell I'm gonna enjoy it like crazy.

Apparently critics mention that it gets repetitive, which I really don't mind. I love grinding and repetitive stuff in games. Destiny 2 comes out in like 3 days, but I'm definitely gonna switch between this and D2. This game is just crazy good. (Edit: Huh, Alex gave it a 4/5 on the site, nice!)

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Played through Tales from The Borderlands today. That's legitimately great. It's well written with some memorable characters. I think it's as good as Walking Dead Season One.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mattgiersoni: I feel exactly the same way. I played through Mafia 3 earlier this year and it would have been one of if not my game of the year of 2016. It's so good, I was playing it for like 8 hour straight sessions which I don't often do and I'm not generally a huge fan of GTA clones either, but man just something about that game. The gunplay is so satisfying, the way enemies react to getting shot.

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

Pokemon Gold is still so good. It's crazy how much stuff there is to do in that game. It still holds up and is reaffirming that Gold, Silver and Crystal are the best Pokemon games. Good stuff.

Avatar image for absoluteunit207
AbsoluteUnit207

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#588  Edited By AbsoluteUnit207

New here. Thought this might be a fun thread to jump in.

A few weeks ago I bought my first computer that I've owned in about a decade. Needless to say there were a few games on Steam I missed while I was gone. One of those games was the original Portal. I had never even SEEN it played. Glad I did - that's one hell of a game!

One of the things that I thought was so cool about Portal was that at it's core, it's kind of a mind bending game to think about: the main mechanic is not something that occurs naturally in our world. Yet, it's amazing how quickly my mind adjusted to traversing via portals. It became second nature much faster than I thought it would.

Truly unforgettable game.

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#589  Edited By mylifeforAiur

Just finished Stories Untold. Great, short indie game that I would absolutely recommend. It's like 5 bucks. Give it a go.

Kave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#590  Edited By Kave

Thanks to some helpful suggestions on the forums here, I am currently playing my first 4X game, Endless Legend.

I'm hooked ....I put 23 hours in since Friday, plus another minimum 10 hours online watching guides. The artwork and music are amazing! I have nothing to compare the gameplay to, but its is enjoyable to me. It was a bit overwhelming at first, so I popped the game on Easy for my first playthrough, just so I can get to grips with the many systems at play.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

The Exquisite Corps motivated me to finish my playthrough of X-COM.

I think I don't need to explain why that game is awesome.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm playing through Binary Domain. It's Japanese in all the right ways. If you've seen the Quick Look: it's only the beginning of the insanity. I'd recommend it to anyone with a sense of humor.

That was SWEEEEEET!

GrayFoxbr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Playing Path of Exile and I blame @rorie for my new addiction. The game is really cool. Once you start to understand the skill tree and gem linking....it's a ride.

DarkeyeHails

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hermes: It did the same for me (specifically the Enemy Within campaign that I never touched). After an incredibly shaky start, I got back into the swing of it. Little irritants like Meld container countdown are far outweighed by rocket punching people through walls and soothing the butthurt that the play of Exquisite Corps leaves me with.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#595  Edited By Pezen

Took a leap of faith and bought Pillars of Eternity for PS4. 11 hours into the game and I couldn't be happier about it. Really digging the story and the characters. I opted to play on 'Story'-difficulty so I am more or less walking through the game uninterrupted, which may not entirely be in the spirit of this type of game, but I am having a ton of fun and I can't wait to see where it goes from here.

BrunoTheThird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#596  Edited By BrunoTheThird

I finally finished Super Metroid. What a goddamn amazing video game. That design; that music; that sense of discovery; that H.R. Giger griiiime. That screw attack animation. That super-fast run that blitzes the shit out of everything. My god. It and Symphony of the Night are the peaks of that genre, no question at all.

Also, new realization: Samus>Master Chief.

Currently half-way through Luigi's Mansion (first time). My kind of game. Spooky and charming at once. There aren't enough games that tick those criteria.

hawkster1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Playing through Simogo 's library of ios games this past few days, after they all were 64-bit updated and then discounted to a dollar each. Beat Sneak Bandit, Bumpy Road, Year Walk finished. Currently on Device 6, then will try the ones I'd never played before: Sailor's Dream, and Spl-t. Such a talented studio.

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#598  Edited By Mezmero

After a couple of weeks I finished a Normal difficulty playthrough of XCOM2. I'm on PS4 so obviously the performance is a bit rough around the edges but I loved this game so much. It's that great arc that you get in these games where every early to mid-game mission feels like you're sending troops to die not knowing what nasty enemy types are out there waiting for them. By the end game I'm literally sending in clean up crews that can mop the floor with any combination of enemies the game throws at them. Timed missions are tough but I ultimately enjoyed how it put a different flow on playing some of the map types. Then of course there's that trademark terrifying XCOM economy which compels you to use every resource just to stave off the occupation while improving your soldiers any way you can. When the console version of War of the Chosen comes out I fully intend to bump it up to Hard and go through again.

somamilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just started playing Pillars of Eternity on my PS4 as I never really got an opportunity to play on the PC, so far it's great to go back to classic american RPG after diving in deep in Persona 5. The well written stories and intriguing quests made me automatically hooked. At the same time I recently finished Yakuza Kiwami which I would recommend those who like some over the top japanese anime plot and crime stories

LostOddity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got Valkyria Chronicles Remastered on sale - should've bought it years ago, great game!