Gaming predictions for 2015!

• 83 results
arbybaconator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I anticipate that we will see all console Final Fantasy games that have been ported to PC being ported to PS4.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@devoureroftime: Yeah that's a good point, we even lost the creators of Dungeons and Dragons a while ago, and I'm sure others from general geekery video gamery culture will fad away as well, Stan Lee is getting up there. It's sad but hey, it's pretty cool that so many people managed to create so much entertainment after just creating something that seemed fun/cool to do at the time.
And hopefully our generations will live up to what they started for us.

EJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Windjammers HD.

Scoops gets rid of his beard.

ratamero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was there a similar topic for 2014? I'd love to see how close to reality those were.

Avatar image for deactivated-58670791014d2
deactivated-58670791014d2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

• Telltale release a big comic book game Batman or spider-man one something like that
  • a new fallout is announced for 2016
  • The last guardian comes out
  • Borderlands 3
  • the next assassin's creed games is a game of the year contender
  • Brad Kills Dan because of Mario Party.
  • the next CoD is disappointing
  • Watch Dogs 2 announced
  • Destiny is still garbage
  • Lesnar is on the cover of WWE 2k16
  • Nintendo does big things (I finally get a Wii U)
supermonkey122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

MKX's new characters end up being lame

Witcher 3 is regarded as being really good, but no one's GOTY

Watch Dogs 2 announced as Ubisoft's "and one more thing" at their E3 press conference

The Division has a broken launch

Battlefront has a broken launch

The Order: 1886 gets 2 stars.

Darth_Navster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#58  Edited By Darth_Navster

I'm hoping that we see a legit new IP for the new consoles that will set the tone for the current generation similar to when Gears of War came out.

Feathered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. A revolutionary new console is released by some relatively little-known company. It will cost $700.
  2. New Call of Duty is wildly different from its predecessors. Included in the game will be a map creator. You'll be able to put your face on your soldier by using something like EA's Game Face. Radical changes are made to the physics of the game. Each weapon fires realistically simulated bullets.
  3. Bloodborne will be horribly broken, short, and unsatisfying, despite nice changes to the combat. Dark Souls III assets will be leaked, giving fans new hope.
  4. Gabe Newell changes company name to HL3, releases game called Valve.
Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Mario Party 10 will introduce us to Wapeach and Watoad.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

you're all a bunch of debbie downers

Seriously...

But... mine is no better

Still no Half Life 3 :-(

I will continue to replay Half Life 1, 2, Ep1, Ep2, Black Mesa and hope I didn't waste time falling in love with a story/universe that will never be completed.

yukoasho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

I don't expect remodels of either system this year. Too early still. PS3 didn't get a redesign until... 2009 was it? The Xbox 360 S wasn't introduced until 2010. Based on that, I can see the PS4 and Xbone getting redesigns no sooner than 2017, by which time I imagine the parts will be much smaller and more easily made.

As for 2015, however, I can only expect three things:

Forum dwellers will point to one or two terrible things and once again say that gaming is dying, ignoring all the good that comes out in the year.

The games media will continue to look down at its audience.

And that there will likely be more than a few sweet games out.

coolarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 9

Video Games will come out in the year 2015

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sammo21: Actually, DriveClub now functions as advertised. Although I can still imagine a PS Plus release resulting in a potential gridlock.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I expect a few delays but overall it will be an overall good to great year. Not 98 or 08 or 11, but a good/surprising year like 12 which I thought was shit at first and enjoyed a shit ton of games.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Someone will use SharePlay to coax a blind player through a game. Then twitch will ruin it.

Dussck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Dussck

I predict we won't be seeing these games in 2015:

- Final Fantasy 15
- Kingdom Hearts 3
- The Last Guardian (duh)
- Zelda WiiU
- The Division
- No Man's Sky
- Uncharted 4
- Street Fighter 5
- Doom (4?)
- Halo 5

On the bright side, we will get announcements for:

- new Deus Ex
- Fallout 4
- Half-Life 3 (yes, I can feel it!)
- new Crash bandicoot game
- Red Dead Redemption 2

- more remakes/remasters of games, most of them we don't even want to get a remaster from

Also, no VR in 2015 :(. Oculus gets closer to something, Sony gets more quiet about Morpheus.

flameboy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@militantfreudian said:

What's with the grim predictions? Is Double Fine in a poor financial position or something?

Anyway, I predict that:

1. AC will take a year off. (Edit: I thought about it for more than a second, and yeah right!)
  2. Jeff won't like the new Call of Duty.
  3. Bloodborne will not be met with critical acclaim.
  4. The Witcher 3 launch will not be smooth.
  5. A remastered Bioshock Infinite for the new consoles will be announced.
  6. Either the new Mass Effect or the other Bioware IP will be officially announced with a release date in 2016.

This but it will be like the Halo collection

I actually agree we will see a Bioshock collection with all DLC etc....put a neat bow on all of that whilst they get their heads round where the hell to send the series.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#69  Edited By mike

Remasters. Lots and lots of remasters.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By BaneFireLord
  • The Witcher 3 will be a horrible disappointment.
  • Bloodborne will be a horrible disappointment.
  • No Man's Sky will be a horrible disappointment.
  • Star Wars Battlefront will be a horrible disappointment.
  • The Order will be a horrible disappointment.
  • Batman Arkham Knight will be a horrible disappointment.
  • Zelda Wii U will be a horrible disappointment.
  • Halo 5 will be an expected disappointment.
  • The Division will be an expected disappointment.
  • Battlefield Hardline will be an expected disappointment.
  • COD and AssCreedVic will be mediocre.
  • Metal Gear Solid V will be pretty alright.
  • Uncharted 4 will be delayed.
  • Destiny will get 3 expansions.
  • GTAV PC will be buggy as hell and not easily moddable.
  • Dying Light will be boring.
  • Star Citizen will have three new modules announced and rack up another 5 million dollars in crowdfunding and still not release anything resembling a full on beta.
  • Just Cause 3 will be described as "more of the same, but that's okay" in reviews and get an 82 on Metacritic.
  • Nothing interesting will happen at E3; Fallout 4, Half Life 3, The Last Guardian and Red Dead Revengeance will continue to not be announced.
  • The Oculus Rift will continue to be in prototyping and there will be no news about a consumer model.
  • Indie games will dominate GOTY discussions and at least half of the top 10 will be titles no one has paid any attention to yet.

(I REALLY HOPE I'M WRONG ABOUT ALL THIS)

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• The Witcher 3 will be a horrible disappointment.
  • Bloodborne will be a horrible disappointment.
  • No Man's Sky will be a horrible disappointment.
  • Star Wars Battlefront will be a horrible disappointment.
  • The Order will be a horrible disappointment.
  • Batman Arkham Knight will be a horrible disappointment.
  • Zelda Wii U will be a horrible disappointment.
  • Halo 5 will be an expected disappointment.
  • The Division will be an expected disappointment.
  • Battlefield Hardline will be an expected disappointment.
  • COD and AssCreedVic will be mediocre.
  • Uncharted 4 will be delayed.
  • Destiny will get 3 expansions.
  • GTAV PC will be buggy as hell and not easily moddable.
  • Dying Light will be boring.
  • Star Citizen will have three new modules announced and rack up another 5 million dollars in crowdfunding and still not release anything resembling a full on beta.
  • Just Cause 3 will be described as "more of the same, but that's okay" in reviews and get an 82 on Metacritic.
  • Nothing interesting will happen at E3; Fallout 4, Half Life 3, The Last Guardian and Red Dead Revengeance will continue to not be announced.
  • The Oculus Rift will continue to be in prototyping and there will be no news about a consumer model.
  • Indie games will dominate GOTY discussions and at least half of the top 10 will be titles no one has paid any attention to yet.

(I REALLY HOPE I'M WRONG ABOUT ALL THIS)

And I thought my predictions were depressing...

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Persona 5 and Torment: Tides Of Numenera will be released, and I will be very happy indeed.

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#73  Edited By WickedCestus
  • Star Fox for Wii U will be good
  • Zelda for Wii U will be good (but Jeff won't like it)
  • Persona 5 will be good
  • I will play .3% of new releases
  • People will like video games (~unsure on this one)
monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

The future is now!

By 2015 the world will be amazing...some might say shocking
- Microwave pizza will be perfected
- All HDTVs will be 20K
- After 120 years of work only advancing the 'horseless carriage' science will turn ist eye to the 'carrageless horse' bringing a new mode of transport to all of humanity.
- Sexbots will be here...finally. The only catch is they can only make the male version because science still lack the true understanding of how a vagina works.
- With the polar icecaps gone, the US with a consortium of nations (Great Britan, France, Turkey and El Salvador) dump 200 trillion tons of styrofoam packing peanuts on each pole. The reflective properties of the peanuts saves the earth. Sadly, every single penguin on earth swallows its own weight in 'these packing materials' - they promptly die.
- At a US/Russia summit, Putin uses the n-word. As silence cover the hall, Obama answer with "Yo Mama so ugly, Karl Marx told her she needs to shave." ....World War 3 starts and ends in five seconds as both Putin and Obama flip a table.

mattjam3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A major Esports will experience a massive crash and/or mass cheating scandal

Star Citizen breaks $150million crowd funding

Amd cease development of CPU's or GPU's

A new, currently unknown VR company comes out the woodwork with something awesome

Microsoft fund an arcadey Mechwarrior game for XBL

Drew gets offered a major TV producer role he cant refuse

Frazer92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

- Fallout 4 will be announced early next year, be set in Boston and launch fall 2015.

- David Hayter will not appear in MGS V. The game will be critically acclaimed however it will be divisive among fans as story will tone down a lot of the craziness that the previous entries in the series were known for.

- Bloodborne will be good/great but will not live up to fans expectations set by Dark Souls.

- Destiny 2 will be announced at E3. Will promise to fix problems with the first game.

- Halo 5 : Guardians will release. Single Player will be solid however multiplayer will disappoint. Will dig 343 into a deeper hole with the Halo franchise. Sales will not meet Microsoft's expectations.

- Overwatch will be massive. Surprise hit of the year and will reinvigorate the class-based shooter genre.

- Mirror's Edge 2 will get another tech demo at E3. Does not get released until late 2016.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Brendan

@yukoasho: There's a good reason why we might see an Xbox downsize in 2015 and not a PS4 one. Large fabs like TSMC switched to 20nm manufacturing only shortly after the new consoles released. Switching to a lower cost 20nm part will allow the Xbox to maintain the lower price that has allowed them to keep up in the sales race with PS4 this holiday season, while also maintaining profit margins. That is a very big short term motivator. Due to Xbox's architecture switching to 20nm will probably allow them to switch to a much smaller cooling system, while PS4's architecture will not allow a low enough TDP upon switching to 20nm to create an opportunity for a slim version. PS4's are selling so well right now that it doesn't really matter anyway. There probably won't be a slim PS4 until 2 years from now when a 14-16nm part can be used to lower their TDP to the point where slimming down is possible.

yukoasho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@brendan: Well, changing the internals happens all the time. Even with the OG Xbox, the inner board got smaller and more efficient than earlier models, even without a shell redesign. I can totally see both boxes being lighter as components shrink, but keeping their case design for a long while, as redesigning the case is more for commercial reasons most of the time.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

There will be good games , bad games , and games that don't work.

killer2m8o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

you're all a bunch of debbie downers

• Bloodborne PVP is segregated by real-world religious affiliation
  • New GTAV DLC features female protagonist, absence of male prostitutes spun as LGBT support
  • Harkins acquires Facebook, shifts Oculus focus to virtual movie theaters with in-app purchases of virtual popcorn
  • Valve sells Half-Life IP to a more active developer, like maybe Harkins
  • Vtech merges with Nintendo
  • Most releases play like rushed and buggy 2006 titles, with overused lighting tech
  • Most others are sequels, they play like last years games, but with fewer animations
  • The rest are remasters of last gen's remasters, in higher resolution with the same old graphics
  • The racing genre will remain stuck in 2005, but actually have better graphics
Tiamatsword22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People on the Internet will get angry about something tangentially related to video games. Other people, also on the Internet, will in turn get angry about the first group of people getting angry.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I fucking love Battleborn.

Banjo-Kazooie is announced.

bhlaab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 15

@frazer92 said:

- David Hayter will not appear in MGS V. The game will be critically acclaimed however it will be divisive among fans as story will tone down a lot of the craziness that the previous entries in the series were known for.

MGS V will be beloved as a game, but Keifer's performance will be so minimal and/or phoned-in that it will dominate much of the conversation. Every review will mention it, every forum post will be "I loved phantom pain but man if only they hadn't gone for the stunt casting" or "I liked everything about phantom pain except for (nitpicks) which maybe they could have fixed if they hadn't wasted half the budget on the 24 guy!!!!!!!!!!!" and it will also put Konami in an awkward position for the inevitable sequel because they can't really go back to David Hayter. As a result, MGS 6 will be the one that finally stars The Boss, but that's for the 2017 Predictions Thread.

Also, Quiet's character arc (and the details of her traumatic past) will be so wrongheaded and remarkably clueless that the blogger thinkpieces will block out the sun.