Do You Prefer Knowing What The Next TNT Is? Or Do You Like Surprises?

Mitch0712

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Mitch0712

Mitch0712

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Mitch0712

I like to know what the game is so I can plan ahead. If it's a game I don't own but am looking to get, I can go ahead and prepare/learn the ropes. How do you guys feel?

alexpiercey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By alexpiercey

I prefer to know beforehand, so I know if I have a chance to play.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Ravenlight

I like to jump in with no expectations or preconceptions.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By LordXavierBritish

The last time someone surprised me, they wound up in a body bag.

Because they were dead.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By MooseyMcMan

I dunno. It's always nice to know about things beforehand, but on the other hand, I kinda like GB's since of randomness and doing-things-at-the-last-minute-ness. You know what I mean?

If TNT was something I ever took part in (the one time I tried I was unable to get in), I would want to know about it in advance. But generally, it doesn't really matter.

Avatar image for deactivated-65f0b21bb6a1a
deactivated-65f0b21bb6a1a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like to know beforehand generally but I don't mind surprises either

ftomato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By ftomato

My time zone is incompatible, but if it was I'd have liked to know beforehand so that I can practice a bit, join the friends list in advance, get patches, etc.

Not relevant for the recent coop TNTs, of course (which have been great, please do more of them, thank you).

B0nd07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#9  Edited By B0nd07

As a (the?) primary contributor to the TNT promo thread, yes. Those things don't just make themselves. Plus, a lot of people involved in the thread (basically everyone else) stopped contributing when they stopped reliably saying what it was going to be on ILM.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By zeforgotten

I love when it's not known, that way I can put a game in my console and fire it up and gamble with it, maybe I'm lucky, maybe I'm not.  

No, I really like to know ahead of time what it's gonna be

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11  Edited By mfpantst

Just like two midgets shitting into a bucket, I like my TNT's spontaneous.

lockwoodx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By lockwoodx

I'm pleasantly surprised when a TNT doesn't suck. Knowing ahead of time would help because if the TNT is on a console then I have zero interest and I'm sure people could say the same about PCs.

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#13  Edited By Little_Socrates

I prefer knowing what TNT is going to be ahead of time if any of us are going to be able to play with the guys. When it comes to stuff like the Fortune Street TNT or the Cards Against Humanity TNT last week, I don't mind the surprise.

swoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By swoxx

@Mitch0712 said:

I like to know what the game is so I can plan ahead. If it's a game I don't own but am looking to get, I can go ahead and prepare/learn the ropes. How do you guys feel?

Exactly like this.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

A. So far, it seems that they are getting the hang of community play sessions (talking about in on I Love Mondays) and their own casual time (they don't mention it on ILM).

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

Honestly I feel they need to be more consistent/early with telling us what game is going to be played. I never seem to find out unless they happen to announce it on the week's before, and if I miss the live one that can be a pain. Kinda wish they would announce the TNT two weeks from the bombcast on the bombcast. But then, it's already usually impossible to get on the list in time for me with the games I'd actually play so who know.s

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Doctorchimp

I have thrown out any notion of actually playing with them on TNT, I like it spontaneous.

However that being said I think they should have some consistency. Starcraft 2, Battlefield 3, and Street Fighter 4/MvC3 should be on TNT more often.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#18  Edited By musubi

@mfpantst said:

ozzy369123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ozzy369123  Online

I prefer to be surprised.

Mahonay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Mahonay

I enjoy it being a total surprise.

Mitch0712

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Mitch0712

@Little_Socrates said:

I prefer knowing what TNT is going to be ahead of time if any of us are going to be able to play with the guys. When it comes to stuff like the Fortune Street TNT or the Cards Against Humanity TNT last week, I don't mind the surprise.

I LOVED the Fortune Street and Cards Against Humanity stuff, it seems they really enjoy doing their own thing in-house like the Dead Island TNT. But poor Jeff didn't seem to have much fun during Cards Against Humanity. It was a little depressing watching him play Star Trek Online and have to switch to Trackmania.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By alternate

I don't think they are keeping anything for a surprise. I think they decide - oh shit, we need something for TNT, on Thursday morning.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By WinterSnowblind

I prefer to know.

They're on pretty late in my time zone, so I like to know if it's something I care enough about to watch live.

Mahonay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Mahonay

@alternate said:

I don't think they are keeping anything for a surprise. I think they decide - oh shit, we need something for TNT, on Thursday morning.

Yep pretty much. I don't think that's a secret. I personally like this approach.

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#25  Edited By Little_Socrates

@Mitch0712 said:

@Little_Socrates said:

I LOVED the Fortune Street and Cards Against Humanity stuff, it seems they really enjoy doing their own thing in-house like the Dead Island TNT. But poor Jeff didn't seem to have much fun during Cards Against Humanity. It was a little depressing watching him play Star Trek Online and have to switch to Trackmania.

I would say that Cards Against Humanity, Fortune Street, and Dead Island have been the best TNTs since...well, at least WWE All Stars, right? They're all better than WWE was to begin with, though...

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26  Edited By mfpantst

@Mitch0712 said:

@Little_Socrates said:

Idk because Jeff seems prime audience for cards against humanity, but there seemed an air of "well we're a video game website so I guess I should play a video game" to what Jeff was doing, and the shifty eyes when he switched to trackmania was kinda funny...

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27  Edited By Branthog

Doesn't matter to me. It takes me months to get around to watching a TNT and when I do, it's usually on the laptop that I sort of passively absorb while playing a videogame or doing some work.

Codeacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Codeacious

@Demoskinos said:

@mfpantst said: