• 100 results
Brad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By Brad

The rumors were true: there's a new World of Warcraft expansion coming out, it's called Cataclysm, and it will take you back to the original lands that consumed your life for the first three or so years of WoW's release. Earlier today I sat for an hour-long panel at BlizzCon hosted by WoW big wigs like Chris Metzen and Tom Chilton, so here in a slightly disjointed format are all the details I managed to glean. First, you might want to watch this trailer to get all the high points and see what this thing looks like. 

Yes, the expansion takes place mainly in Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms, the same continents that came in the original WoW package. But what's messed them up so good? The answer is Deathwing, one of the five immortal dragon aspects, who is attuned to the element of earth and was introduced waaaay back in the Warcraft II expansion pack Beyond the Dark Portal. Deathwing's having a pretty bad day because the elder gods have been whispering in his ear for eons, which has driven him mad and filled him with a desire to--wait for it--subjugate all life and rule the world. Surprise!

The "cataclysm" part of this expansion comes in because Deathwing literally erupts through the crust of Azeroth from Deepholm, his underground prison. This explosion causes massive destruction to the old lands of the game (though the panel jokingly pointed out that maybe Westfall will be left untouched, since Ol' Blanchy is so core to the gameplay). Tidal waves, volcanic trenches, unending storms and more will affect the planet, drastically rewriting the look and layout of zones nearly every zone in the game.

Here's a long video showing you a bunch of before-and-after shots of places like the Barrens, Ashenvale, and Darkshore. Some of those places are certainly getting messed up good and proper, as you can see. It's my understanding the Barrens will actually be split into two new zones, Northern and Southern, due to that volcanic fissure you can see there. 

In that video you'll also see Gilneas and the Lost Isles, respectively the homes of Cataclysm's new races, the worgen and the goblins.

Wolf peoples! 
Wolf peoples! 
The new Alliance race the worgen are once-human residents of the kingdom of Gilneas, who sealed themselves off from the encroachments of the Scourge with a big stone wall. Meanwhile, a Gilnean wizard attempted to summon an occult defense against the undead but haplessly infected his own people with the curse, turning them into werewolves. 

In the new starting zone of Gilneas, the worgen starting quests will show you the story of how the curse propagated among the people of Gilneas and how they have since attempted to tame the beasts within themselves. The panel made some allusions to early quests in Gilneas that may take place in different time periods, possibly as a look back at the worgen's history. The worgen will have a racial trait called darkflight that functions sort of like a sprint (and which the panel thinks will probably annoy a lot of Horde players).

Gawblins! 
Gawblins! 
The Horde's new race, the goblins, hail from an island kingdom and were displaced from their happy tropical home by the emergence of Deathwing. These aren't the goblins you've seen in places like Ratchet and Gadgetzan; those guys are still neutral and willing to profit from both factions equally. The playable Horde goblins have reluctantly joined up with orcs and trolls out of necessity. They have a rocket belt as a racial trait, which will let them do a sort of forward disengage move as well as shooting out a bunch of rockets in battle. The goblins' mount is the rat rod, a hot rod-looking contraption made out of barrels and spare parts.

Of note: the demos running here at BlizzCon showing off playable worgen and goblin characters start at level 6. The panel said there are some "very special surprises" that occur between levels 1 and 5 for those races.

New Zones

In addition to the starting zones of Gilneas and the Lost Isles, there are five new high-level zones. Here's a recap.

• Mount Hyjal: Finally, the scene of the climactic battle from Warcraft III appears in WOW, despite having sort of been in the game for five years now. Hyjal and the World Tree are under siege by fiery bad guy Ragnaros, who's kind of upset about being imprisoned in the plane of fire. But Malfurion Stormrage has awakened from the Emerald Dream, and he's not too happy about what's going on, either.
  • Twilight Highlands: Features the city of Grim Batol, which was ripped apart by Deathwing when he emerged. Now this zone is home to the Twilight's Hammer, a cult from the original WoW which has gained a lot of strength now that it's become Deathwing's caretaker. Look for them to play a big part in the new order of Azeroth.
  • Deepholm: The elemental plane of earth, where Deathwing originally called home, this zone will be a hub with portals to all the other new high-level zones in Cataclysm.
  • Sunken City of Vashj'ir: The home of Lady Vash before the Sundering, this place is out in the middle of the ocean. The panel says it will not be annoying to play underwater, and underwater mounts that move at flying mount speed will be one factor in that.
  • Uldum: A hidden zone west of Tanaris with an Egyptian, desert-like theme. Uldum was hidden by a Titan illusion in the past and is rumored to conceal a "super weapon" of some kind. It's also home of the new, stone-like Tol'vir people.

The leveling path between the new zones.

Here's some other quick hits of info you might want to know about.

Why is the level cap 85? The team wanted to focus more time on new content for newly made characters, and new endgame content, rather than putting a lot of effort into making enough zones and quests to get you from 80 to 90.

New class/race combos. Gnome priests! Tauren priests! (Holy cow? Not my awful joke.) Dwarf shamans. Worgen can't be paladins, though. Undead hunters, blood elf warriors, tauren paladins. It's a class party!

Guild achievements. There's a new achievement system coming for guilds, that you can earn by doing everyday things like questing, raids, and battlegrounds. Achievements will open up a guild talent tree that give you things like cheaper item repairs and a mass resurrection ability that revives your whole guild after you wipe on a raid.

Flying mounts everywhere. Your fancy flying mounts can now traverse all of Azeroth. Yay!

Cataclysm goes out to all players. Whether or not you actually buy the boxed expansion, you're getting the new, ruined version of Azeroth via a patch anyway. The old lands, quests, and all that stuff are going away. Cataclysm gets you the new zones, guild advancements, new heroic dungeons like the Deadmines and Shadowfang Keep, and some other stuff. But if you were wondering who gets to experience the new sundering of Azeroth, the answer is: everyone.

As usual, Blizzard isn't commenting on when Cataclysm will be finished and released, but the panel did make comments about expecting players to be complaining about goblin rogues by the next BlizzCon. There's no news as yet about when the next BlizzCon actually is, but if that show happens as it traditionally does one year from now, those comments may be telling indeed. 

Might as well get all the new Cataclysm assets in one post, right? Here's the screenshots. 

And the art!

Brad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Brad

The rumors were true: there's a new World of Warcraft expansion coming out, it's called Cataclysm, and it will take you back to the original lands that consumed your life for the first three or so years of WoW's release. Earlier today I sat for an hour-long panel at BlizzCon hosted by WoW big wigs like Chris Metzen and Tom Chilton, so here in a slightly disjointed format are all the details I managed to glean. First, you might want to watch this trailer to get all the high points and see what this thing looks like. 

Yes, the expansion takes place mainly in Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms, the same continents that came in the original WoW package. But what's messed them up so good? The answer is Deathwing, one of the five immortal dragon aspects, who is attuned to the element of earth and was introduced waaaay back in the Warcraft II expansion pack Beyond the Dark Portal. Deathwing's having a pretty bad day because the elder gods have been whispering in his ear for eons, which has driven him mad and filled him with a desire to--wait for it--subjugate all life and rule the world. Surprise!

The "cataclysm" part of this expansion comes in because Deathwing literally erupts through the crust of Azeroth from Deepholm, his underground prison. This explosion causes massive destruction to the old lands of the game (though the panel jokingly pointed out that maybe Westfall will be left untouched, since Ol' Blanchy is so core to the gameplay). Tidal waves, volcanic trenches, unending storms and more will affect the planet, drastically rewriting the look and layout of zones nearly every zone in the game.

Here's a long video showing you a bunch of before-and-after shots of places like the Barrens, Ashenvale, and Darkshore. Some of those places are certainly getting messed up good and proper, as you can see. It's my understanding the Barrens will actually be split into two new zones, Northern and Southern, due to that volcanic fissure you can see there. 

In that video you'll also see Gilneas and the Lost Isles, respectively the homes of Cataclysm's new races, the worgen and the goblins.

Wolf peoples! 
Wolf peoples! 
The new Alliance race the worgen are once-human residents of the kingdom of Gilneas, who sealed themselves off from the encroachments of the Scourge with a big stone wall. Meanwhile, a Gilnean wizard attempted to summon an occult defense against the undead but haplessly infected his own people with the curse, turning them into werewolves. 

In the new starting zone of Gilneas, the worgen starting quests will show you the story of how the curse propagated among the people of Gilneas and how they have since attempted to tame the beasts within themselves. The panel made some allusions to early quests in Gilneas that may take place in different time periods, possibly as a look back at the worgen's history. The worgen will have a racial trait called darkflight that functions sort of like a sprint (and which the panel thinks will probably annoy a lot of Horde players).

Gawblins! 
Gawblins! 
The Horde's new race, the goblins, hail from an island kingdom and were displaced from their happy tropical home by the emergence of Deathwing. These aren't the goblins you've seen in places like Ratchet and Gadgetzan; those guys are still neutral and willing to profit from both factions equally. The playable Horde goblins have reluctantly joined up with orcs and trolls out of necessity. They have a rocket belt as a racial trait, which will let them do a sort of forward disengage move as well as shooting out a bunch of rockets in battle. The goblins' mount is the rat rod, a hot rod-looking contraption made out of barrels and spare parts.

Of note: the demos running here at BlizzCon showing off playable worgen and goblin characters start at level 6. The panel said there are some "very special surprises" that occur between levels 1 and 5 for those races.

New Zones

In addition to the starting zones of Gilneas and the Lost Isles, there are five new high-level zones. Here's a recap.

• Mount Hyjal: Finally, the scene of the climactic battle from Warcraft III appears in WOW, despite having sort of been in the game for five years now. Hyjal and the World Tree are under siege by fiery bad guy Ragnaros, who's kind of upset about being imprisoned in the plane of fire. But Malfurion Stormrage has awakened from the Emerald Dream, and he's not too happy about what's going on, either.
  • Twilight Highlands: Features the city of Grim Batol, which was ripped apart by Deathwing when he emerged. Now this zone is home to the Twilight's Hammer, a cult from the original WoW which has gained a lot of strength now that it's become Deathwing's caretaker. Look for them to play a big part in the new order of Azeroth.
  • Deepholm: The elemental plane of earth, where Deathwing originally called home, this zone will be a hub with portals to all the other new high-level zones in Cataclysm.
  • Sunken City of Vashj'ir: The home of Lady Vash before the Sundering, this place is out in the middle of the ocean. The panel says it will not be annoying to play underwater, and underwater mounts that move at flying mount speed will be one factor in that.
  • Uldum: A hidden zone west of Tanaris with an Egyptian, desert-like theme. Uldum was hidden by a Titan illusion in the past and is rumored to conceal a "super weapon" of some kind. It's also home of the new, stone-like Tol'vir people.

Here's some other quick hits of info you might want to know about.

Why is the level cap 85? The team wanted to focus more time on new content for newly made characters, and new endgame content, rather than putting a lot of effort into making enough zones and quests to get you from 80 to 90.

New class/race combos. Gnome priests! Tauren priests! (Holy cow? Not my awful joke.) Dwarf shamans. Worgen can't be paladins, though. Undead hunters, blood elf warriors, tauren paladins. It's a class party!

Guild achievements. There's a new achievement system coming for guilds, that you can earn by doing everyday things like questing, raids, and battlegrounds. Achievements will open up a guild talent tree that give you things like cheaper item repairs and a mass resurrection ability that revives your whole guild after you wipe on a raid.

Flying mounts everywhere. Your fancy flying mounts can now traverse all of Azeroth. Yay!

Cataclysm goes out to all players. Whether or not you actually buy the boxed expansion, you're getting the new, ruined version of Azeroth via a patch anyway. The old lands, quests, and all that stuff are going away. Cataclysm gets you the new zones, guild advancements, new heroic dungeons like the Deadmines and Shadowfang Keep, and some other stuff. But if you were wondering who gets to experience the new sundering of Azeroth, the answer is: everyone.

As usual, Blizzard isn't commenting on when Cataclysm will be finished and released, but the panel did make comments about expecting players to be complaining about goblin rogues by the next BlizzCon. There's no news as yet about when the next BlizzCon actually is, but if that show happens as it traditionally does one year from now, those comments may be telling indeed. 

Might as well get all the new Cataclysm assets in one post, right? Here's the screenshots. 

And the art!

lemon360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By lemon360

nice
Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Jeffsekai

First, crazy that all the rumors were 100% true.

sociald1077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By sociald1077

Almost makes me want to play agian.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By TheHBK

so is this a free expansion?  will this be enough to keep players in the WOW or will they all flock to the Old Republic?

ghostNPC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ghostNPC

Pretty nice stuff. I might consider paying for it again. Might.

asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By asurastrike
@TheHBK said:
" so is this a free expansion?  will this be enough to keep players in the WOW or will they all flock to the Old Republic? "
No it's not free, and do you really believe an unproven MMO will take 11 million players from a game they have put years of their life into?
Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By Bigandtasty
@Jeffsekai said:
"  First, crazy that all the rumors were 100% true. "
Maybe Blizz leaked them on purpose. Seems to be all the rage these days.
shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By shiftymagician
@TheHBK said:
" so is this a free expansion?  will this be enough to keep players in the WOW or will they all flock to the Old Republic? "
Nah they all won't flock over there, simply because not everyone in WOW would like the star wars universe.  Also good idea that this expansion is free for all as well (it seems so anyway).  I'm also curious as to what will happen to WOW after they hit the lvl 100 cap.  Will they just keep going or will they finally make either a sequel or a whole new MMO of some sort?

Either way, I've never played WOW so even this good news isn't going to sway me.  I like the MMO gameplay but not their delivery in stories.  I'll just stick to normal non-MMO games for me.
Lazlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Lazlow

one word. awesome.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By xyzygy

The story for WoW is so, so bad. When the guy talks in this trailer about the story elements of this new expansion, I feel kind of embarassed for him. 

@TheHBK: I really, really hope the old republic does well... They don't even need 11 million players, all they need is a few million, and hopefully will introduce people who hate WoW, like me, into finally playing an EXCITING mmo.

Avatar image for relentlessknight
RelentlessKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 32

#12  Edited By RelentlessKnight

I bet in the future, they will released a patch where you can kill Azshara, the naga queen

Lifestrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Lifestrike

Tauren Paladins?

All the races are losing their personality. Blizzard thinks this new "Everything for Everyone" policy is way cool, but I think it is fuuuuuuuuuucking gay. They rape the story and character of Warcraft EVERY SINGLE TIME they make new content. Sure, you all just accept it as "neat, new classes and adventures" but no, man! Its fucking gay!

I mean, why even bother with a story now. Seriously?

I like new gameplay and content. In fact, I wouldnt even care if they just went out and said

"Hey folks, we don't actually give two shits about what we wrote here. All you guys need to know is that were adding some more content. You like that right? Content!"

They have no respect for their own god-damn continuity. Now they just toss away personality whenever it gets in the way of their big, fat unstoppable train.

shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By shiftymagician

I'm making another post seeing as though I can't edit my last one for some reason. I misread and said incorrectly: 

"Also good idea that this expansion is free for all as well (it seems so anyway)."

That was untrue in my part.  It just changes existing assets to existing members that didn't buy the boxed set. It does not mean they get to check out the new content contained within the expansion set at all.

Alphawolfy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Alphawolfy

Makes me want to play WoW again,  but the US servers are too laggy from here in Taiwan. 

echo13791

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#16  Edited By echo13791

Gahh, makes me want to come back. I just hope that Old Republic will be fantastic, or that I'll just love Diablo III

supalink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By supalink

looks like more of the same...

killdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By killdave

must... fight... former... addiction...

bah, I know for a fact when this is released I'll resubscribe for a look :p

Reverseface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Reverseface
Aarny91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 14

#20  Edited By Aarny91

Great work, Brad. I'm crazy excited for this.

EndrzGame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By EndrzGame
EndrzGame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By EndrzGame

Hmmm, for some reason it's not letting me copy/paste the part I was referring to. Just follow the link and scroll down, you'll find it. ; )

souperbass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By souperbass

First of all, if you have ANYTHING bad to say about the story, you're literally just picking.  Either you don't know about it (by not reading the books [and let me tell you, I've read most of them, and they're GREAT] or not paying any attention), or you're just looking for nasty comments to make about WoW...after all, it is ever so popular to hate things that a lot of people like.  Also, the story is HUGE.  If you want to know more about it, you have to figure it out on your own.  If you don't want to, then that's too bad, it really is a lot of fun.

I do agree partially about races losing their personality via class crossovers.  I don't see how a Tauren can possibly be a priest, but that might be because I'm so used to playing BC and WotLK. 

Regardless, I'm extremely excited.  I think what they've done to entice new players and allow old players to do something completely new is REALLY awesome.  YAY.

stinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By stinky

nice horde got some small beings but dang, worgen should have been Horde all the way.

darknaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By darknaut
@stinky said:
" nice horde got some small beings but dang, worgen should have been Horde all the way. "
Meh. Just because Worgen don't look pretty doesn't mean they should be lumped in with the Horde. Lore-wise, they would make no sense over there. Since the curse of the Worgen was punishment on Greymane for abandoning the other Humans in their time of need, and since they are basically Humans (you can be Human or Worgen while out of combat), that'd just get confusing. =P
mannalive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By mannalive

so if they're drastically changing the lay out of the geography, does this mean new people can't sign up an play those early instances anymore?  I've always been tempted to just tap a vein and start shooting some WoW, but I guess that boat left shore a long time ago.  are there even enough new players out there to get large enough parties together for the early stuff?

Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Bigandtasty
@MannAlive said:
" so if they're drastically changing the lay out of the geography, does this mean new people can't sign up an play those early instances anymore?  I've always been tempted to just tap a vein and start shooting some WoW, but I guess that boat left shore a long time ago.  are there even enough new players out there to get large enough parties together for the early stuff? "
On mid-high level population servers, sure.
infestedandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#28  Edited By infestedandy

All the changes are very nice for current WoW players as they more than likely have been thirsting for something like this. However, the core gameplay which drove me away from this game can never be altered.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By xyzygy
@infestedandy said:
" All the changes are very nice for current WoW players as they more than likely have been thirsting for something like this. However, the core gameplay which drove me away from this game can never be altered. "
Totally agree.
Omano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Omano

one word...  No.  Three words.  I DONT CARE.  Goblins?!?  WTF.. 

Log

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Log

I think we can all agree that the biggest news here is that well finally have a HEROIC VC to do!!!!!! NONE MAY CHALLENGE THE BROTHERHOOD!!!!!!!!!

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By pause422

What is with like 10 people saying this expansion is free for everyone? Why would anyone possibly think that? No, it is not free.

starhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By starhawk
@Lifestrike said:

"Tauren Paladins?

All the races are losing their personality. Blizzard thinks this new "Everything for Everyone" policy is way cool, but I think it is fuuuuuuuuuucking gay. They rape the story and character of Warcraft EVERY SINGLE TIME they make new content. Sure, you all just accept it as "neat, new classes and adventures" but no, man! Its fucking gay!

I mean, why even bother with a story now. Seriously?

I like new gameplay and content. In fact, I wouldnt even care if they just went out and said   "Hey folks, we don't actually give two shits about what we wrote here. All you guys need to know is that were adding some more content. You like that right? Content!"  They have no respect for their own god-damn continuity. Now they just toss away personality whenever it gets in the way of their big, fat unstoppable train. "

Dude, chill out.  This is the biggest effort they've put yet into moving the whole game forward, rather than just everything pre-expansion existing in some sort of perpetual time-lock.  And what's wrong with Tauren Paladins?  Races and alliances change over time.  They shouldn't have to stay the same always.  Most of the class combos they are introducing are perfectly fine and make sense if you really think about them.  There will still be several races who can only be certain kinds of classes anyway. 

Oh and also, the writing for WoW's quests is fantastic.  Many people rush to the level cap and miss out on the great, compelling and humorous story-telling that is everywhere in the game.
Avatar image for hypotheticalsolution76
HypotheticalSolution76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First of all, thanks for the effort to write all this down, Brad.

Second, I believe the changes will bring some smiles, but also not bring anything to the table for some. There looks to be plenty of content included inside the expansion no matter what type of player that you may be. It's all still up in the air, but it's looking pretty cool at the moment.

@starhawk said:

" @Lifestrike said: Oh and also, the writing for WoW's quests is fantastic.  Many people rush to the level cap and miss out on the great, compelling and humorous story-telling that is everywhere in the game. "
I have to agree with this comment. Taking your time is the best way to play the game, imho.
spiceninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#36  Edited By spiceninja

List most I'm kind of nervous about them blowing up Azeroth.

leviathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By leviathan

oh ffs this is just getting ridiculous. Didn't they just release an expansion not so long ago?
Some of the new "additions" are so lame, it really feels like they're trying to sap as much money out of their player base as possible.
Not hating on them, i mean why not, if you got 11 million people playing your game, even just $1 out of every one of them = $11million lol
As an ex-WoW player, this just seems so lame and pathetic by blizzard.  Goblins and worgens. "new race/class combinations". whoopy-doo. big effin deal.

Mourne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Mourne

While I'm sure this'll be great for people still playing the game, that was the single lamest trailer I've seen--even for a video game--in years.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By xyzygy
@Mourne said:
" While I'm sure this'll be great for people still playing the game, that was the single lamest trailer I've seen--even for a video game--in years. "
Yep. They just tried to make it seem to grand, but it's just like... wow. You're trying way too hard. Hurry up and make a new game. I have lost all respect for Blizzard over this game. I know they're just making money, but still. They've lost their originality to money.
animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By animateria

This will probably get me into WoW again for at least a couple months.

My small and trim female Bloodelf pally is gonna look even smaller  thanks to huge Tauren Pallys roaming the cities.

I like the idea of revamping the main continent, if it can be brought up to Northrend level it should be absolutely stunning.

Oh, and where the promised new DANCES Blizzard? It's a listed feature on the damn box! :P

Breakfast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Breakfast

If they made us, Hordes, play Goblins in their current form in game, sure it would suck really badly, when you think Allies are getting Worgens, but there are Artworks of new Goblin models (which are not posted here, but you can check them out on mmo-champion.com) look totally, fucking, rad. They are going to be awesome.

Nick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Nick

Is it just me or does the water in the new expansion look way better than the current water in the game?
Breakfast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Breakfast

It actually does, yeah.

ahoodedfigure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 64

#44  Edited By ahoodedfigure

This was sort of like watching porn for a fetish you don't understand. :)

I think this patch is definitely for people who've been around a awhile, since someone like me who's been on the outside wanting to try it out is somewhat less interested in playing if all the vistas I saw are going to be wrecked and lava-fied.  The gameplay options sounds more extensive, so I understand intellectually why they did it.  Not sure if I would get the same charge as I might have just exploring the rolling hills, though.

I was also kinda hoping a long time ago that Goblins would be an alliance race...

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By The_A_Drain

DAMN YOU WORLD OF WARCRACK!!!! I havn't thought about you since I walked away in disgust nearly a year ago when my account got hacked. But now i'm downloading the client as I type this! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOooo and with Uni starting again soon, damn my weak will!! ;_;
EpicBenjamin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 46

#46  Edited By EpicBenjamin

Oh man, this is AWESOME!
ThePhenomenal1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By ThePhenomenal1

ok. i'm a little bit interested in this. i've played alot of WoW since it launched in november 2004. i've never been big enough to ever actually get to level cap. i'd play a little bit, go away, come back and make a new character, and repeat. that why i kinda just left WoW all together since i'd never enjoy playing it from experiencing the old stuff so many times. maybe this will actually work out for me.

still more excited about the old republic and ffXIV though.

mavs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By mavs

Old zones redesigned: Very cool.
New races: Damn, I might come back.

Human hunters: Hype destroyed.

It's like the Phantom Menace all over again. Rest in peace, Warcraft. Or shamble on like a disgusting abomination in the agonizing clutches of unlife, whatevs.

Xenos_19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Xenos_19
@Nick:  it does look better than the current game, that's because their going to be using new rendering tech for their water, and terrain, mainly for water so it behaves closer to real water, and has more transparency and reflection
TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By TheHBK

This trailer, and especially the narration of it, just the words and sentences, make me think..."Man, WoW is really gay."