Another one of the luck people to be kicked out of gamestop!

doubleurluck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By doubleurluck

So last night was the halo reach kick-off fest at gamestop and me and one of my buddies decided to check it out. We had figured you might need your ID for the contest to get a halo reach legendary edition, but I couldn't find mine so we just said whatever and headed over there. Immediately after walking in the manager cards us and I started off very polite just saying that I spent how much time trying to find it but couldn't  (btw it is very obvious that I am not under 18) he just kept on telling me that no I can't enter the contest, so I was a little irritated but not a big deal until he tells me I need to leave the store because of the mature video of Tsquared. I thought the manager was joking with me at first but asked a second time and I asked  "are you fuckin kidding me?" he said no so me and my buddy left and I turned to him and said "fuck me" under my breath because it upset me I couldn't stay. Still wanting to see the video we looked for my ID found it and were back in 10 minutes. Went in smiling with relief and he tells me to get out  I was confused and asked why and he accused me of  "dropping the f-bomb 6 times" We left again telling him we would never be back. 

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By ajamafalous

Sucks when shit like this happens, but there's not much you can do, unfortunately.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MrKlorox

I would have knocked a shelf over and left. Fuck those guys.

Colin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Colin
@MrKlorox said:

"I would have knocked a shelf over and left. Fuck those guys. "

This. 

Also it's kind of funny that he throws you out for saying fuck and he wouldn't let you what the video because it was mature, what the hells the difference in a mature video and swearing??
Linkin10362

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Linkin10362

How the hell is a Tsquared video "mature" anyway? Halo still never seemed to me like a mature game, all it really has is blood.

Also, fuck Gamestop. They always cause problems with customers and act like what they are doing is right.

Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Aus_azn
@MrKlorox said:
" I would have knocked a shelf over and left. Fuck those guys. "
QFT. Gamestop has not gotten my business since 2005. Amazon and Costco FTW.
thehexeditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By thehexeditor

Run into the store with your friends, blast this song: 

Start the carnage. Knock over all the display boxes, throw rocks at the TV, beat up the employees (even the ones who don't deserve it) etc.
 Just kidding >:D
MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL

Hur der I go into a store and swear at the manager and don't understand why I get kicked out der dur.

And the event was supposedly a waste of time anyways.  

Supermarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Supermarius

Sounds like they were right in kicking you out. Don't say fuck in public places to people you don't want to start a fight with.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By SSully
@Supermarius said:
" Sounds like they were right in kicking you out. Don't say fuck in public places to people you don't want to start a fight with. "
I agree, Its called having respect in public. If i was a manager in a store and someone asked me if i was fucking kidding id respond by saying get the fuck out of my store. You dont act like that in public friend, sorry. 
Avatar image for nikoalexander57
NikoAlexander57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By NikoAlexander57
@Supermarius said:
" Sounds like they were right in kicking you out. Don't say fuck in public places to people you don't want to start a fight with. "  
It's the managers fault for being butthurt about an ID to watch a freaking video.
doubleurluck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By doubleurluck
@Babble:  I was not causing grief and I understood I needed my ID for the contest but to just stay and watch the video the first time I said it, it kind of just slipped out because he caught me off guard with telling me to leave
haggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14  Edited By haggis
@Supermarius said:
This.
Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Pinworm45
@NikoAlexander57 said:
" @Supermarius said:
It's the managers fault for being butthurt about an ID to watch a freaking video. "
If by manager you mean law, yea.
Jeknod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jeknod

You were a jerk; you were kicked out.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

Your fault. Deal with it.

bhhawks78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By bhhawks78

boo freaking hoo

TheToecutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TheToecutter

Gamestop managers have to be real careful about checking IDs as they can be heavily fined if they sell a game to a minor, and will then most likely lose their job. However, I agree that alot of them are real dickheads and take it far too seriously like in this case.

doubleurluck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By doubleurluck
@Jeknod said:
" You were a jerk; you were kicked out. "
How was I a jerk, I was not being aggressive at all I wasn't cussing at him or calling him vulgar names
wicked_wumpus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#21  Edited By wicked_wumpus

I think they had every right to kick you out. You can't expect them to let you stay and watch the video after you swear at the manager.

Drakhir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Drakhir
@doubleurluck said:

" @Babble:  I was not causing grief and I understood I needed my ID for the contest but to just stay and watch the video the first time I said it, it kind of just slipped out because he caught me off guard with telling me to leave "

Watch your tongue then, boyo!
Seriously, the fault's all on you. The guy was doing his job. 
Oh, and some people here just seem to be some random douches/internet tough-guys. "Omg, you cudnt get in, if i wer u, id knock shelves and kill ppl there, zomg". Grow up.
Teaspoon83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Teaspoon83

He was doing his job and since it is a Rate-M game, he has ever right to deny you access because you didn't have your I.D. Next time, be respectful perhaps. We might hate Gamestop for what they do, but regardless, YOU decided to show up and you were the one that acted like an ass. 

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By meteora

I'm sorry, but this time I have to side with Gamestop with this.

RaceKickfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By RaceKickfist

You cant blame the guy for doing his job. if it was a choice between causing waves in the intricate gamestop employee beaurocracy by "letting things slide, just this once" or telling the gentleman soliciting me for sex that he has to vacate the premises and go down the street to the other gamestop on this block, then i'd choose the former. sorry pal.

Funzzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Funzzo
@TheToecutter said:
" Gamestop managers have to be real careful about checking IDs as they can be heavily fined if they sell a game to a minor, and will then most likely lose their job. However, I agree that alot of them are real dickheads and take it far too seriously like in this case. "
It only takes one time to lose there job. He was just covering his ass.
DeathByWaffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By DeathByWaffle

It's the guys job to check IDs. You shouldn't have gotten all upset.

It's easy to hop on the "yeah, gamestop is evil!" bandwagon, but in this case, they were not at fault.

CowMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By CowMuffins

Oh, go cry somewhere else. You can't find your ID, you need it to get in. It's your fault.

Replace your ID with a movie ticket and the Gamestop with a theater. Doesn't seem so unreasonable why he would kick you out.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Dany
@doubleurluck said:
" @Jeknod said:
How was I a jerk, I was not being aggressive at all I wasn't cussing at him or calling him vulgar names "
The guy is not your friend, did not know you nor anything about you. It is poor manners to swear to people you don't know.
KyleDaniels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By KyleDaniels

Lmao you better watch your mouth in the future......JK Gamestop is full of dumb asses. And btw people cracking on him for cussing, we can say fuck wherever the fuck we want....so fuck off ; )

Funzzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Funzzo
@KyleDaniels said:
" Lmao you better watch your mouth in the future......JK Gamestop is full of dumb asses. And btw people cracking on him for cussing, we can say fuck wherever the fuck we want....so fuck off ; ) "
what are you like five years old? you talk like that in public? 
shanchett99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By shanchett99

gamestop sucks in the 1st place.
amazon ftw

NateDogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#33  Edited By NateDogg

Bring your ID and you wouldn't have had a problem from the beginning. 

Go buy cigarettes without ID and see what happens.

Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Firebomb!

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35  Edited By landon

I don't understand why the people on this thread are taking your side. It's his job to check ID with M rated games. It doesn't matter how much you "look" 18, you need proof. And they didn't let you back in because you were swearing. I'm sure a lot of kids come in there and adults don't want to hear someone dropping F bombs just because they can't get their Halo.

infamous021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By infamous021
@KyleDaniels said:
" Lmao you better watch your mouth in the future......JK Gamestop is full of dumb asses. And btw people cracking on him for cussing, we can say fuck wherever the fuck we want....so fuck off ; ) "
Can't wait to see your thread for being kicked out of Gamestop.
Fistbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Fistbeard
@doubleurluck: 
No, but I'm gonna call you one.

Stop being an immature cunt.  You may be over 18, but you acted like a child, therefore he was right to kick you out.
Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

They HAVE to card you. They have cameras and higher ups watch. He would have gotten fired if he did not card you. He was doing his job. Then you acted like a child and got punished. Grow up.  

Are you gonna start saying Fuck when they card you for beer? What about cigs? Are you gonna be in the middle of a grocery store and say " FUCK"? Would you say it during a family gathering? What makes you so special that you can go around saying that? You have terrets? If not then grow up. 

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By BraveToaster
@Supermarius said:
Yep 

DeathByWaffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By DeathByWaffle
@The_Laughing_Man: 

What are terrets?

@KyleDaniels:

Grow up.
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@DeathByWaffle said:

" @The_Laughing_Man: 

What are terrets?

@KyleDaniels:  Grow up. "

Tourette's sorry
FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#42  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Your fault, not his.

SirPsychoSexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#43  Edited By SirPsychoSexy

I would kick you out too

OneManX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#44  Edited By OneManX

As someone who worked in retail (Best buy) and dealing with video game sales, one of the first things they tell you is, no matter what, you have to check ID... SOMETIMES some people may just give you a quick look and assume, but we are required, by law, to check IDs. Same goes for Rated R movies.

Does it suck, yes, but to be fair you rarely should leave home without your ID/Wallet.

FateOfNever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By FateOfNever
@doubleurluck said:
" @Jeknod said:
How was I a jerk, I was not being aggressive at all I wasn't cussing at him or calling him vulgar names "
Except for the part where you said that you said "are you fucking kidding me?" to him - You were talking 'at' him, and you dropped an f-bomb, that would constitute 'cussing at him'.  I may not be the biggest fan of Gamestop but I've worked retail; you have to put up with a lot in retail and he simply didn't want to put up with your shit.  I don't blame him for not wanting you back in his store after swearing in public like that.

Not to mention the 'fuck me' under your breath afterwords, which not only is it possible that he, or another employee, heard you, or that he saw your mouth moving and saw enough to piece together you said 'fuck' and something followed by it.  The guy was just doing his job and didn't want to do anything that would risk his job.  On top of which, if he let you back in after you openly cursed in public towards him it wouldn't be a good example for other employees or for other customers.  So while yes it is kind of amusing that you got 'kicked out of Gamestop' for cursing at a mature event, it's just basic common sense to not openly curse in public at other people, it's not polite.
doubleurluck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By doubleurluck

most of you must be misinterpreting how i said "fuck" I didn't tell him fuck you or fuck off and I did not expect him to supply me or sell me anything just to be in the store and observe the video. I do not play many other games that aren't rated M and I have bought games from him specifically before with and without my ID i know I have herd him on at least one occasion say "that game fuckin blows" I said it cause I was bummed thats all.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@doubleurluck said:
" most of you must be misinterpreting how i said "fuck" I didn't tell him fuck you or fuck off and I did not expect him to supply me or sell me anything just to be in the store and observe the video. I do not play many other games that aren't rated M and I have bought games from him specifically before with and without my ID i know I have herd him on at least one occasion say "that game fuckin blows" I said it cause I was bummed thats all. "
You dont just go say " FUCK" in a public place like that. 
Noodles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Noodles
@doubleurluck said:

" @Jeknod said:

>but asked a second time and I asked  "are you fuckin kidding me?"  

:|
Ace829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#49  Edited By Ace829

Lots of uptight users here.

KyleDaniels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By KyleDaniels
@Funzzo said:

" @KyleDaniels said:

what are you like five years old? you talk like that in public?  "
 I'm sorry we can't all be saint like everyone else in the thread apparently is. Getting kicked out of anywhere for "profanity" is fucking stupid unless of course there really causing a scene. I for one have a short fuse when dealing with stupidity, but it looks like I'm alone in that regard. Oh well