• 80 results
amomjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By amomjc

Why is everyone criticizing him for asking about what tattoo he should get but at the same time telling him to think about it and research it? Pretty sure that is what he is doing right now...

I got my first Tattoo when I was 19 and I still do not regret it 3 years later. I got one for my wife and it makes me feel proud, and ill admit, a little bad ass, to have people see it on my arm. As long as you do not get a publicly visible one, which will hurt your chances in the workforce, I say really just go with whatever you feel was a milestone in your childhood. I have always though of getting the Rebel symbol tattooed onto my arm.

Just sit, think, and take hours and hours of time to look for one you really like. Then, to be smart, go get a temporary version and wear it for a week and see how you feel.

Chirag4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Chirag4

Get the Half-Life logo tattooed on your forehead.

Super_Yosh_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54  Edited By Super_Yosh_64

My friend has a triforce tattoo 

Its really cool

JammyJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By JammyJesus

One of the worst things you can possibly get tattooed is video game or music iconography. There are several reasons for this. 

A. You fall out of love with the game/band and regret the tattoo. 
B. You get the most obvious shit, such as the triforce, and people thinking you are a nob. Or you get a gears of war tattoo and even your mother hates you. 

If you seriously want it. Do it for yourself. Don't just get it and post pictures of your facebook or send it in to kotaku. 

02sfraser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By 02sfraser

I'm going to get my second tattoo but it's a piece of artwork fro my favourite album. I was planning getting a small toon Link with a triforce somewhere but I need to work on the design to see if it would actually look any good. I would say look for some pictures and think about how it would looked transferred into a tattoo design.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#57  Edited By Red12b

I know somebody who has a full sized back tat of sephroph. 

he isn't that cool of a person.

unless its something obscure don't, put the design you want away in a safe place for 2-3 years, without looking at it until then, go back to it after that time, if it still makes you want it carved into your body, then get it 
Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Hot_Karl

I'm not a huge fan of crazy-huge tattoos, but I say you should go with a small logo. Maybe a Space Invader, or the Tri-Force, or even the cherry from Pac-Man (it'll say that you like cherries, as well as video games!). Just make it small. Don't be an idiot and get a huge tattoo that you'll regret having some 3 years from now.

@sawfish22 said:
@MysteriousBob said:
If I saw someone with a Zelda tattoo I'd punch them in the fucking nose.
So you'd punch Jessica Chobot in the fucking nose?  Same with the crew from MBMBAM?  (i.e. Justin, Travis and Griffin Mclroy)  Shame.
Except for the fact that she's fucking hot, I don't like Jessica Chobot, and I especially don't like MBMBAM, so I'd probably punch them in the nose with no hesitation.
Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@MysteriousBob said:
Ready when you are then.

I got the Triforce on my shoulderblade and its the best thing ever.
I do however have a personal reason for being so into Zelda besides it being awesome.
So it was worth it, well thought about and not just a impulse decision.
sparklykiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#60  Edited By sparklykiss

Definitely want to make sure this is something that you want. Sit on the idea for a year or so, or even find a way to try out a temporary one. As for a video game logo or icon? Uh... Pac-Man cherries on your ankle. Do it, please.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#61  Edited By McGhee

I use to want a tattoo, but I'm glad I didn't. I use to be a hardcore Christian, graduated from a Evangelical Bible college, and was going to go into the ministry. Ten years later and I'm now an atheist. Going years back I use to really want some kind of Christian tattoo. How stupid would I feel today with some fucking Greek phrase from the Bible on my arm?

Tattoos never change, but you do. Or you should. If you aren't changing and growing as a person, you've got a problem.
Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Doctorchimp
@Lights_Up_The_Shaft: Dude...obviously a gaming tattoo isn't for you if you can't even think of a symbol that's meaningful to you.

You either pick your favorite series or the one game you've spent the most time with.

I doubt I'd ever get a tattoo...much less a gaming tattoo, but to think about symbols is easy.

Some of my favorite games would be Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike, Diablo 2, CounterStrike, and Half-Life 2.

So I'd probably get Yun's Super Art Genei Jin command.

Or maybe that Fury skill from the Druid tree in Diablo 2.

the CounterStrike symbol or the Lambda. Crowbar, gravity gun or a G-Man portrait. It's real easy to think about trying to get something meaningful to you.
Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Enigma777
@CL60 said:
No Caption Provided
*bows before the might of the Power Glove*
Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#64  Edited By Yanngc33

Get a small GameCube logo on your arm

Avatar image for deactivated-65f0b21bb6a1a
deactivated-65f0b21bb6a1a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd wait and think about it for a year. Just think about what it'll look like when you get old and wrinkly :P
Also, as a girl, I'd say men with tattoos = huge turn off.

Cramsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#66  Edited By Cramsy
@McGhee_the_Insomniac said:
I use to want a tattoo, but I'm glad I didn't. I use to be a hardcore Christian, graduated from a Evangelical Bible college, and was going to go into the ministry. Ten years later and I'm now an atheist. Going years back I use to really want some kind of Christian tattoo. How stupid would I feel today with some fucking Greek phrase from the Bible on my arm?

Tattoos never change, but you do. Or you should. If you aren't changing and growing as a person, you've got a problem.
I actually logged in just to quote that and tell you how awesome you are.

I really wanted one a while ago. Thankfully I didn't. 
TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#67  Edited By TheGreatGuero

If you ever want to have sex during your lifetime with a beautiful woman, please refrain from video game tattoos.

Avatar image for starfishhunter9
Starfishhunter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Starfishhunter9

Get a sticker tattoo

AtomicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

#69  Edited By AtomicEdge

I have been considering getting a tattoo with my Surname in binary on it. Fits nicely in with my geeky job, but it is something by, and for me, rather than an Art director at a game studio.

ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#70  Edited By ReyGitano
No Caption Provided
This is what I would get if I wanted a tattoo. Good luck deciding on anything better.
JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#71  Edited By JJWeatherman

Space Invader.

Do it.
EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By EVO
@CL60 said:
@MysteriousBob said:
If I seen somebody punch somebody in the nose based on a tattoo they got, I would punch them in the nose.
Even if the tattoo said "punch me in the nose"?
NathHaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By NathHaw
@Cramsy said:

I'm grateful I didn't get one when I turned 18.  I think the reason that I wanted one so badly was due in part to my newly gained ability to get one.  That desire wore off within a few years.
McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By McGhee
@Cramsy said:

Well thanks. Encountering nice people on the internet of all places always makes me feel like there's hope for humanity.
Mighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Mighty

Valve tattoo.

Jaserno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Jaserno
@JJWeatherman said:
Space Invader.

Do it.
This. Or leave it for a while, think about it and then decide.
I have three tattoos, so far, they're not for pricks, but none of mine are gaming related.
willin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 14

#77  Edited By willin

Thanks for all the suggestions. The reason I ask for suggestions is because the game itself isn't personal it's games in general and I want a tattoo that evokes gaming as a whole instead on one game or character. Finding out what people would consider an 'icon' is helping me choose the right one.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#78  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming
No Caption Provided
Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Gizmo
No Caption Provided
Anund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Anund
 @Portis said:
@Lights_Up_The_Shaft said: 

You drink, drive and vote. 

...You could legally drive 2 years ago. Just sayin'. 
Unless he's not American. Just sayin'.
FongGhoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By FongGhoul

Tattoo advice from someone who just scheduled laser removal sessions:

If you REALLY want a tattoo, think of something that had deep meaning (not just something you liked) to you ten years ago. If that thing still has tremendous meaning to you today AND you would like it permanently displayed on your body, go for it.

Adhering to this advice should mean you don't get a tattoo until you are at least 25, since most people do not have deep, lasting emotional attachments to icons before the age of 15 (and many well after that). 

Also, a tattoo design should come before the decision to get a tattoo. It's "I like this thing SO much and it means SO much to me that I'm going to get it injected under my skin." Not "I want ink injected under my skin - now let's think of something to get..."

Edit: This applies more to people new to tattoos - if you've already had tats for years you probably know what you're getting into. I would guess that most people who end up regretting their decision do so within the first few years.