Anyone despise when the Gamespot crew joins Gbomb videos?

• 175 results
delt31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I love giantbomb which is why I come here and then with great ideas like live video to demo new games for the week, this guy from gamespot sits in (3/13 video) and is so out of place, annoying, boring, not funny, etc (basically demonstrates why gamespot is floundering/boring/not exciting) while the gbomb crew is doing what they always do - chemistry is amazing, I'm kind of annoyed to even have the gamespot involvement because I feel it only brings down the quality. Anyone else feel the same way?

As an example of something that bothered me - this guy from gamespot makes a comment about how he really doesn't like when people come in sick for work after hearing some of the gbomb crew is not feeling well. After vinny explains that this site is much smaller than his - that if one person doesn't come in, they're 50% down in staff, I appreciated gbombs dedication to getting work done and although I understand coming into work sick could lead to further issues, I rather have Vinny (who is so down to earth) explain to this gamespot guy that work is important and sometimes the show needs to go on. The guy from gamespot just came off so annoying for even pointing that out to the guys especially since he did nothing but make bad jokes and should be thankful that his floundering site can even tag onto an up and coming one like gbomb.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not particularly. The only time I've noticed them lately has been the Wednesday night livestream thing they started. That is specifically a Giant Bomb and GameSpot show, so my advice would be to not watch that particular piece of content if it gets too unbearable for you.

Avatar image for superwristbands
SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

No.

I'm totes okay with them showing up every now and then.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Animasta

um, are you not aware that the guy knows that? He was joking, after all, they work in the same building, I'm pretty sure he knows the size of the crew.

Also, that guy was plenty funny.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I like maxwell mcbargins. doing xblig right! It Came From XBoxLive is a great show over on Gamespot. Go watch them right now. I've got so many dumb xblig games on my xbox. whatever, some are pretty good and well worth the $1-$3.

I think the guy you are refering to is chris waters. Yeah, I don't have a lot to say about him. I guess he's the face & host of gamespot? thank god the show didn't end on "peace out". Seriously, UUUUUGH.

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I don't think the new releases show is a "Gbomb" video, it's a collaboration, which probably makes it inherently worse because it's too well produced. I'm okay with them showing up in videos now and then since they're in the same building and I don't despise them doing a show together, but trying to sell some new people to us isn't something I'm into. People aren't even fully accepting of Patrick yet and he's been there over a year.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#7  Edited By LordAndrew

They need to add a feature that blocks new threads that mention GameSpot from being created on Wednesdays.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think the new releases show is a "Gbomb" video, it's a collaboration, which probably makes it inherently worse because it's too well produced.

too well produced? I have no idea what that means unless you're talking about those "awesome" cuts to the shame room.

benjo_t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

I like a lot of the GameSpot crew, and I'm more than happy to see a weekly show where they drop in on the Giant Bomb crew. It's a little bit of variety midweek, the more the merrier.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By Snail

I keep missing this show. But you're exaggerating, I've seen them on videos before and even though GameSpotters seem much less comfortable during a livestream I don't see why I'd "despise" them at all.

Also, I like when Ryan yells at them. Particularly when he yells at Tom McShea.

villainy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By villainy

I haven't been to GameSpot in years but I like Chris Waters after seeing him on Giant Bomb a few times. Maxwell is a bit too.. enthusiastic? For my taste but that's fine. So far I think the new release shows have been pretty good and I'm all for adding live content.

I know what it's like to work with basically a skeleton crew. I don't care how important you are, coming into work when you're legitimately sick is stupid. Work from home if you can, even better actually rest and come back in healthy. Instead of having Ryan out sick for a few days now the entire office is working sick AND Jeff is out sick for at least a couple days.

Finally.. I'm cool with Giant Bomb and GB. You can keep your "Gbomb" though.

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By HerbieBug

I don't really enjoy the new releases show, but the Gamespot cameos in the Starcraft QL were a lot of fun. Just depends on the circumstance.

Miketakon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Get used to it...the merger is coming.

Avatar image for thephantomstranger
ThePhantomStranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

'Despise' seems a bit childish...

A few things:

• New show in it's infancy
  • GameSpot guys/gals serve a different demographic
  • A new perspective is always nice
Avatar image for oscar__explosion
Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By Oscar__Explosion

@delt31:

No.

Morbid_Coffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes Gamespot is terrible and so is Patrick and Giant Bomb should be nothing but 24 hours of Endurance Run quick looks with Vinny and Jeff even though they're bad at video games and should never play video games unless they become pro at them.

WHERE IS THE BOMBCAST?????

Egg0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm fine with it. It's lacking in Giancarlo Varanini though. Also it was great to see Ryan Mac show up, haven't seen that dude since I stopped going to Gamespot. Dude seemed pumped to shill his GS stuff.

MoltenBoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

No.

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@animasta: I just meant that it seems like they're used to being more professional and less casual than Giant Bomb. Like they don't trust the viewers to keep watching if they don't keep stuff happening all the time. It feels to me like that's the type of show they usually run. Ryan dips into it sometimes when he's hosting TNT.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Will GameSpot hate replace Patrick hate? It's nice to change things up every now and then.

MoldyMime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MoldyMime

Tonight's new releases show was a lot better than the one last week. Maxwell fits right in, he should switch teams.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not really a fan of it. I'd rather just have the Giant Bomb guys and guests like Brad Muir.

Tenebre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't mind it at all. I'm too busy being entertained to hate on anyone ;D

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#24  Edited By golguin

No. I really enjoyed Unprofessional Wednesday today or whatever they decide to call it. It had a real "just making shit up as we go" vibe.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@delt31:

No.

seriously- they're fine, and it's nice to get different perspectives from time to time. it's a little tribalistic and strange to demand a homogeneous giant bomb.

Zornack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Zornack

No, they seem pretty great. I'm already a fan of The Waters and Max was a lot better this week than last.

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@rjayb89 said:

Will GameSpot hate replace Patrick hate? It's nice to change things up every now and then.

Just like Patrick hate replaced Alex hate. The cycle continues.

leinad44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Get used to it...the merger is coming.

I'll get the foil hat!

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone despise when someone calls this site Gbomb?

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By pyrodactyl

It's great they try to mix things up. That Maxwell dude fits right in and the other guys are good to. Some members of this community should try behing less xenophobic.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not at all.

I found several (but not all) of the Gamespot people quite fun and entertaining. Also on the plus side they were actually good/professional at playing games? /gasp! It was a refreshing taste of competency in contrast to GB crew usual floundering and sometimes embarrassing over ineptness at videogames.

Overall I find this Wednesday show very refreshing from the same stuff GB keeps doing over and over. Some of their standard shticks are starting to wear thin. It's a nice new mix that's keeping things interesting, something a little bit different. (the extra ribbing of each other on reviews is fun too). Today's show also felt much less awkward then the first one, so they are already improving in this area. And for all that I would like to say:

Good job.

To both the GB crew and the Gamespot guys/gals.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#32  Edited By FLStyle

Maxwell was awesome tonight.

HaltIamReptar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish a child didn't make this thread, because this thread is valid. Now you just got people jumping down a poorly thought out argument's back, instead of discussing the real issue of how terrible the Gamespot people makes the Wednesday live show.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean I don't despise it but it's not something I plan to ever watch again.

Morbid_Coffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Compared to last week, the Gamespot crew was much better overall this week. Still not quite there, but making the effort. Plus it's more people for Ryan to act like an asshole to, so there's a bonus thing.

My biggest gripe with the Gamespot people is they rely way too much on dumb internet humor, which makes them come off as really awkward. Even worse when one of the internet jokes fall flat, and they repeat it again 5 minutes later hoping for a reaction again.

Patrick's perfect timing on "PEACE OUT" tonight? That was amazing. Gamespot needs to learn to do more of that.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36  Edited By Milkman

No because I'm not a child.

All the GameSpot guys were great today. Get over it.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morbid_coffee: what specifically are you talking about? if it's the for the wid stuff I believed him when he said Drew said it.

delt31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the majority of you guys are way too forgiving. Gamespot folks are bringing down what makes this site so great - chemistry. You can't just have a revolving door like ign or gamespot so when you add in random people, it really breaks down what makes this site so great.

btw - i'm not a child either - although i have been drinking ; ). Seriously though, giant bomb/GB is such a great website and I'm all about letting ideas manifest but these gamespot combos seem so forced and totally unnecessary and something being done to get gamespot a little more relevant/attention b/c its obviously going in the opposite direction as GB, hence the buyout.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No I don't despise it. Or hate it. Or dislike it. Or am slightly annoyed by it. Or am indifferent do it. In fact, I like it.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By mrfluke

the show is alright, the gamespot guys are getting better meshing with giantbomb,

kinda still wanna punch chris watters though

maxwell and eric i find mesh better with the GB crew, glad to see ryan macdonald back on camera for a bit.

vinny and ryan sitting together talking was the best thing for the show, those guys carried this weeks show,

FunkasaurasRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@delt31: It must be uncomfortable having your head so far up your ass.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@delt31: or, you know, we found them reasonably funny?

but nope we obviously are just ignoring THE CHEMISTRY.

Mastorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Mastorn

@morbid_coffee:

Yes Gamespot is terrible and so is Patrick and Giant Bomb should be nothing but 24 hours of Endurance Run quick looks with Vinny and Jeff even though they're bad at video games and should never play video games unless they become pro at them.

WHERE IS THE BOMBCAST?????

This is what I want.

In all seriousness I have found the Gamespot cameos/The New Release Show a bit jarring since I only ever started following video game news because I stumbled upon the arrow pointing down podcast. However, I find Vinny/Jeff/Ryan/Brad/Drew entertaining enough that the Gamespots/Alexs/Patricks of the world don't bother me much. I think positioning the sites as more of over the top faux rivals would have more entertainment value and the potential for funnier collaboration features/videos. This would make collaboration harder since it would take more thought and preproduction work which would in turn ensure that neither site becomes too diluted by the other because they would do it less.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#44  Edited By FluxWaveZ

The Maxwell person is great. I haven't found the rest to be all that entertaining yet.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, sir. I like new faces. ~ I remember the old GB days '08. It kinda just gets hard to think of fresh topics. ~ I really liked Maxwell. Chris is cool. And I still enjoyed Carolyn's attending. She does good interviews.

mak_wikus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By mak_wikus

Jesus Christ, no.

PEACE OUT!

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

Aside from that Naruto guy, not really.

However that dude...

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#48  Edited By Slag

It's only the second show, chemistry like the Giant Bomb guys have takes time to develop. The Giant Bomb crew has been together for years. Chris Waters seemed a lot more natural in the flow this time than last week. And that Maxwell seems to get the general vibe of a Giant Bomb joint. Eric Tay too in his own way.

I'll always like the Giant Bomb guys better, but the Gamespot people who were on today weren't bad.

I found several (but not all) of the Gamespot people quite fun and entertaining. Also on the plus side they were actually good/professional at playing games? /gasp! It was a refreshing taste of competency in contrast to GB crew usual floundering and sometimes embarrassing over ineptness at videogames.

I wouldn't go so far as to say the Giant Bomb guys are inept, they just frankly seem like they don't do any prep work before a live cast. There's a learning curve and groove that it takes anybody to get into to be reasonably competent at a game. Not to mention since they tend to skip tutorials and cutscenes they often miss key instructions. If they just played some of these games for an hour or two before Quick Looking it they would probably cut down on 90% of that.

Can't say I enjoy the GS personalties nearly as much as the GB guys, but I do agree that is was nice to see that they were prepared and knowledgeable about what they were playing.

I like the gonzo winging it style the Giant Bomb crew has for the Lulz, but often I wish the crew would do at least a little bit of fact checking and research before launching into a Quick Look. I was hoping the move to CBS would involve some of that.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Not despise, but to quote Adam Jensen - "I never asked for this".

gogosox82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think your overreacting. The GS crew is fine and remember its a new show so there is going to be issues with how the show flows because its new and their trying to figure it out. Just give some time for the show to become better and more structured. Personally, I really like the new show. Its fun getting new people in here and talking about video games since we already know the GB crew's opinoin on video games for the most part. Like that one guy who was playing arma. While i didn't agree with him. It was still nice to see arma get some attention.