User Lists: 0

Max_Chill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Max_Chill

Itll probably be 360/PC. No one cares about the ps3, but they cant leave out the PC.......you know, where Duke started...........

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By HandsomeDead

Xbox 720 launch title. You heard it here first.

ltcoljaxson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By ltcoljaxson
HandsomeDead said:
"Xbox 720 launch title. You heard it here first."
That soon? No way!
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By Karmum

Yeah right.

"When emailing Microsoft and 3D Realms neither have given a response, however Xbox Evolved is confident that within the next year Microsoft and 3D Realms will announce an agreement that the game is exclusive to Xbox 360, and possibly published directly by Microsoft. We will have more as it develops, until then enjoy the screens!"

Just a Xbox fan site making up rumors.

OroJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By OroJackson

I cannot live in a world where TF2, Too Human, and DN:Forever are out for sale.

Later guys...*grabs shotgun and walks into the bathroom*

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By jakob187
HandsomeDead said:
Giving 3D Realms a lot of credit by claiming they'll have it out THAT soon!
My guess...which is not expert at all...would be that they are using this specific version of UE3 to put that extra shine on the 360 version for some hot console sales...and I would more than likely bet that it won't show up on PS3 until much later down the line ala Bioshock.  Not saying anything bad about the PS3, but typically, it seems like Microsoft wants first dibs on this sort of stuff to help promote their XBL.

What kind of saddens me is that 3D Realms is using UE3.  They are using their fucking competitor's graphics engine.  Sure, it's one of the most powerful on the market...but for crying out loud?  That would be like id Software saying Doom 4 was built with UE3!!!

Sad times, indeed...
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
jakob187 said:
"HandsomeDead said:
My guess...which is not expert at all...would be that they are using this specific version of UE3 to put that extra shine on the 360 version for some hot console sales...and I would more than likely bet that it won't show up on PS3 until much later down the line ala Bioshock.  Not saying anything bad about the PS3, but typically, it seems like Microsoft wants first dibs on this sort of stuff to help promote their XBL.

What kind of saddens me is that 3D Realms is using UE3.  They are using their fucking competitor's graphics engine.  Sure, it's one of the most powerful on the market...but for crying out loud?  That would be like id Software saying Doom 4 was built with UE3!!!

Sad times, indeed...
"

well it is 3d realms.  they've made 2?  games for the pc/360 and 0 for the ps3
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jakob187

That is a very good point.  For all we know, Microsoft bought them out or is working on it.

Who the hell knows?  As long as the game is bad ass, that's all that matters.
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Karmum
SmugDarkLoser said:
"jakob187 said:
"HandsomeDead said:

Sad times, indeed...
"

well it is 3d realms.  they've made 2?  games for the pc/360 and 0 for the ps3"
If you mean DN3D and Prey, Prey does not count. Publish does not equal develop.
Mourne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Mourne
Karmum said:
"If you mean DN3D and Prey, Prey does not count. Publish does not equal develop."
But it does mean support.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jakob187
Karmum said:
"If you mean DN3D and Prey, Prey does not count. SHIT does not equal develop."
Fixed.
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Karmum
Mourne said:
"Karmum said:
"If you mean DN3D and Prey, Prey does not count. Publish does not equal develop."
But it does mean support."
However, they did not make (or develop), Prey.
Mourne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Mourne
Karmum said:
"Mourne said:
"Karmum said:
However, they did not make (or develop), Prey."
Don't worry; I don't think this is true either, I'm just saying that they did support the game on 360 by publishing it. Support's important these days.
kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By kush

It would be the exclusive that no one cares about...except those who buy all their stuff from Wal-Mart (ie. food, clothes, cocaine)

KindGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By KindGalaxy

This is a non-news 'article' sorry, but these articles are getting so common on game news sites, 'rumor exclusive', where is the citation? Where has this rumor begun? Sounds like it's begun as a news article on Xbox Evolved with the intention of getting a few extra clicks, maybe a hyperlink on Kotaku, to get more clicks and thus advertising their website. I mean look at their title header, "talk it out... on Xbox Evolved's forums", they just want shock clicks to their website. Where is the citation that every screenshot released was on the Xbox 360 game, does the writer mean specifically the shots unlocked in Duke Nukem 3D or all screenshots, ever released for the Duke Nukem Forever game? Leaving such things vague makes it open to argument on the gaming forums; again, encouraging their own forum to be used as the means to do it.

Xbox Evolved said:

When emailing Microsoft and 3D Realms neither have given a response, however Xbox Evolved is confident that within the next year Microsoft and 3D Realms will announce an agreement that the game is exclusive to Xbox 360, and possibly published directly by Microsoft. We will have more as it develops, until then enjoy the screens!
Why are they confident? Because the citation-less conjecture boldly stating every screenshot, ever released for DNF, was X360 screens? Published Directly By Microsoft? 2K Games is the publisher for Duke Nukem Forever, when has 2K Games ever allowed a third party to publish their game? Never. My Citation Here.
This is a rumor created by Xbox Evolved with the intention of getting a handful more clicks on their website. Nothing more. Hardly professional journalism and hardly news worthy.
tmontana1004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By tmontana1004

This could be a huge win for Microsoft if true. I couldn't really care less if it's exclusive or not, but at least it's on my system of choice.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Karmum
Mourne said:
"Karmum said:
"Mourne said:
"Karmum said:
However, they did not make (or develop), Prey."
Don't worry; I don't think this is true either, I'm just saying that they did support the game on 360 by publishing it. Support's important these days."
True, the point I should be trying to get across is this: There was speculation a few months ago about DNF making it to possibly the 360/PS3, but that was it. As far as we all know, this "game" is slated for a PC release, eventually.
Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By Milkman

That article fails. The website is basing all of their rumors on the fact that Duke Nukem: Forever MIGHT be using the same version of Unreal Engine 3 as Gears of War.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By jakob187
Shit, what's any of it matter?  Like the game's ever actually coming out anyways.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By pause422

Why even post this honestly...just so you have one more "omg xbox360>all " thread? The chance that Duke Nukem Forever even comes out in this lifetime of this generation is pretty much doubtful. Hell its doubtful it will be out by 2015 or later at this rate.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By StaticFalconar

Don't matter its vaporware.