Best Premium Content ever?

• 189 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

liquidmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -1

#51  Edited By liquidmatt

Just to throw my opinion in, Ryan obviously said it without malice or meaning, and it doesn't need repeating a billion times by people fighting either side of it. People need to realise when someone makes a meaningful apology about an accident that nearly anyone could have made and move on.

As for the people hating on Brad, I've never understood the issue people seem to take with him, he's one of my favourite duders. People just love to hate I'd guess.

All in all, the internet is the internet, and people act (and react) in ways they shouldn't.

Homer39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By Homer39

I only caught the last 10 minutes or so but yeah that got real uncomfortable real fast.

TMBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Avatar image for acethesuperhero
acethesuperhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By acethesuperhero

Full disclosure, I speak as a gay person. A REAL LIVE ONE!

I recoiled initially, but what's offensive is not the use of the word itself. In fact, when Ryan apologized immediately afterwards because he KNEW it was wrong, I nearly cried (exaggerating) because I have NEVER been shown even that level of respect in the gamer community before - it's always "shut up f*ggot go suck a dick go back to the kitchen" etc etc. And the fact that someone on GB would show respect and humility and APOLOGIZE? That meant a LOT to me.

What's offensive is that you people feel the need to repeat it. As people who don't understand the history of the word or the history of gay oppression, most of you don't have a right to. What's offensive is people thinking it's legitimately right to use "gay" - people's identities - as shorthand for "THIS IS BAD."

I'm not even hurt by it! It just pisses me off.

TyrellOCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#55  Edited By TyrellOCP
The end of tonight's stream.
The end of tonight's stream.
SpydrMrphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By SpydrMrphy

Best Premium Content. EVER!

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#57  Edited By pyromagnestir

Now I go continue to listen to the bombcast from this week and remember what it was like before everything went to hell.

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#58  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator

@kristov_romanov said:

No Caption Provided

@Fattony12000 said:

That went well I thought.

It's over guys.

Great screenshot.. That makes a couple of us look particularly classy.. Haha

I got a 60345 second time out for saying the F word and Ryan gets off scot free. This is a travesty!

ATTILAtheFUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By ATTILAtheFUN

Brad is a dick

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#60  Edited By joshthebear

I saw Ryan's tweet and am now super excited for the archive.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By InternetDotCom

So he didn't say frigate then?

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#62  Edited By Milkman
@liquidmatt: I don't think anyone is legitimately offended about it.
Bob_Loblaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Bob_Loblaw

@DarkDude said:

@Bob_Loblaw said:

I think Drew's gentle 'I'm going to turn the stream off now Brad, ok' at the end was the best.

I disagree. I wanted to see Brad play trials :(

I think if he had played Trials in that state of mind and atmosphere of tension then he truly would have gone postal.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#64  Edited By MEATBALL

@PresidentOfJellybeans said:

Will LMAO, went crazy for a sec and pushed 2 of 3 lanterns left into monster. I miss Will so much.

Berman Braun agent sent to dismantle Giant Bomb from within.

cptjet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By cptjet

How long before another game website takes what happened and uses it for an article I wonder.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#66  Edited By Claude

I thought it was funny as shit. And Brad quits games like me. When I'm done, it's over for everyone.

DT9k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By DT9k

Whoops!

acethesuperhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By acethesuperhero

This just in: member subscriptions paying for anger management training for the GB crew.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Dany

@acethesuperhero said:

I recoiled initially, but what's offensive is not the use of the word itself. In fact, when Ryan apologized immediately afterwards because he KNEW it was wrong, I nearly cried (exaggerating) because I have NEVER been shown even that level of respect in the gamer community before - it's always "shut up f*ggot go suck a dick go back to the kitchen" etc etc. And the fact that someone on GB would show respect and humility and APOLOGIZE? That meant a LOT to me.

What's offensive is that you people feel the need to repeat it. As people who don't understand the history of the word or the history of gay oppression, most of you don't have a right to. What's offensive is people thinking it's legitimately right to use "gay" - people's identities - as shorthand for "THIS IS BAD."

I agree with your sentiment. It was a slip of the tongue.

smitty86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By smitty86

@Fattony12000 said:

No Caption Provided

That went well I thought.

It's over guys.

The best part of that pic is the repeated "Chat is over" alerts. Someone has to end the chaos that is occurring below it.

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#71  Edited By YoThatLimp

I thought this was hilarious. I loved every god damn minute of it.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#72  Edited By The_Nubster

While I don't think that the way he said it was offensive and that the context is very important to consider, some people do take offense to that word and it's important to be mindful of your audience, especially when your audience is a couple thousand people. Faggot is not a word that everyone has accepted, nor will it be commonly accepted for a very long time (or ever), so it shouldn't be said in a public setting specifically for this reason. And before anyone says that people should grow up, it's not that simple. It's a deep grey area, but I don't think he should be looked down upon for it. He knew that he said something people could take offense to and he seemed genuinely apologetic.

Selftest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#73  Edited By Selftest

Internets gonna internet.

Anything taken out of context sounds terrible. Ryan said a no-no word. Big fucking deal. He appolgized, a few times, and I'm sure he will again. HE WAS PLAYING A VIDEOGAME. If the majority of you don't use horrible language when you play games, I am both impressed and ashamed, because I do.

Also, I think we can all safely say that Ryan (as well as the entirety of the GB crew) is not a homophobe, racist, misogynist, or any other negative-ist. Intent is everything. Listen to Louis C.K. It's just a word without hate attached to it. When directed at someone, it becomes different. But saying something doesn't have it's own hurt associated with it.

dodgyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By dodgyc
@Bob_Loblaw said:

I think Drew's gentle 'I'm going to turn the stream off now Brad, ok' at the end was the best.

He said it in such a way that it felt like he was saying to Brad "Now you stay in this room and think about what you've done!". Brad lived up to his crybaby avatar closer than ever before, at the end there...
dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#75  Edited By dethfish

Ryan immediately felt bad and apologized. I don't think we should make a huge deal about it, but I know this community well enough to know that won't happen.  And Brad totally did do a dick move thing at the end. I'm sure he's right in saying that it wasn't their best run but come on. Wait 5 seconds and see the score. 

Overall I thought it was hilarious, especially how quickly it turned into a fucking train wreck.

deerokus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By deerokus

@Claude: Same here. It doesn't happen often, but I get temper tantrums like that. When I used to play CoD my mates would have a great time listening to my cries of frustration over the mic.

Avatar image for indiana_jenkins
indiana_jenkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#77  Edited By indiana_jenkins

Ryan should just immediately report it to HR.

*Ryan walks into HR office*

"Hey, uhhh... I might have just called a tentacle monster a f***** live on the internet."

"WHAT?!"

ckeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By ckeats

The only thing I don't watch always end up being "THE BEST STREAM EVER"

Goddamn.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By MrKlorox

It was the best piece of premium GB ever. The reactions are waaay overblown and people need to stop pointing fingers.

liquidmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#80  Edited By liquidmatt

@Milkman: Ah sorry, I more meant that the way people reacted in finding such glee in repeating it when Ryan was obviously pretty embarrassed about it, as well as the overreaction, whether offended or not, was worse than any word in that context could've been. Also I hate people hating on Brad, what's the big deal?

Toug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#81  Edited By Toug

Look, we all knew it was gonna end like this. There was no "happily ever after" for the Lantern Run.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Subjugation

The fact that everyone throws around c*nt like no big deal, but suddenly the whole world comes crashing down with faggot highlights a huge hypocritical double standard. You guys need to chill out.

ThineOarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By ThineOarlock

@darkdragonmage99: Its more that is a generally directed curse, instead of just casual cursing. And No one ever says it on air professionally. That being said, he's apologized, and you could CLEARLY tell he felt like SHIT after he said it.

Tidel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#84  Edited By Tidel

Ryan didn't commit hate speech -- he farted with his mouth.

Jace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Jace

@darkdragonmage99 said:

I don't get it these guys play with a dildo bat on camera swear like sailors all the time even drink on the job and somehow faggot is crossing the line ?

They played cards against humanity twice, and used the columbine shooting card, but faggot it too far.

LOGIC.

gkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By gkhan

I didn't even catch it when he said it, I only heard "motherf****r", and then when he started apologizing profusely I was very confused. Had to go to the chat to find out.

BTW, for those of you who didn't catch the stream, in addition to that on their final run (which was one of their better ones), Brad rage-quit before they had a chance to see the score, while everyone was screaming "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?!?", and then it sounded like they all stormed out and Ryan said "Fuck you, Brad!" Brad then started up Trials for about two minutes before Drew came in and was all sweet and "Hey, Brad? I'm turning off the stream now."

Avatar image for bigchickendinner
BigChickenDinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By BigChickenDinner

@acethesuperhero: No one cares that you're gay.

Tidel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#88  Edited By Tidel

@Milkman said:

It went from incredibly hilarious to incredibly uncomfortable to unfuckingbelivably hilarious.

This is accurate.

I don't know if they should post it or not, but I'm glad I was there.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#89  Edited By musubi

Lotta casual homophobia up in here. The fact that Ryan who is blatantly unapologetic with 90% of what he says apologized for it. That in itself should tell you something. And cheers to Ryan for instantly recognizing what he said and making amends for it.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Dany

Is anyone offended by it? like..actually?

dodgyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By dodgyc
@DarkDude said:

@Bob_Loblaw said:

I disagree. I wanted to see Brad play trials :(

Then watch one of the other 3 long videos where Brad has played Trials Evolution. It's good content, but there is such a thing as overkill when watching a man run his bike into a wall for 4 straight hours...
BatmanBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By BatmanBatman

I think any intelligent human being can tell the difference between something said offensively and anything else... I had a blast with stream as usual and hope people don't make a big deal out of this

Avatar image for belligerentengine
BelligerentEngine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah honestly I don't get the fuss(Edit: Though I should mention there wasn't really that much of one (Edit #2: Nvm apparently it is a, "Big Deal" now, sigh...)). I personally find, "Faggot" to be an enjoyable and evocative cuss and thus use it quite regularly though rarely in reference to anything homosexual. People who get overly offended by it's use are defining themselves or others by their sexuality and not who they are as a person. In my personal opinion makes them boring and not worthy of much concern. Of course I'm not going to use it in a professional public forum, but I'm not so sure Giantbomb is really exemplar of such qualities.

Bottom line it's just a word, tone and context define what is and is not appropriate.

Of course if the point someone is trying to make is that, "What occurred may have not been appropriate for a CBS internet broadcast!" I'd be perfectly willing to cede to that argument.

ribbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By ribbs

I think that everybody needs to watch this and and move on. Ryan says one word and the interwebz explode, mabye you guys missed the part were they say very offensive things ALL THE TIME.

also "faggot" from the fine makers of "cunt".

http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s13e12-the-f-word

OldGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By OldGuy
@acethesuperhero said:

Yep. That and "retarded." Those uses piss me off completely.
Avatar image for kristov_romanov
kristov_romanov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#96  Edited By kristov_romanov

Haha, I am watching the latest TNT archive at the moment and Ryan just called Alexis "Classy" for saying "Donkey punch"

Let's think about that.

acethesuperhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By acethesuperhero

@BigChickenDinner: Y'all people are throwing around your big straight "NOBODY CARES IT'S JUST A WORD" e-peens when there's no personal stake in it for you, figured I'd actually give an opinion from a person to whom it matters.

WonderboyCoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By WonderboyCoz

Im sorry if any actual homosexuals were offended but really, I am close with a couple of homosexual men and sure, If someone said that maliciously to their face then yeah but hearing someone say a word in the heat of the moment? bitches leave!

Eojay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Eojay

@Subjugation said:

The fact that everyone throws around c*nt like no big deal, but suddenly the whole world comes crashing down with faggot highlights a huge hypocritical double standard. You guys need to chill out.

This, this, MOTHERFUCKING THIS.

Fuck, Shit, Cunt, Bitch, Fuck You Brad, etc = Fine

Faggot (Directed at an inanimate video game object) = HOLY FUCKING SHIT ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR FUCKING MIND YOU CAN'T SAY THAT!

It's just a word. There was no intent behind it. Get over it.

MolluskLingers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By MolluskLingers

There were two horrific encounters and statements that where misoganystic and bigot towards two repressed groups of humans tonight on this site. I support this site because I enjoyed the content and the staffers didn't resort to hurtful language. It appears I was wrong tonight. I am hoping something is done because my feelings are pretty hurt right now and I don't know if I can continue supporting a site that openly uses inapropriate terms for women and homosexuals in a derogatory fashion. It doesn't matter how mad you get it's not right. Perhaps the GiantBomb crew needs to be educated about why these words are innapropriate and such. I am just dissapointed.