Games that you regret purchasing

GrahamMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 11

#201  Edited By GrahamMaster

A Yu-Gi-Oh when I was like 11 and Mercenaries 2.

LackLuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#202  Edited By LackLuster

Final Fantasy 13 and Too Human

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#203  Edited By Flappy

Breath of Fire V: Dragon Quarter
Grandia III
Psi Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy (Because it will forever have a cliffhanger ending.)

Pimparooni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#204  Edited By Pimparooni

Hearts of Iron III. It was only 10 bucks!!! But with no decent tutorial and no one to help online, even with all my motivation to learn it I had to give up. 

blazerx9x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#205  Edited By blazerx9x
@lawlerballer said:
" Mafia 2 "
i kinda hated the demo
Avatar image for deactivated-608a5477560df
deactivated-608a5477560df

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Two Worlds

Helushune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By Helushune

I got a bunch of stuff free that I regret having, does that count?
That list includes:
Lost Odyssey
Crackdown
Ninja Gaiden II (360 version)
Tenchu Z
Shadowrun

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By Pinworm45

ODST

blazerx9x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By blazerx9x
@Helushune said:
" I got a bunch of stuff free that I regret having, does that count? That list includes: Lost Odyssey Crackdown Ninja Gaiden II (360 version) Tenchu Z Shadowrun "
UUUHM, free stuff is never regretful....at least, in some cases.
Helushune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By Helushune
@blazerx9x said:
" @Helushune said:
" I got a bunch of stuff free that I regret having, does that count? That list includes: Lost Odyssey Crackdown Ninja Gaiden II (360 version) Tenchu Z Shadowrun "
UUUHM, free stuff is never regretful....at least, in some cases. "
Well, I wish I hadn't played those, free or not; especially Shadowrun.  Out of them, Lost Odyssey was probably the best but I worked on that too, heh. 
TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I started to make a list of the games I regret buying with some detailed explanations, then I realized how many games this gen I've regretted, and I didn't want to think about it anymore. Ha. Well, I'm here to give it a second shot. I'll try to keep it shorter this time.

• The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Xbox 360) - This was one of the games I bought when I first got my 360, and I couldn't wait to play it. It really looked just like my kind of game, and resembled Lord of the Rings in many ways, in a time when LOTR was all the rage. I thought it looked so impressive and couldn't wait to explore it's vast world. Yeah, then I played it. This game has the potential to be so great, but too many nagging annoyances hinder it tremendously, to the point where I never got much enjoyment out of it at all. Except melee attacking crabs and wolves. I swear, you gotta try it. It's a blast! Uppercutting wolves is like the most amazing thing ever.
  • Viewtiful Joe (Gamecube) - Man, I added this one to my Christmas list back when it came out because of all the positive reviews it was getting. In the end, it never really clicked with me. I liked the style, and the gameplay was pretty cool, but I absolutely hate Viewtiful Joe as a character. He's so unbelievably annoying. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he'll be in the next Smash Bros game. Sure, I think he'd fit in nicely, but truthfully, I just want to beat the snot out of him again and again.
  • Guitar Hero 5 (Xbox 360) - Look, it's not bad. I had some good times with it and it has some good songs, but to be honest, the whole reason I bought the game was because preordering it meant getting Guitar Hero: Van Halen for free! Yeah! Well, I think most of you know how that one turned out. What a bummer.
  • Soul Calibur 2 (Gamecube) - I bought this one blindly without having played it first, mainly because Link as a playable fighter was just too cool, and also because I loved Soul Edge in the arcade. I missed out on Soul Calibur since I didn't own a Dreamcast, and was only able to play it once in an arcade. Anyway, it's appeal wore off very quickly to me. I hated how whole special moves were mapped to the c-stick and I totally do not support that kind of gameplay idea whatsoever. Plus Link didn't really fit in very well, and while the characters were mainly pretty awesome, I was appalled by how terrible the unlockable alternate costumes were. Really, I didn't get nearly enough mileage out of it to justify the full-price purchase.
  • Viva Pinata (Xbox 360) - I love Rare, and think they were truly one of the greatest gaming companies of all time. So when Viva Pinata came out and was getting a lot of review love, I wanted it. Well, unfortunately, it didn't go so well. The game is just way too stressful, time consuming, chaotic, and small. I thought it was going to be a nice, peaceful game, similar to something like Animal Crossing. I was really disappointed to find out that you can't just have one massive garden with all different types of pinatas and habitats, so you basically have to make several small gardens catering to each type of enviroment you want. I'm getting stressed just thinking about it.
  • Super Mario Galaxy (Nintendo Wii) - I might get some backlash for this one, but truthfully, I don't care for Super Mario Galaxy. I absolutely don't think it's the pinnacle of Mario games. In fact, I firmly believe it's the worst of the 3D Mario games and that it's rather mediocre overall. I played through this whole game and kept hoping it would get better, and it just never did. I have a lot of issues with the game, and I just don't think it's worthy of all it's extreme praise. In fact, I was so disappointed with this game that since then I have instituted a personal rule of never buying games before playing them. Howver, on the contrary, I really loved Super Mario Galaxy 2 and I thought it really improved most of the original game's shortcomings.
  • Perfect Dark Zero (Xbox 360) - I may one day be able to remove this game from my list, if I can ever actually play it. I tried playing it a little, but the aiming just feels so wrong and awkward no matter how I adjust the settings. Seriously, it's bad enough to the point where it's completely kept me from liking the game. I hope I can give it another chance and overcome this.
  • Donkey Kong Country 3 (Wii Virtual Console) - I missed out on DKC3 back on the SNES. Actually, scratch that. I intentionally skipped it. I was annoyed that they centered the game around characters other than Donkey and Diddy Kong. To me, back when I was like 11, that was straight up heresy. From what I understand, I missed out on a really good game, so I jumped on the opportunity to play it many years later when it came to Virtual Console. Unfortunately, the controls are so horribly butchered that the game is practically unplayable without the Wii Classic Controller. I have 3 Gamecube controllers, and am not willing to buy into Nintendo's scam and purchase a Classic Controller, so this was a nice waste of $8. Also, the graphics look unbelievably horrendous! It's hard to look at.
  • Burnout Paradise (Xbox 360) - While I really loved Burnout 3: Takedown, I was disappointed with Revenge, and the new open-world structure of Paradise really hasn't worked for me. I haven't played the game much, and I have the feeling I never really will. I'd like to enjoy it at least half as much as others do. Afterall, everyone says it's such a great game.
  • Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City (Xbox 360) - Alright, here's the deal with this one. I love GTAIV and think it's possibly the best game of this entire generation of games. I downloaded The Lost and the Damned, and while it was short, I had a total blast with it. Then The Ballad of Gay Tony was approaching, and my 20GB hard drive was already maxed out without stuff that I could afford to delete. I was totally stoked to play this new GTAIV expansion, and would have preferred to just download it, but being stuck in this situation, I got the disc version instead, and was happy about this idea after learning my favorite GTA DJ would be returning to host Vice City FM, which was exclusive to the disc. Well, I have to admit Gay Tony let me down pretty hard. It wasn't everything I hoped it would be, and at that point, GTAIV's limitations really started showing their age. I think I'd feel less regret over it if I would have just been able to download The Ballad as DLC, rather than paying for The Lost and Damned all over again to get the disc.

Considering how long my list already is, I'm going to keep portable games out of it.
c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By c1337us

I don't think there is anything I regret buying. There are plenty I think I should have paid less for though.

TheRuralJuror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By TheRuralJuror
@Buck_Sexington said:
" Brutal Legend. The demo suckered me into thinking it would be a good 3rd person RPG but it turned out to be a super short crappy RTS wannabe  Madden 10. I suck hard at it "
Exactly what happened to me. Very misleading demo.
conojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By conojo

Overlord. Damn Pikmin-esque nonsense...

bosshog70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#215  Edited By bosshog70

Driver3 awful game

Avatar image for deactivated-57d3a53d23027
deactivated-57d3a53d23027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Red Dead Redemption - aaaah fuck! It still pisses me off. I gave the game to a friend (because that's better than having to sell it or snapping the disc).

defaulttag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By defaulttag

Dante's Inferno

Sarkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By Sarkhan

Ninja Gaiden Z, Fuel (though i only payed 5 bucks for that), Eye of judgment (Fun game but gets old fast) And Joe Danger. I really thought Joe Danger would play more like  

Excitebike. Think thats about it :) 

Oh! And Total Recall for the NES :)
birchman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#219  Edited By birchman

I must say Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10. It... just wasn't fun.

Orangefreak92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By Orangefreak92

Sacred fucking 2 for the 360....That game was full of bugs....

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By MeierTheRed

Hrm just to name a few: 

Halo 3 
Perfect Dark Zero 
Peter Jacksons King Kong 
Eat Led 
Transformers The Game

Avatar image for fish_face_mcgee
Fish_Face_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By Fish_Face_McGee

Resident Evil 4: Wii and Goldeneye Rogue Agent.

Mono_Listo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#223  Edited By Mono_Listo

I'm not enamored with Phantasy Star Portable for the PSP. I was expecting something different, and there's a lot of running around not doing shit. Also, no lock on for ranged weaponary/spells/whatever. Is kind of a disappointment.

Jost1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 17

#224  Edited By Jost1

Metroid Other M is not worth 50 bux

harrisonave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By harrisonave

Def Jam Icon.  I sold it ages ago, but that's a stink I'll never wash off.

KimChi4U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By KimChi4U

Looking at my collection of games from this console generation, these games were complete suckage: 

Stuntman: Ignition 
Perfect Dark Zero 
Army of Two 
Viking: Subtitle of Something that I can't bother to get out of my chair to read 
Rainbow Six Vegas 2 
Star Ocean 4: The Last Hope 

This is what happens when your only source of non-internet gaming shopping comes from a local supermarket that MAY get new releases in stock within one month of release. Yes, E-MART in Jeonju, South Korea, I'm talking about your shitty ass selection. I've stopped going there because I get too tempted to buy something from them. Play-Asia.com all the way from now on.
ThePhenomenal1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By ThePhenomenal1
@blazerx9x said:
" @ThePhenomenal1 said:
" metroid other m "
O_O "
sorry but that game is shit-on-face bad. i can't even finish it. they've completely ruined the franchise and samus' character for me.
schizogony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By schizogony

I regret no game purchases.

Mono_Listo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By Mono_Listo
@ThePhenomenal1: I have to agree. I'm usually very forgiving of awkward design decisions that don't exactly pan out to greatness, but Other M was really just a catastrophe of bad design and story telling ideas.
Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By Karl_Boss

Far Cry 2, Mass Effect 2, Mad Moxxi DLC, Too Human, and I'm starting to regret buying Ninja Blade

rahulricky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#231  Edited By rahulricky

Lips, turns out when there are only 2 songs you want to sing, its not worth having the damn mics.
ThePhenomenal1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By ThePhenomenal1
@Unknown_Pleasures said:
" Far Cry 2, Mass Effect 2, Mad Moxxi DLC, Too Human, and I'm starting to regret buying Ninja Blade "
ok i agree with all of those except mass effect 2. what didn't you like about that game? i found that game to be amazing enough to finish 3 times and get an S rank.
jblp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By jblp

This is meaningful to me because of 2 recent purchases.   

Mafia 2 
APB 

These purchases have caused me to stop pre-ordering games simply because I assume they will be good. Because these games were complete poop.

Avatar image for unsolvedparadox
unsolvedparadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By unsolvedparadox

Literally dozens, I have green stacks everywhere...it's not healthy.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#235  Edited By ESREVER
@KimChi4U said:
" Looking at my collection of games from this console generation, these games were complete suckage:  Stuntman: Ignition Perfect Dark Zero Army of Two Viking: Subtitle of Something that I can't bother to get out of my chair to read Rainbow Six Vegas 2 Star Ocean 4: The Last Hope  This is what happens when your only source of non-internet gaming shopping comes from a local supermarket that MAY get new releases in stock within one month of release. Yes, E-MART in Jeonju, South Korea, I'm talking about your shitty ass selection. I've stopped going there because I get too tempted to buy something from them. Play-Asia.com all the way from now on. "
Stuntman was awesome =/ 

Anyways, my two would be Forza and Pariah for the xbox.
MadeinFinland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By MadeinFinland

I regret buying Hellgate: London, along with GTAIV for the PC.

Rincewind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By Rincewind

Probably Sylvester and Tweetypie for the GameBoy Colour.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By TheGreatGuero
@ESREVER said:
" @KimChi4U said:
" Looking at my collection of games from this console generation, these games were complete suckage:  Stuntman: Ignition Perfect Dark Zero Army of Two Viking: Subtitle of Something that I can't bother to get out of my chair to read Rainbow Six Vegas 2 Star Ocean 4: The Last Hope  This is what happens when your only source of non-internet gaming shopping comes from a local supermarket that MAY get new releases in stock within one month of release. Yes, E-MART in Jeonju, South Korea, I'm talking about your shitty ass selection. I've stopped going there because I get too tempted to buy something from them. Play-Asia.com all the way from now on. "
Stuntman was awesome =/  Anyways, my two would be Forza and Pariah for the xbox. "
The original was really awesome, despite how frustrating it could be, and how painfully long the load times were. It was all about perfection, which most people don't have the patience for, but to someone like it, it was heavenly. Stuntman: Ignition was pretty good, but in many ways, it lacked the greatness of the original. One thing that always really bugged me is that in the original game used your actual gameplay footage in the trailers. Stuntman: Ignition doesn't. It's disappointing they changed it and really kind of eliminates that personal connection to your work. Still, I think Ignition is pretty darn good, but I definitely dislike the whole "string it" concept. Basically you can play crappy and unrealistically and still get perfect scores. It's like "Hey, quick! Swerve near that object for no apparent reason, just to keep the chain going, yeah!" It ends up looking stupid.
FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#239  Edited By FancySoapsMan

Probably half of my Xbox 360 collection, since I got a PS3 later on and had I bought them on the PS3 I could be playing them online for free :(

skavanker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By skavanker
@kingclaw said:
" Bioshock"

dablemont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By dablemont

A game I truly regretted buying was Heroes of Mana, for the DS. It seemed like another awesome Mana game... until I realized it didn't have options to change the screen for left-handed people. There was no way I would train my right hand just to play that game. Being an active strategy game, the stylus was essential to play so... yeah, nope. Sold it back the next few days.

Djeffers03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By Djeffers03

A lot of my games. Probably all the Fifa games that I've bought year after year, there the same game over and over again.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#244  Edited By crusader8463

Raman Raving Rabbits on the Wii - I thought it was like the old rayman games because I was too stupid to look into it before I bought it and realized it was just a mini game collection

Paper Mario on the Wii- It was just such a horrendously boring game. I hated everything about it.

Brutal Legend- I would have liked it if I had of rented it, but being tricked into pay the full $80 for it kind of pissed me off given how little interesting bits there were to it. It was one of the first and last times I got suckered into the hype around a game and went against my gut feelings and bought it. I think it was because I loved the Pick of Destiny movie, and thought I would be getting more of that, but in video game form. Which I guess in a way it was, but it just was not a very fun game.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By crusader8463
@FancySoapsMan said:
" Probably half of my Xbox 360 collection, since I got a PS3 later on and had I bought them on the PS3 I could be playing them online for free :( "
Hey, buddy... Overhere.... If you make a dummy email address you can just make a new live account. If you make it silver they give you one month of live for free. Just keep doing that every time it runs out, or you want to play a game, and you will never have to pay for live. I just did it because a friend bought me a copy of Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 because he is an achievement whore and no one would play it with him.
Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246  Edited By Karl_Boss
@ThePhenomenal1 said:
" @Unknown_Pleasures said:
" Far Cry 2, Mass Effect 2, Mad Moxxi DLC, Too Human, and I'm starting to regret buying Ninja Blade "
ok i agree with all of those except mass effect 2. what didn't you like about that game? i found that game to be amazing enough to finish 3 times and get an S rank. "
Just felt like a watered down version of the original to me (and I absolutely loved the original)...I beat the original probably around 10 times and after I beat the second that was it and I put the game away forever...it was a massive disappointment for me.
baron_calamity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247  Edited By baron_calamity

While there have been many game I've regreted over the years but recently Stardock's Elemental: War of Magic  . Man what a complete screw up that game is.
JCGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By JCGamer

Red Dead Redemption. The review sort of convinced me and then my buddy wanted to posse it up. Never really liked the game, and never managed finger a multiplayer game in.

blazerx9x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249  Edited By blazerx9x
@ThePhenomenal1 said:
" @blazerx9x said:
" @ThePhenomenal1 said:
" metroid other m "
O_O "
sorry but that game is shit-on-face bad. i can't even finish it. they've completely ruined the franchise and samus' character for me. "
Well, we have our opinions I guess.
Kindrik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#250  Edited By Kindrik
Endless Ocean. I still have no idea why I bought that thing. Animal Crossing on the Wii was also utter garbage. I kind of regret BioShock 2 right now. I liked what I played but I've yet to finish it and it wasn't worth the $60. I bought Tropico 3 when it was on sale on Steam but before that I'd played the demo to death to figure whether or not I would buy it. But after buying it I didn't want to touch it because I'd already gotten sick of it through the demo. And I guess Resident Evil 4 on Wii. I'd finished the GameCube version 3 times already and just couldn't bring myself to go through it a 4th time. 

@ThePhenomenal1 said:
" @blazerx9x said:
" @ThePhenomenal1 said:
" metroid other m "
O_O "
sorry but that game is shit-on-face bad. i can't even finish it. they've completely ruined the franchise and samus' character for me. "
I definitely hated the first quarter of the game just for its story. Felt that it eventually redeemed itself at the end.