Garfield360UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Garfield360UK

Hey all

I was just wandering if the new EA Tennis game is coming to Xbox 360 and other platforms or is it a Wii only title?

It looks an interesting title from a recent press event or such that I have seen clips of and would like to see a Pro Mode (in the style of Fifa where you could make a tennis player from scratch and build up their stats, maybe even be able to use it online) and online multiplayer etc.

Anyway, thanks :)

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#2  Edited By AgentJ

I don't know if there would be much of a point to it, since the 360 already has good tennis sims, and the draw of the wii version is its use of the motion plus peripheral. Besides, i don't know whether it would take more work to upgrade the graphics of the current wii version or to create a new game entirely from scratch.

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Drebin_893

No, sorry. But for now I believe it is Wii exclusive.

Who knows what will happen beyond this game though, after all, EA have licensed Wimbledon. I doubt they'd do that for one Wii exclusive game :)
Garfield360UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Garfield360UK

Ah, shame. Thanks for letting me know anyway.

What other tennis games offer what I have put in per chance? I used to love Smash Court Tennis on Playstation 2 (I had a demo and played a heck of a lot of it with friends) but have not really had a full game since the Virtua Tennis on N-Gage.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Drebin_893

I personally like Top Spin 3. I wrote a review on it if you check my profile you can find it. Virtua Tennis 5 was ok, but I personally strongly suggest Top Spin 3.

Matty, I'm almost certain that's wrong.
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I'm almost certain it's right. IGN list it as a 360 and PS3 game too, and being multiplat it fits perfectly with EA sport's brand.

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Drebin_893

Hmm, I s'pose it's just different sites. Sorry, I hope I didn't sound rude in my earlier post, it's just what I've read.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Arkthemaniac
MattyFTM said:
"I'm almost certain it's right. IGN list it as a 360 and PS3 game too, and being multiplat it fits perfectly with EA sport's brand."
EA doesn't like to release exclusives, sure, but what about All-Play? They're built from the ground up for the Wiimote. Technically, they aren't exclusive, but they also are. 

This game was designed with a Wiimote in mind, and it's supposed to work beautifully. Rereleasing it on other consoles might hurt that. But, it would probably make money, so it's not out of the question,
Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10  Edited By Wolverine
Garfield360UK said:
"Hey allI was just wandering if the new EA Tennis game is coming to Xbox 360 and other platforms or is it a Wii only title?It looks an interesting title from a recent press event or such that I have seen clips of and would like to see a Pro Mode (in the style of Fifa where you could make a tennis player from scratch and build up their stats, maybe even be able to use it online) and online multiplayer etc.Anyway, thanks :)"
I don't think so because the point of EA Tennis is to use the motion controls of the Wii and plus the 360 already has Top Spin Virtual Tennis.