Anyone here kind of not wanting Dragon Age to come out?

• 62 results
Donk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Donk
@Pazy said:
" @Donk said:
" @Heartagram said:
" How can you kill what is already dead "
Thank you. Someone that at least knows that this game is kind of heading for failure unless they make some major changes. "

PC gaming is not dead, its only the uninformed who perpetuate that myth. PC is a diffrent beast from consoles. It doesnt stand in front of shops sellings its wares or appear on TV touting its awesomeness.

To compare PC gaming and Console gaming based on "NPD" numbers, which dont cover Digital Distribution (which is where PC gaming is and is headed), subscription numbers (all the MMO's?) and places outside of the US (its well known PC gaming is a lot more populer in europe), is an unfair comparison since console games are focused on things that appeal to NPD's and PC gaming is not.

Take a lot around other than the top level and there is a lot of buzz for PC games, its just not in the mainsteam as normal console games are.

"
Except that Dragon Age is doing both standing in front of shops selling its wares AND appearing on TV. :P
Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52  Edited By Pazy
@Donk said:
" @Pazy said:
" @Donk said:
" @Heartagram said:
Thank you. Someone that at least knows that this game is kind of heading for failure unless they make some major changes. "

PC gaming is not dead, its only the uninformed who perpetuate that myth. PC is a diffrent beast from consoles. It doesnt stand in front of shops sellings its wares or appear on TV touting its awesomeness.

To compare PC gaming and Console gaming based on "NPD" numbers, which dont cover Digital Distribution (which is where PC gaming is and is headed), subscription numbers (all the MMO's?) and places outside of the US (its well known PC gaming is a lot more populer in europe), is an unfair comparison since console games are focused on things that appeal to NPD's and PC gaming is not.

Take a lot around other than the top level and there is a lot of buzz for PC games, its just not in the mainsteam as normal console games are.

"
Except that Dragon Age is doing both standing in front of shops selling its wares AND appearing on TV. :P "
You misunderstand what I mean. Its about what it means and stands for. Console gaming is a about mass-appeal and PC gaming about Niche Titles. How about you reply to the rest of the comment and not the one you can use for your own purposes?
c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By c1337us

I'm confused by OP.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#54  Edited By ArbitraryWater

This thread is trolling. How could the unlikely failure of a single multiplatform game destroy the entire PC market?

pfunk13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By pfunk13

this is foolish you don't want the game don't play.  You could get a billion names, and that wouldn't stop them from putting out the game they've already spent money on hundreds of us have already pre-ordered.  I can't be positive that the game is going to be great, but if it falls short of my expectations thats's only casue i've played the other BG games and loved them. 

I suggest you go play the old games, than see if you want to play the new one.
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#56  Edited By RHCPfan24
@ArbitraryWater said:
" A new user is posting something incredibly stupid with no sound evidence to back it up? How many of these guys have we had? Just walk away and let the mods deal with him. "
I have to agree. This topic is pretty stupid, and judging by Donk's other topics, I can't really take this guy seriously.
vilhelmnielsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#57  Edited By vilhelmnielsen

*Insert pictue of facepalming Picard here*

Donk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Donk
@Pazy said:
" @Donk said:
" @Pazy said:
" @Donk said:
" @Heartagram said:

"
Except that Dragon Age is doing both standing in front of shops selling its wares AND appearing on TV. :P "
You misunderstand what I mean. Its about what it means and stands for. Console gaming is a about mass-appeal and PC gaming about Niche Titles. How about you reply to the rest of the comment and not the one you can use for your own purposes? "
So it's really just that black and white? The Sims 3 is a niche title and Disgaea 3 is for mass-appeal? You can say all the shit you want but if you're not going to be reasonable then why should I listen?
Donk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Donk
@pfunk13 said:
" this is foolish you don't want the game don't play.  You could get a billion names, and that wouldn't stop them from putting out the game they've already spent money on hundreds of us have already pre-ordered.  I can't be positive that the game is going to be great, but if it falls short of my expectations thats's only casue i've played the other BG games and loved them.  I suggest you go play the old games, than see if you want to play the new one. "
God, thank you for finally putting out the point there. Yes, if the game falls short of expectations it's only cause you've played the other BG games. Fucking exactly.
Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60  Edited By Pazy
@Donk said:

" @Pazy said:
" @Donk said:
" @Pazy said:
" @Donk said:
" @Heartagram said:
" How can you kill what is already dead "Thank you. Someone that at least knows that this game is kind of heading for failure unless they make some major changes. "PC gaming is not dead, its only the uninformed who perpetuate that myth. PC is a diffrent beast from consoles. It doesnt stand in front of shops sellings its wares or appear on TV touting its awesomeness.
To compare PC gaming and Console gaming based on "NPD" numbers, which dont cover Digital Distribution (which is where PC gaming is and is headed), subscription numbers (all the MMO's?) and places outside of the US (its well known PC gaming is a lot more populer in europe), is an unfair comparison since console games are focused on things that appeal to NPD's and PC gaming is not.Take a lot around other than the top level and there is a lot of buzz for PC games, its just not in the mainsteam as normal console games are. "Except that Dragon Age is doing both standing in front of shops selling its wares AND appearing on TV. :P "You misunderstand what I mean. Its about what it means and stands for. Console gaming is a about mass-appeal and PC gaming about Niche Titles. How about you reply to the rest of the comment and not the one you can use for your own purposes? "So it's really just that black and white? The Sims 3 is a niche title and Disgaea 3 is for mass-appeal? You can say all the shit you want but if you're not going to be reasonable then why should I listen? "

Im being perfectly reasnoble but your just crafting such a trollish/flamebait topic that if you arent super specific it flys past your ears. I never said it was black and white, perhaps I gave you too much credit to realise that the world isnt black and white and when someone says something about such a big and grand topic that they can never be truly specific. Yes Sims 3 has mass appeal and that is purely what its made for but I was talking about PC gaming in general.

This is worthless to talk about, this is a trolling flamebait topic and always will be no matter how much I actually discuss with reasnoble ideas and even if it does get through to you it will have no affect on the PC gaming industry for all the reasons I have specificed before. If you care for a reply to whatever hairbrained idea you have come up with for why PC gaming will die then you can probably just copy and paste one of my previous responses and it will cover it and trump it.

For me this topic is over and any involvment I have with you is over since I dont like Trolls or Flamebait.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#61  Edited By crusader8463

If your not called
a) A Fag
b) A Retard
c) A Douche Bag
d) All the above

At least half a dozen times an hour then your not on the internet. So get used to it or GTFO the internet you gay retarded douche bag! ^_^

SgtThom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By SgtThom

No Caption Provided