You just double snitched him you NARC!

No Caption Provided

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

As long as they do live streams for the new consoles I will be happy!

Corvak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

TNT was always a sort of "i'll watch depending on the game" thing for me. I always went for the commentary and the crazy chat stuff. That they were playing with the community as opposed to randoms didnt matter all that much, except perhaps a higher average skill level.

We kinda get that same thing in unprofessional fridays - with less set-up time trying to manage online gaming accounts and such to fill matches.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#54  Edited By Kidavenger

Disappointing but understandable.

If they need to get someone else in there to make this stuff happen, I hope they do it sooner rather than later.

porjos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#55  Edited By porjos

@fadedoasis said:

I think this quote fits.

Giant Bomb is an awesome site, and you guys have to keep it awesome, and when you get put in a building full of suits, there is the potential for things to become less awesome. So it's on you guys to hold these guys to their current level of Giant Bomb. It's on you. The moment that they waver, you call them out on it, you call them loudly.

- Rich Gallup, April 7th 2012, Giant Bomb Panel at Pax East 2012.

Hey @jeff, @brad, @vinny, @drewbert, @rorie. I know it sucks that Ryan's gone, but it's been three months. Now that PAX is over, please step up the content. The yearly subscriptions run out in just over three weeks for all the people who signed up for yearlies during the first Big Live Live Show. I'm personally not asking for much, just make something more than UPF.

We all don't know what the team is specifically experiencing or planning on their end, but this was really well stated and I couldn't agree more. Patrick has really been stepping up content, and while I truly love most of it, it's feeling like 'PatrickBomb' lately.

Griffinmills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#56  Edited By Griffinmills
@porjos said:

@fadedoasis said:

I think this quote fits.

Giant Bomb is an awesome site, and you guys have to keep it awesome, and when you get put in a building full of suits, there is the potential for things to become less awesome. So it's on you guys to hold these guys to their current level of Giant Bomb. It's on you. The moment that they waver, you call them out on it, you call them loudly.

Hey @jeff, @brad, @vinny, @drewbert, @rorie. I know it sucks that Ryan's gone, but it's been three months. Now that PAX is over, please step up the content. The yearly subscriptions run out in just over three weeks for all the people who signed up for yearlies during the first Big Live Live Show. I'm personally not asking for much, just make something more than UPF.

We all don't know what the team is specifically experiencing or planning on their end, but this was really well stated and I couldn't agree more. Patrick has really been stepping up content, and while I truly love most of it, it's feeling like 'PatrickBomb' lately.

You folks doing a great job politely stating some difficult to address topics in this thread. I'm with you on the desire for more content. As mentioned we're not really privy to what they have or have not planned and that is just making dialog on the topic hard.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

#57  Edited By Wemibelle

I think everyone's maybe going a little too crazy with complaints about not having enough content. I have no real life and get to stay home all day, every day, and I still have a hard time absorbing the several Quick Looks, Bombcast, two morning shows with Patrick and Alex, UPF, and the usual one or two pieces of premium content every week. We're talking about usually 10+ hours of stuff every week. I understand everything doesn't appeal to everyone and I may be the only one crazy enough to try and make sure I absorb every last piece of GB content and gets the full value out of each week, but I really don't find it anywhere near as dire as everyone seems to want to make it out to be. A new premium feature would be nice, or a return to some old ones (Jar Time please!) in the near future, but it isn't that bad.

As for no BLLSL, I can't really blame them due to recent events. Also, last year's show, aside from a few moments, was extremely boring and inferior to years prior. I don't know how well a show like that works with only one site to produce content for it anymore. A retooling of it for next year may end up working out, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Last years BLLSL was great! Drew Shooting a bow in the office jeff and he`s crazy arcade machine. i think there just afraid off trying to present it them self. Ryan was a natural i making hosts and guests feel home in he`s own way. i guess they have to rent Chris Waters for a while until that situation gets fixed.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

tbh i'm surprised they regrouped as much as they did after losing Ryan, and i think Scoops is doing a bang-up job holding up his end of the content over in the windy apple. i'm thinking there's major changeups and additions that will be happening in the somewhat near future, but i think everything's still a touch too raw to implement those at this time.

i know things are rough, but at the same time i'm really tired of all the doom/gloom/naysaying. there's still a bunch of awesome duders at the office and working for the site, and i have a ton of faith in them all. i'm pretty much someone that will still be paying my subscription even if they just did the bombcast (in its current incarnation/quality with the current guys), so for me it'd probably take everyone leaving and/or substantial drops in quality before i completely give up on them. guess that's neither here nor there, but for the past year and change i've fallen in love with this place, so i've got faith of the heart. :)

Same here, some people were posting about the site being over, and the crew regrouped with amazing 3 man Quick Looks, fantastic stuff from Patrick and Alex, fun live shows, and just a high level of quality overall. They're doing a helluva job, and I have more than enough content to watch every week (hell, I'm still backlogged with a dozen hours).

People underestimate how nuts putting that thing together is. Then the inevitable technical hiccups happen, and Vinny and Drew are changing cables on the fly. If you need a reminder of the craziness and what kind of effect it must have on the staff, let Rorie remind you:

Loading Video...

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean its a bummer, but i completely understand why.

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Akyho

I was watching Brad get the mile high club achievement on youtube from last BLLS and noted the date was about this time. I then thought "hang on if they were going to do a BLLS then we should of have heard somthing?"

I then figured alot of things out and thought that its right not to have the BLLS

The list goes

1: Ryan isnt around any more, so doing it is hard because of this along with he was a dominant host that cant be replaced. Realy Ryan was a huge part of BLLS.

2: They are so short on staff right just for doing the show you need to pull in more people from around Gamespot and you need to have "meetings" for that...they already have "meetings" about "meetings"....I dont know but they have alot of stupid meetings it sounds like.

3: They had a bunch of expensive cameras and gear stolen at E3. Gamespot does not like they are too happy to fork over for cameras just yet.

4: Idea's....what do you do? they are missing alot of Whiskey media that helped it out in past, the last one was still good but not great. (ignore the Sarah Comic vine interview.....comments from chat aside.) Even Sarah is moved out of the office. They just don't have anything or anyone to do it.

5: They have just gotten in from PAX, yeah they powered through it in past but this year is not the same its taken its toll on a lot of people. Doing such an exhaustive show right now? not good for anyones health.

6:There is FUCK all to with games aside from random streams or on Unpro fridays. THEN you have the new consoles out in a few months so nothing is exciting till that happens.

So these are all big reasons to not do it. Hell I think getting TNT back up is a more likely possibility. and I think that I Love mondays is gone forever.

It had been a bastard of a 2 months for us, been a bastard of year to the entire gang it just not wise......

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

Can't beat the conclusion of last year's show.

Loading Video...

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#64  Edited By Hailinel

I can't blame them for not doing it this year. The amount of planning that goes into these is intense, and the staff has had enough troubles to deal with without adding the intense planning that the BLLSL requires to pull off.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 66

Honestly, it's probably for the best. Who knows what horrible things they'd have Alexis eat in an attempt to top 100 nuggets?

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think it makes sense to do one this year. Also to everyone complaining about how there isn't enough content, I think you're kind of underestimating the grieving process. It's been only a little over 2 months. When my girlfriend died, I still had trouble getting out of bed some mornings even a year later. Things that relied heavily on Ryan will probably be very difficult for them, from an emotional standpoint and a production one. I think it's just kind of a shame that when we all found out about Ryan passing we tried to be super understanding, and it only took 2 months for some people's patience to end. Seeing Rorie and Ryan holding hands in that BLLSL promo video up there gave me a bit of a twinge, and I never even met Ryan, imagine how they still feel.

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@porjos said:

@fadedoasis said:

I think this quote fits.

You folks doing a great job politely stating some difficult to address topics in this thread. I'm with you on the desire for more content. As mentioned we're not really privy to what they have or have not planned and that is just making dialog on the topic hard.

I don't think Ryan's passing counts as corporate meddling. So no, I don't think the quote quite fits. But hey, I haven't been a subscriber for a while so I never noticed the lack of premium content. I'm actually surprised at how quickly they got back into the swing of things and put out as much content that they have. I don't disagree with the sentiment that they should be outputting more content to justify people's subscriptions though. That's the difficult part of being in the business of entertainment I suppose. You do have to be able to overcome these things quickly or at the least put them in the back of your mind for the sake of your audience.

Anyways I just think Rich intended to be quoted in the context of the GB guys selling out, not in the event of one of them passing away.

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Lol someone mentioned that TNT was gone, and I completely forgot that existed (never watched). Anyways, rather then a BLLSL, I'd prefer if they just step up on their unique premium content (such as Random PC Game). I didn't like how the site had no content 2 weeks prior to the BLLSL because everyone's working on it, and it would be only worse if they tried it again this year with missing staff (Dave, Patrick, Ryan).

If they start issuing more premium content then that should fulfill the BLLSL's role......or they can do some crazy new idea instead of the BLLSL.

Vuud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man things are getting too glum around here. I don't know if I'll stick around much longer.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcfart: I still want to get Random PC Games back, myself, as well. It's just been tough to juggle schedules. We're also still planning the Pathfinder/RPG stream for sometime in early October, assuming we can get Dave to come in. Hopefully that'll be something we can repeat every couple of weeks.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#71  Edited By Milkman

@fadedoasis said:

I think this quote fits.

I'm sorry but this seems like a pretty shitty thing to say.

I don't disagree with the quote at all but it doesn't apply here at all. Not having a Big Live Live Show has nothing to do with "suits." The reason is pretty obvious and think anyone who would try to call the guys out on not doing it this year is kind of an asshole.

Also, this idea that there is less premium content than before is just not true. The only thing that went away was TNT. These times when everyone was drowning in premium content never existed so stop acting like the site is suddenly barren. Show your work. When were these times when there were hours upon hours of premium content every week? Because I've been here a long time and I don't remember those days.

I know that people will just brush this off as some sort of blind fanboy defense but I think the fact that the content hasn't slowed down and has continued (mostly) unabated in light of everything that has happened this summer is truly a testament to how much all of them care about the site. This idea that they don't care is pretty insulting and comes off as really selfish. Find me another site that could recover so quickly from losing one of its vital core members, not to mention their friend.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

@rorie said:

@mcfart: I still want to get Random PC Games back, myself, as well. It's just been tough to juggle schedules. We're also still planning the Pathfinder/RPG stream for sometime in early October, assuming we can get Dave to come in. Hopefully that'll be something we can repeat every couple of weeks.

You guys are actually doing something with the RPG games you were sent? That is awesome news. Looking forward to that for sure.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By rorie

@immortalsaiyan: Yeah, just have to figure out how to make it fun. I think just getting Vinny in a room and letting him loose on character creation should be a good first step.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: Think you can convince Jeff to play too?

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guys, what if we put on a digitally broadcast, community "driven" (as in, over the side of a cliff) Big Live Live Show Live? Some how, some way, we can bring crazy silliness back to the World Wide Web.

HermanBloom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pr1mus said:

Can't beat the conclusion of last year's show.

Loading Video...

Never actually saw that part of the show last year. Immense scenes. Patrick had the right idea with the beer.

I'm fine with them not doing one this year. I'm contemplating not re-upping my membership but it's not through this and more through lack of time to watch anything even if they did decide to produce it. I feel like a douchebag for not supporting them right now though. Even though I'm sure my £30 isn't a life-changer to any of them.

They'll get more content out in their own time. I'd much rather that, than force the issue and end up with half-hearted stuff.

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie said:

Please please please please please all of this.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: Think you can convince Jeff to play too?

That might be tough but we'll see!

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

Random PC game is begged for with all the stupid games they got down the stretch.

They could do an all FMV version even.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 66

#81  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Random PC game is begged for with all the stupid games they got down the stretch.

They could do an all FMV version even.

I would (continue to) pay money for a semi-regular stream where they just play through bad FMV games that people have sent them. That Phantasmagoria playthrough that Vinny and Dave did is still one of my favorite things on the site.

nights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The Ripper play through is amazing as well.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By jakob187

NO BIG LIVE LIVE SHOW LIVE?!

COME ON, MAN!

So fucking bummed out about this right now.

I got to talk to Gary Whitta on the Big Red Phone. That shit was fucking awesome! I also remember not being able to get through on the line with @rorie to win me a shitty movie poster. I would give my right fucking LEG right now for a BLLSL to happen.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#84  Edited By BisonHero

@fattony12000 said:

Guys, what if we put on a digitally broadcast, community "driven" (as in, over the side of a cliff) Big Live Live Show Live? Some how, some way, we can bring crazy silliness back to the World Wide Web.

I would probably watch something put on by former GB interns, forum mods, and other active community members. But realistically, that would be a lot of work to promote...what? A website that they're tangentially related to, but not actually staff members of?

As cool as it was, the BLLSL has always existed to drum up subscribers by showing them the sort of video content they would otherwise miss out on (or something, since there usually isn't a ton of crossover between BLLSL and premium content, aside from Patrick awkwardly premiering Spookin' and Jurassic Lark, and Brad finally finishing the Mile High Club).

Plus, the community probably wouldn't have quite the same pull to get very many notable developers or weird guests, though maybe Kessler could rope in some people that he plays Dota 2 with (Greg and Amir from Supergiant, or does Kessler only know them through Brad?).

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By fattony12000

@fattony12000 said:

I would probably watch something put on by former GB interns, forum mods, and other active community members. But realistically, that would be a lot of work to promote...what? A website that they're tangentially related to, but not actually staff members of?

As cool as it was, the BLLSL has always existed to drum up subscribers by showing them the sort of video content they would otherwise miss out on (or something, since there usually isn't a ton of crossover between BLLSL and premium content, aside from Patrick awkwardly premiering Spookin' and Jurassic Lark, and Brad finally finishing the Mile High Club).

Plus, the community probably wouldn't have quite the same pull to get very many notable developers or weird guests, though maybe Kessler could rope in some people that he plays Dota 2 with (Greg and Amir from Supergiant, or does Kessler only know them through Brad?).

I was thinking more along these lines...

http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/general-discussion-30/extralife-2013-giantbomb-team-play-games-heal-kids-1451833/

http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/general-discussion-30/giant-bomb-community-endurance-run-1441499/

They are things.