I think Brad is a chill bro.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#52  Edited By TheHT

Solid Snake is definitely the main character.

Wait a minute...

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By SomeJerk

Some people can perform perfect record-time speedruns live with people talking all around them, while also describing his or her every move, while being streamed on the internet.

Brad is not one of those people, but instead something close to the opposite. He is however, a helluva good writer.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#54  Edited By mikemcn

@Drebin_893 said:

Personally Brad's probably my favourite member of staff. I hate people on the internet.

Agreed.

Djratchet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#55  Edited By Djratchet

@Dtat said:

@Cloudenvy

I don't mind that Brad is bad at videogames. I mind when Brad doesn't pick up on super obvious clues from the game because he isn't paying attention, goes all passive aggressive and then blames the game.

Qft. Love Brad, but he does that constantly. He really shouldn't be put in the driver's seat so often.
Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#56  Edited By Dagbiker

@Djratchet said:

@Dtat said:

@Cloudenvy

I don't mind that Brad is bad at videogames. I mind when Brad doesn't pick up on super obvious clues from the game because he isn't paying attention, goes all passive aggressive and then blames the game.

Qft. Love Brad, but he does that constantly. He really shouldn't be put in the driver's seat so often.

I dont hate brad, but I get frustrated with him often, this is why

jjnen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By jjnen

I think Brad likes or at least tends to jump in games cold and when he doesn't immediately 'get in the zone' he becomes frustrated and can't concentrate. Anyway luv you Brad even if I barely can sometimes watch you fuck everything up.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#58  Edited By CL60

@Cloudenvy said:

Bingo. This also applies to other people in the staff on a lesser scale. Ryan is one of them. Because Ryan has an obsession with skipping everything tutorial related, then blames the game when he can't figure something out that was explained 5 seconds ago.

JauntyHat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By JauntyHat
No Caption Provided

@GuyIncognito said:

@Cincaid said:

No he doesn't need a defense force, and yes people are major, loud and obnoxious dicks on the Internet.

@Oldirtybearon said:

Brad really doesn't deserve the hate for The Darkness thing. He was 8-9 hours deep into the campaign when he started and he knew absolutely nothing.

@kishinfoulux said:

People on the internet are just fucking stupid. It's not just Brad.

XD

The comments in this thread are full of unintended comedy and irony.

GuyIncognito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By GuyIncognito

@JauntyHat said:

No Caption Provided

Huh?

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By ajamafalous
@Cloudenvy said:

This.
ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By ajamafalous
@Humanity said:

The problem is that Brad has this very black and white attitude about games where they're either best games ever or he just couldn't give less of a shit.

Also this.
beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#63  Edited By beargirl1

can we all agree that we suck at video games (regardless if we do or not) so we can stop getting angry over people getting angry at video games and people getting angry at people who are angry at people who are angry at video games?

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#64  Edited By Animasta

I want brad to quit giant bomb and go into voice acting. He has mad range

emkeighcameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By emkeighcameron

He's not great at figuring out video games. But I find it funny, so it's OK.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By ajamafalous
@CL60 said:

@Cloudenvy said:

Bingo. This also applies to other people in the staff on a lesser scale. Ryan is one of them. Because Ryan has an obsession with skipping everything tutorial related, then blames the game when he can't figure something out that was explained 5 seconds ago.

Yep, this is also true of Ryan. Makes things like QLs with Brad or Ryan super frustrating to watch.
shaunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By shaunk

@GuyIncognito said:

@Cincaid said:

No he doesn't need a defense force, and yes people are major, loud and obnoxious dicks on the Internet.

@Oldirtybearon said:

Brad really doesn't deserve the hate for The Darkness thing. He was 8-9 hours deep into the campaign when he started and he knew absolutely nothing.

@kishinfoulux said:

People on the internet are just fucking stupid. It's not just Brad.

XD

The comments in this thread are full of unintended comedy and irony.

About Oldirty's comment and you clearly not knowing what you are talking about:

is trying to say that they loaded Brad's save at the end of the game, after like 5 years of him not having played it. If you just read the comments in the premium video you would have known that.

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#68  Edited By MysteriousBob

Defense force?

woodroez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By woodroez

I would say, if anything, Brad ascended to a new plane this week. If you watch closely during the Hot Shots Golf Vita QL, he didn't just pose for the camera for the AR part; he went into the photobomb stance.

He photobombed a videogame.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Milkman

The Darkness video started off real rough but after the first 30 minutes or so, it was perfectly fine and entertaining. It's another case of the vocal minority being loud and stupid.

Also, I'm pretty sure if a bunch of people watched me play video games I would be WAY fucking worse than Brad.

GuyIncognito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By GuyIncognito

@MasturbatingestBear said:

is trying to say that they loaded Brad's save at the end of the game, after like 5 years of him not having played it. If you just read the comments in the premium video you would have known that.

Wah?

I was purposely misquoting humorously (to me at least) contrasting statements.

shaunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By shaunk

@GuyIncognito said:

Wah?

I was purposely misquoting humorously (to me at least) contrasting statements.

Wait maaan what?

I thought you purposely highlighted the things in his comment and saying that those are contradictory. Which they aren't. Now I am confused?

GuyIncognito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By GuyIncognito

Wait maaan what?

I thought you purposely highlighted the things in his comment and saying that those are contradictory. Which they aren't. Now I am confused?

I was pointing out how the ambiguity of their statements can allow their statements to be given a funny interpretation. I know kishinfoulux didn't mean to say Brad was "fucking stupid." :D

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Everytime they get lost playing games live, I just think it's a full on counter-argument to any complaint the staff makes about 'hand-holding' in games.  Chrono Trigger was the breaking point.  Getting frustrated and angry at a classic is the proof that all the 'accessibility' options in modern games need to be there.

I'll actually full on give Brad a break, because The Darkness is really shitty about giving the player any indication that they're doing the right thing.  I played that game last year and was just suffering for the majority of it.  But Dave sticking on the Klingon tangent because he was bored really ... I don't know, that rubbed me the wrong way.   Especially because Brad was asking for help again and again but Dave was too busy workshopping a forum meme.

IkariNoTekken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By IkariNoTekken

Brad is great; so if a squadron of defenders is needed, I'm here to help.

People certainly pick on Brad's ability when showing off games, but by now people should know that he has a history with problems on camera and in studio style environments. Usually Brad seems to lack a certain level of concentration which results in him missing something important or dying.

With that said, Brad has shown that playing a game outside of these situations can result in him being pretty good at them Mortal Kombat 2 and Starcraft 2 being the obvious two choices.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Cloudenvy

@MasturbatingestBear: Act like I'm not attacking him? I'm not attacking him the slightest, I mentioned that it bothers me how he acts sometimes.

If you see that as an attack, then I don't know what to say.

EDIT: If you think saying that someone is bad at videogames is an "attack", then...Wow.

shaunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By shaunk

@Cloudenvy said:

@MasturbatingestBear: Act like I'm not attacking him? I'm not attacking him the slightest, I mentioned that it bothers me how he acts sometimes.

If you see that as an attack, then I don't know what to say.

EDIT: If you think saying that someone is bad at videogames is an "attack", then...Wow.

Nah that was my bad. The videogame thing wasn't an attack to me. That was my fault.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Cloudenvy

@MasturbatingestBear: No problem, duder.

Water under the bridge.

cyraxible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By cyraxible

@Brodehouse said:

But Dave sticking on the Klingon tangent because he was bored really ... I don't know, that rubbed me the wrong way. Especially because Brad was asking for help again and again but Dave was too busy workshopping a forum meme.

I love Dave, but what the fuck was he going for there? If he was that bored I would have rather he just didn't sit in.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#80  Edited By Dagbiker

@cyraxible said:

@Brodehouse said:

But Dave sticking on the Klingon tangent because he was bored really ... I don't know, that rubbed me the wrong way. Especially because Brad was asking for help again and again but Dave was too busy workshopping a forum meme.

I love Dave, but what the fuck was he going for there? If he was that bored I would have rather he just didn't sit in.

I didnt have a problem with it.

cyraxible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By cyraxible

@Dagbiker: Good for you?

Chemin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#82  Edited By Chemin

@Cloudenvy said:

I mind when Brad doesn't pick up on super obvious clues from the game because he isn't paying attention, goes all passive aggressive and then blames the game.

I agree with this statement.

@Humanity said:

It can be slightly unnerving watching a feature like that. I mean they came up with it, ostensibly all agreed to do it. Then you have that moment where theres an important scene where a dying character is telling you important plot points and Brad literally can't keep still enough to listen to it - to the point where Patrick has to talk him into staying and listening. So I didn't rage or anything but I thought "whats the point of this if Brad is seemingly completely uninterested in playing" We all know he's capable of paying attention and getting engrossed in the story. Brad always mentioned how in skyrim he read all those books and enjoyed the backstories of people so he must have been able to stand still to listen to them. So again, if he doesn't want to do it here, why do it at all and half ass it - the whole premise behind the site is doing fun things they enjoy.

And this. I could not agree more.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#83  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@Cloudenvy said:

Multiple people have quoted this, but I feel the need to as well just to emphasize how accurate this point is. Failure is not always caused by the game itself.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#84  Edited By tourgen

@AcidBrandon18: yeah I just saw a lot of comments from people with some unhealthy obsessive compulsive tendencies. The kind of people that you look right in the eye as you move one of the perfectly placed pens on their desk slightly out of place. Stand there and watch as they have a meltdown. completely unable to deal with anything other than (their version) of perfection. At this point I hope Brad is doing it on purpose.

what is it about gaming that attracts all of the compulsive freaks?

anyway I thought the show was entertaining. It got me a little interested in going back and checking out the first game for myself.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#85  Edited By ArbitraryWater

@Cloudenvy said:

And this is basically the difference between an informed quick look and one that is painful to watch. Like that Shadow of the Colossus one.