Gaming "Accomplishments" That Confirms You're A Crazy Person?

• 89 results
whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@capum15: I think you are my new hero.

EDF EDF EDF EDF

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#52  Edited By TobbRobb

I don't know if I have any one specific thing in a single game that outs me as crazy. But I am definitely a bit of a madman. The sheer amount of hours I've put into learning wildly different MP games is actually disgusting. Most people like sticking to one or two and getting really good at them, maybe moving around to different games in the same genre. Me? I've just gotten above average on a ton of things. Namely the big ones being: Starcraft 2, Dota 2, League of Legends, CS:GO, R6:Siege, Street Fighter 4/5 and Battlerite. There's a bunch more I'd dabbled (40h or so per) in though. Just a lil bit nutty. One day I'm gonna try to actually get good at something and not just be the guy that knows everything but can't execute half of it.

I've also spent a bit over 120h or so in DMC4. A game I can beat in like 2 hours. That's a fun combat system if you wanna practice some crazy shit.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By Ezekiel

I've collected everything in Dark Souls several times. In one file alone, I have seven Seath dragon tails and seven Kalameet dragon tails.

I've completed it on both the PS3 and PC and have also gotten all the achievements in Demon's Souls and Dark Souls II. It's not hard, but it's time-consuming.

@colonel_pockets said:

I found all of the riddles in Batman: Arkham City and Batman: Arkham Knight. No regrets!

I did it in Asylum, City and Knight. Also got the Perfect Knight and Full Knightfall Protocall achievements and finished all the Catwoman challenge maps. Arkham Origins was so bland that I just couldn't.

hott8bitaction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The 40-some platinums I have, some of which come from games that are not necessarily quick to platinum.

Moztacular

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Desperately clinging to my #10 spot on the leaderboard out of 126K players. 912 seconds!

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@colonel_pockets: I've done 100% on all of the Arkham games. I'm not even ashamed. Punching dudes in the face and gliding around is a hella good time.

Vod_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

I finished Vampire Rain.

Naoiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

800+ hours in Animal crossing New leaf. And still going...

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I'm actually kinda sad I can't think of anything :(

I can't either. I usually play a smattering of everything without really concentrating on one or two games. Some part of me wishes I had something like this to tell, though.

spiceninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

I've spent entire months playing World of Warcraft for just a few hours every single day grinding reputation to be able to buy rare mounts.

SpunkyHePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Final Fantasy XIII-2 - Platinum trophy

F-Zero GX - Finished all story missions on Very Hard and all Grand Prix cups on Master

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By BoOzak

@poobumbutt: Oh dont get me wrong, i'm no gaming savant, Infinite Climax is difficult but you can cheese it with items. If the achievement was to do it with Pure Platinum I never would have gotten it. It's not that I dont like a good challenge. I enjoyed doing the VR stuff in Revengeance because it was tightly structured and easy to retry when I failed, whereas doing every section of every level perfectly meant that if I didnt do one bit perfectly but accidently progressed I would have to do a level over just seemed too tiresome and aggravating to bother with.

And on the subject playing bad games it is partly to remind myself of what AAA games do right (and because you eventually run out of good games) but I also find that some of them have some cool concepts in them. Neverdead for example had a cool gimmick but it wasnt enough to carry the whole game. And Devil's Third while being a somewhat enjoyable pulpy action game with a ton of issues, had a cool base building system in it's online mode sort of like the FOBs in MGS 5, only more customizable and open to your entire clan.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I have 1,000 achievement points in Sonic Generations.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 bigsocrates  Online

@boozak said:

And on the subject playing bad games it is partly to remind myself of what AAA games do right (and because you eventually run out of good games) but I also find that some of them have some cool concepts in them. Neverdead for example had a cool gimmick but it wasnt enough to carry the whole game. And Devil's Third while being a somewhat enjoyable pulpy action game with a ton of issues, had a cool base building system in it's online mode sort of like the FOBs in MGS 5, only more custimizable and open to your entire clan.

Well if that counts then I want credit for beating both Knack and The Order: 1886 within a weekend (though I started Knack earlier.) Why did I do it? Don't know. Couldn't tell you.

Also, to add to the crazy, I have sealed copies of both games. I bought them both physical (Knack at launch, the Order when it hit $20) and then bought digital copies for like $8-12 when those were available. So yeah. I have beaten Knack and I have a sealed copy of Knack I bought at launch AND a digital copy that I beat this month.

Shame.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whitegreyblack: The EDF chant is permanently ingrained into my brain. I've been watching some people play it and every time someone starts it I have to also say it. And let me just say, even with the highest tier weapons, doing every mission 4 times takes a good chunk of time. I'm trying to keep each class close in the missions so I can just do the last mission like 15 times in a row and just pop off those achievements all at once....but that's not going to be for a while.

@bigsocrates: Oh man I completely blanked out the RC plane mission. My big downfalls in San Andreas were the low rider bouncing and beach dancing missions because I had...is it possible to have negative rhythm? Because I think I had negative rhythm. Like, I had to have a friend beat both of those for me and make permanent saves after each to play in the future.

I can do them now - played the PC version a few years ago and didn't have any problems, but back then those almost broke me.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not only do I like FMV games, some of them unironically, but I've actually purchased a few of them multiple times (physical, Steam, GOG, etc.). That may be more "foolhardy" than "crazy", but it's quite an accomplishment to live with that fact and not question your entire life trajectory.

But hey, no matter where I am, if I have an internet connected PC, I'm only a couple of clicks away from playing Harvester. And in the end, isn't that all that matters?

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigsocrates: I actually didnt mind those games too much, although i'm beginning to wonder if my standards have dropped. It helps that I rented one and got the other fairly cheap.

As much as people mock Knack I actually think it controls better than the Crash Bandicoot games. (granted i've only played the first) Who knows maybe Knack 2 will be awesome and people will go from ironically liking it to legitimately enjoying it. (before anyone asks i'm not Mark Cerny)

ATastySlurpee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got 100% completion in GTA 4 back in the day. I was in college and poor and its the only game I owned for awhile. I've also done all the Riddlers trophies in all 4 Arkham games..

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I spent a day and a half playing and losing to Viewtiful Joe's final boss on Adult mode so I could build up the money to buy a bunch of Voomerangs and exploit his laughing animation.

Then did it all over again plus buying a Take Two when the game cruelly reminded me he had a second form.

Also I refused to leave the tutorial island in Kingdom Hearts until I could beat Riku with no damage.....65 wins later.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I took the garden gnome through the entirety of Half Life 2 Episode 2 and launched him into space (Little Rocket Man achievement, I believe). I had to restart that game 3 times because i would go into loading screens without holding him accidentally. It was worth it for the 30G, of course.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 bigsocrates  Online

@boozak said:

@bigsocrates: I actually didnt mind those games too much, although i'm beginning to wonder if my standards have dropped. It helps that I rented one and got the other fairly cheap.

As much as people mock Knack I actually think it controls better than the Crash Bandicoot games. (granted i've only played the first) Who knows maybe Knack 2 will be awesome and people will go from ironically liking it to legitimately enjoying it. (before anyone asks i'm not Mark Cerny)

Knack and the Order are not terrible games. They're just sort of...pointless to play at this juncture. And playing them back to back in one weekend is pretty insane.

I don't know if I'd agree that Knack controls better than Crash (Knack isn't a platformer, for one, and his dash move is often kind of useless with the arcs the enemies attack in) but I agree that Knack 2 could be good. They weren't that far from a good game in Knack one, they just made a lot of very weird design choices, which I detailed in my blog. Put in some more platforming, fix the story so it isn't a complete mess, and make the combat a little less demanding (not that demanding combat is bad but it's inappropriate for that game's tone) and you've got a solid, if unremarkable, game.

I don't know why you actually MAKE that game, since there are much better Sony franchises languishing (Sly 5 anyone?) but, you know, it could be a solid B+ of a game.

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I beat the original Street Fighter 2: The World Warrior in the arcade with all perfects using E. Honda.

When this site had achievement tracking, I was the first person in the world to get the achievement for banging Zevran in Dragon Age: Origins.

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I found all of the riddles in Batman: Arkham City and Batman: Arkham Knight. No regrets!

I found all the riddles in Arkham Asylum and the pay off was so that I never wanted to pursuit that in any of the other games ever again xD

Hosstile17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

I got 100% completion in Burnout Paradise on 360, PS3, and PC.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

No DLC.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#76  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

I've probably put a thousand hours into the Disgaea series. Not each individual game, but as a whole. A thousand hours. Fuck me.

DrRobotnikX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

I've currently got all 801 available Pokémon sat in order in my PokéBank. Just waiting on Marshadow.

270 hours well spent.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

And I haven't played since then.
And I haven't played since then.

Avatar image for planetfunksquad
planetfunksquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drrobotnikx: I'm at 177 hours in SM and 206 in Alpha Sapphire and I really only need some of the trade evolutions, so I feel you. Most of that time was spent breeding/grinding battle spot doubles which is arguably even more ridiculous. I did finish 6th in UK last season tho, which is middling at best in terms of worldwide rankings, so its obviously worth it!

ozzdog12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got the Platinum trophy in Uncharted 1,2,&3 on PS3. I also got the Platinum trophy for 1,2,&3 on PS4... I also got the Platinum in Uncharted 4 only because I was missing just 1 trophy (speed run). I begrudgingly grinded out 1 trophy in Assassins Creed Syndicate just to get the Platinum. I should note, I don't really care that much about trophies, but if I'm missing 1 or 2, I feel the need to get them all, but If I'm missing several it doesn't bother me.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Gran Turismo 3 100%. The endurance races, man. Also, I re-did several of them multiple times to get the cars I wanted in the colors I wanted. Fucking loot crate b.s.

GTA: San Andreas 100%. I don't remember this being that unpleasant overall, but I do remember it taking a long-ass time to do.

AC II, III, & IV 100%. Since everyone besides me hates III, II and IV are less crazy (though I ran Kenway's Fleet way too much and am thus still among leaders in reales).

Stuntman 100% has to be the winner, though. You have to be a masochist to do the same thing over and over and over in pursuit of perfection on a not great video game with wonky-ass physics. The tuk-tuks and that goddamned monster truck still haunt me.

stordoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

Almost certainly this:

No Caption Provided

Platinum trophy in both the US and European versions of P4G, plus everything but the Mayonaka Miracle Quiz done in the Japanese and Korean releases (full S. Links / full compendium / True End / secret boss / all books read / Hardcore Risechii trophy etc.)

Probably get the other two Platinums at some point (learning Japanese, so can nearly pick out enough to do that version, and the Korean version has Japanese VA so I'll get there eventually with that one as well).

Didn't help that I screwed up the Korean version (missed an optional boss) so ended up doing three full playthroughs to get to the secret boss...

Pabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I recently got my first and only Platinum Trophy for a really bad game called Invizimals: The Lost Kingdom that is an insult even towards its younger audience...

constantk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beat Dark Cloud 2 back on the PS2 with all the highest-powered weapons and max-level characters. Probably not on the same level as some of the other feats mentioned here, but considering I didn't enjoy most of that, it's definitely on my list.

I'm also pretty close to getting the achievement for 1000 deaths in Spelunky on Xbox 360 and I own that game on multiple platforms. No idea how many runs I've made in that game. I was going to say I enjoyed every second, but let's be serious, before I beat Yama the first time, there were some rage quits.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

• Beat XCOM Enemy Within on Impossible with four soldiers.
  • Beat XCOM 2 on Legend with mods that make the game significantly harder.
  • Beat Mirror's Edge within 60 minutes, start to finish (this took finding optimal paths in each stage for a long time).
  • Beat Ninja Gaiden Black on Master Ninja without dying.
  • Finished Dark Souls at Souls level 1
  • Finished Dark Souls II similarly
  • Finished Dark Souls without dying
  • Finished Dark Souls II without dying outside of PvP
  • Soloed Crota's End in Destiny, start to finish, on Heroic when that was still the active endgame activity.
stordoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

Forgot to mention, whilst it's nowhere near the same time commitment as Persona4, my ongoing quest to collect all the trophies in all the regional/platform variants of the Steins;Gate series definitely fits in this category as well:

No Caption Provided

superjoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

82 hrs during the first week of release. Mind you I work 40 hrs a week. A lot of this time was spent watching ships fly in-and-out of spaceports hoping to find a better ship. I was probably in denial. I've played other games for hundreds of hours but it doesn't come close to my No Man's Sky bender of 2016.

Karmosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not that much, but I did take the platinum-trophy in Furi, which is anything but an easy game.

Currently playing through SMT: Nocturne on hard and if I eventually beat it that'll also be up there.

an_ancient

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm proud of these although they are more circumstantial than planned.

• Beating Super Meatboy with a keyboard.
  • 100% on Tony Hawk 3 and 4 with a keyboard.

What I regret but was crazy for me:

• All those damned feathers in AC2.
  • First playthrough of terraria was on Hard. It's not worth it.
Avatar image for atomicpineapple
atomicpineapple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know it's almost a cliche at this point, but Dark Souls 1 is my jam. The weirdest thing I ever did with it was that after I saw VaatiVidya's video "A Tale of Two Adventurers" I went and beat the game from start to finish only ever using the starting soldier armour and a light crossbow in either hand (Used whatever I had on me for the tutorial boss, since you don't get the first crossbow until the Burg.) Used probably about 2000 bolts throughout the whole run. Not being able to move for 2-3 seconds after every single attack is NOT the way to play that game.