Abby is Leaving Giant Bomb at the end of November

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

She'll still be around through the end of next month, so let's use this thread to share our favorite Abby videos/moments, and ultimately wish her a fond farewell when the time comes.

eggshellskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By eggshellskull

I missed something, what sale is she referring to?

Edit: https://www.shacknews.com/article/120334/viacomcbs-sells-cnet-media-group-including-gamespot-giant-bomb

quadeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@eggshellskull: CNET Media group was sold by Viacom CBSi to Red Ventures, giant bomb is part of this sale.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

This is a big bummer, but I do understand the decision. Four years is a long time to work in and one place and especially so right after you've graduated. Hopefully she can score that big job at Conan and company.

MobiusFun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its either bad timing or great timing that she's leaving RIGHT before they start doing GOTY. I think its a shame but maybe she's eager to escape it, lol.

Either way, Good luck Abby! We'll miss you!

Tunnelman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Big bummer, really like Clue Crew and the fresh perspective she brings to a lot of content. Will especially miss her energy and humor, she’s makes the beastcast a real blast. Wish her the best.

bWo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All the best to Abby in whatever is next for her.

regmcfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

Yeah, I'm sad about this one, Abby brought a lot of different takes to the site - I've been a huge fan of The Sims videos and the recent Wii deep dive. She's abb-solutely (sorry) left her mark on the website and I look forward to her dropping some Nancy Drew into Guest Top 10 lists in future Game of the Years. Hope she moves on to bigger and better things.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm excited to see what Abby does next, but I'm really going to miss her here

kcin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Abby is fantastic, and I will miss her personality and contributions terribly. If she is still public-facing in her next position, I will follow her wherever she goes next.

YapaPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Best wishes to Abby on her next thing! I thoroughly enjoyed her work on Giant Bomb. She's leaving as all ex Giant Bomb producers do, after becoming an internet sensation!

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By rorie

I'll go ahead that we should keep this thread focused on wishing Abby the best. It's far too early to speculate about new hires or anything else along those veins, so let's be positive about Abby's time at GB and if you want to talk about something else there will be a time and a place for that.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Feels just like yesterday we were introduced to Abby. Was awesome to see her create so much cool content at Giant Bomb. It felt like she really helped redefine Giant Bomb's voice.

Excited to see what she does next.

markonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By markonfire

Abby brought new perspective, energy and comedy to the site — very, very sad to see her go, but here's hoping it's onward to something great.

NemeanOtter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really going to miss the perspective Abby provided. She's always been lively and fun. I'm going to miss her as a part of Giant Bomb, but I really look forward to whatever she does next.

ItsAhMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

im curious what about the sale is making her decide to leave...

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Good luck in the future, Abby! You have been a great contributor to the site and I'm sure you have a bright future ahead of you!

dsjwetrwete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will 100% miss Clue Crew, although I wonder how many Nancy Drew games are even left to play.

Xdeser2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Xdeser2

wish Abby the best, she's been an extremely fun member of the crew through her time here and I'm gonna miss the energy she brings to everything - but also, I get it. New management after a sale, 4 years, seems like the time to do it if any I guess.

superslidetail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Going to miss Abby but excited to see where she goes next! Another GB horror feature will be ending too : (

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this why Giant Bomb is trending on Twitter. Abby's Q Score rises!

In all seriousness, good luck to Abby on whatever's next.

ToughShed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ToughShed

Abby was a fun and fresh presence while she was here. I wish her well. I will miss Clue Crew and Six Crazy Frights.

plan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wishing for Abby well for the future and I hope she makes great content out there on the internet. My wife and I will miss Six Crazy Frights and Clue Crew. We would text each other every time a new episode posted.

ToughShed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ToughShed
@itsahme said:

im curious what about the sale is making her decide to leave...

yeah to me it is put in a negative way that I am curious about (choosing not to continue)... but I guess we'll see what happens soon enough. I might guess a pay cut.

EDIT: Yeah she isn't going to another job. That plus the language are not good signs.

nomiconic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cstrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I've really enjoy the unique perspective Abby has brought to the site over the years. It was great to see her evolve and come out of her shell. She created or otherwise had a hand in some of my favorite new features in years. I'll miss her contributions to the site a lot, but look forward to seeing what she has next up.

Chhem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always had a feeling she was always going to move on. She’s my favorite and will sorely miss her. She brought a lot of positive energy, different perspective and always made me laugh. My favorite to this day is when they did a quick look of Sea of Thieves and she kept talking in a pirate voice. I was tearing up from laughter. Always watched her content and will miss clues crew. I hope she lands somewhere public facing so I can continue enjoying her content.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

I already said it in the subreddit, but one of the worst looks for the Giant Bomb viewership was when they interpreted Abby's perspective on video games, as someone who never anticipated she'd be employed as a critic of the medium and thus never aspired to be a generalist or a know-it-all and also held an entirely different set of nostalgia centers as a woman in her mid-20s, as though it was her being bad at her job without ever understanding that maybe that different perspective was the entire point of her hire.

Anyone that ever got mad she didn't know some mid-tier PS2 game or recognize weird press conference quotes Jeff/Ben may or may not have written on the walls of public bathrooms in a drunken stupor before entirely missed the point and if they went on to give her shit for it that's so not cool.

I'm going to miss it greatly and I look forward to hearing what she does next, I hope it's something I can keep up with as it's always a real bummer when an entertainer you like drifts off into some thing you never hear of or gets out of entertainment entirely. All the best to miss Russell!

CoinMatze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#29  Edited By CoinMatze

I will miss you, Abby. You've become one of my main reasons to visit this site and I'm saying this as a regular since launch. I hope I can look foward to whatever else you will be doing in the future... But at the moment, I feel a huge loss. :(

mostman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is not great. Abby brings such a great perspective here. Is there any way we can change her mind? Please?

Avatar image for davesavedtheday
davesavedtheday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Giant Bomb" is officially trending because of this...

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

abby is a shot of life for GB, so this is definitely a blow. she will be missed! but change also brings opportunity to try new stuff- so here's to abby's next thing and GB's continuing evolution!

badseed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Nooooooooooooooo! Dammit, the second she got youtube famous with St. Vincent se was outta here.
More seriously, Abby you'll be missed, you brought a fresh perspective and a lot of fun energy and showed me a world of Nancy Drew I never knew existed, and I've read most of the books.
Best of luck, and I hope to see more of you somewhere else, streaming Fortnite with Bjork

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All the best. Hopefully she went out on her own terms and can pursue cool shit in the future.

petesix0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gamer Girl Gets Away. Abby's been as much a part of the team as anyone else during my time here, and this feels gutting to me right now. Can't find way to express it without throwing up my own feelings to disgust other people, maybe that'll happen in December but for now going to savour the moments until then and enjoy it. Best vibes possible to everyone, 😬 (This is a 2020 smile. These are smiles now.)

asylumrunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Abby, you were an incredible member of the crew. You brought me so much genuine joy over the last few years, especially during this garbage fire hellhole of a year. Thank you so much for everything, and absolute best of luck to your future endeavors.

Loading Video...

(This song is probably too sentimental to represent the parasocial relationship between creator and audience but it also feels the most appropriate St. Vincent song for the moment)

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

:(

I'm happy that this seems like a personal choice and not a layoff and I hope she goes on to doing awesome things elsewhere, but goddamn I'm gonna miss Clue Crew.

heghmohqib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've long suspected this was coming. While it may have had nothing to do with it, when she got the new office to stream from, I was pretty certain she was gone. Damn near posted a thread in the forum asking if anyone had heard of her leaving a solid month ago.

Super bummed to see Abby go. She's been one of my favorites. She played off everyone else's humor so well. Loved the variety she brought to the site. Always hate seeing people leave. Wish nothing but the best.

.......so, when WWE finally collapses because of the pandemic, there any chance we can get Dan back?

plinko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nooooo Abbyyyyy! Well, she made some amazing stuff while she was here and I'm glad for that, but I'm definitely gonna miss her a lot! I relate more to her with the age similarity and it's gonna be sad to see her go. :( 13 Deadly Sims, 6 Crazy Frights, and all that Nancy Drew was such wonderful stuff and I love her on anything with the full crew. I hope she gets a great job because she definitely deserves it!

redwing42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I have often felt that GB hosts that offer a different perspective not only are entertaining to listen to, but they also bring more out of the other hosts that you don't get when you have a bunch of similar personalities. Patrick, Austin, Dan, and now Abby have all filled that role for the Beast crew. I haven't liked every bit of content that Abby has put out, but I enjoyed quite a bit of it, and I appreciate the different vibe she brought to the crew. I wish her the best, and hopefully the next hire can step into that role.

buemba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Best of luck to Abby in whatever she does next. She added a vital and unique perspective to the crew and is behind the best feature the site had in years (Thirteen Deadly Sims) so her presence will be sorely missed.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

@asylumrunner: I dunno, "I Prefer Your Love" would have been the right amount of cringe.

snaketelegraph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I started getting into GB not that long after Abby joined and so it's hard to picture the site without her. She has a pretty unique perspective among the rest of the crew and I love that she highlights games that're outside of most of their interests. She has great chemistry with pretty much everyone and while people are making jokes about escaping GOTY, I absolutely am going to miss that she won't be in whatever iteration of the winter games exists this year. However, this is probably a good time to spread her wings with the things that're going down, so while I'll miss her tons I really hope her the best. Even if she ends up going into full behind the scenes producer somewhere I'll still love to see whatever goofs she comes up with on twitter or whatever. Thank you Abby!

Dirty_Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Causing a panic by making giant bomb trend is the perfect way for Abby to announce she's leaving. She was a great addition to the site and will be missed

bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#46  Edited By bacongames

I'm going to miss Clue Crew. Fingers crossed we can finally figure out that awful vegetable puzzle and solve the Secret of Shadow Ranch before the end.

Wish her the best, especially with *gestures wildly at everything going on*

bananalog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm excited for Abby.
She was a refreshing addition to the crew. Her perspectives, creativity, and overall personality were a treat and I can't wait to see what she does next.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

You mean now I'll have to actually look up what Bjork is doing rather than have a twice-weekly update?!?!

In all seriousness, this sucks in that way that's also very promising. You don't just leave a job like Giant Bomb unless you have something planned, and I'm hoping she does because hers is a very necessary voice in videogames AND comedy. She only does the best work, and I truly hope whatever she does next, she flourishes in!

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Super happy for Abby since it's on her own terms. She really came into her own over the years and became a fantastic part of the team. Hopefully this experience taught her a lot and she goes on to do even more cool stuff, wherever it may be.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Good luck Abby, best wishes and hope you stop by the Beastcast and crew every so often.

Crazy that GBeast lost 50% of their crew in less than a year