Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

freakin9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What am I doing not watching the Kerbal videos on here, I mean I actively tell people Vinny is a top 2 guy here(alongside Jeff), yet I ain't watching that sweet sweet Vinny content.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#54  Edited By csl316

@branthog: There's been a new podcast each day, check the front page.

Earthen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@branthog Go to www dot giantbomb dot com, then click the big button that says Podcast >

Grondoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bet if GBEast had gotten to the end of episode 3 and the beginning of episode 4 in LiS before GotY deliberations that woulda swept it. They were visibly impacted by it.

Earthen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anoldtoilet: Vinny and Dan both put it on their top ten lists.

heathhuston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flasaltine: The Battle of Kaer Morhen is a better suicide mission than ME2, killing the crones, and any of the main missions in HoS are more interesting than the Baron, but oh well. Just a bit of shame these duders will likely never see some this truly great stuff.

Awesomeo4000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@branthog: The podcasts have been up since the GOTY articles and videos were released, exactly the same time.

On the front page just click Podcast on the GOTY banner

Assirra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#60  Edited By Assirra

@heathhuston said:

@flasaltine: The Battle of Kaer Morhen is a better suicide mission than ME2, killing the crones, and any of the main missions in HoS are more interesting than the Baron, but oh well. Just a bit of shame these duders will likely never see some this truly great stuff.

Everyone knows the best scenes are Geralt "acting" and the drunk witchers. For a franchise build around murder,blood,sex,rape,plague and other nasty stuff it got some amazing comedic scenes.

sinjunb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm, if we're talking full quest arcs nothing really beats Baron's questline, but as far as moments go I think the drunk Witcher's takes the cake.

Crippl3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finally Life is Strange getting some chatter but supreme disappointment over the lack of anyone talking about Tales from the Borderlands. The moment of episode 4, Escape Plan Bravo was incredibly moving and the fact that no one saw it is kinda sad.

The problem is no one on staff really cares about Borderlands, so I don't think that they would even care about it :(

LegalBagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 7

I definitely would have picked some other moments - I actually think the "netural" ending of Undertale they discussed is the weakest of the three, or even ranks below the fight with Asgore before that - but damn is that an amazing list of games. Especially the wildly different ways they create great sequences. As Vinny hinted at in the podcast, more than just a bare listing of good games I think the description of moments was a testament to amazing year in games and different gaming experiences.

megabattimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, so, so happy that Life is Strange got nominated for best moment. Such a damm good game...even though I haven't played past the end of episode 2 yet.

Kerbal winning is a really great surprise. I'm not super good at that game, so I've never successfully landed on Munn or anything, but getting stuck in the orbit of the sun is pretty damm amazing.

Xealot42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@qrdl said:

Goood, goood. I'm satisfied with the recognition Witcher received from the crew. Although, as far as particular moments go, I would choose the Priscilla's song. I'm almost used to crying when I hear it by now.

Yeah I just saw that a few days ago while playing TW3 and it is one of my favorite scenes in the game so far!

Brenderous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

@branthog: They're up for me?

Kerbal is the best.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Efesell

@assirra said:
@efesell said:
@mystyr_e said:

wish the last battle in Tales from the Borderlands or the escape scenes in Ori were included

Agh the escape scenes in Ori are where that whole thing falls apart though. A great spectacle but each one is just the most trial and error bullshit.

It really isn't trial and error, that would imply there is bullshit coming out of nowhere. You can 1shot every scene if you pay attention.

That's definitely possible but I find it unlikely for most players. It is by far the most complicated thing the game has asked of you at that point and under a fairly strict time limit to boot.

My experience with that scene was trial and error and I doubt I'm alone.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#68  Edited By Onemanarmyy

Oh man, the discussion about the best moment of 2015 made me realize what an awesome year it was for games. Hearing all that stuff about Starcraft , Black Ops 3 and Soma make me excited about games i haven't played yet.

I felt that Drew could have brought Keep Talking.. to the top spot of best multiplayer if he told the story about him playing it regularly with his family.

Rocket league is a fun online multiplayer game that felt great to play and rightfully has people still playing it. But compared to Keep..Talking, i don't feel like it adds much to the gaming landscape . It's a cool multiplayer game like Assassins Creed multiplayer was refreshing back in the day.

Keep Talking ... is a game where the multiplayer content is totally different than anything out there. It made Drew connect with his family through a video game, like no other games could before. I think that's an extremely powerful multiplayer experience.

gaggle64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#69  Edited By gaggle64

I'm glad Life is Strange got a best moment nod but the end of Ep3 would have been my pick.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Life is Strange was so close...

WesternWizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can tell how many people complained without listening to the podcast first :P. Really do need to buy and play undertale at some point, and they made me want to actually play life is strange which has only been marginally on my radar until now. Oh and Brad made me want to find video of the end of Legacy of the Void.

Mystyr_E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

User Lists: 4

@efesell: oh it was definitely trial and error for me but the intensity and music of those scenes were really something

Quantris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gerrid said:

Surprised to see that making orbit, rather than landing on the moon, is the Kerbal moment.

Guessing that maybe at the time this was done, Vinny hadn't yet landed on the Mun? I hope Vinny keeps getting further and further in KSP; he's barely scratched the surface so far and there are tons of cool moments to be had.

e.g. docking two vehicles in space; successfully rescuing a stranded Kerman; successfully managing a gravity-assist to escape Kerbal-Mun system

bugbarbecue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@qrdl: genuinely a great song in a video game, and one using only a voice and plucked strings. Better in Polish though

evilspectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By evilspectre

@branthog: Podcasts have gone up like previous years, their are currently 3 up in their feed now

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Probably would have picked another moment (end of ep 3/beginning of ep 4) for Life is Strange and given the award to it over Kerbal.

Also MGS V's FOB patch bullshit should be a runner-up for hottest mess. Batman "winning" was of course the right choice.

broletariat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to at least see that CoD level they talked about now, it sounds crazy! Sad to hear they end up overplaying that theme, but still.

qrdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@qrdl: genuinely a great song in a video game, and one using only a voice and plucked strings. Better in Polish though

Haha, you know it's not.

What I found powerful about it is that it comes so unexpected. You think you're just about to simply start another part of the main quest (was this the main quest, I forget?), you enter the tavern and this sequence starts. As the first notes sounded I noticed how tense this overbearing depressing world had made me. It's like puncturing a mental boil that has grown thanks to all you've been through up to that point. Within those walls, for a while, some good remains. It's a masterful moment.

NeverGameOver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#79  Edited By NeverGameOver

The best sequence in any game this year is Metal Gear Solid Mission 43 when you have to manually kill all of the terminally-ill quarantined soldiers that you have been recruiting and leveling up over the course of the game while they salute you and tell you that it's okay as the Peace Walker theme plays in the background.

Heartless bastards. I had to put the goddamn controller down for the evening and collect myself after that shit, and it's not even mentioned here.

kasaioni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dan literally picked the most boring moments of MGSV to nominate.

What about mission 43? When you're going around killing a bunch of your recruits?

What about mission 45? The best part in the game with Quiet?

What about mission 46?

What about the whole hospital sequence at the beginning of the fucking game? What the hell Dan?

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

With Life Is Strange....man they don't even know the half of it.

I'm not sure knowing the whole game would have change the groups final choice....BUT MAN they do not know the half of it. Its a shame GBEast didn't finish Ep 4 before they discussed the game. This just proves that none of us can play everything or know everything about every game each year. We can't see ist all, expericne it all, and judge it all as well as we woudl all like.

These winner are always subjective, but Jesus...how tired do you have to be to pick Kerbal over any of a dozen other games that had so much more...gravity (pardon the pun).

sharkeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nevergameover: I didn't give a shit about that moment because the game did a terrible job of making me care. In fact that game had almost no emotional impact on me at all. Fun to play though.

TreeTrunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

Undertale sucks so bad I don't care what anyone says that game is terrible through and through I watched game grumps play it and several episodes in I said no more this is dumb how can anyone like this? Best debut runner up? Oh come on. Undertale should have been worst game of the year: sorry don't throw insults at me about how I don't get the humor or the point of the game. It was dumb and unfunny. Comedy in games is like licasarts Sam n Max type of stuff undertake was a total bore. Can't understand all the love for it.

Alright.

xymox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

Even just watching Vinny "Achieve a Stable Orbit" in Project B.E.A.S.T. was enjoyable, kind of cool to see that win.

MardukGX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I understood why Undertale wasn't even a nominee in the soundtrack category after I listened to the podcast. Disappointed.

I also accepted the fact that noone fought for any of the characters in the game to get nominated even if I can think of at least 3 characters that are better than Nick Valentine and Paul Rand.

But how in the holy mother of all that is decent did KERBAL and EP2 of LiS beat ANY of the high points of Undertale? I am legit baffled and can't wait to listen to the podcast.

edgaras1103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While I think Bloody Baron is outstanding quest line, personally I think there are better ones. Serial killer in Novigrad, reunion with Ciri, trough time and space and naturally the battle of Kaer Morhen. It's a shame that GB crew discuss only the Bloody Baron.

NeverGameOver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#87  Edited By NeverGameOver

@edgaras1103 said:

While I think Bloody Baron is outstanding quest line, personally I think there are better ones.

That's because that's where all of them inexplicably stopped playing. None of them even found Ciri.

Cav829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 2

So close on two different awards for Life is Strange, but it's hard to root against Kerbal.

My word, Witcher has taken two categories, got a runner-up nod on a third, and there are a bunch of fans still complaining. I know it's a minority and what not, but yeesh.

JauntyHat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#89  Edited By JauntyHat

Not even a nod for Undertale in multiplayer? I forced all my friends to watch me play through it and then I did the same to them. If that isn't multiplayer I don't know what is! Even with this crime we all know who the REAL winner is.

LochRaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

@branthog said:

When will the podcasts be up? Previous years, there were podcasts up every single day for like a week. So far, there hasn't been anything since last week's regular tuesday podcast on the 22nd.

Dude, look on the home page. There are 3 GOTY podcasts up.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Fredchuckdave

The Mission 11 thing is like totally meaningless; yes the mission begins much more efficiently than every other mission in the game but all that does is point out the colossal flaw of there being a 45 second to a minute long helicopter sequence every fucking time you start a mission; Anyone who's played a decent chunk of Metal Gear has wasted at least an hour or two of their life looking at those identical helicopter animations for no reason. Sure you can start missions on site and that's generally pretty cool when it works out but the vast majority of players will never partake of that aspect of the game.

Lelcar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#92  Edited By Lelcar

@kasaioni said:

Dan literally picked the most boring moments of MGSV to nominate.

What about mission 43? When you're going around killing a bunch of your recruits?

What about mission 45? The best part in the game with Quiet?

What about mission 46?

What about the whole hospital sequence at the beginning of the fucking game? What the hell Dan?

Yeah, tell me about it. In fact, my favourite moment from that game isn't even one that you mentioned or that they mentioned, it's the vocal cord parasites part where your team is constantly dying and you have to figure it out while insane things are also happening at the same time, nearing the end of chapter 1. It's a part that spirals out of the player's control in a big way. MGSV's moment choices in the podcast is very weird. It surprises me sometimes how like-minded eight different people in a room can be about certain things.

kasaioni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lelcar: I thought about that moment too. Like even Vinny was mentioning how the game structures its missions in a really unsuspecting way with the Quiet introduction, and that parasite outbreak is the ultimate example of that!

And they were acting like nothing cool happens after mission 31. Like what about the Huey stuff? That was cool, funny, and thought provoking. It's like they spend so much time thinking about what ways the game disappoints them, without mentioning the cool parts at all. It's not like the Konami patches took out the part where Volgin actually shows up, or the part when Kaz and Snake a shooting the limbs off of Skullface. MGSV actually has a lot of great non-gameplay moments.

foeaminute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@branthog: Did you try clicking on the word "podcast" in the giant banner?

(sorry)

johnny_cache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edgaras1103 said:

While I think Bloody Baron is outstanding quest line, personally I think there are better ones.

That's because that's where all of them inexplicably stopped playing. None of them even found Ciri.

Second this. With their talk about life is strange and living with their choice I would have liked to hear their thoughts on the final quest(s) in the Witcher. First play through I got the negative ending and never related to a video game character more than with Geralt at that moment.

The_Tribunal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guess what people the updates to mgsv made the game better. So I don't get the outrage at all. There is konami in general and mgsv being a general disappointment to argue for.

Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

@branthog said:

When will the podcasts be up? Previous years, there were podcasts up every single day for like a week. So far, there hasn't been anything since last week's regular tuesday podcast on the 22nd.

Check your feed maybe? I've been downloading them every day as usual.

Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

I wish at least one person on staff finished the game so it could get a proper discussion.

Next you'll tell us there should be a review for Red Dead Redemption.

VIDEO GAME EDITORS GOTS STUFF TO DO BESIDES PLAY GAMES. ;p