Anyone here kind of not wanting Dragon Age to come out?

• 62 results
Donk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Donk

Here' s my reasoning. If people think that it's going to be as Baldur's Gate (which I haven't played) and it isn't some people think that it's going to destroy PC gaming which I don't want to happen.  

Who here would sign a petitiion if one was started?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee2492b629bb
deactivated-5ee2492b629bb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wat

CoverlessTech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By CoverlessTech

What the hell are you talking about? Sign a petition to stop a great game from coming out? GTFO.

Donk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Donk
@CoverlessTech said:
" What the hell are you talking about? Sign a petition to stop a great game from coming out? GTFO. "
Well that's the thing. If I knew it was going to be a great game then of course I would want it to come out but with all the negative early press coming in I'd rather it not, y'know?
CoverlessTech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CoverlessTech

If it's not good then don't buy it. Signing a petition to stop it from coming just because it might be bad is retarded. It's BioWare and everything so far(save for the sex stuff) has looked amazing.

DerekDanahy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By DerekDanahy
@Donk said:

and it isn't some people think that it's going to destroy PC gaming which I don't want to happen.   Who here would sign a petitiion if one was started? "

How is Dragon Age going to kill PC gaming?
atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By atejas
@Donk said:
Baldur's Gate (which I haven't played)
Not only are you doing yourself a great disservice, but you have no right to comment on whether or not it will 'resemble' BG enough and what that means for PC gaming.
mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By mracoon

I really don't see how one single game could destroy PC gaming.

Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By Out_On_Bail

First of all, I don't sign stupid internet petitions. 

Second point I'd like to make is this: It's stupid to try to stop a game from coming out. Regardless of your reasoning (which in this case is stupid in itself).  Dragon Age will be a decent game I hope, and if not no big deal. Trying to stop it with some dumb internet petition is just crazy.  

harrisonave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By harrisonave

This... makes no sense at all.  There are a million bad games like this on the PC already.  If people think the release of one specific game is going to destroy an entire platform, then there are obviously bigger problems than Dragon Age to worry about.

Shouldn't this be in the Dragon Age forum, anyway?

Haggard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Haggard

I don't see how it could kill PC gaming. And if on release it's found to be crap, don't buy it.

Steve_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Steve_C

This is a bit silly. I think PC is still going to be the ideal way to play Dragon Age. Enjoy the game.

killdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By killdave

sign to stop a game coming out?

are you fucking mad?

dragon age i'll look forward to

Donk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Donk
@DerekDanahy said:
" @Donk said:

and it isn't some people think that it's going to destroy PC gaming which I don't want to happen.   Who here would sign a petitiion if one was started? "

How is Dragon Age going to kill PC gaming? "
This is what I saw from gamingforce.com and it said that because of the state of PC gaming if the most highly anticipated PC game comes out and bombs (which it seems like it will from what people are saying about the previews) that it could maybe not kill PC gaming entirely but definitely morbidly wound it.
Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Seedofpower
@atejas said:
" @Donk said:
Baldur's Gate (which I haven't played)
Not only are you doing yourself a great disservice, but you have no right to comment on whether or not it will 'resemble' BG enough and what that means for PC gaming. "

What he said.
ryno9881

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By ryno9881
@Seedofpower: you are mad, sir
sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#17  Edited By sjschmidt93

Lolwut?

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#18  Edited By ArbitraryWater

A new user is posting something incredibly stupid with no sound evidence to back it up? How many of these guys have we had? Just walk away and let the mods deal with him.

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Seedofpower
@RYNO9881:  I'm I angery or crazy?
EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By EvilTwin
@Donk said:
"Who here would sign a petitiion if one was started? "
Regardless of how questionable I find this thread, I think you have your answer.
gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By gike987
@Donk said:
This is what I saw from gamingforce.com and it said that because of the state of PC gaming if the most highly anticipated PC game comes out and bombs (which it seems like it will from what people are saying about the previews) that it could maybe not kill PC gaming entirely but definitely morbidly wound it. "
I haven't read a preview saying that they think this game will fail. Ether you're a troll or you are not the smartest guy.
bubahula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By bubahula

lol wow this is just.....the dumbest thing
Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TheMustacheHero

Petitions do nothing.

Especially on the internet.

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#24  Edited By Cube

OP apparently has a crayon for a brain.

Go away.

thecleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By thecleric
@Donk said:
" @DerekDanahy said:
" @Donk said:

This is what I saw from gamingforce.com and it said that because of the state of PC gaming if the most highly anticipated PC game comes out and bombs (which it seems like it will from what people are saying about the previews) that it could maybe not kill PC gaming entirely but definitely morbidly wound it. "
Firstly, that has no evidence what so ever. Shit I could say 'if halo doesn't sell, Xbox will die. If God of War doesn't sell, Playstation will die.' and secondly, Dragon Age is not a 'huge' PC game. Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, Half-Life 3, etc, those are big pc games.
Matfei90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#26  Edited By Matfei90
@Donk said:
" @DerekDanahy said:
" @Donk said:

Haha. I love Bioware, but I think Starcraft 2/Diablo 3 supersedes Dragon Age as the 'most highly anticipated PC game' upcoming.

If Dragon Age bombs, it won't do anything to affect the state of PC gaming.
trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27  Edited By trophyhunter

that might be the dumbest thing I ever heard

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Pazy

PC gaming has very little chance of dying since its so decentralised. If Microsoft has a company falls then Apple/GNU (or others) can take its place. If Nvidia falls then ATI is sitting there, if both fall there are other small Graphics Card makes to take there place (I beleive Intel is working on one). If Intel fails in the CPU market then AMD takes it place or other smaller CPU manufacturor. If Steam as a distribution platform falls then Direct2Drive takes its place.

Repeat ad nauseum.

Symphony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#29  Edited By Symphony

I seem to have stumbled onto a pack of lions taking down the weakest gazelle. I'm gonna turn around and walk the other way.

PS: Welcome to GB, Donk. :)

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Pazy
@Symphony said:
"PS: Welcome to GB, Donk. :) "
Where if you say something stupid you get smacked in the face violently and if you say something smart theres still a 50/50 chance of getting smacked in the face? lol Well its a better chance than most forums.
Muttinus_Rump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Muttinus_Rump

Hahaha...

XmassCthulhu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#32  Edited By XmassCthulhu

Yeah, there's no way the hypothetical failure of a single game could possibly kill PC gaming. This is a non-controversy.

mikeeegeee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By mikeeegeee

GUYS. I think you are all missing the point! The point of the matter is not how valid a scenario like this is, but the magnitude of a scenario like this. We're talking about the END of PC GAMING as we KNOW IT! Holy fucking shit!

In other news, I just made an Earth-shattering bowel movement and I suspect that Tokyo is now fucked as a result!

Ubiquitous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Ubiquitous

Okayyyyy. umm... No.

thecleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By thecleric
@Symphony said:
" I seem to have stumbled onto a pack of lions taking down the weakest gazelle. I'm gonna turn around and walk the other way.  PS: Welcome to GB, Donk. :) "
The weakest gazelle that just made a crack about the lion's mama
breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#36  Edited By breadfan
@Donk said:
Who here would sign a petitiion if one was started?
Petitioning the release of games is a joke. Especially in this case, Dragon Age looks like it's going to be amazing.  

Can't wait for it to come out
ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#37  Edited By ch13696

Wow. Are you also one of those global warming people also. Cause this situation sounds just like that. "If you start using energy saving light bulbs then you will save the earth from global warming."

Anyways, if that website said anything close to what resembles PC gaming dying because of the game. Then they probably meant that Bioware will stop making PC games if it fails on the PC. Like everyone else is saying, it's companies like Valve and Blizzard that keep PC gaming alive. And Bethesda.

Now because you said that...I want to play Neverwinter Nights 2.

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#38  Edited By Ineedaname

=/ As if one game would kill the industry.

I still play and love BG and IWD, I also am stoked for Dragon Age and can't wait to get my hands on it.
Also has there been bad press? I've missed all of that =(

However I've never even heard of  gamingforce.com, not to say anything on it's credibility because I've not heard of it, but then I went on it, and one of the threads was "This forum used to be so active.." with people saying things like one game will kill an industry no wonder.

Donk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Donk
@Ineedaname said:
" =/ As if one game would kill the industry.   I still play and love BG and IWD, I also am stoked for Dragon Age and can't wait to get my hands on it.Also has there been bad press? I've missed all of that =(  However I've never even heard of  gamingforce.com, not to say anything on it's credibility because I've not heard of it, but then I went on it, and one of the threads was "This forum used to be so active.." with people saying things like one game will kill an industry no wonder. "
Hey, one game killed the industry before why not again? 
I'm not saying that it will definitely happen but why chance it? I'm telling all of my friends not to buy the game just in case.
Heartagram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#40  Edited By Heartagram

How can you kill what is already dead

Donk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Donk
@Heartagram said:
" How can you kill what is already dead "
Thank you. Someone that at least knows that this game is kind of heading for failure unless they make some major changes.
Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Pazy
@Donk said:

" @Ineedaname said:
" =/ As if one game would kill the industry.   I still play and love BG and IWD, I also am stoked for Dragon Age and can't wait to get my hands on it.Also has there been bad press? I've missed all of that =(  However I've never even heard of  gamingforce.com, not to say anything on it's credibility because I've not heard of it, but then I went on it, and one of the threads was "This forum used to be so active.." with people saying things like one game will kill an industry no wonder. "Hey, one game killed the industry before why not again? I'm not saying that it will definitely happen but why chance it? I'm telling all of my friends not to buy the game just in case. "

You mean ET? That only killed the industry in america. Also that was the Console industry not the PC industry. As ive said before in this thread PC gaming can never be killed since its so decentralised.

Console's could be "killed" (though not easily) since if the owners of a console fall since they put all there money into one failed basket (which is unlikely since they learned there lessons from the past) then they could fall and very few companies are up to the task of making a console. If Microsoft fall in the PC industry then there are many OS's to take there place, same for every other aspect of PC gaming.

Your being very extreme, this game is not what PC gaming is pinning its hopes on (in fact it isnt pinning its hopes on anything since its a collection of things not one company). This game does not speak for the industry in terms of direction and this game does not have all the money for PC gaming riding on it.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By mordukai
  1. How can a multi platform release destroy the PC gaming? 
  2. The game isn't even out and you are already condemning it?
  3. Why don't you play the game yourself when it comes out and make up your own damn mind?
  4. Has Bioware EVER failed before?
  5. What are you on dude?
  6. How come this thread didn't get locked yet?  
jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By jNerd
@CoverlessTech said:

" What the hell are you talking about? Sign a petition to stop a great game from coming out? GTFO. "

Agreed, Donk you're a fuckin tard bro. PC gaming is dieing anyways & the few staples it has will never go away. 
Dragon Age is going to come out & be a beautiful Oblivion-Mass Effect baby & the world will REJOICE.
I would rather sign a petition to ban you from GB.

@Donk

said:

" @Heartagram said:

Thank you. Someone that at least knows that this game is kind of heading for failure unless they make some major changes. "

Get your stupid troll ass of of GB we don't want your kind here. 

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Pazy
@Donk said:
" @Heartagram said:
Thank you. Someone that at least knows that this game is kind of heading for failure unless they make some major changes. "

PC gaming is not dead, its only the uninformed who perpetuate that myth. PC is a diffrent beast from consoles. It doesnt stand in front of shops sellings its wares or appear on TV touting its awesomeness.

To compare PC gaming and Console gaming based on "NPD" numbers, which dont cover Digital Distribution (which is where PC gaming is and is headed), subscription numbers (all the MMO's?) and places outside of the US (its well known PC gaming is a lot more populer in europe), is an unfair comparison since console games are focused on things that appeal to NPD's and PC gaming is not.

Take a lot around other than the top level and there is a lot of buzz for PC games, its just not in the mainsteam as normal console games are.

Bald3rdash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Bald3rdash
@Donk said:
" Here' s my reasoning. I'm not quite right in the head and think that if a bad PC game comes out it will destroy PC gaming.  I am a giant tool.  A tool who likes such flicks as 'Fun with Dick and Jane' and 'The Game Plan.' "
 I fixed your post for you.
Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Pazy

Now that Ive posted here multiple times I had to think, why? This is just a troll thread and dosent deserve my, or anyone elses, attention. At the very least this kind of thread is only tolerated from seasoned members of the community but Donk is not a seasoned member and comes off a troll just wishing to have his opinion validated.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By mordukai

How come every gaming generation you have the ones the keep saying that PC games are dead or dying but here we are and PC game are very much alive.  

Just to let you know. I not a PC gamer and I don't even own a gaming PC, but your claim has been echoed for many years now. 

Heartagram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#49  Edited By Heartagram
@Pazy said:
" @Donk said:
" @Heartagram said:

PC gaming is not dead, its only the uninformed who perpetuate that myth. PC is a diffrent beast from consoles. It doesnt stand in front of shops sellings its wares or appear on TV touting its awesomeness.

To compare PC gaming and Console gaming based on "NPD" numbers, which dont cover Digital Distribution (which is where PC gaming is and is headed), subscription numbers (all the MMO's?) and places outside of the US (its well known PC gaming is a lot more populer in europe), is an unfair comparison since console games are focused on things that appeal to NPD's and PC gaming is not.

Take a lot around other than the top level and there is a lot of buzz for PC games, its just not in the mainsteam as normal console games are.

"
That was just a joke seeing as Pc gaming has died about a hundred times according to journalists and enthusiasts
Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Pazy
@Heartagram said:
" @Pazy said:
" @Donk said:
" @Heartagram said:

"
That was just a joke seeing as Pc gaming has died about a hundred times according to journalists and enthusiasts "

Though it is pleasing to know you at least have some sense the joke didnt come across to well since everyone else is essentially on "troll alert" for the moment because of the nature of this thread.