• 85 results
Bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Bomb

My first laptop was an alienware m17x when they were pretty new and I paid $3000 for it. It was so fuckin nice when I first got it. I sold it 1 year later for $1000 because I was investing in something that i ended up failing at. So I bought an ASUS n61j that had better parts for gaming because I couldnt afford another alienware and i have to say this thing is not only fuckin ugly, but the screen is shit, I couldnt tell if the screen had a protective layer on it when I first booted it up. I have to push the screen back to get the full color out of it.

when u buy alienware, u get what u pay for, and ill never buy another laptop again unless its alienware. its so nice, heavy, matte black, its like buying a H2 HUMMER and buying anything else is like buying that shitty toyota wannabe hummer that looks like an oversized toy car

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By melcene
@Bomb said:
"when u buy alienware, u pay for the name "
Fixed.
Malphye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Malphye

Hows the battery life on those? I'll admit, those laptops do look nice.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Yanngc33

Sounds like you kind of got screwed over on that last PC. I tried gaming on a Macbook pro and that kind of sucks. Those Alienwares look really nice but their price is ridiculous.

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Slaker117

Funny thing about the Hummer brand: it's defunct.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@Bomb said:
"   My first laptop was an alienware m17x when they were pretty new and I paid $3000 for it. It was so fuckin nice when I first got it. I sold it 1 year later for $1000 because I was investing in something that i ended up failing at. So I bought an ASUS n61j that had better parts for gaming because I couldnt afford another alienware and i have to say this thing is not only fuckin ugly, but the screen is shit, I couldnt tell if the screen had a protective layer on it when I first booted it up. I have to push the screen back to get the full color out of it. when u buy alienware, u get what u pay for, and ill never buy another laptop again unless its alienware. its so nice, heavy, matte black, its like buying a H2 HUMMER and buying anything else is like buying that shitty toyota wannabe hummer that looks like an oversized toy car "
No they arnt. I got a decent laptop for about 1k when it would have cost 3k for Alienware for the exact same specs. 
Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Scooper
@Bomb said:
" its so nice, heavy, matte black, its like buying a H2 HUMMER "
What, a completely useless car that has no purpose but to show off?

Also, nice one loosing 2 grand on year's old laptop, it shows that you're basically spending 3000 on a 1500 laptop.
onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By onarum

Besides I think buying laptops with gaming in mind is kind of stupid, unless you are literally never in one place for more than a week.

Kayotix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Kayotix

Happy with my ASUS Gaming Republic laptop i just bought, $1200 and it runs everything perfect. Ill never buy an Alienware. Your paying double the $$ and getting ripped off
xplodedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By xplodedd
@onarum said:
" Besides I think buying laptops with gaming in mind is kind of stupid, unless you are literally never in one place for more than a week. "
you sir are correct
MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MikkaQ

Eh Macbooks are nicer laptops. They're ligher, cooler, and quieter, plus have nicer screens than an alienware. You're paying about the same amount too.

Gaming on laptops is retarded and macbooks do literally everything else just fine, so I'm sticking with those.
blueaniman93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By blueaniman93

people keep telling me the m11x is a good laptop
i'm thinking about it because I want a laptop that can run games but I do not know if it suitable for college life since I am going to college in the fall

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#13  Edited By Video_Game_King
@The_Laughing_Man said:
"No they arnt. I got a decent laptop for about 1k when it would have cost 3k for Alienware for the exact same specs.  "
Mind linking it or something?
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ryanwho

I agree buying Alienware is like buying a Hummer, and that with Alienware you get what you pay for. 

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@Video_Game_King said:
" @The_Laughing_Man said:
"No they arnt. I got a decent laptop for about 1k when it would have cost 3k for Alienware for the exact same specs.  "
Mind linking it or something? "
Its a few years old now. But it can play Crysis on High. 
Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Yanngc33
@XII_Sniper said:
" Eh Macbooks are nicer laptops. They're ligher, cooler, and quieter, plus have nicer screens than an alienware. You're paying about the same amount too.

Gaming on laptops is retarded and macbooks do literally everything else just fine, so I'm sticking with those.
"
Try running Left 4 Dead 2 on a Macbook and get back to me on that :p you're right, laptops are built to do other things than gaming. My Mac lets me play for about 2 hours before dying making playing on trips crap
Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Akeldama

The brand new AlienWare model laptop that was just announced is nearly twice the price of my laptop, smaller and less powerful. If you are going to get a serious gaming laptop, Asus's G73 JH is the one.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Video_Game_King
@The_Laughing_Man:

Is that still considered the benchmark for PC games? Or would I have to get something better?
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@Video_Game_King said:
" @The_Laughing_Man: Is that still considered the benchmark for PC games? Or would I have to get something better? "
Sadly I am not sure. This laptop is not the best any more because of the Fan dieing and HP fucking me over on a warretny they should have honored. 
animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By animateria

I dunno.

I paid $940 + tax on my HP Laptop and it plays all the current games usually on the highest settings.
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Video_Game_King
@The_Laughing_Man:

That's probably due to age, though. I should ask somebody else about the benchmark thing, like Geno or ArbitraryWater (old school PC gamers are still PC gamers).
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@Video_Game_King said:
" @The_Laughing_Man: That's probably due to age, though. I should ask somebody else about the benchmark thing, like Geno or ArbitraryWater (old school PC gamers are still PC gamers). "
I can still play High end games. I just have a mini fan on the back of the laptop. So I need to go load up crysis again. 
Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#23  Edited By Subjugation

A fool and his money are soon parted.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@weeman105 said:
" A fool and his money are soon parted. "
SO says Dapper Ironman 
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Video_Game_King
@The_Laughing_Man:

So it could probably run modern games, like Mass Effect 2, or...Darkspore, maybe?
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@Video_Game_King said:

" @The_Laughing_Man: So it could probably run modern games, like Mass Effect 2, or...Darkspore, maybe? "

O I ran ME2 with ease. FULLY cranked up. I even have screen shots and what not. 

No Caption Provided
See. Granted that is a Cut Scene. But Yes the entire game runs smoothly and easily. 
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Video_Game_King
@The_Laughing_Man:

Then do you have the link? Or was that the old thing in the first place? If so, then at least the name of the computer?
christ0phe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By christ0phe

Why do you want a heavy laptop?

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@Video_Game_King said:
" @The_Laughing_Man: Then do you have the link? Or was that the old thing in the first place? If so, then at least the name of the computer? "
Its a older laptop. I can not remeber the name and all that. Id have to do a lot of digging in recipts. 
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ryanwho
@Yanngc33 said:

" @XII_Sniper said:

" Eh Macbooks are nicer laptops. They're ligher, cooler, and quieter, plus have nicer screens than an alienware. You're paying about the same amount too.
"
Try running Left 4 Dead 2 on a Macbook and get back to me on that :p you're right, laptops are built to do other things than gaming. My Mac lets me play for about 2 hours before dying making playing on trips crap "
Im back. Left 4 Dead runs fine. All Valve games run fine prettymuch maxed out. Bootcamp motherfucker. Its the OS, not the hardware. My 09 Macbook Pro can run basically everything, its just a matter of cooling the CPU. If you're going to be dumb with your money, Macbook is a better option than Alienware, but niether's a good deal for gaming. You game at a desktop. I have a macbook only because my school gave me one, I'd never spend 2300 on my own for this when I could spend half that and get a much better desktop gaming rig.
Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31  Edited By Branthog

No.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Jack268
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" @Video_Game_King said:
" @The_Laughing_Man: Is that still considered the benchmark for PC games? Or would I have to get something better? "
Sadly I am not sure. This laptop is not the best any more because of the Fan dieing and HP fucking me over on a warretny they should have honored.  "
Crysis is still among the highest end games. Crysis 2 (in my opinion) looks better than unmodded Crysis 1, and is better optimized(well, the closed environments does that), so if you want to challenge your PC, you should try Crysis or a real benchmark test. I believe Metro 2033 surpasses both Crysis 1 and 2 in visual candy and performance draining though. That thing is pure murder for a PC, but it looks absolutely stunning on high settings.

Oh, and about the HP laptops: My 3 sisters and my dad have had HP laptops, and all their fans have failed when they were out of warranty. If I were to buy a laptop I'd just keep it cheap so when shit like that happens it's not an immense loss and then you can focus your big dosh on a desktop gaming PC.
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Video_Game_King
@The_Laughing_Man:

You mean you can't find the name in the computer itself? Or on the computer itself?
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@Video_Game_King said:
" @The_Laughing_Man: You mean you can't find the name in the computer itself? Or on the computer itself? "
Its an entertainment PC thats all I can find. 
71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#35  Edited By 71Ranchero
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" @Video_Game_King said:
" @The_Laughing_Man: You mean you can't find the name in the computer itself? Or on the computer itself? "
Its an entertainment PC thats all I can find.  "
How can you not manage to figure out what your laptop is? Either you should have your internet taken away or you are lying.
imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By imsh_pl

Say what you want but to me gaming on a laptop is pretty damn ridiculous (I'm talking the newest games here).

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Yanngc33
@ryanwho said:
" @Yanngc33 said:

" @XII_Sniper said:

"
Try running Left 4 Dead 2 on a Macbook and get back to me on that :p you're right, laptops are built to do other things than gaming. My Mac lets me play for about 2 hours before dying making playing on trips crap "
Im back. Left 4 Dead runs fine. All Valve games run fine prettymuch maxed out. Bootcamp motherfucker. Its the OS, not the hardware. My 09 Macbook Pro can run basically everything, its just a matter of cooling the CPU. If you're going to be dumb with your money, Macbook is a better option than Alienware, but niether's a good deal for gaming. You game at a desktop. I have a macbook only because my school gave me one, I'd never spend 2300 on my own for this when I could spend half that and get a much better desktop gaming rig. "
Damn, I have a 2010 one. It runs perfectly eve,n when all the zombies are on screen? Might want to try bootcamp than
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@Atramentous said:
" @The_Laughing_Man said:
" @Video_Game_King said:
Its an entertainment PC thats all I can find.  "
How can you not manage to figure out what your laptop is? Either you should have your internet taken away or you are lying. "
Because Ive had it a wile. I do not write down stuff like that. Its and HP entertainment laptop. That is all I know right now. 
ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ninjakiller
@RiotBananas said:
" @onarum said:
"  buying laptops with gaming in mind is stupid "
"
No you.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#41  Edited By JoeyRavn

Excuse me for the "Internetized" post I'm about to make, but...

gaming laptop lol

YoungFrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By YoungFrey

I bought the cheapest Dell laptop I could find.  If I'm going to buy a gaming machine, it won't be a laptop.
Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#43  Edited By MordeaniisChaos
@Bomb said:
"   My first laptop was an alienware m17x when they were pretty new and I paid $3000 for it. It was so fuckin nice when I first got it. I sold it 1 year later for $1000 because I was investing in something that i ended up failing at. So I bought an ASUS n61j that had better parts for gaming because I couldnt afford another alienware and i have to say this thing is not only fuckin ugly, but the screen is shit, I couldnt tell if the screen had a protective layer on it when I first booted it up. I have to push the screen back to get the full color out of it. when u buy alienware, u get what u pay for, and ill never buy another laptop again unless its alienware. its so nice, heavy, matte black, its like buying a H2 HUMMER and buying anything else is like buying that shitty toyota wannabe hummer that looks like an oversized toy car "
Hummers are shitty vehicles. Apart from the gas guzzling and hideous aspects, it's just a shitty vehicle. Your probably paying for way more than you are actually getting, but I've never sat down to compare other gaming PCs. I'd be curious how they compare in benchmarks both from a score perspective and a temp. perspective.
gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By gamefreak9
@MordeaniisChaos: 
Alienware's are the most overrated pieces of junk out there, the price needs to drop... i am typing from my Area 51, which has the worst fan in the world, i bought the computer for games, and i can't do shit, only vlc runs without the pc shutting down.
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Video_Game_King
@The_Laughing_Man:

I'd suggest going to Computer and then clicking on System Properties. This is assuming that you're using Vista or Windows 7 or something similar.
monstersnsoup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#46  Edited By monstersnsoup

If you're set on a gaming laptop, it might be worth it to look into smaller companies that specialize in more powerful computers. Eurocom is still around. The new Neptune specced the same as the M17x costs $2400 rather than $3000. Just saying, you should look around before charging headfirst into a massive investment like a big laptop. 

ATrevelan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#47  Edited By ATrevelan

Since I'm moving to Central Asia in a little under three months, I just plopped down a grand on an ASUS gaming laptop. It's a full 800 dollars cheaper than the bigass model that Tested did a video review on last June AND it's more powerful.

As someone who primarily games on PC, I'm a desktop fanboy all the way, but I can't lug a tower, monitor, keyboard, mouse, etc to the other side of the world with me. With the laptop, all I need is a plug converter and the machine itself. Done. In my situation it was a no brainer.
Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Azteck

Hahahahahaha no. Alienware is not quality, it's the name you buy. It's worse than Apple.

PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#49  Edited By PerryVandell

I wouldn't say Alienware is the only brand you should buy from when getting a serious gaming laptop. I personally trust Falcon Northwest.

Amilmitt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Amilmitt

alienwares are overrated.
get more for you money from HP pavilions.
my last one was $1000 when i got it 6 years ago. it was a lucky purchase as it was better than most you could get then(had HDMI output and a great graphics card)  Sadly it ran very hot and i ended up burning out the GPU after 6 years.

my current one is a HP pavilion as well, AMD phenom quad, radeon 6000 series(forget the actual numbers). its a good improvement over my last one and was only $700. doesn't run hot like the last one.