A positive thread about what you're currently playing

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 46

Got back into The Witcher III to play through the DLC and this game is still great. I spent like 3 hours last night trying to find blueprints for armor and crafting said armor. What a game.

Tesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I also just recently started playing Witcher 3 again. I got all the way to the end without ever beating it, then stopped playing for about a year. I deleted the game off the PS4 hard drive to make way for other games, and when I went back to reinstall it recently I realized that I only had saves for the DLC and not my end game. I also realized (playing on Broken Bones or whatever the hard mode is called) that taking a year long absence from that game meant that I was no longer equipped with the skills or desire needed to progress those save games.

So I deleted all my saves and started over from the beginning. It's definitely a testament to that game's quality that I can get all the way to the end, not beat it, and start over without feeling a hint of disappointment that all my previous progress was gone forever. I was just excited to get back in and get to adventuring.

DarkeyeHails

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I've played a bit more Friday the 13th and while I am still really bad as a counselor, I had a solid run as Jason on my second go ever and killed half the teens. Yes, the game has a lot of jank and there are certainly bugs. Yes, being in Australia means I struggle to find a game without dodgy pings. But bless my axe-wielding heart, when the game works it is a lot of fun.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Playing Until Dawn for the first time I love the atmosphere I can definitely see myself replaying this game in the winter.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

I've been consistently playing PUBG since its week of release. Also still playing Warframe (on PS4 since PS4 launch) since its PC alpha. Slowly playing Crash Bandicoot but gaming in general has been in a slump for me, so hopefully Destiny 2 can change that.

Paliv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#456  Edited By Paliv

Tekken 7 is so much fun. I never even planned on playing online, then ended up giving it a shot. I'm definitely not good, but I've won way more than I thought I would. Just a fun time that reminds me of when my sister and I would sit around playing Tekken 2 & 3 in the summer.

Also, I'm still kicking around Dirt 4. It's a fun game if you like rally racing, still lost the soul of the other games. I was especially fond of the first Dirt, and it's a bit reminiscent of that tonally. Just a bit sterile.

Lastly on a whim I decided to start a new city in Cities: Skylines. That game is just so fun and relaxing. Even when I've built my city into a corner. It has the charm of the first sim city games and it always draws me in to build a horrible gridlocked nightmare city, because I have no creative vision. Apparently I'm feeling nostalgic and finding the answers in these more recent releases, save For Skylines.

I would recommend all of these games.

LeStephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#457  Edited By LeStephan

Man, Ive been playing a bunch of Elite Dangerous on ps4 lately and goddamn is it the perfect relaxing space trucking simulator I hoped No man sky would be.

Turns out I dont give a shit about stuff being on the planets, I just wanna fly in space, scan shit and land somewhere once in a while and maybe dogfight to protect myself and my cargo. That stuff all feels and sounds absolutely great in Elite (gosh I love how the space ships and stations sound, and all those different jingles for the netnews and station services and whatnot) I feel like theres just enough sim-y aspects to it to keep it from getting too relaxed aka boring.

I mapped the headlook toggle to r3 and i'm now constantly looking around while flying just enjoying the vastness of space. That starmap is also great to look at.

And the people playing online have been the best as well, every time someone nearly hit me when entering a station through the wrong lane Ive got an appology messaged to me. Thats so sweet! ^^

Ps: I love how many posts this thread has.

millionthlayla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm currently playing The Deadly Tower of Monsters, which I got from a Humble Bundle. It reminds me a little of Chroma Squad - not in gameplay, but in theme. In both games, you're involved in putting together a charming, low-budget show/movie, although TDToM doesn't have any of the light simulation aspects of Chroma Squad. You're all action, baby!

One thing that the game handles really well is backtracking. I was a little wary to try playing this, because there's not much I dislike more than falling great distances in video games and having to make my way slowly back up to where I was. And surely there would be a strong possibility of such backtracking in a game about scaling an enormous tower, right? But DT is very merciful on that front. The devs provide a whole bunch of checkpoints, which, after activated, can be teleported to at any time. Heck, the game actively encourages falling to get to certain bonuses. You can even teleport in midair to where you jumped from with the press of a button. It's a fun little hack, slash, and shoot game and I'm glad I pulled it out of my backlog to try out.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

I picked up a Switch last week. I've been wanting one but trying to find one has been a pain. I was ready to give up and buy the new 2ds this week if I couldn't find one, but low and behold my Gamestop had one--and the grey color scheme I wanted too. So I've been playing a shit ton of Zelda interspersed with Splatoon.

Splatoon feels and looks fantastic, but is pretty much more of the same. It's still a load of fun despite the limitations I wish Nintendo shook off of this entry.

Zelda is one of the greatest games I've ever played. It's constantly on my mind when I'm not playing it. I haven't been this into a game and all it's systems since MGS V. Love the art style, love the soundtrack, love the approach to the open world.

Both these games lend themselves well to playing while listening to podcasts so that's a huge plus for me as I've started listening to MBMBaM from the start.

Boniti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been playing through Divinity: Original Sin again with my best friend for a few weeks, and I forgot how fun the game is. I have some minor gripes about the interface and stuff, but they're totally overshadowed by the cool combat system and character build format. Also, just such a good co-op game. I can't think of any other narrative-driven game that actually pulls off co-op well like this where both players are characters and both have the same significance and freedom to interact with the world and its characters. Recently, we've spent hours carefully executing pickpocketing operations in an effort to steal from every single npc we've encountered. What a game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5eb4b2e027234
deactivated-5eb4b2e027234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

I just decided to replay The Wind Waker (the original GameCube version). This game is just such a joy. It's incredible how well the graphics hold up, and the soundtrack is one of my all-time favorites in gaming. I remember first getting my GameCube and it came with a Zelda promo disc that had a 20 minute demo of Wind Waker on it and I would just play that over and over again, and all this time later the magic isn't lost.

Karmosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am both loving and hating Disgaea 4 right now, but that's more or less because I've fucked myself over in the item-world two times in a row now. Once when I got to a secret room and accidently triggered a lvl 800 boss-monster to attack and then I forgot to bring in an Mr.Gency Exit with me on my second try. Probably about 2 hours down the drain...

Otherwise I really like it. Stopped playing a year ago or so and just got back to it. Love the characters and nonsensical plot, and the craziness in the battles always brings a smile to my face.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@boniti said:

I've been playing through Divinity: Original Sin again with my best friend for a few weeks, and I forgot how fun the game is. I have some minor gripes about the interface and stuff, but they're totally overshadowed by the cool combat system and character build format. Also, just such a good co-op game. I can't think of any other narrative-driven game that actually pulls off co-op well like this where both players are characters and both have the same significance and freedom to interact with the world and its characters. Recently, we've spent hours carefully executing pickpocketing operations in an effort to steal from every single npc we've encountered. What a game.

How are the quests in that game? I heard they don't do objective markers and make you 'figure things out yourself'. Contrary to what most people seem to think, that doesn't actually sound that great to me. I don't really like reading in videogames, which sounds like it would be quite a big part of playing that game.

Milijango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

80 hours into Persona 5, having just reached what appears to be the endgame. This game actually seems quite a bit longer than the last two!

While I'm happy that I held off on Persona for a while to make room for things I would've otherwise skipped (Nioh, NieR, Horizon), this is an easy pick for the best game I've played in years. Also, it doesn't need to be said again but the all-out attacks look so good and I could watch them all day.

MattGiersoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#465  Edited By MattGiersoni

I bought Gravity Rush Remastered and AC IV: Black Flag +season pass on the current psn summer sale for my PS4. I love both of them. GR is just so charming and unique. The combat and gameplay is very responsive and feels great, the writing and story is nice. The characters are fun too, Kat is just such an adorable person. The artstyle and art of the dialogue comics is absolutely gorgeous.

AC IV: Black Flag is my return to the series. I beat every AC up to AC3. AC IV was so cheap on the sale that I decided to just grab it. I love it, same as any other AC game. The historical settings of these games is the selling point for me. I'll definitely pick up the rest of the series in the future (Unity, Syndicate, Rogue, and Origins). For now, i'm a pirate, yarrr! Game still looks pretty despite being the first AC game on PS4/X1.

WillyOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

iRACING iRACING iRACING

I've got nothing negative to say (I AM LOVING EVERY MOMENT) except last night I crashed on the last straight (and backed up over the finish line ;)

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

#467  Edited By liquiddragon

Beat Hyper Light Drifter. Am I crazy or is that game a masterpiece? Everything about HLD hit right with me. Good level designs, simple yet satisfying and challenging combat, intriguing and mysterious world that's fun to explore and try to decipher, and to top that off, it's ridiculously gorgeous with sounds that match the heights of everything else in the game. I tried to get into the OST before I played it and just couldn't but having played it, it's Disasterpeace's best work yet. I love the old world meets hi-tech aesthetics of this game and it made me excited to get into Horizon ZD a bit later.

For now, I'm back on the Witcher 3 train to finish off the last leg of Geralt's adventure: Blood and Wine. I'm playing it slow and savoring it but I'm already impressed. I'm glad I took a break after finishing vanilla W3 and Heart of Stone 'cause I'm reminded of what's great about the game and also, I feel like I can handle more of the stuff I'm not in love with. Anyway, it could be my imagination but this might be the best W3 has ever looked. Toussaint it very pretty and I already really like Anna Henrietta, who is just so lovingly modeled. So far, I'm really enjoying the tonal shift. W3 and HoS take place in a very sad world. Everywhere you go, children and their mothers are crying in the mud, their homes ravaged. Tossuaint however seems to be doing much better, the land more brighter, the music more up-beat. Everyone's a bit more Frenchy, a bit more Italian-y, a bit more well to do, carrying themselves with an air of superiority that I find amusing. HoS was one of my favorites parts of W3 and B&W is shaping up well. CDPR has set the DLC bar so high, it's very hard to recommend DLCs of any other games comparatively.

XtRedChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#468  Edited By XtRedChaos

Just finished a good couple of playthroughs of This War of Mine. Great game. Love the atmosphere and mechanics of the game. Would highly recommend.

No Caption Provided

matoya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#469  Edited By matoya

I'm currently plodding my way through Yakuza Zero and I'm fucking LOVING IT.

The story is super interesting, full of intrigue and mystery, and does a brilliant job of having you hang on, because every 2 chapters, it cliffhangs, then swaps you to the other playable character

The combat is serviceable. I won't say it's great, because it's pretty mashy, but I've never lost a fight because I've fallen out with the controls.

All in all, it's a pretty brilliant game, although I don't think I'm playing it like you're "meant to". I don't do any of the minigames, because that's not what I come to a game like this for. I do some of the sidestories as they pop up, and they're pretty charming. I did one where you pretend to be a girls boyfriend, and that was really funny, and I enjoyed it. Saying that, I hear there's a Space Harrier game in an arcade somewhere. You KNOW I'll be checking that out, as it's one of my favourite arcade games of all time.

So far, 8/10. Kuze is a GREAT villain.

PS: This game has the best looking Japanese men I've ever seen.

No Caption Provided

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DOOM. Got the runes that enable infinite ammo earlier today.

Pew pew pew for days.

DinosaurCanada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#471  Edited By DinosaurCanada

Pyre might usurp Persona 5 for best style this year for me. The character designs are incredible and unique, the little touches with the UI and animations go a long way to make it feel polished, the colors and the fashion and basically everything about it. The game is top notch in the looks department. It plays great too and the characters are all interestng (the dialogue is SO GOOD), but I'm not super deep into it yet so I can't really comment on either.

spacegg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After watching 'Das Boot' I went back to Silent Hunter 3. The game reminded me about the sad state of the genre. It would be great if we would start to get all kind of submarine sims again. I guess crowdfunding is the only change to get one ...

@xtredchaos: It is a great game and it has a very good soundtrack too.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Psychonauts seems to hold up. I'm looking to finally knock this off my list.

XtRedChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@colonel_pockets Started playing that game a couple days ago. Super fun. Beautiful looking game, animations are great, tight controls, and engaging storyline. Can't wait to play that DLC when I'm high leveled enough. I'm only a lowly level 5. :(

@shindig I'm almost done with that game I think. Got to the asylum and doing some levels there. It's a really fun game that has great humor. Definitely, use clairvoyance on everyone once you get it.

@spacegg Yup! :)

azulot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Started Titan Quest today. Perfect for my lackadaisical mood and wanting to watch gb content on the side. The anniversary edition (and maybe the original, can't remember) lets you change the game speed which is always nice. I'm always fond of hack and slash games a la diablo 2, and the whole greek mythology aspect has a nice familiarity to it.

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#476  Edited By nicksmi56

So while I was in the process of finishing up my 100% run of Sonic Colors, Overcooked came out on Switch. My girlfriend and I had been looking forward to it for some time now as a fun co-op game to play together, so of course I bought it day 1.

We just started today, and as we expected it was a cute, fun little OHMYGOD WHY IS THIS SO HARD???!!!

Seriously, after the tutorial, the game slapped the crap out of us with ridiculous score thresholds and a bunch of gimmicks in each stage making everything a lot harder.

And I LOVE IT!

Because it forced us to talk, come up with different strategies on the fly, and use what we learned from each failed attempt to do better next time. And because it made us think about every little thing, the sense of accomplishment every time we hit that sweet, sweet 3 stars was so much better.

Plus, any game that can make us both laugh at the very beginning because why the hell is a cooking game starting with the apocalypse gets extra points in my book.

We're still on the first batch of levels, but based on what we played, it is probably the most stressful co-op game I've ever played. And if it keeps up this momentum, it is pretty much guaranteed to be one of the best.

NinjaDuckie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm just playing through Dishonored 2 at the moment and I'm absolutely in love with the design of the Clockwork Mansion level. The way absolutely everything is rendered, like the mechanical systems moving everything about in the walls and ceiling and floor, at all times, is stunning and exceptional.

I also just got myself the Xbox One S and PS4 bundles, picked up inFamous and Horizon Zero Dawn, and am looking to get Star Trek Bridge Crew. This really is the best time to be playing video games, guys.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Picked up Titanfall 2 because they're practically giving that game away every other week. Everything about that game feels very natural. Everything about how this game controls feels second nature very quickly to the point you aren't even thinking about if you can wallrun on this and jump onto that. No, you just sorta react and once you realize what you're doing, it feels fucking incredible.

The single player for this game is probably one of the best single player campaigns for any fps. Some of these levels are nuts and the game somehow keeps finding ways to up the ante in very exciting, very different ways from one moment to the next. "Oh, you thought that was nuts? Check this shit out." and then you're sitting there giggling at how cool that thing was that you just did.

Also got back into Nioh. The combat in this game is absurdly good. It feels like Team NInja slamming it's metaphorical dick on the table like "Oh, did you forget we made some of the best action games of all time? Huh? You thought we only made dlc for your waifus and volleyball-games-that-arent-really-about volleyball? Nah, move aside. Let us show you how it's done."

The speed, precision, and fluidity of the combat is just...beautiful. And enemies have next to no 'bad' gimmicks. The game is brutal, but it's very very very fair. And much like something like NInja Gaiden, the more you dive into the combat, the more rewarding it is. You can certainly spam you basic attacks over and over again, but learn how to utilize some of your more nuanced techniques and you'll turn into a god.

Avatar image for redhotchilimist
Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#479  Edited By Redhotchilimist

I played like 8 hours of Horizon Zero Dawn today. I say a lot of negative things about that game in other threads than this, but I want to stress that it's still good enough to sucker me in for super long playsessions. It's interesting how the story has developed. It's basically just a typical fantasy story with all the magic and gods replaced by machine magic and machine gods. It's become less Disney's Brave and more Disney's Hercules as it goes along, and I don't mind at all.

blueneurosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Children of Zodiarcs. So far enjoying it, despite a few instances of realizing I've boned myself two turns too late. Straightforward, tactical fun.

lunacyeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just got The Long Dark, started survival mode, did my best, searched for food, didn't know anything, fell and sprained my ankle , got attacked by wolves and eventually succumbed to hypothermia while climbing a mountain looking for shelter , never gave up , kept moving forward. Reminded me of the end of Journey.

Started a new game learned from my mistakes. Found a balaclava, this time ill survive for sure!... probably. It's really enjoyable. Gona go play more.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm playing The last of us remastered this is the first time I ever played this game I'm enjoying it. I'm really impressed with the combat and stealth in a weird way this game reminds me of Manhunt throwing bricks to distract the enemy and shiving them I love the brutality of this game.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Almost finished replaying Max Payne. I was harsh on it the first time. Glad I decided to give it another run. It's a good game. The sequels are better, though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ezekiel said:

Almost finished replaying Max Payne. I was harsh on it the first time. Glad I decided to give it another run. It's a good game. The sequels are better, though.

Funny I replayed the game this week and finished it yesterday I never used quick save so much in this game I love the blizzard storm atmosphere in this title.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm having a blast with Fortnite. The game is pretty grindy around the second zone for me, but I am totally fine with it for now. The addition of "weak points" when your gathering stuff really help keep it from being super tedious. Finally got enough skills to get Constructor evolution 3 unlocked and immediately burned all the experience I had saved to level my main constructor lady to level 30 which gave her a new pink backpack (as well as perks I guess).

The controls feel pretty good, the combat is fine, but I think the building is where it really shines. It's just so easy to start moving towards a cliff and then just build a ramp up so you can get over it. Or build a bridge between two tall buildings. And of course building, upgrading and then trapping the living hell out of your own personal fort is real satisfying. Though doing anything impressive and upgrading it to Tier 3 materials is a huge timesink, it's still a fun timesink. Very Minecraft-y, a game I also love.

Aside from that, I still hop into Stellaris now and then, and they just announced a new story pack DLC that'll add in the ability to make robot empires off the bat, and daaaaang. Super looking forward to both that DLC and the 1.8 Capek update. Wiz has done a few dev diaries about it and they're adding The Contingency end-game crisis which will involve a very powerful AI waking up and turning on it's robotic death fleet. I can't wait to be forcefully protected/exterminated/assimilated!

Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#486  Edited By Colonel_Pockets

I'm playing the Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare campaign right now. It's really surprising how much I'm enjoying it. I'm glad I didn't know anything going in. Side missions in a Call of Duty campaign are something I never would have expected. So far so good!

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been playing a ton of Deus Ex: Human Revolutionand really having a great time with it. It's actually a terrific game and I regret letting it sit on my backlog for soo long. It's definitely a prime example of a title that's much greater than the sum of its parts. Design wise, it's a good amount of modern sensibilities sprinkled on top of a "they don't really make 'em like this" core. If you're willing to tough it out and figure it out in the kinda rough early goings, you'll be rewarded with an engrossing world, beautifully colored and rendered, and a mechanically diverse game that gives players the freedom to play as they see fit. I really really like this type of smaller but denser open world games 'cause you feel like you're in a time and place.

Also, just gettin' started on Gravity Rush 2 so don't really have much to say except that it's one of my favorite games to look at. This game has something that, I thought, Deus Ex: HR severely lacked, likable characters. For real though, maybe 'cause the game doesn't take itself nearly as seriously but almost all the people I've met are charming in there own, cartoony, way. I also hate when console games oped to go with the, much cheaper, motion comic route but I really like it in this game. I'm not sure what it is but again, charming as hell. I also appreciate that all the DLC was free including a story thing and 2B's costume from NieR: Automata. Not sure how much content they're giving away but still, always nice. Can't wait to dig more into the game.

Muaddibththird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#488  Edited By Muaddibththird

Been playing Pyre, a game I'm loving so much more than expected. The story, the world building, the art, and soundtrack all come together to create such a cool experience. The actual sport in it is pretty cool too, not as good as the other aspects of the game but just good enough that key contests in the game are quite exciting.

I would highly recommend the game, especially to anyone looking for a great fantasy world and an amazing soundtrack.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mass Effect Andromeda. 20 hours in and, yeah, the game has its weaknesses , but the gameplay really works for me, granted that I usually value gameplay over story in most cases. Playing on hardcore in Andromeda is a better challenge than it is in the original trilogy. I can boil the gameplay of the original trilogy down to shooting at bullet sponges from chest high walls with the occasional weapon wheel pause to tell your non-freethinking party members what to do, while Andromeda is a more active and engaging experience for me, though mainly with the bosses. And going with soft classes allows for a lot more experimentation of which I'm a pretty big fan of since, as much as I like being a vanguard in the original trilogy, it gets boring after a while. And lastly, I'm perfectly fine with the exploration story motif and playing as a more subdued and reluctant hero character. Shepard is cool and I still think of Mass Effect 2 being one of the best dark middle chapters, but I'm okay with being a less capable protagonist who is learning the ropes and eventually becomes more capable as time goes on.

PeezMachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Inspired by the Exquisite Corps, I spun up XCOM: Enemy Within. Back in the day I never finished it, getting beaten down by Classic/Ironmode a half dozen or so times. Playing on Normal/Ironmode now, at the last mission, and I've actually had FUN along the way! Also nearing what seems to be an end-game in Slime Rancher, which I'm super digging, and a a nice complement to The Long Dark, which is also great but also a bit draining. A little something for all moods, I suppose!

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#492  Edited By BeachThunder

Just finished getting all the achievements in Fidel Dungeon Rescue. It's somewhere between a roguelike and a maze puzzle game. Also, it's cute and incredibly fun.

Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#493  Edited By Colonel_Pockets

Playing through The Wolf Among Us for the second time. It's really great. The setting is just so interesting to me. The colors pop on the screen. I love a good mystery as well. It's just one of Telltale's best series. I can't wait for the 2nd season.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
deactivated-5b85a38d6c493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Ori and The Blind Forest: Definitive Edition

4 hours in and I'm really liking it. Besides being visually stunning the gameplay is just really solid. The very precise jumps that are required lead to some really intense moments. It's been challenging but equally rewarding all the way through so far. The bash ability is also one of the cooler abilities I have seen in a metroidvania or any action/platformer.

TylerHendrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been replaying Psychonauts, and golly do I love the art in it so much. This game introduced me to Scott C's art back when it first came out and it was a HUGE influence on me wanting to do art for a living. I even tried to go to college to learn how to make art for games because of this game (before I eventually learned that art school is incredibly expensive and completely inaccessible to a poor person from Mississippi like me, haha). But yeah, playing this game is getting me really excited to play the sequel, if only to see all of Scott's designs in fancy-ass HD.

Kevin_Cogneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#496  Edited By Kevin_Cogneto

The first episode of the new season of Telltale Batman is pretty good. Much like the first season, it does a great job turning the Batman mythology on its ear. Telltale hasn't evolved much since The Walking Dead Season 1, but it does seem like they're starting to experiment with some new mechanics. Specifically I really like how the game will tell you when you've crossed a relationship threshold with a character: At this point, that classic generic Telltale message, "Doug will remember that" is so vague that it borders on meaninglessness. But seeing a message that says "Your relationship with Commissioner Gordon has changed" just before he tells me to go to hell, I really think Telltale has hit on a nice refinement to their formula, subtle though it is.

Jtruls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been playing pyre, its been a blast, has the best soundtrack i've heard since DOOM, i also just love the dynamic style of the narrative, always changing to fit who wins what rites and whatnot, supergiant have always been good at using interactivity to strengthen their stories but i'm glad to see them using that interactivity to directly affect the outcome of them.

Im convinced that a lot of that has to do with the way that dialogue is presented through text rather than fully voice acted and it makes me want more games that are willing to drop voice acting, at least to some extent, for more personalised storytelling.

Art direction is stunning as to be expected, i love the abstract nature of the downside, helping to further give a feeling of some kind of purgatory, and the game has a nice bit of humour to it too, controls are responsive as hell and the leveling system feels meaningful, and the cherry on top is that its polished to an absolute shine, great stuff

Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Playing Titanfall 2 again. Respawn has supported this game more than I thought they would. Everyone should jump in if they haven't yet. There are still plenty of people playing online and no FPS plays like it. It is so good.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#499  Edited By liquiddragon

Been playing Gravity Rush 2 and now I'm all sad I didn't jump on getting a physical copy of GR1 Remastered. Apparently it was a pretty limited print and it seems like it's already in the collectors item territory. Having spent probably over 10 hours in this game, I feel like they genetically engineered this shit in a lab specifically for me. First of all, I never got the memo about cel-shading not being cool 'cause I still love that visual style and GR2, as far as I know, is the best game to ever do it. This game's got so much stuff I love in its DNA. Mario Galaxy? Check. Laputa: Castle in the Sky? Check. Dragon Ball Z? Check. Man, I'm so glad I picked it up for myself on my birthday.

A great moment in the game. Skip it if you're gonna play it but might get more people to play it.

Loading Video...

fram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Some friends got me into Rainbow Six: Siege recently. Hot damn, what a game. I slept on this for too long.

Every match is tense, there are always a million little decisions to make, and something new to learn from almost every outcome. I've been playing primarily with friends, usually 2-3. When we manage to pull 5 together to fill a whole team it gets even better.