First 360 died

Sarnecki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Sarnecki

She was a launch day 360...  We mocked fate for so many years, laughing at all the others who fell to the horrible fate...  

So...  What do I do?  I'm guessing Microsoft is planning to fuck me on repair costs.  Fuckers.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

Yeah, you're pretty much boned since you're beyond the three year warranty period. I guess you can just call them (1-800-4MY-XBOX), but I'll go ahead and tell you that they'll probably say that you need to pay a $200 repair fee.

ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ninjakiller

Buy a ps3. /endsnark

DevilishSix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4  Edited By DevilishSix
Sarnecki said:
"

She was a launch day 360...  We mocked fate for so many years, laughing at all the others who fell to the horrible fate...  

So...  What do I do?  I'm guessing Microsoft is planning to fuck me on repair costs.  Fuckers.

"

Yeah I had a launch day Pro 360 that lasted until the Elite launched.  I got an Elite gave the Pro to my son and it died in a day.  I have been an 360 supporter since launch but this year has really turned me off from the Xbox brand.  I have had my Elite break twice and my sons Pro once in 18 months (that is BS almost 4 years into the platform)  Microsoft has been closing great first party studios like Ensemble,  Bungie wanted their indenpence, they want to nickel and dime last years games with exclusive dlc and their first party lineup is and will be weak.....yeah I have and will be spending most of my time with my PS3.
Sarnecki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Sarnecki

Luckily I have a PS3, and a Wii, but the 360 is easily my most played platform.  I'm confused by the 360 website.  I signed up my 360's serial code, and shocker it's not covered, but there is a notation that says there's a 3 year coverage on RRoD 360's.  Now does that mean 3 years from launch, or three years from when yours fucks up and they give you a new 360?

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

Unfortunately I'm pretty sure it's three years from original date of purchase.

DevilishSix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DevilishSix
Sarnecki said:
"Luckily I have a PS3, and a Wii, but the 360 is easily my most played platform.  I'm confused by the 360 website.  I signed up my 360's serial code, and shocker it's not covered, but there is a notation that says there's a 3 year coverage on RRoD 360's.  Now does that mean 3 years from launch, or three years from when yours fucks up and they give you a new 360?"

3 years from when you purchased your 360 then when it E74's or RROD's and they send you a refurb, the refurb has a 1 year warranty from when you get it back.
Egge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Egge

This is exactly the kind of thread I do not want to read; I bought my 360 in March 2006 and it's still working perfectly (knock on wood!) but I try to keep gaming on that console to a minimum (I buy all multiplatform titles for my PS3 instead, if a downloadable game is available both for Xbox LIVE and PSN I get it from PSN etc.).

Sarnecki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Sarnecki

It's going to happen to you Egge.  I knew it was going to happen to me...  It's only a matter of time for ALL OF US.  Dum dum dum.

Anyways...  I bet if I raise a stink I can get it fixed for free.  I just can't afford what it would cost to repair this thing at the moment.  I can go without playing 360 for a while, and anything  I want to play is likely multi-platform.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By iamjohn

I still have my launch 360.  The DVD drive is janked out, but the system still works fine and I haven't made any changes to the 360 being my primary system.  Reading this thread just makes me concerned that I'm on borrowed time. :(

Sarnecki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Sarnecki

I was kind of shocked when I saw the red.  After so many years of paranoia it catches me completely off gaurd.  I was like "No fucking way..."

jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By jNerd

That's hilarious actually Jacob.....

Hairydutchman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Hairydutchman

I didn't touch my 360 in two weeks and when I started it it suddenly was broken. Then at the same day I got my 360 back from MS it broke again!

Glad that's over now since I sold that piece of shit.

Hairydutchman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Hairydutchman
JacobBrodersen said:
"jNerd said:
"That's hilarious actually Jacob....."
And insanely pathetic :P"
I think it's very wise.
Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Scooper

Well I don't know if your Red Ring Warrenty is gone yet. I suspect so but in anycase I wrote a thing in my blog about what I'm doing with my 360. It could be a help to you so check it out.

DevilishSix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DevilishSix
Egge said:
"This is exactly the kind of thread I do not want to read; I bought my 360 in March 2006 and it's still working perfectly (knock on wood!) but I try to keep gaming on that console to a minimum (I buy all multiplatform titles for my PS3 instead, if a downloadable game is available both for Xbox LIVE and PSN I get it from PSN etc.)."

The 360 was my primarily platform even though I had a PS3, however 3 RROD's and 1 E74 later and my PS3 is my primary console and will only use 360 for future exclusives (if it ever gets any).  So glad PS3 has its own achievement system, now all it needs is cross game voice chat.
maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By maxszy
Sarnecki said:
"I was kind of shocked when I saw the red.  After so many years of paranoia it catches me completely off gaurd.  I was like "No fucking way...""
Yeah it is.

I'd call them, see how much they say it is for a repair and then make a decision what to do from there. If its $200 or more or something crazy like that, you would probably be better off just buying a new console.
chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By chaser324  Moderator
Maxszy said:
"Sarnecki said:
"I was kind of shocked when I saw the red.  After so many years of paranoia it catches me completely off gaurd.  I was like "No fucking way...""
Yeah it is.I'd call them, see how much they say it is for a repair and then make a decision what to do from there. If its $200 or more or something crazy like that, you would probably be better off just buying a new console. "
I agree. If it is going to be that much, I can pretty much guarantee you'll be better off just getting a new one. For that $200 all they'll do is just send you a refurbished unit that will probably end up breaking a few months after you get it.
Avatar image for pissedoffthewitch
pissedoffthewitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

Sarnecki said:
"

"
Yeah, mine died a year ago after like 2 or 3 years. I guess that's what I get for buying Microsoft? But damn them if their achievements weren'tso addicting.
Sarnecki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Sarnecki

Is there a way to transfer my 10g hard drive stuff to a larger 60g elite hard drive?

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By chaser324  Moderator
@Sarnecki: Yes, but you need an XBox 360 Transfer Kit.