User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By thelastgunslinger
liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

Damn, is this for real? I’m sad. I’ll miss ya. Good luck!

moondogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

i don't like change. but godspeed you beautiful fool.

soupbones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By soupbones

Damn - ‪Death Stranding really broke him‬.

GB won’t be the same without you Dan. Good luck it out crazy son of a bitch!

badseed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Dan will be missed, but I wish him the best of luck as a new wrestling promotor or whatever he’s doing next.

Iridule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@badseed: He's producing Kofi Kingston's new podcast.

saturn5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lots of love to Dan and good luck in the future.

Your stories, your personality and sometimes blissful ignorance has made me laugh, made me cry and sometimes made me laugh so much it made me cry ..what else can you ask for? =)

Good luck, you will be missed!

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Good luck, Dan!

craigeve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By craigeve

Best of luck Dan, if GB had a Hall of Fame, you'd be in it.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

GLHB

bmccann42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Best of luck Dan! Looking forward to hearing where you end up!

gerrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daddy Daddy Daddy Dan finally ascending to his final form huh.

You'll be missed, hopefully will be able to guest on some podcasts and streams in the future. Nobody ever truly leaves GB after all.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn - ‪Death Stranding really broke him‬.

Glad I wasn't the only one to think this.

That's a real shame and unexpected, but I'm glad for Dan. Hopefully he'll have fun with whatever he'll be doing (it's wrestling related, right? Has to be).

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Oof. I'm sure whatever he does next will be spectacularly dumb. (In a good way). Have fun Dan.

Rahf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Best of luck, Dan. You brought a much-needed jovial chaos to the video game world.

msx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Good luck Dan!

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

I hope you’ll still moonlight All System Goku. 😔

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

<>

stantongrouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Best of luck to Dan, he's been a great part of all the bomb stuff these last few years. Hope we get treated to a few guest appearances on some video and podcast content in the future!

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

I'm crushed. Dan is a polarising GB figure but I've always been a huge fan of his shenanigans. The energy he brought to GB was undeniable, he produced a heck of a lot of great content and has been a brilliant fit, particularly with GB East. After the passing of Ryan I thought GB would really struggle to maintain its feel, but for me, Dan was a big part in providing that.

I am hugely upset at his moving on but wish him all the best of luck in the future.

Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Coming off this phoned in GOTY, losing the part of GB with by far the most drive and enthusiasm, and creative energy is a giant blow... I am really bummed out. There will be very little life left on this site.

2HeadedNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Man, this sucks. I hope everything goes well for Dan but it's always soulcrushing to lose a member of the crew, especially one that brings so much energy to everything. I will miss him.

Joe423

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good luck Dan! You'll be missed but I can't wait to hear about what you get up to next.

cool_swords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Best of luck to Dan. He is gonna leave a very weird shaped hole in GB for sure but can't wait to see what he'll be doing next.

theuprightman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good Luck Dan, you will be missed

mason_pat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn, didn't think Dan would leave! Good luck to him and I'll be sure to check out whatever it is he's doing next (assuming it's fit for public consumption)

plan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2020 is off to a rough start. My wife and I loved watching Dans stupid shoes and idiocy. Good luck to the Forest Gump of video games.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Good luck, Dan!

hyperion508

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Best of luck to you on your new venture. You'll be sorely missed.

redwing42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By redwing42

Dan is always either teriffic or horrible, often switching within minutes. There may be some things I won't miss about him, but I will definitely miss his energy and sheer drive to create content.

brian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been listening to Dan since his GameInformer days. Him and Jason making the jump to Giant Bomb was my introduction to this website. I will miss him sorely and wish him the best of luck in his future endeavors as the new President of the United States of America.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#32  Edited By alistercat

Sad to hear. I really thought he'd be in videogames forever! Wish him luck. Just cancelled my subscription but I was going to do that anyway.

effache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By effache

There was a point in time I couldn't stand to hear him spew his awful food opinions and general ignorance, but with the advent of New Dan he eventually became one of my favorite personalities on the site. I will miss seeing him in videos and I wish him luck and happiness in his future

He said he's leaving the industry and considering he himself has stated that games and wrestling are his only two areas of expertise, I don't see a lot mystery in what his next move might be. but hey, dan's always one to surprise

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I'm crushed. Dan is a polarising GB figure but I've always been a huge fan of his shenanigans. The energy he brought to GB was undeniable, he produced a heck of a lot of great content and has been a brilliant fit, particularly with GB East. After the passing of Ryan I thought GB would really struggle to maintain its feel, but for me, Dan was a big part in providing that.

I am hugely upset at his moving on but wish him all the best of luck in the future.

This is exactly how I feel.

Dan has provided so many intentional and unintentional laughs over the past few years. His enthusiasm was undeniable, and even when things would get serious, I found myself agreeing with him more than I didn't. It has been a joy to behold the transition from Old Dan to New Dan and to somewhat get to know the man behind the GB version who is a better writer than he has any right to be, who has one of the most genuinely fun relationships with a parent I've ever seen anywhere, and who actually is a solid film critic via he and Bianca's great podcast Panning the Stream.

Dan has been legitimately inspirational in his excited, open approach to everything. He's almost larger than life, to where any ridiculous story you hear about him could be true. He's the scourge of random MLB stars, the first guy to get married in a Taco Bell wedding, etc., and his adventures surely aren't done yet. I'm certain he will bring 110% to whatever comes next and it's probably going to be as great and dumb as most things Dan are. I look forward to hearing what his new venture is and who GB will bring in, but he will leave a massive void here at GB for me.

Thanks for everything, Dan. I'll pour one out for your GB career the only way I know how:

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So...wrestling, then?

I’m super curious what Dan is doing if it’s not in the games industry.

Anyhow, thanks for the years of entertainment, Dan! Whether it was pure energy, legitimately funny stuff, fandom pouring out in a hilarious way, or the sense of exasperation I’d get when rewinding a podcast so my wife could hear some “shit Dan says,” it was a great time.

You’ll be missed.

jcap0722

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A sincere thank you to Dan for years of entertainment. Good luck and we will miss you. So no Burgle my Bananas season 2?

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

dan ryckert

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am both saddened and jealous. Keep winning at life, Dan.

Don't be a stranger, OK?

AgentZigzag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There hasn't been anyone on GB in the ten years I've been following the site who I was so hot and cold on as Dan. I feel like if I'd have met Dan at College (in his throwing stink bombs into bar days) I might well have attempted to do him serious harm; listening to his unbelievable ignorance on numerous really quite important topics have had me gritting my teeth through the Beastcast and Bombcast more than once... but I feel like if I met him in real life we'd get along just fine.

Best of luck to you Dan. The mother-ship of crazy is calling you home.

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

I'm gonna miss Dan and his great energy. Hope you still visit the offices now and then.

doombot13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nutter: It seems like what it is has leaked, it's on the GB reddit if you're curious, but won't spoil it here in case he wants to announce it.

Either way, I'm going to miss Dan like the desert misses the rain. Truly irreplaceable. Best of luck to him, I look forward to hearing about his Senate run in ten years.

The man cannot be stopped.

dazzhardy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By dazzhardy

Edited: You know what, yeah, maybe not post that. It's out there where he's going if you want to know.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain_insano: @notnert427: Agreed. Dan is the best and most combustable source of energy and spontaneous humor on the site.

Vinny is the funniest and most entertaining guy, but Dan was a great muse for him.

I also think that Dan was a goddamned savior coming in when he did, after Ryan’s death. The Bombcast slumped HARD (how could it not?), and Dan’s...danness got the show back on the rails.

If Giant Bomb had a Mount Rushmore, Jeff and Ryan are the two absolute locks. I think Dan has just as much claim to a remaining slot as anyone for what he did for this site.

It’ll be interesting to see what they do without him.

Bonbonetti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

I'm really gonna miss his personality, he was a great addition to the GB crew. It will be interesting to hear what he'll do next.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I’ll let Dan make the announcement himself but this is pretty much the only reason I could ever see Dan leaving the video game industry. Good luck, Dan! It won’t be same here without you.

mousepounder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FUCK ALL VIDEOS GAMES FOREVER!

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a huge kick in the nut sack for me. It's another one of those moments where you just realise that things change. Time moves on. Nothing stays the same and sometimes it's hard to accept.

berfunkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

I'm going to miss him, but I wonder who they will choose to replace him. Someone already known to the community or a complete unknown?

doombot13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This might be a real left field idea, but maybe they could get that Jeremiah guy to come back and replace him.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By mellotronrules

@nutter said:

@captain_insano: @notnert427: Agreed. Dan is the best and most combustable source of energy and spontaneous humor on the site.

Vinny is the funniest and most entertaining guy, but Dan was a great muse for him.

I also think that Dan was a goddamned savior coming in when he did, after Ryan’s death. The Bombcast slumped HARD (how could it not?), and Dan’s...danness got the show back on the rails.

If Giant Bomb had a Mount Rushmore, Jeff and Ryan are the two absolute locks. I think Dan has just as much claim to a remaining slot as anyone for what he did for this site.

It’ll be interesting to see what they do without him.

agreed- this is a tremendous blow for gb. no question. it often feels like he is thecreative engine for the site. i'm excited to see where he goes (i have an inkling)- i hope he remains forward-facing so we can continue to check in on the lovable goofball.

and as for the site- they certainly have a big hire to make. here's hoping they're able to find someone who brings a similar passion to games while bringing some new energy to the crew.

good luck dan! i'll be lookin in on ya!