First Episode of 3-Bit (holy shitballs)

KnifeySpoony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By KnifeySpoony

My stupid and ambitious idea I've been kicking around for a couple years has finally come to existence, a god damn podcast!  Now this is our first recording and very much so a learning experience for all of is. After finishing the editing on this episode, along with trying to get files uploaded and RSS feeds set up I just can't wait to get around to recording episode 2! That said, I should add that this is a bimonthly or biweekly podcast. By this I mean we are recordingevery two weeks. We didn't want this to be too much of a burden on our schedules, plus it gives us time to do stuff that we can talk about e.g. play games.

Now hey there Knifey, you keep going on about this, where the hell can I get access? 

We've set up our blog which you can find here. For those looking for a direct download to episode one just right click and save link as. I'm just about ready to get our podcast set up for the iTunes store, but I'm waiting on the creation of our official logo.

If you give it a listen, thanks a ton, there is an email given at the end if you want to send feedback to us (we welcome destructive criticism). This was and will continue to be recorded in an apartment with all three of us in the room, none of that weird skype bidnuss.

This first recording had me go crazy at times, so to finally be able to share it after recording on Friday the 25th makes me really happy, hope you enjoy and thanks for reading.

Neil Patrick Harris approved!
KnifeySpoony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By KnifeySpoony

My stupid and ambitious idea I've been kicking around for a couple years has finally come to existence, a god damn podcast!  Now this is our first recording and very much so a learning experience for all of is. After finishing the editing on this episode, along with trying to get files uploaded and RSS feeds set up I just can't wait to get around to recording episode 2! That said, I should add that this is a bimonthly or biweekly podcast. By this I mean we are recordingevery two weeks. We didn't want this to be too much of a burden on our schedules, plus it gives us time to do stuff that we can talk about e.g. play games.

Now hey there Knifey, you keep going on about this, where the hell can I get access? 

We've set up our blog which you can find here. For those looking for a direct download to episode one just right click and save link as. I'm just about ready to get our podcast set up for the iTunes store, but I'm waiting on the creation of our official logo.

If you give it a listen, thanks a ton, there is an email given at the end if you want to send feedback to us (we welcome destructive criticism). This was and will continue to be recorded in an apartment with all three of us in the room, none of that weird skype bidnuss.

This first recording had me go crazy at times, so to finally be able to share it after recording on Friday the 25th makes me really happy, hope you enjoy and thanks for reading.

Neil Patrick Harris approved!
Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By OwnlyUzinWonHan

Oh goodness, three people for a podcast?
I'm gonna listen to it and if I remember, give some feedback.

KnifeySpoony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By KnifeySpoony
@OwnlyUzinWonHan: Ha, who'd a thunk? Thanks for giving us a shot!
gugoebel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By gugoebel

parece calo geni ... me entendeim? esse jogo é para brasileiros ? essse jogo joga pelo saite mesmo ?

Avatar image for deactivated-59c96a6e99d9e
deactivated-59c96a6e99d9e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@KnifeySpoony:  

just downloaded. I'll return with some feedback once i've listened. congrats on your first episode!
Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By Jeust

Good luck... I'll listen to it.

Cheers

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#7  Edited By KowalskiManDown

Almost half way through, and I gotta say... you've done a pretty good job with it. I'll definately listen again.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@KnifeySpoony: 

Good first episode, guys. I'll definitely listen again. The only thing I'd suggest is a show format and summarizing what you're gonna be talking about at the start of the show. It's always nice knowing what I'll be listening to before I get into it.

LinksOcarina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#9  Edited By LinksOcarina

When I get home from class tonight i'll give it a shot, I enjoy a good podcast, so we shall see what you got man. 

Good luck with it too, it's hard to get things like this done, trust me. 

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Fallen189

Pros:

Somewhat Wizardlike

Cons:

Not quite Wizard enough.

MacGyver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By MacGyver

good job on the podcast guys, ill listen to part of it now.

KnifeySpoony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By KnifeySpoony

Enormous thanks to all who are giving us a shot and hopefully will continue listening!

@brooksee: Thanks for listening and the feedback. Just curious, was the summary listing off the games discussed on the blog post not sufficient? That is to say, easily ignored? We're going to try to keep this organic when actually recording so whatever comes up we talk about. I could maybe list in show notes where we talk about the specific games? Thanks again.
 @Fallen189: I actually have a file titled "epic wizard" which is just a clip of me during sound check shouting wizard.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By natetodamax

I demand to be mentioned in the next podcast. After all, you and I kicked Sweeps ass in CoD4. Us Marines gotta stick together, you know.

Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Coltonio7

Dude! Much respect for starting a new podcast. 

There's usually a few MINOR ISSUES on the first few episodes, but once you get the flow going it really gets enjoyable.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By natetodamax
@Coltonio7 said:
" Dude! Much respect for starting a new podcast. 

There's usually a few MINOR ISSUES on the first few episodes, but once you get the flow going it really gets enjoyable. "
KnifeySpoony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By KnifeySpoony
@Coltonio7: Ha, that was a good plug and thanks! Did you listen to any of our episode?
Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By Coltonio7
@KnifeySpoony: Yurr, listened to the first bit before studying. Not bad for a first episode, especially compared to ours.

Do you guys do it over Skype or all up in the room together?
KnifeySpoony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By KnifeySpoony
@Coltonio7: The big thing for us is we wanted to do this in person in the same room. Two out of the three of us live in the same apartment, so we get together there. What kind of microphones do you use? If I can't get my feed to be better in the next couple episodes I may possibly look into getting a new headset or maybe just a microphone.
breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#19  Edited By breadfan

I shall give this a listen later tonight.

egads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By egads
@KnifeySpoony: 

I am just about to give it a listen.  What kind of setup are you using?  i was thinking of doing a podcast myself if my blog takes off at all.  Right now my set up would be iChat (or Skype) on one comp, with a Behringer Xenyx 502 relaying my voice from a Behringer Studio Condenser microphone C-1 and the voices of my podcast mates to another computer that would be recording in garageband.
KnifeySpoony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By KnifeySpoony
@egads: Our set up at the moment is using our PC gaming headsets (very much budget) and recording a mono track on audacity for ourselves, each on our own separate computer. After we're done I get the required files of my friends' tracks and then import them and edit. 

So in short our set up is ruthlessly simple, sorry that doesn't really help in terms of podcasting via skype and recording their voices in garage band. Sounds like you have the proper equipment for the job though, which is good.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@KnifeySpoony:  

I see. Yeah, I didn't really notice the game list on the blog post. But that works if your trying to keep it organic like you mentioned. Maybe explain that though, towards the beginning of the show. If you show format is to just talk about whatever comes up, let listeners know that.
egads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By egads
@KnifeySpoony: 

The podcast sounds really good, from the couple minutes of it that I listened to already.  I dont think you require any of the stuff I have, but the gamerswithjobs guys put up a "Make you own podcast" post and I just followed their instructions.  But I might simplify given how good yours turned out.
KnifeySpoony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By KnifeySpoony
@brooksee: Duly noted, thanks :).

@egads: Wow haha, thanks a lot for the compliment. I should let you in on a secret, I spent a long time editing to get it to sound the way it does. Let me know what you think once you've finished it, if your opinions change. 

There was a weird occurrence where after a certain amount of time recording in audacity, there would be the tiniest bit of lag, this amplified by trying to sync two other tracks prone to the same thing made it pretty frustrating. The audio recording for my track was also significantly quieter than the others, so I had to mess around with figuring out how loud was loud enough because I needed to tone down the others as well.

Do a test run for your setup and see how the editing process goes for you. If it's difficult, maybe try out audacity.
Symphony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#25  Edited By Symphony
Whee, listening now.
Symphony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Symphony

*facepalm* OMG... comparing Leviathan to a fucking Pokemon.... 

That Beatles Rockband poll sounds like it was a marketing device to test to see the popularity of the songs to see if they'd be successful as DLC. I doubt they'll jack the price up of single songs, but you can bet your ass someone in Harmonix marketing was asking,"What songs can we make the most money off of as DLC?" The same happened with RB2 -- just ask yourself why Journey's "Anyway you want it" was included while "Don't Stop Believing" was DLC that came out shortly after, and their answer as to why they didn't include Don't Stop was incredibly evasive.

Whee finished. Excellent done, guys. That was enjoyable even if the Halo stuff was lost on me ;P Looking forward to the next one!

But dudes... you didn't know what a Leviathan was? Y'all need to go play Final Fantasy IV.

Tiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Tiwi

This was great. You guys should be proud! :-)

KnifeySpoony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By KnifeySpoony
@Symphony:  Hahahaha, you can blame all of our ignorance for that one. I haven't played Final Fantasy but we all have a lot of familiarity with pokémon, so I'm assuming that's where Kyle's initial comparison came from. Also I completely agree, I don't think they are going to charge a premium for something like Hey Jude, but sure it crossed their minds that they can make more money if they put it out as DLC. It is still a huge bummer that the ending of The Beatles: Rock Band is the 2:20 ending of an album they are releasing later. 

The idea I have behind Hey Jude as the last song is for it to be completely based off of this live television broadcast.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLVywY5EwoA

@tiwi: Ha thanks, any particulars you liked?
Tiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Tiwi
@KnifeySpoony: Now i want to punch you in the gut. NEVER FUCKING PLAYED A FINAL FANTASY GAME? *bitch slaps myself to keep cool*
I liked when you talked around the intro of a game... I was sitting there going "well this is kinda unnecessary, but what the heck. but I'm listening to this while playing SFIV, so what the heck."
I also like how your voices sounded. that might sound a little weird but you guys had comfortable voices. *goes off you listen to podcast in underwear*

and you didn't know WTF a leviathan was? i guess you're one of those who didn't know what kraken was before it was in pirates of the Caribbean and had never head of  a Tarasque ! 
(no one has heard of a tarasque but me... but hey! feel free to look it up)

Edit: i noticed i wrote "what the heck" twice. that was uncalled for and i apologize.
Symphony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Symphony
@tiwi said:
" @KnifeySpoony: Now i want to punch you in the gut. NEVER FUCKING PLAYED A FINAL FANTASY GAME? *bitch slaps myself to keep cool* I liked when you talked around the intro of a game... I was sitting there going "well this is kinda unnecessary, but what the heck. but I'm listening to this while playing SFIV, so what the heck." I also like how your voices sounded. that might sound a little weird but you guys had comfortable voices. *goes off you listen to podcast in underwear*  and you didn't know WTF a leviathan was? i guess you're one of those who didn't know what kraken was before it was in pirates of the Caribbean and had never head of  a Tarasque !  (no one has heard of a tarasque but me... but hey! feel free to look it up)  Edit: i noticed i wrote "what the heck" twice. that was uncalled for and i apologize. "
Pfft, any D&D player worth their dice knows what a Tarasque is. I will say the members of the podcast almost made up for their Leviathan ignorance when they mentioned Cthulu and Lovecraft.

Augh we're all nerds!
KnifeySpoony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By KnifeySpoony
@tiwi: Hahahahah, well I sort of alluded to it during the Monkey Island talk, but I never got a chance to play many games in the 90s. So because of this, I haven't played a whole lot from the NES, SNES, Genesis, etc.
Luckily I can say I did know what a Kraken was before Pirates.

@Symphony: Good to know we have at least some redeeming qualities to accompany our enraging ones :D.