Forced to change Live name...

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Barrock

Read this on another forum and I thought it was pretty funny.

http://crackamcnast.blogspot.com/2010/02/fourth-one-xbox-can-suck-it.html

Me: I've had my name, "Cracka McNasty" for over 5 years now (ever since I was about 16) and today, of all the days I've had it, it has been deemed "inappropriate". I am 22 now, and I would like to know why my name is all of a sudden unsuitable for use on Xbox Live. I have never had a problem with my name on Xbox Live before, or any other online community for that matter, I use it everywhere. I am an Irish American who enjoys eating saltine crackers. I wanted people to understand that I enjoy Crackers, that I am "nasty" at video games, and that I am of Irish decent. Hence the name, Cracka(saltines) Mc(Irish)Nasty(self explanitory). I just do not understand. Is Xbox now prejudice against the Irish community? I hope this isn't the case, because there would probably be bigger ramifications in terms of a suit if this were true. I do not want to change my name, I would like to keep it the way it was. I feel like "Cracka McNasty" has become my own personal name in the online community. It is as much a part of my identity as the one my parents gave me when I was born, and asking me to change it seems "inappropriate" to me. 

Moderator: The team will not deliberate forced name changes. When the tag is changed, you will again have access to the Live service. Additionally, the term "Cracka", or any variation is a derogatory term. * Don't create a gamertag, profile content, or in-game content that other users may be offended by, this includes comments that look, sound like, stand for, hint at, abbreviate, or insinuate any of the following: profane words/phrases, topics or content of a sexual nature, hate speech (including but not limited to racial, ethnic, or religious slurs), illegal drugs/controlled substances, or illegal activities. * Don't create a gamertag, profile content, or in-game content that references controversial religious topics, notorious people, organizations, or sensitive current or historical events that may also be considered inappropriate.

Me: I had no idea that the term "Cracka" was a racial slur. What race does it slur? My name simply means that I like saltine crackers, there was no malice behind it. Is there any way for people to understand that I meant the delicious salty treat and not the derogatory term? Maybe if I put a disclaimer in my profile's motto that said "My name is in reference to saltines, not the derogatory racial term", would that work? I'm sorry for the questions, but I really want to keep my name, I meant no ill will toward any race or person when I made it. I just don't think it's fair to punish me for other people's definitions of a random word and their racial intolerance.

Moderator: There is no ill fairness to you alone, no inappropriate gamertag will be allowed on the system. Use words that have no derogatory meaning for your new gamertag. Me: I'm confused as to what would be deemed appropriate by today's standards. It seems like anything you say could be misconstrued in such a way as to offending someone else in this PC culture that we live in. I can hardly think of another name that I would be comfortable playing online under. Would the name "Heavy Metal Jesus" be an acceptable replacement name if it is available? Moderator: Unfortunately not because it contains "jesus" which is a "notorious and religious" figure and can therefor be offensive to someone non religious. 

Me: What about the name "Katrina the Destroyer"? That has no religious overtones and is a tribute to my dog who likes to eat my girlfriend's shoes. She's a little terror lol Smile [:)] Mod: I will say this, Katrina also killed and/or displaced a lot of people when she came ashore in New Orleans. "sensitive current or historical events that may also be considered inappropriate" Me: That is ridiculous. Just because there was a hurricane that happens to have the same name as my dog, I can't use the name? People still aren't over that? That was like 5 years ago. I thought everything was fixed when the Saints won the super bowl. Can I please just keep my old name?

Mod: No 

Me: Alright, alright fine. I didn't want to do this, but I guess I have to now. My Austrian roommate (who sounds just like Arnold Schwarzenegger, no lie) and I bet that I would be able to convince you guys to let me keep my name. He said I wouldn't be able to do so, so now I have to name my gamertag after him: "Adolf Was Right", will that fly? 

Mod: Absolutely not. People will think that you are talking about Hitler and his attempted genocide of the Jewish race. That is completely out of the question.

Me: I can't believe that those poor people over there still can't live down the psychotic ideas that one individual had so long ago. They aren't Nazis any more you know, they are good people. My roommate and his family are some of the nicest people you will ever know, with no ties to the Nazi party. Adolf happens to be a very popular name over there. 

Mod: I'm sorry, I'm sure your roommate is a nice guy, but you are not allowed to use that name.

Me: I'm Jewish and I'm not offended by the name at all... 

Mod: That's all well and good, but you are the only one who would know which "Adolf" you would be referring to, and the most significant figure in history with that name happens to be Hitler. "Don't create a gamertag, profile content, or in-game content that references controversial religious topics, notorious people, organizations, or sensitive current or historical events that may also be considered inappropriate." I'm sorry but the answer is no.

Me: Fine. How about "GeorgeDoubleJewBush"? Not only does it represent my religion, but also my political beliefs. 

Mod: No again. Not only is the name too long, but it also refers to a religious belief. Please refer to my responses about your "Heavy Metal Jesus" and "Adolf Was Right" ideas.

Me: You guys are giving me nothing to work with here. It is impossible to come up with any name that I would not only be happy with, but I can identify with as well. Well, I use to be a huge fan of Dragon Ball Z. Maybe I could name myself after my favorite character from the series. How does "Hail Mr. Satan" work? 

New Mod: This forum will not be used to pre-screen gamertags or profile content. Follow these guidelines, and you will have no hassles.
Kiemoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Kiemoe

Thank you. Thank you very much for this post.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By JJWeatherman

lol. Adolf was right.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By JJOR64

I love his "Hail Mr. Satan" one.  I should use that.       :P

RoujinX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By RoujinX

Is Cornflower considered a racial slur? If so... Those XBox Mods are a bunch of cornflowers.
Ace829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Ace829

Political Correctness FTL

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By OmegaPirate

brilliant :D

GeneralTurkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By GeneralTurkle

lol GeorgeDoubleJewBush

I giggled

baconbits33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By baconbits33

Dude.... lol Seriously my friend has a photo of his gf's breasts as an avatar on xbox live and he hasn't gotten in trouble yet. So this is pretty damn funny.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#10  Edited By JJWeatherman
@baconbits33 said:
" Dude.... lol Seriously my friend has a photo of his gf's breasts as an avatar on xbox live and he hasn't gotten in trouble yet. So this is pretty damn funny. "
Only friends can see your "personal" picture though. Unlikely he'll ever get caught.
baconbits33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By baconbits33
@JJWeatherman said:
" @baconbits33 said:
" Dude.... lol Seriously my friend has a photo of his gf's breasts as an avatar on xbox live and he hasn't gotten in trouble yet. So this is pretty damn funny. "
Only friends can see your "personal" picture though. Unlikely he'll ever get caught. "
lol I don't even think she knows.
landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By landon

Your favorite character from DBZ was Mr. Satan? You deserve to have your name changed.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Barrock
@Landon said:
" Your favorite character from DBZ was Mr. Satan? You deserve to have your name changed. "
Not me, and he picked Mr. Satan because... well its obvious.
Cracka_McNasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Cracka_McNasty

Thanks for the publicity Barrock

Spike94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Spike94
@Kiemoe said:
"Thank you. Thank you very much for this post. "
Gr1mace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Gr1mace

My other tag is ZombehJezus, wonder when that'll get smacked outta Live.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Barrock
@Cracka_McNasty said:
" Thanks for the publicity Barrock "
This is the man himself.
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18  Edited By LiquidPrince

Nice XD

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#19  Edited By natetodamax

That was excellent, well done.

Cracka_McNasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Cracka_McNasty
@Barrock said:
" @Cracka_McNasty said:
" Thanks for the publicity Barrock "
This is the man himself. "
hi
ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#21  Edited By ch13696

Wow. After seeing a bunch of posts of people getting banned, it makes me wonder if I'm next. And my GT is ch13696. I want to see them try to ban that. HA!!

K0rN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By K0rN

Cool story bro.
agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By agentboolen

I'm just going to say probably because "Crack" is a drug and "Nasty" is basically saying your bad.  Yea I know its stupid but thats how they do these things.  On a side note I have a friend that comes up with bad names constantly waiting for them to tell him to chance it, he basically has a new name every month....  Its funny as hell.

BackpackKat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#24  Edited By BackpackKat

I had to change mine from John Asscream, first to buttcream but they got mad, so I said ball cream they suspened my account 1 day for that! I got pissed and changed it to Vagcream and kept that for 5 weeks before they caught on and banned me  for a week after that. I decided on Bleepcream with my motto "Fill in the Bleep" I think I won in the end because peoples own minds our way more disgusting than I can ever put in my gamertag.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SeriouslyNow

ADIDAS.

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Mmmslash
@agentboolen: Wait, what? You're being sarcastic, right? I mean, clearly we're talking about the fact that 'Cracka' = 'Cracker', a racial disparagement for Caucasian folk?
Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#27  Edited By Rowr

quit making trouble and change your handle to "basketofpuppies" already.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#28  Edited By TheGreatGuero
@ch13696 said:
" Wow. After seeing a bunch of posts of people getting banned, it makes me wonder if I'm next. And my GT is ch13696. I want to see them try to ban that. HA!! "
Dude, you're in trouble. Let's break it down. Your gamertag has 69 in it, which is a sexual position, and thereby it makes your gamertag offensive and inappropriate. It also has 696, and if you flip that 9 around, it's 666 which has ties to Satan and is just unacceptable for a gamertag. "ch" are the first 2 letters in the derogatory term "chink", and it's very clear to everyone on Xbox Live that it is exactly what you're referring in a devious attempt to bypass Microsoft's offensive gamertag filters. Furthermore, your gamertag contains the number 13, and by golly that number just happens to be the unluckiest one of them all, and therefore is too bold, defiant, and suggestively dangerous to be included in a gamertag. Might I suggest "GoMicrosoftGo" or "UnoffensiveGamerTag"?
TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#29  Edited By TheHT

lol wow you're a douchebag.

however your post was informative. microsoft clearly has androids employed. it's only a matter of time before they enslave us all, and with the patience on those things we're in for a long haul.

Cracka_McNasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Cracka_McNasty

I was thinking of changing it to TheLolocaust and seeing how long it would take them to ban that one too.

MrSnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By MrSnow
@Spike94 said:

" @Kiemoe said:

"Thank you. Thank you very much for this post. "
"
Inf225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#32  Edited By Inf225

That was the greatest thing ever...

Alex_Murphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Alex_Murphy

I think they had a guy who's real life last name was Gaylord and they made him change it.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Barrock
@Alex_Murphy said:
" I think they had a guy who's real life last name was Gaylord and they made him change it. "
His first name was Richard or... Dick, too. Poor guy.
Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Coombs

I used to use GIJesus, never had a problem.
Me and a buddy used to use the name Pr3t33n0rga5m for griefing. Got voice banned several times, But they never said a word about the name.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#36  Edited By wefwefasdf
@Alex_Murphy said:
" I think they had a guy who's real life last name was Gaylord and they made him change it. "
Yeah, it was ridiculous.  

OP - That was hilarious! 
Avatar image for equal_opportunity_destroyer497
Equal_Opportunity_Destroyer497

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

That was effing great. Such PC nonsense.

Yukoei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Yukoei
@Cracka_McNasty said:
"I was thinking of changing it to TheLolocaust and seeing how long it would take them to ban that one too. "
Haha xD WIN.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By StaticFalconar

I wonder how that guy got to ever keep that name in the first place

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Azteck
@Cracka_McNasty: I applaud you for this.
Brockly46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Brockly46
@GeneralTurkle said:
" lol GeorgeDoubleJewBush  I giggled "
as did I
Jadeskye

Forum Posts