• 68 results
mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By mikey87144

There are now reports out were Capcom has confirmed that the only way to play MVC3 ultimate edition is to buy the $40 version that comes out this November. I'm sorry but how many times does Capcom have to pull this BS before people rightfully refuse to buy their games?

The Resident Evil 5 fiasco was the start of it were they expected us to pay $5 for a mode already on the disc. Then there was Super Street Fighter 4. They admitted after they announced it that they can't pull the same stuff they did in the 90s because people now expect the get updates as DLC. It seemed that they learned their lesson with the announcement of Arcade edition. For $15 you got the new version of it. However they weren't done with these questionable moves. The RE game on 3DS had a permanent save system were you couldn't erase the data and now this BS with MVC3. In the same calender year they expect you to pay $40 on top of the $60 most of you already paid for MVC3. It really couldn't be done as an update, Capcom? You mean to tell us that you didn't think this was a possibility? I'm outraged and I didn't purchase the game at launch. To the ones who paid $60 for MVC3 how do you guys feel about this?

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By buft

Mega man legends is cancelled because their social media type campaign didnt work. you forgot that bullshit. 

edit: i bought MvC3 at retail for $60 and after the DLC pricing was announced a swore i would never buy another fighter, im still sticking to that.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Scooper

I don't care. I won't buy it. I haven't even opened this copy of MvC3 that I bought.

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By recroulette

I'm actually disappointed in UMvC3 because a lot of the new characters are cool as hell, but I didn't give a fuck about the gameplay in MvC3.

A new disc is better than charging $5 per character as DLC though.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By RE_Player1

I'm at the point where I'm not going to really buy anymore Capcom games like I do with Activision. The only game I'm interested in is Street Fighter X Tekken because I am a huge Tekken fan but I think I'm just going to wait for Tekken X Street Fighter.

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By I_smell

This is gettin fuckin silly with Capcom- BUT it's not like they didn't pack enough fighters into it on day 1. It did ship with like 32 people.

I don't buy DLC and I traded MvC 3 in anyway, so I'm not that outraged. You can still trade the old one in to get SOME discount.

sirdesmond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By sirdesmond

Capcom has been dead to me for a while now, probably around RE5 if not a bit earlier.

They certainly aren't doing anything to make me pay more attention to them in the future.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By Sooty

I feel fine with what Capcom are doing. It will be a cheaper price and I'll get some of that back from trading in MVC3.

Boo fucking hoo, really. It was fine with SSFIV and it's fine here.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@buft said:
Mega man legends is cancelled because their social media type campaign didnt work. you forgot that bullshit.  edit: i bought MvC3 at retail for $60 and after the DLC pricing was announced a swore i would never buy another fighter, im still sticking to that.
It was cancled because they more or less did not wanna come up with ideas. They more or less (From what i heard) wanted the fans to come up with the ideas for the game. 
Avatar image for aperturesilence
ApertureSilence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Zapbrader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Zapbrader

Speaking of DLC, does anyone else remember them talking about Doc Ock as DLC at one point? I bring it up only because Doc Ock didn't show up in the leaked images for UMvC3, speaking of course that he was actually talked about at one point. Him and a bunch of other characters were supposed to be $5 a piece, guess Capcom made other plans.

edit: that destructoid article kind of explains it.

louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By louiedog

Remember last year when Capcom released a $5 XBLA prequel to an upcoming game? I thought that was great. They seemed to be making good decisions to get people interested in that franchise. Now they're pulling this and locking down RE: Mercenaries the way they did. Clearly they don't give a shit about people who have already bought into and supported their franchises. I'm not saying fans deserve any special treatment for buying a game, but without people buying MvC3 there'd be no Ultimate edition. Let those people upgrade the product they bought.

Avatar image for superwristbands
SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SuperWristBands

@mikey87144: You thought versus mode in RE5 was a "fiasco"? It was $5 and no one made you buy it. The 3DS save file thing was also blown way out of proportion by the internet. Anyway, I bought MvC3 when it came out and never really liked it much. I don't care for its high-level play and how a character dies in one combo that you can't get out of. So I won't be bothering with UMvC3.

TearsInRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TearsInRain

I didn't buy the first version because I knew better then to spend all that money on a new capcom game when they're known for this.  By this point, all I can say is no shame on capcom, shame on everyone for buying the first version then getting pissed at the new release.  You should knot better by now.

sirdesmond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Honestly, did anyone not see this happening?

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By JoeyRavn

I'm really not into fighters, to be honest, but Mortal Kombat has done something similar. You pay $10 for 3 characters (Rain, Scarlet and the still-secret third one). In UMvC3, you get 12 new characters (plus some gameplay changes, I assume). That'd be 4 Kombat Passes if the applied the MK model = $10 x 4 = $40.

I'm not defending Capcom or attacking Mortal Kombat, mind you. I don't know, it's the same for MK and UMvC3, if you ask me, but no one seems to be complaining about it. The sole difference is that instead of making a fractionated payment, you pay everything once. And I guess that you can always sell your used copy of MvC3 to somewhat lessen the cost of UMvC3.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18  Edited By StaticFalconar

I don't play MVC3 ever since I found out I was crap for brains at it and that I didn't want to spend all day memorizing combos either so I don't really care. 

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By mikey87144
Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By WinterSnowblind
@JoeyRavn: Mortal Kombat actually gives you four characters..  but yes, I agree that the price is still insane and anyone paying for it deserves to be shot.
NickBOTT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By NickBOTT

I stopped giving into Capcom's bullshit after SSIV.  I didn't bother buying AE bc I refused to buy the same game more or less three times.  At least from SFIV to SSIV a year went by and same from SSIV to SSIV AE.  WIth MVC3 to ultimate, they're both in the same year so they're starting to get "better" at fucking people over. 

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By mikey87144

@Sasran said:

@mikey87144: You thought versus mode in RE5 was a "fiasco"? It was $5 and no one made you buy it. The 3DS save file thing was also blown way out of proportion by the internet. Anyway, I bought MvC3 when it came out and never really liked it much. I don't care for its high-level play and how a character dies in one combo that you can't get out of. So I won't be bothering with UMvC3.

The 3DS save file thing was properly evaluated by the internet. Why make an un deletable save for your game? No one else does that? Plus they lied about it afterward. The RE5 thing was just wrong. You finish a mode for a game, a mode that sucked in fairness, but instead of just giving it to your fans you put it behind a pay wall after your fans spend $60 on the game. It rubbed a lot of people the wrong way.

DEMONOLOGY_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#23  Edited By DEMONOLOGY_24

VicRattlehead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#24  Edited By VicRattlehead

Dont like it dont buy it, otherwise go to your local job center and ask them to find you a job in the salt mines you'll be among friends there

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Hunkulese

I'm not really sure what the big deal is. It's not just a capcom thing. Sports games charge full price year after year. New Call of Duty games could easily be released as a series of dlc releases.

If it's just new characters it kind of sucks but if it's anything like SSFIV I'll be fine with it. People seem to forget super added a bunch of changes to the game and I ha no problem paying $40 for it. People seem to forget that game companies are in it to make money and I don't really see how capcom is any worse or better than other companies.

Skogen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Skogen

@mikey87144:

I have absolutely no problem with the release of UMVC3. Then again, im the kind of person that memorizes frame data.

What it comes down to is the game was in serious need of a balance update. In addition, people had been asking for new characters since the game's release. Capcom is catering to their vocal fanbase, a wise decision considering it will directly affect the lifespan of the game. If you're complaining about the price and the content involved, you clearly have not played enough MVC3 to see that the Ultimate update is definitely warranted.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By mikey87144

I see a lot of people comparing MK to MVC3 with pricing. I'll defend MK on there pricing. A new character is like buying a map pack in a shooter. A new character means new moves, new animations, new fatalities, and so one. I know it seems like a lot but considering that their DLC characters are not clones I'm willing to give them a pass on it. Also MK is a much better game than MVC3. When you put the whole package together it blows away what you got with MVC3 both in single player and online.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By mikey87144

@Skogen: So why not, I dunno, patch it? This generation of consoles supports that.

Skogen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Skogen

@mikey87144:

Because people wanted more than just a balance patch, and that's what they're getting.

• SSF4AE DLC was $15, it added 4 new characters and included a balance update.
  • UMVC3 is going to add 12 new characters, new stages, a balance update which will give new moves to old characters, and spectator mode.
QuistisTrepe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By QuistisTrepe

Everytime I read stories like these, suddenly I'm not so excited for Operation Raccoon City.

neoepoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By neoepoch

Don't forget you can buy Dead Rising 2 again, except now you can play a WHAT-IF story with Frank West, that isn't DLC. Huzzah Capcom.

iDarktread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By iDarktread
@mikey87144: its* 

Also, yeah, fuck Capcom. They need to apologize. 

This is coming too fast after Marvel vs. Capcom 3, and MvC3 didn't feel like a complete game to start with.
PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By PeasantAbuse
ervonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ervonymous

I can't believe they're trying to justify it in the first place, but that's some grade A bullshit. I wonder which calamity put Dead Rising 2: Off the Record in motion.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#36  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

@mikey87144 said:

There are now reports out were Capcom has confirmed that the only way to play MVC3 ultimate edition is to buy the $40 version that comes out this November. I'm sorry but how many times does Capcom have to pull this BS before people rightfully refuse to buy their games?

The Resident Evil 5 fiasco was the start of it were they expected us to pay $5 for a mode already on the disc. Then there was Super Street Fighter 4. They admitted after they announced it that they can't pull the same stuff they did in the 90s because people now expect the get updates as DLC. It seemed that they learned their lesson with the announcement of Arcade edition. For $15 you got the new version of it. However they weren't done with these questionable moves. The RE game on 3DS had a permanent save system were you couldn't erase the data and now this BS with MVC3. In the same calender year they expect you to pay $40 on top of the $60 most of you already paid for MVC3. It really couldn't be done as an update, Capcom? You mean to tell us that you didn't think this was a possibility? I'm outraged and I didn't purchase the game at launch. To the ones who paid $60 for MVC3 how do you guys feel about this?

WELCOME TO 1993, 1994, and 1997.

Dookysharpgun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#37  Edited By Dookysharpgun

Is anyone really surprised about this? Want to know what they'll be doing next? Re-releasing MVC2 in the same art style as MVC3, slapping a €50 price tag on it, and telling us to go fuck ourselves. Now I love MVC2 and 3, but then again, I rarely play them online, opting more for 'party game' situations in a room full of people. That was the old school magic of the MVC series. But this? Cut the price, offer a major discount/full trade for people who trade in their copy of MVC3, and then we'll talk. But seeing as their just going to leech off of the fans, for example SSFIV: AE, giving us two more hadouken users and two hipster teens to play as, I doubt they'll ever get the message. 

We brought this on ourselves people, this is our collective faults. Hindsight is worthless, and no matter what, people will keep buying into this crap...

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By HandsomeDead

The idea that there are still Capcom fans in 2011 is unreal.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

@Dookysharpgun said:

Is anyone really surprised about this? Want to know what they'll be doing next? Re-releasing MVC2 in the same art style as MVC3, slapping a €50 price tag on it, and telling us to go fuck ourselves. Now I love MVC2 and 3, but then again, I rarely play them online, opting more for 'party game' situations in a room full of people. That was the old school magic of the MVC series. But this? Cut the price, offer a major discount/full trade for people who trade in their copy of MVC3, and then we'll talk. But seeing as their just going to leech off of the fans, for example SSFIV: AE, giving us two more hadouken users and two hipster teens to play as, I doubt they'll ever get the message. We brought this on ourselves people, this is our collective faults. Hindsight is worthless, and no matter what, people will keep buying into this crap...

I am somewhat confused of comparing AE to Ultimate but anyways... The thing with Arcade Edition is that it's tailored towards players who dedicate their time with SFIV. Also it's reasonably priced as a expansion download and as a physical format for new players who want to take it seriously. I guess it needs moar content to justify the price in AE. Also those "hipster teens" are fucking good. I will say that Ultimate's release frame is oddly close no doubt but this aint much different with Super Street Fighter IV when it came out. Discounted price, a lot more characters, tweaked gameplay, etc. I don't understand what you mean by "old school magic." Yeah the local aspect is important but what makes MVC and pretty much every other fighting game magical is competition.

Also this isn't new when 1990s arcade games had their revisions. Not just Capcom, other companies as well. Yeah sure developers don't perfect it on the first try but thanks to input by players, it helps change for better (hopefully) or worse. For the players who compete, we don't care about price. We just want to play and fight.

I am rereading OP's post. Mostly blabber but understandable with the date issue. He seems to though interpret Ultimate close to what Arcade Edition is which is sort of odd.

Physic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Physic

Apparently Capcom is throwing people out of their Comic-Con booth for simply MENTIONING megaman. Now obviously the truthfulness of these testimonies aren't guaranteed, and they could just be butthurt fans trying to give Capcom even more bad PR, but still, if this happens to be true, it is absolutely fucking disgusting.

http://i.imgur.com/qck7x.png

http://i.imgur.com/pasxW.jpg

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By iam3green

dang man. it sounds like capcom wants your money. i'm not a fighter fan because of the amount of work it takes to master the game, you know with memorizing combos, and other things. 

i'm not a DLC fan. i don't buy a lot of DLC for games because of the content that is put compared to the amount of time it takes to beat it. i'll buy map packs for games because it's multiplayer stuff but small stuff is a no.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

@Physic said:

Apparently Capcom is throwing people out of their Comic-Con booth for simply MENTIONING megaman. Now obviously the truthfulness of these testimonies aren't guaranteed, but still, if this happens to be true, it is absolutely fucking disgusting.

I couldn't go unfortunately but if that is 100% true, that sucks. Snow from Capcom said it was fine on their stream to come on down and talk to the guys about Mega Man and other related activities. But I guess unfortunately the backlash there might have been too extreme to handle in respect to the rest of the people trying to have a good time at Comic Con.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

@iam3green said:

dang man. it sounds like capcom wants your money. i'm not a fighter fan because of the amount of work it takes to master the game, you know with memorizing combos, and other things. i'm not a DLC fan. i don't buy a lot of DLC for games because of the content that is put compared to the amount of time it takes to beat it. i'll buy map packs for games because it's multiplayer stuff but small stuff is a no.

Well that's been the case for decades but players didn't care about it, they just wanna play and compete.

Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 28

#44  Edited By Legend

So, people who supported Capcom and bought the game on release day are getting screwed over, and will have to pay $40 in addition to the $60 they already paid (some even paid more for DLC and Collector's Edition). People who decided to wait are getting everything for $40. Do Capcom see what they're doing here? They're basically giving people who support them the middle finger. Lesson learned I guess.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

@Legend said:

So, people who supported Capcom and bought the game on release day are getting screwed over, and will have to pay $40 in addition to the $60 they already paid (some even paid more for DLC and Collector's Edition). People who decided to wait are getting everything for $40. Do Capcom see what they're doing here? They're basically giving people who support them the middle finger. Lesson learned I guess.

Or it was just announced unnecessarily early for the sake of Comic Con.

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Mcfart

I lost faith in Capcom when they refused to translate Edgeworth Investigations 2.

Michaelblack18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Michaelblack18

this is why i have waited to get mvc3 but i might just wait for street fighter x tekken call me crazy but playing as pink haired post op tranny lady seems fun and ive always loved and have loved tekken and interested to see how well they make them integrate into a streetfighter game but i still may buy umvc3 cuase i want to pit zombie killer against giant rocket launcher wielding zombie mutant in my opinion id rather see someone like strider in there instead of megaman lately

asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#48  Edited By asurastrike

Capcom has made a lot of unpopular decisions as of late.

chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By chrissedoff

how can you say they're screwing their fans when they put doctor strange in ultimate marvel 3? come on, that's awesome!

clstirens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By clstirens
@Physic said:

Apparently Capcom is throwing people out of their Comic-Con booth for simply MENTIONING megaman. Now obviously the truthfulness of these testimonies aren't guaranteed, and they could just be butthurt fans trying to give Capcom even more bad PR, but still, if this happens to be true, it is absolutely fucking disgusting.

This actually physically makes me sick. Like, I was deeply saddened, then angered, and then I actually became nauseous.  I normally hate forum reactions that vie to "NEVER BUY AGAIN" and that just completely trash companies who are, in the end, trying to earn your money.... but I honestly don't know how to feel beyond saddened and ill.....

If I fucking dressed up as a character from a game I treasure, and I fucking treasure those legends games (yes, I know, they are massively flawed. But while I played M64 and OoT first, they are just as classic for me), if I walked up to their fan booth and they not only physically removed me, but threatened to take away my badge....

I just don't even know..... (granted, this is 4chan, so technically it could be completely fabricated, but the other story seems almost 100% for sure.)