Biggest Gaming Shame?

• 140 results
DJMoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Although I'm a huge fan of metroid and zelda, I've never beaten (and I've barely played) metroid 2 and zelda 2. Maybe I just have an aversion to the number 2

ninjalegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I kind of rage quit Dark Souls 2. I have 5 different builds now a few hours in but can't commit to one to finish the game most likely due to the rage quit. Still really like the game though.

awalkawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poobumbutt: I've never played Persona 4 but I'm on my 3rd re-watch of the endurance run and I've watch Person 4 the anime 2 times...... Why the hell I haven't actually played the damn game? I really don't know

Cubidog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By Cubidog1

#2 I have never finished a Zelda game, even though l own ike 8 of them. I own Zelda 1, 2, A Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time 3D, Majora's Mask, Minish Cap, Winkwaker, and Twilight Princess, I got to the second to last dungeon in A Link to the Past, and about halfway into almost every other one I've played. I always get stuck somewhere and have to use a strategy guide. I just lose steam eventually. However, I have watched full let's plays of Skyward Sword, Ocarina of Time and Four Swords Adventures. Those were all pretty great. At some point I do plan on buying and completing A Link Between Worlds. It just looks like too much fun.

Other than that, the only other game I feel bad for not completing is Red Dead Redemption. I got pretty far into it, but just never really had enough time to finish it . Which is a shame because I also never got to play the Undead Nightmare, which looked pretty self aware.

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have never played any of the Metal Gear Solid games. I bought 2 and 3, with the intention of buying the first one off of the PSN and playing all three of them back to back, but I just never did... Now the game is just sitting there collecting dust and I don't have any real intention of playing it in the foreseeable future.

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Christoffer

I have a tendency to start a lot of MMO's but never explore anything beyond mid game. I did this with WoW and Guild Wars back in the days and I've made countless characters over countless games since then, both subscription and f2p games.

I must've racked up at least 2000-3000 hours of MMO's over the years without experiencing any end game content.

I guess that's my "gaming shame"? Or maybe it's just weird.

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

None.

I only play what I'm interested in, so no, I don't feel bad for never playing a zelda game.

pcorb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brendan: Never had a Sega console or Xbox. I went from SNES to PS1, PS2, then PS3. You're right about the PC though. Over the past 10 years or so I've gradually developed a preference for the PC to the point where I don't feel inclined to ever buy another console except god fucking damn it, Miyazaki.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I own The Amazing Spider-man 2 video game.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

The absurd amount of time and money I've put into games that I dislike but played through anyways. Out of morbid curiosity or misguided faith more than anything.

I could probably have beat a couple of good rpgs with that time. :(

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't really have much shame related to gaming, I suppose you could say that I have never played a Zelda game is shameful for example, but those games just doesn't interest me anyway.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was the very first to buy Sega CD, Sega 32X and Sega Saturn in my area. Clearly I do not learn

Naoiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That I wouldn't play an RPG if the battle system wasn't exactly like FF-7 through 9. I.E games where it's turned based and you see both your party and the enemies. I was broken of that by playing the Etrian games. There are some good RPG's that I've missed out on over the years because of this..some I'll never even know existed and that I missed.

Also that I used to pre order games. *shudder* Never again.

Nals

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Nals

I enjoy Invisible War more then Deus Ex original.

Deus Ex was one of my favorite games growing up. And when I got Invisible War I didn't have access to the internet, and I ended up loving it as well because there was nobody around to tell me I should hate it for being a console port. I play both of them every year, and have come to the realization I just enjoy Invisible War more. It's got more ways of handling situations, cooler powers/augs, and I prefer the failed utopia theme.

Don't get me wrong, Deus Ex is literally right behind it in favorite games ever, so I'm not dissing Deus Ex. It's just if I had to top ten them, it'd be Invisible War at 6-7, followed by Deus Ex at 7-8.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I buy expensive PCs that are fully capable of running most computer games well, and then do little to no actual PC gaming on them.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#68  Edited By TheHBK

I had never play a Metroid game before but I corrected that last year by beating Metroid Prime and loving it. However, I stil have not beaten a Zelda game before. Even worse, I own 3 of them.

What's your biggest gaming shame?

Edit: I realized most ppl are just gonna say their massive backlog but thats a modern problem in the post steam world so can we exclude that answer?

Haha, oh man that is mine, Zelda. Well I own Ocarina, Link's Awakening, Twilight Princess, Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass and Link Between Worlds. I hadn't finished any Zelda game until I finished Phantom Hourglass and Link Between Worlds early last year.

kubqo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As someone who absolutely loves FPS genre, i hate Half-Life. I’m still trying to finish the second one, but its so boooooooooooooring. And also i have no idea whats going on.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By ShaggE

I used to own a Virtual Boy and a Game.com, and I derived enjoyment from both.

I also had a Tiger R Zone (the headset one, no less)... and I used it in public without a hint of self-awareness. I was the original Glasshole!

mbradley1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

My biggest gaming shame is thinking that there is a such thing as a gaming "Shame". And that's a legit answer. It so liberating to say, "Screw playing X game because it's supposedly great. I don't care."

Example: Didn't play Bayonetta 2, don't even care. Also, never beaten a Final Fantasy or Persona. Again, don't care.

brandondryrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In my opinion, Super Mario Bros. 3 is the best Mario platformer, and I've never beaten it. I've gotten to World 8 multiple times, and then the game just kicks my ass and I turn the game off.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#73  Edited By Onemanarmyy

never finished a mario or zelda game. I'm working on Mario Galaxy now, so let's see if i can get through with that.

matatat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By matatat

I'd like to finish EarthBound but I just don't really have the patience to play JRPGs anymore. I'm sorta close to half way through it. I'm playing through P4G right now but that is pretty manageable in small bites and still that took me over a year to actually get close to the end. I also have Super Metroid on the VC which is probably my biggest gaming shame. For how much I like the Metroid formula I don't really like Metroid games that much. I got really into Prime for a while but just stopped playing it for some reason. Maybe when it comes out on Wii U again I'll pick it up and play it.

Eder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 43

• I just bought the Half Life series at a Steam sale. I have never played any of these games.
  • I love Sonic Shuffle. Why do people hate it? It's Mario Party but with.....ohhh
  • I think the Nemesis System is just a bunch of NPC's that remember who you are and get stronger (Not very impressive)
  • I am collecting ever single Sonic game released in NA. I got most of them so far.

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Sanity

@morka said:

My most played game this past two years have been Euro Truck Simulator.

Thought maybe Elite: Dangerous would knock it off the throne, because of space truckin', but so far it's not looking good. Luckily the year is still young, so anything can happen...

Good news, American Truck Simulator is due out sometime this year so that could fix your problem.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Playing WoW for as long as I did / choosing games over studying many times throughout my younger years.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf47a52ab2a3
deactivated-5bf47a52ab2a3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dwigtk said:

I play and enjoy every Lego game to 100% completion. Just picked up The Lego Movie Videogame today. When the cashier asked me if I needed a gift receipt I said yes.

This comment goes great with your display picture.

I buy games and then never play them.

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@dwigtk said:

I play and enjoy every Lego game to 100% completion. Just picked up The Lego Movie Videogame today. When the cashier asked me if I needed a gift receipt I said yes.

I've put about 40 hours into Lego Batman 3 so far. So great.

Skullomania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think I've ever finished a JRPG. The closest I ever got was Crono Trigger.

I also cant remember ever finishing a Zelda game.

Also, I legit think Sonic Adventure 2 was one of the best games of the generation. I'm not too ashamed of this one but I'm not shouting it from the rooftops.

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Drakengard 3 was my game of the year 2014.

MrHadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By MrHadouken

Maybe that I've started Dark Souls over 8 times make it to Anor Londo then stop for whatever reason. Yet, I've beaten Dark Souls 2, and started over again. I also like the world more in 2.

I have never Beaten a turn based JRPG, FF, Parasite Eve, Chrono trigger, Blue Dragon..

Svenzon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

@shagge said:

Wario Land for Virtual Boy is a really good game. I hope Nintendo gets around to rereleasing it on 3DS Virtual Console.

Mainwaring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still have games from the Steam 2011 holiday sales that I haven't even installed yet.

I'm glad I decided to work with a tighter budget for recent sales, the backlog right now is a little nuts.

Morka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sanity: Oh man, I'm really hopeful about that game. It wont be the same as driving around in Europe, but it will probally be my best chance for driving coast to coast in America. And the Scandinavia DLC is soon out aswell. This is gonna be a good year :)

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, owning Panzer Dragoon Saga but only having played about the first hour of it.

/thread.

I am rather jealous of that.

For me, apart from the extreme backlog, is probably buying Alien: Isolation, getting stuck at the first point that people start shooting it at you, then not attempting to play it again.

Actually the biggest example would be beating the main story of Dark Cloud 2 on the PS2, then accidentally deleting my save while I was in the bonus chapter, chapter 8. That chapter was a breath of fresh air considering how I was kind of done with all the city building and photography and just wanted to beat some shit up.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By ShaggE

@svenzon said:

@shagge said:

Wario Land for Virtual Boy is a really good game. I hope Nintendo gets around to rereleasing it on 3DS Virtual Console.

I never had anything for it but Red Alarm and Mario Tennis, but yeah, I'd buy the whole library if they put out 3DS versions (and if I had a 3DS :P).

Actually, I'd just straight up buy another Virtual Boy if the fancy struck me particularly hard, and not just because I love humorously outdated/poorly conceived tech. I really do look fondly back on the system.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By confusedowl

I've never beaten two of my all time favourite games, Final Fantasy 9 (to be fair I have gotten to the last boss) and Morrowind (I have a playthrough of this going right now). I totally plan to one of these days! There's also tons of classic games I love but have never beaten, but that list is massive.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I got a free copy of Bastion for Steam but didn't play it all that much.

guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've never played a single Zelda game.

Svenzon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

@shagge said:

@svenzon said:

@shagge said:

I never had anything for it but Red Alarm and Mario Tennis, but yeah, I'd buy the whole library if they put out 3DS versions (and if I had a 3DS :P).

Actually, I'd just straight up buy another Virtual Boy if the fancy struck me particularly hard, and not just because I love humorously outdated/poorly conceived tech. I really do look fondly back on the system.

I've actually thought of buying a Virtual Boy, even though I'd probably never play it. But there is something fascinating about it, like you said. I recently saw a copy of Jack Bros on an auction site with a price tag of around $150, and also learned that was the first Shin Megami Tensei game released outside Japan.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@svenzon: Oh wow, I never knew that about Jack Bros. That's crazy.

I probably should jump on the VB train soonish. Neither the console or the games are going to get any cheaper, and then I can stop kicking myself for throwing mine out when the stand broke.

(funny thing: I got mine about a year after release, if even that, for $15. EB Games had an enormous stockpile of them and were trying like crazy to get rid of them. Didn't see a hilarious deal like that again until the rhythm game genre hit full saturation and I found the "two turntables and a microphone" edition of DJ Hero 2 for $10 at Gamestop. Now *that* was a great get)

spyder335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#94  Edited By Nictel

I am enjoying Blades of Time.

She is clearly wearing the most protective of armors.
She is clearly wearing the most protective of armors.

GalacticPunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'd like to think true CRPG's would be the ultimate genre for me, but I've never been able to play one to completion. Started and given up on Baldur's Gate 1 & 2, Planescape: Torment, Arcanum, and Neverwinter Nights. Somehow I feel inferior for loving the KotOR games and VtM: Bloodlines, but not being able to wrap my head around the mechanics of their predecessors.

Oh wait, I actually did beat Fallout 1 & 2 legitimately so I'm not a hopeless case.

Whitestripes09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Whitestripes09

I've never beaten a pokemon game from start to finish. I thought I was going to beat X but I spent more of my time training and catching pokemon for versus than actually playing the story of the game. Then after realizing that people didn't take the matchmaking versus seriously, I thought all that work was for not. I guess I could go back, but what's the point if you know you're going to win all future matches against cpus? I should give it a go anyways...

Oh, I also thought Mass Effect 3 wasn't as bad as people said it was. I enjoyed 99% of it and the DLC was pretty awesome. The ending could have been better, but now with the sequel being made, I think I'm more excited to see just how much things have changed depending on what ending they decide is canon.

geardo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think I ever completed Super Mario Brothers One. Also, by the late nineties/early 2000s, I had a massive psone backlog that included most of the classic jrpgs of that generation. Instead of playing them, I sold the whole collection to a gamestop. I think I only completed BOF3, FF7, and Grandia. For shame, I know.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

I bought four or five of the Total War games in a Steam bundle and have never played any of them. And while I plan on rectifying it this year, I've never played Final Fantasy VI.

Avatar image for thephantomstranger
ThePhantomStranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Recently I can't seem to finish Persona 3, close to the end, because the calendar system drawing to a close is really paralyzing me as far as choice.

I also can't get back into Dragon's Dogma because I want to maximize the magic stat gains for my magic archer but I don't want to play as a staff user.

Also I've hardly played any Nintendo games beyond Pokemon. Oh and lastly I've logged way too many hours in a multitude of terrible digimon games.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Karkarov

@wraithtek said:

I bought DRIV3R for Xbox. Does that count?

That definitely counts. I don't know how you can bear to go out in public with that god awful albatross hanging around your neck.

For me it is a problem I never even had until like 5-7 years ago. I like RPG's, or other really deep lots of stuff to do style games like those such as GTA's or what have you. But around the previously mentioned 5-7 years ago I started to play these games I like, dig them, get to really really close to the end... talking like sometimes even the last levels or missions then... just quit and never finish. I have one RPG in particular I put over 80 hours in, got to half way through the last level, then just got bored and quit never to finish it. I have done this with easily over 20 games and it is weird to think about all that time invested to just never bother finishing up.