Dino Crisis 4, Dino Crisis Reboot, or Reboot in Sequel Form?

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ghost_cat

I, and (I believe) many others, would totally dig if Capcom gave the Dino Crisis franchise some loving with a new game. For my money, and to start things off strong, I would love to see a reboot, but the entire thing takes place on a large-scale space station dedicated to many different researches (primarily bio weapons). The Dino Crisis reboot would have all new characters, but the game would make few vague references to the old games and their characters.

Basically some scientists goofed up on keeping their dinosaur-resurrection experiments secured, in which they all break loose. Eventually, some dinosaurs in the later half accidentally break into the bio-weapons facility, causing them to be exposed and mutated by the chemical agents.

There isn't suppose to be a good reason why this is all going down on a large space station; the idea that dinosaurs are on a space station should be enough to... Well, it's dinosaurs in space. 'Nuff said. If you have been aching for a new Dino Crisis game, what would you like it to become?

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#2  Edited By Hailinel

I always thought it would be kind of neat if Capcom went back and redid the original game with RE4-style gameplay. I think it would serve the concept a lot better than the original "Resident Evil 1 with dinosaurs" idea.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

I'd be okay with a dinosaur zombie fighting game. That's a free one capcom, next one I'm charging.

isentorr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By isentorr

Love the first two games but hated the third. They should just make a new one and continue the story where dino crisis 2 left off (Regina did say she would return).

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Marcsman

Reboot it and start all over. I would definitely be interested.

IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By IBurningStar

I'd love for them to go back and remake the first game. Do a retelling/reboot with it. I thought the second one was a bit too much of an action game, so I'd prefer if it more closely resembled the style of the first game. The original had a great balance of puzzles, action, and mood/tension.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Stop stop he's already dead

SaFt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loved the first game. The second one was a bit too arcadey for my tastes though. But a reboot is very welcome.

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'd really like a dinosaur survival game, so I'm all for it. What I'd really like is an open world survival game with dinosaurs that's based on Site B stuff from Jurassic Park. You're stranded on the island and you want to escape; you have to find shelter at night (you can still move around at night but it would be more dangerous. Think Minecraft on that part). Imagine looking for materials and running across a T-Rex, but instead of fighting or running from it, you're hiding because it didn't see you. Or being hunted down by a pack of raptors.

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10  Edited By wrighteous86

My favorite threads are the ones that are thinly-veiled fan-fiction.

Oh, and I've never played Dino Crisis, but it seems cool in an awful way.

Poppduder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Poppduder

I didn't realize we were counting Dino Crisis 3.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

I've been waiting for a Dino Crisis/ReBoot crossover forever.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Can I begin this thinly-veiled fan fiction. Bioforge is a prequel to Dino Crisis, and now the endless bounds of possibilities awaits for what happens in-between those games.

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By reisz

If you are a sane, living, human; Dino Crisis three does not exist. I'd love to see a new Dino Crisis game that was along the lines of the original more so than the sequel. Maybe a modern engine, in-continuity reboot, meaning they effectively reboot the franchise but reference the original games and age the main character appropriately. Hell Dino Crisis 2 took place in 2010 so now's kind of the perfect time for another Dino Crisis right? Right!?

. . . . I need to get Dino Crisis for my Vita I've been eyeing it almost weekly all year.

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ghost_cat

@wrighteous86 said:

Can I begin this thinly-veiled fan fiction. Bioforge is a prequel to Dino Crisis, and now the endless bounds of possibilities awaits for what happens in-between those games.

Wait, so then my idea of dinosaurs in space can actually work into this timeline! And yes, I want to push the awful part as far as possible with a reboot.

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@ghost_cat: I'm still not sure if you're aware of the 3rd game... Dino Crisis 3. You know that already takes place in space, right?

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#17  Edited By Slag

@hailinel said:

I always thought it would be kind of neat if Capcom went back and redid the original game with RE4-style gameplay. I think it would serve the concept a lot better than the original "Resident Evil 1 with dinosaurs" idea.

That is a fantastic idea. I'd buy that day 1