Anticipation 09 - Part 1

jimbo_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 7

Edited By jimbo_n

Alright. So I didn´t finish my last part of my GOTY awards but hey, it was the "dissappointment" awards anyways. Now its time to look forward to 2009. I´m just going to list things that´s been officially announced. No Speculation whatsoever. No "Next project from studio X" or "The next game in franshise Y that SHOULD be announced the coming year". This will be games that is for real right now. On the other hand I WILL list games that might not come out in 2009 but that I really WANT to play in the coming year. As a matter of fact, alot of the games on my anticipation list dont have a release window at all yet but that will not stop me from hoping ! Lists like these often change during the year as new stuff gets announced but hey, this is it for now ! Consoles listed are the potential systems I will get the game for so I might miss a "PC" here and there.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
10: ALIENS - COLONIAL MARINES ( Xbox 360 / Playstation 3 )
The first real Aliens shooter since Aliens vs Predator. Not much has been shown from this game but I´ve got a really good feeling in my gut about this one. I get the feeling they will nail the awesomeness of being a space marine in Aliens 2. The fact that so little has been seen is whats keeping it down on the list (otherwise it would probably be waay up there) but Im sure that we´ll see alot more very soon...

Aliens - Colonial Marines

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
9: DARK VOID ( Xbox 360 / Playstation 3 )
Whats been seen of this game so far looks VERY rough and VERY early. Still I cannot help but see the insane potential in this game. Even tho the surface is very unpolished the heart of this games really shines through in the footage thats out there so far. The vertical cover mechanic looks mindblowing and both the premise and the gameplay ideas sounds very yummy in theory ! Hoping on a 09 release !
Dark Void
Dark Void
Dark Void
Dark Void

8: KILLZONE 2 ( Playstation 3 )
Its not like Killzone 1 was a game that I payed any attention to whatsoever. And from what I heard it didnt deliver on alot... So really, my deep down hopes for Killzone 2 are pretty low. I dont see how leveldesign or game direction coming from this mediocre console shooter developer could keep up with the "real" developers of the FPS genre that once invented the whole genre (never name Guerilla and ID Software in the same sentence, never!). But lets face it. Killzone 2 looks frikkin awesome. This game jumps onto my list just because of how it looks. I´ve heard good things about it from early journalist impressions + noticed alot of things that reminds me of a remake of Quake 2 and the hype is slowly starting to build. Im prepared to be dissappointed but I´m also becoming more and more prepared to be completely blown away.
Killzone 2
Killzone 2
Killzone 2
Killzone 2

7: BAYONETTA ( Xbox 360 / Playstation 3 )
Probably the most awesome trailer of 2008. Thats really all we know about this game so far. Seems like its going to be Devil May Cry 4 on crack with a huge dose of self awereness and smart humour as well as a heroine that wears her hair as clothes and has guns on her heels. Come on! taste that sentence. Say it several times. "A heroine that wears her hair as clothes and has guns on her heels". It really speaks for itself more than most other games. If I get a polished hack n slash action game from the guy behind the DMC series with a premise that reads "a heroine that wears her hair as clothes and has guns on her heels" I am S O L D ! Count me in ! Oh, right, she also fights with her hair, and when she does...yea... anticipation !
Bayonetta
Bayonetta
Bayonetta
Bayonetta

6: DUKE NUKEM FOREVER ( Xbox 360 / Playstation 3 )
No, stop, dont start. I know what you´re thinking. Just...dont.. go there.. Im not going to anyway. 2009 seems like the year that this game will actually come out. The game has slowly stepped into the ring again with a trailer and some new screenshots. My guess is that this will ramp up alot during the first half of 09 and you know what? I have higher hopes than ever before for this game. I´m really digging what I´m seeing so far and I KNOW that 3D Realms knows their stuff. These guys makes superb action games.
Alright. So you went there anyway, you started screaming "this game is never coming out". Dont you think that joke is getting a bit old now? Honestly, dont you actually, just like me, feel that this game is actually nearing completion? In either case. I am PUMPED to be chewing bubble gum and kicking ass in 09. And guess what. I am all out of gum !
Duke Nukem Forever
Duke Nukem Forever
Duke Nukem Forever
Duke Nukem Forever

Spots 5-1 will be written when I have time. Probably after christmas.
To be continued...
jimbo_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By jimbo_n

Alright. So I didn´t finish my last part of my GOTY awards but hey, it was the "dissappointment" awards anyways. Now its time to look forward to 2009. I´m just going to list things that´s been officially announced. No Speculation whatsoever. No "Next project from studio X" or "The next game in franshise Y that SHOULD be announced the coming year". This will be games that is for real right now. On the other hand I WILL list games that might not come out in 2009 but that I really WANT to play in the coming year. As a matter of fact, alot of the games on my anticipation list dont have a release window at all yet but that will not stop me from hoping ! Lists like these often change during the year as new stuff gets announced but hey, this is it for now ! Consoles listed are the potential systems I will get the game for so I might miss a "PC" here and there.
10: ALIENS - COLONIAL MARINES ( Xbox 360 / Playstation 3 )
The first real Aliens shooter since Aliens vs Predator. Not much has been shown from this game but I´ve got a really good feeling in my gut about this one. I get the feeling they will nail the awesomeness of being a space marine in Aliens 2. The fact that so little has been seen is whats keeping it down on the list (otherwise it would probably be waay up there) but Im sure that we´ll see alot more very soon...

9: DARK VOID ( Xbox 360 / Playstation 3 )
Whats been seen of this game so far looks VERY rough and VERY early. Still I cannot help but see the insane potential in this game. Even tho the surface is very unpolished the heart of this games really shines through in the footage thats out there so far. The vertical cover mechanic looks mindblowing and both the premise and the gameplay ideas sounds very yummy in theory ! Hoping on a 09 release !
Dark Void
Dark Void
Dark Void
Dark Void

8: KILLZONE 2 ( Playstation 3 )
Its not like Killzone 1 was a game that I payed any attention to whatsoever. And from what I heard it didnt deliver on alot... So really, my deep down hopes for Killzone 2 are pretty low. I dont see how leveldesign or game direction coming from this mediocre console shooter developer could keep up with the "real" developers of the FPS genre that once invented the whole genre (never name Guerilla and ID Software in the same sentence, never!). But lets face it. Killzone 2 looks frikkin awesome. This game jumps onto my list just because of how it looks. I´ve heard good things about it from early journalist impressions + noticed alot of things that reminds me of a remake of Quake 2 and the hype is slowly starting to build. Im prepared to be dissappointed but I´m also becoming more and more prepared to be completely blown away.
Killzone 2
Killzone 2
Killzone 2
Killzone 2

7: BAYONETTA ( Xbox 360 / Playstation 3 )
Probably the most awesome trailer of 2008. Thats really all we know about this game so far. Seems like its going to be Devil May Cry 4 on crack with a huge dose of self awereness and smart humour as well as a heroine that wears her hair as clothes and has guns on her heels. Come on! taste that sentence. Say it several times. "A heroine that wears her hair as clothes and has guns on her heels". It really speaks for itself more than most other games. If I get a polished hack n slash action game from the guy behind the DMC series with a premise that reads "a heroine that wears her hair as clothes and has guns on her heels" I am S O L D ! Count me in ! Oh, right, she also fights with her hair, and when she does...yea... anticipation !
Bayonetta
Bayonetta
Bayonetta
Bayonetta

6: DUKE NUKEM FOREVER ( Xbox 360 / Playstation 3 )
No, stop, dont start. I know what you´re thinking. Just...dont.. go there.. Im not going to anyway. 2009 seems like the year that this game will actually come out. The game has slowly stepped into the ring again with a trailer and some new screenshots. My guess is that this will ramp up alot during the first half of 09 and you know what? I have higher hopes than ever before for this game. I´m really digging what I´m seeing so far and I KNOW that 3D Realms knows their stuff. These guys makes superb action games.
Alright. So you went there anyway, you started screaming "this game is never coming out". Dont you think that joke is getting a bit old now? Honestly, dont you actually, just like me, feel that this game is actually nearing completion? In either case. I am PUMPED to be chewing bubble gum and kicking ass in 09. And guess what. I am all out of gum !
Duke Nukem Forever
Duke Nukem Forever
Duke Nukem Forever
Duke Nukem Forever

Spots 5-1 will be written when I have time. Probably after christmas.
To be continued...
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By RHCPfan24

Duke Nukem Forever...lol. If I could only dream...

jimbo_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jimbo_n

And after all I wrote in the blog you STILL went there with your comment. Appearantly some people can hang onto the same joke for a lifetime....

Alex_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Alex_V

They look like cool titles, but I can't help feeling that they're all essentially the same game - a third/first person shooter with a sci-fi theme. God help us if 2009 is filled only with games like this.