Anyone in Canada watch Reviews on the Run?

RedRoach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By RedRoach

i watch it all the time on G4techTV, and have been wondering if anyone watches it. For Americans, they used to have it their, it was called judgment day, the host is Victor Lucas (EP daily) also the hold co-host was Tommy Tallirico AKA creator of video games live.

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By fr0br0

I used to love that show (Judgment Day). Then G4 went to the crapper and scraped 98% of their original material with 99% crap. 

And did Tommy leave or something?

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By beargirl1

i used to watch that show on SPACE all the time, it was awesome! 
then i got G4 and now i watch it sometimes  

@Fr0Br0 said:

And did Tommy leave or something? "
seems like it :( 
idgitt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By idgitt

Yes! All the time, amazing show.

RedRoach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RedRoach

Yeah he left a couple years ago, he couldn't manage the show and Video Games Live. Since then their have been many hosts, but there is a new permanent one this season... ps you can watch all their reviews at:
 http://reviewsontherun.com/    i thinks it's a bad site, but you can watch their reviews if u want. PS Tommy does make guests appearances every once in a while.

Burns098356GX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Burns098356GX

I hate the show, they rip up a game for 5 minutes then give it a 8 out of 10.

RedRoach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RedRoach
@Idgitt: i know, reviews on the run>>>>>>>>>>>x-play
TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By TheFreeMan

I don't have too much faith in their opinions, but I find the show entertaining and informative nonetheless. I usually agree with Vic's opinions, though.

Tommy giving Paper Mario 2 a 4.0 (because it had too much reading) and Vic giving it a 9.0 made me laugh my ass off.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By Red

When I was living in Canada, I loved that show. 

Hangid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Hangid

I DO! or at least a i used to. I sometimes watch it if i can catch it on TV. Man i remember every weekend, when i waited for that show to come on and see the latest games they were talking. And i always hoped they would talk about something i was interested in.   

The problem with Reviews on the Run is that #1: they don't have tommy co-hosting anymore and #2: there usually weeks behind in terms of video game releases and by the time they air the episode, there are already dozens of reviews on the internet. There just too slow nowadays, especially considering that everyone has the internet.  

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By iam3green

i use to watch that show in US, judgment day. since G4 changed i stoped watching the station. i thought it was a entertaining show to watch. tommy was funny on the show, he would be random on the review of accessories. he would say the controller sucks but i found a use for it, i put it in my pants and let the vibrations rock my socks. pretty much what he would say about the items.

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Geno

Don't like it too much. They usually review older games, and the host is a total egomaniac. He always has a guest over but he only lets the guest talk for like 5% of the time. There was this one episode where the host just finished a 10 minute monologue then the guest chimes in with a few words and the host is like "ok that's enough, let me speak". Wtf?
fynne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By fynne

I watch it.  It's pretty entertaining.  For some reason I can't get the latest episodes on TV anymore....only old episodes.  Thank goodness for their website.

Wright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Wright

I used to watch it every week, tommy was awesome.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I liked it when Tommy was on there, kind of lame now, and go look at the Kane and Lynch, not to bring up anything negative but man it seems like they were totally paid an upfront lump of cash to review that game.

RedRoach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By RedRoach
@Bucketdeth:  they sure wouldn't have been the first. I'm not sure if you know this, but Vinny, Ryan, Jeff, and Brad all use to work at gamespot. Jeff worked there for 11 years. no one out side the company knows exactly why he was fired. But most speculate that after his Kane and Lynch review, he was fired for giving it a 6.0. Apparently gamespot was under pressure by K&L's publisher who were advertised on the site, and Jeff was fired. soon after, Ryan quit gamespot to come and work with Jeff who was in the proccess of creating GiantBomb with WhiskeyMedia. a few months after, Vinny and Brad also quit gamespot to come and work at GB. PS this is all speculative, nothing has been proven.
ThisIsTheEnd89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ThisIsTheEnd89

I'm From the US and i used to watch the show on G4 whenever it came on!,Is there anyway i can watch reviews on the run online?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@Jason_Bourne said:
" @Bucketdeth:  they sure wouldn't have been the first. I'm not sure if you know this, but Vinny, Ryan, Jeff, and Brad all use to work at gamespot. Jeff worked there for 11 years. no one out side the company knows exactly why he was fired. But most speculate that after his Kane and Lynch review, he was fired for giving it a 6.0. Apparently gamespot was under pressure by K&L's publisher who were advertised on the site, and Jeff was fired. soon after, Ryan quit gamespot to come and work with Jeff who was in the proccess of creating GiantBomb with WhiskeyMedia. a few months after, Vinny and Brad also quit gamespot to come and work at GB. PS this is all speculative, nothing has been proven. "
I know all of that story, I have been here since the very start of this website because of Jeff's firing, thats why I said "Not to bring up anything negative" because sometimes it can hit a wrong nerve and then I'm getting gang raped online.
NeedleBanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The show is pretty good, but they ain't no angels. It's so obvious that the big video game companies pay off this show to give their games good reviews. The PS4 Need For Speed - 9/10?! The new 3D Mario World - 10/10?!! Oooooookay...

noblenerf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was not a devout viewer of the show, but I found that it was enjoyable when both Victor Lucas and Tommy Tallarico were regularly involved. Victor always attemped to be more fair and balanced reviewer, though he was often softer on games. Tommy, on the other hand, was a more personal reviewer, often giving extreme scores. They balanced eachother out and these differences of opinion made the show interesting to watch while giving some idea of what the game was actually like. I couldn't get into the show after Tommy left - the other people seemed like poor imitations with no chemistry whatsoever.

Thread-related spoiler: (Dang, I just noticed this thread is four years old.. oh well.)

I guess Reviews on the Run has evolved into more of a catch-all review show nowadays. Is anyone still watching? I don't see the appeal anymore, not when a website like Giant Bomb exists for video game coverage.

RedRoach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noblenerf: It's super weird to see a thread I made 4 years ago pop up.

webnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@noblenerf: I drop by their site every now and then and watch a batch of videos, then promptly never visit again for like 6 months. I think it's a weird out of sight out of mind thing. Never had a problem with their reviews, old or more recent. But my favorite period was watching in middle school when Tommy was a host.