Game that disgusted, nauseated or was the most revolting to you?

• 67 results
Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

@Dagbiker said:

Should I be angry that there is a rather extensive wiki page on that game here? It's like Twilight in video games before Twilight was Twilight.

predator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By predator

I think Hexen II is the only game that has given me constant nausea.

beeftothetaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By beeftothetaco

There's a mod out there for the L4D2 map "Dead Centre" (a mall, for those who don't know) that gives the zombies human civilian skins and makes them run away from the players whilst screaming. The Survivors all get M60's.

That's the most messed up thing I've seen in a video game in recent memory.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#54  Edited By Milkman

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

@Dagbiker said:

Should I be angry that there is a rather extensive wiki page on that game here? It's like Twilight in video games before Twilight was Twilight.

If you're angry about that, you'll be PISSED that Vinny and Dave did an impromptu Endruance Run of it.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By McGhee

Not gaming, but speaking to women being raped by nasty shit. I was haunted for a couple years when I was in my early teens after reading the scene in one of Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth books where those evil nuns performed a ritual where they were raped by demons. I really disturbed me, especially considering that I was super Christian and really believed demons existed.

kgb0515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56  Edited By kgb0515

Yeah, Duke Nukem pretty much offended every adult sensibility that I have, and I found it to be unplayable. Perhaps I take myself too seriously these days, but seriously. This game should have never been made.

jerseyscum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By jerseyscum

Bad Japanese Hentai Game: I'm not giving a title. Fuck off.

Someone else here's done it. You fired up bittorrent (the only solace in my heart is not giving this bastards a rotten yen for their troubles) and attempted to "play" one of these abominations for a sense of ironic pleasure. I knew it was not going to be good, but I might be able to get a cheap laugh out of it.

99.9% of all Japanese ero-games/shitty visual novels are exercises in both mind crushing boredom and some of the darkest recesses of human sexuality. The fucking common themes of brutalization and subjection of women makes me weep for the human species. Somebody drew and wrote this completely fucked storyline and characters that just get a little worked up and just have to rape a bitch. You just get the vapors and shit just happens. These games read like the bad fan-fiction and gender attitudes of the main villain from Persona 4 for fuck's sake. I'm intentionally withholding the title, but I'll describe it. It takes place in a college (I'm assuming that this detail might have been changed for the English release to not put the players on an FBI watch list) where the male protagonist's geeky female friend engages in a botched scientific experiment that turns our hero into a attractive teenage girl. Hijinks ensue.

It's a bit like The Fly or Freaky Friday. There also is a scene where the main character runs the risk of being gang-raped by two drunk middle-aged men in a karaoke bar. I wish I'm making this up.

I know that Japanese culture isn't obsessed with this kind of garbage and it's a fringe element.....but it's not helping.

I'm also taking an educated guess that somebody here has a pirated copy of this title themselves. Only it's been played through multiple times and their keyboard might be a touch sticky as a result.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#58  Edited By FancySoapsMan
@ervonymous: Corpse Party made me feel really uncomfortable. So many things about that game are just wrong.
huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#59  Edited By huntad

I can't think of any that disgusted me. There's gotta be one, but I just don't know.

Wait, that Binding of Isaac trailer on the Steam store scares the shit outta me! But the game itself is totally fine.

bmeason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By bmeason

@Mesoian said:

The fact that you remember it so vividly means that it stuck with you and gave you an emotional charge. More stories need to do this. Of course, the real question is, is there an equvilant emotional response you get from "solving the problem"?

Being upset at something in a story isn't necessarily a bad thing. The thing that makes it so interesting in games is that you get to be in the role of the dealer of vengeance, which should add to the emotional outcry you feel. It just needs to be handled well.

This. And Only this. Two Cheers for you sir!

bmeason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By bmeason

@Milkman: @Milkman said:

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

@Dagbiker said:

If you're angry about that, you'll be PISSED that Vinny and Dave did an impromptu Endruance Run of it.

It's funny to me, I was 13 when I played this game and the moment seemed so acting to me - it never struck. Immaturity helped me with this. I look at this now as a 30 year old man and think, wtf - did it really need to be that way? Does this solution have a cause in our landscape? Can we be put face to face with demons and understand the torture? Does it make us better, more empathetic? Are we just acting out cruel fantasies of our own delusional mind thought.... !?

Does a first person shooter make you want to commit a subway massacre?

Can video games become a story telling element...

Are you carded when you buy a book? Is this giving us premature images to fill our brains when we read other fiction that covers it?

If we have no preconceived notion of what a "rape" is when we read text describing it... is it more humane?

Fuck me. The human condition is a hard one to encompass.

I think it all boils down to morals and what you deem acceptable... Entertainment is just so, if you find it offensive, by all means abandon it.

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jerseyscum said:

Someone else here's done it. You fired up bittorrent (the only solace in my heart is not giving this bastards a rotten yen for their troubles) and attempted to "play" one of these abominations for a sense of ironic pleasure. I knew it was not going to be good, but I might be able to get a cheap laugh out of it.

99.9% of all Japanese ero-games/shitty visual novels are exercises in both mind crushing boredom and some of the darkest recesses of human sexuality. The fucking common themes of brutalization and subjection of women makes me weep for the human species. Somebody drew and wrote this completely fucked storyline and characters that just get a little worked up and just have to rape a bitch. You just get the vapors and shit just happens. These games read like the bad fan-fiction and gender attitudes of the main villain from Persona 4 for fuck's sake. I'm intentionally withholding the title, but I'll describe it. It takes place in a college (I'm assuming that this detail might have been changed for the English release to not put the players on an FBI watch list) where the male protagonist's geeky female friend engages in a botched scientific experiment that turns our hero into a attractive teenage girl. Hijinks ensue.

It's a bit like The Fly or Freaky Friday. There also is a scene where the main character runs the risk of being gang-raped by two drunk middle-aged men in a karaoke bar. I wish I'm making this up.

I know that Japanese culture isn't obsessed with this kind of garbage and it's a fringe element.....but it's not helping.

I'm also taking an educated guess that somebody here has a pirated copy of this title themselves. Only it's been played through multiple times and their keyboard might be a touch sticky as a result.

I know exactly what game you're referring to sadly enough. The only positive I can think of is that I didn't pay for that trash. I freaking -hate- rape, and that is ALL that damn game was.

Play Little Busters, you'll feel a LOT better afterwards.

jerseyscum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By jerseyscum

@Random45 said:

@jerseyscum said:

I know exactly what game you're referring to sadly enough. The only positive I can think of is that I didn't pay for that trash. I freaking -hate- rape, and that is ALL that damn game was.

Play Little Busters, you'll feel a LOT better afterwards.

*sigh*

At least I didn't suffer alone. Let's just call it "Game X".

thatdutchguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By thatdutchguy

most call of duty games

sprode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By sprode

@Mesoian said:

The fact that you remember it so vividly means that it stuck with you and gave you an emotional charge. More stories need to do this. Of course, the real question is, is there an equvilant emotional response you get from "solving the problem"?

Being upset at something in a story isn't necessarily a bad thing. The thing that makes it so interesting in games is that you get to be in the role of the dealer of vengeance, which should add to the emotional outcry you feel. It just needs to be handled well.

I agree completely. This is a requisite to great storytelling, and the fact that a story makes one feel a negative emotion such as disgust doesn't mean it should be met with repulsion.

And considering what comes out of some sectors of politics lately (and Duke Nukem and Game X), it would seem that telling such a story about such a topic is both a positive and a necessity.

While I have never played a game I couldn't handle, the most disgusting thing I can think of was Dragon Age II... nah, it has to do with rape in DA:O. Well, having played as an elf, there seems to be a lot of it in that game, but just think of the Broodmother's poem...

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#66  Edited By Bocam
Deleth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#67  Edited By Deleth

@sprode said:

@Mesoian said:

I agree completely. This is a requisite to great storytelling, and the fact that a story makes one feel a negative emotion such as disgust doesn't mean it should be met with repulsion.

And considering what comes out of some sectors of politics lately (and Duke Nukem and Game X), it would seem that telling such a story about such a topic is both a positive and a necessity.

While I have never played a game I couldn't handle, the most disgusting thing I can think of was Dragon Age II... nah, it has to do with rape in DA:O. Well, having played as an elf, there seems to be a lot of it in that game, but just think of the Broodmother's poem...

Think about that line just indefinitely worse and you have the whole Arcanum thing. And while things having an impact on you is a necessity if you want to tell a decent story there are loads and loads of ways to do it wrong. In fact I don't remember the Arcanum incident not for it being good but for being utterly disgusting and nauseating to the point where it made me give up on the game and feeling physically ill.