GotG Quarterfinals: Mass Effect 2 vs. Fallout 3

• 96 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

Poll GotG Quarterfinals: Mass Effect 2 vs. Fallout 3 (1069 votes)

Mass Effect 2 71%
Fallout 3 29%

Main thread

Full bracket

Can Mass Effect 2 score another big win or is Fallout 3 too big to overcome?

Mass Effect 2 (2010)

Fallout 3 (2008)

Voting closes at midnight GMT / 4pm PST.

• 
hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By hatking

Man, actually can't vote here. I really don't care either way. I think my feelings are the same for both games. Kind of love them, but I understand they're both flawed in really significant ways (oddly enough, both wrap up really poorly).

Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Coafi

Mass Effect 2.

Loading Video...

This is my favorite song on the Citadel.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Mass Effect 2 is going to win this whole damn thing and that is depressing as fuck because its a worse version of the first game.

Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Trilogy

@jakob187 said:
...(I remember @jeff being particularly fucking livid about one of the ending scenarios and needed to talk about it to someone, so he e-mailed me of all people and started expounding how fucked shit was). ...

No Caption Provided

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

ME2 is going to roll the whole tourney isn't it?

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@jakob187 said:

I'm not going to sit here and go over my overall beef with Mass Effect 2. I'm just going to say that I think the game is bullshit top to bottom.

Fallout 3, for me, was a massive surprise. I spit vile venom at that game from the minute it was announced. At every turn, as a diehard Fallout fan, I felt like I was being betrayed for an Elder Scrolls ripoff. However, I'm glad that some odd thought popped into my head on launch night to go buy that fucker. It was a great game. Mind you, there were some elements that were divisive for people (I remember @jeff being particularly fucking livid about one of the ending scenarios and needed to talk about it to someone, so he e-mailed me of all people and started expounding how fucked shit was). In the long run, the futuristic aesthetic is something that I find visually pleasing, the storylines were pretty damn cool, and Oasis was easily one of the best quests EVER in a video game. Poor ol' Harold.

You need to find that email and post it here.

axlvandamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fallout 3 only because I have a hard on for anything post-apocalyptic.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

@slag said:

ME2 is going to roll the whole tourney isn't it?

ME2 = The Reapers we're fucked.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mass Effect 2 is so good, it makes Mass Effect 3 one of the most disappointing games I've ever played.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

well I didn't expect it to wreck Fallout 3 this bad. Both are in my top 5 console games of the generation so that works for me.

Vuud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Vuud

Hard to say. They're both a poor RPG and mediocre shooter mashed together in a big hot mess... I guess Fallout 3 for the mods.

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Thank God. Fallout 3 is good, but it's not Mass Effect 2 good.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mass Effect 2. I loved me some Fallout 3, but it can't top the time I spent being hyped and and finally playing ME2..

Avatar image for battlemcstruggle
BattleMcStruggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both are in my personal top 5 so its a choice i can´t make. But it seems like Mass Effect will make it. Seems legit, the next vote goes to Fallout 4 then.

LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Fallout 3 is going to be a huge nostalgia thing for me in the coming years. When it first came out, I must have played it for hundreds upon hundreds of hours, and this is somebody who had NEVER played an FPSRPG before.

But with all that said, Mass Effect 2 takes this. It's just wonderful.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

This is just about the only instance where I vote for Fallout 3.

Man, Mass Effect really is going to win this entire thing...

gatehouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There’s no stopping the Normandy right now! Rightly so in my opinion, Mass Effect 2 is superb from beginning to end. I’m even the weirdo who found the resource hunting with probes to be quite therapeutic.

FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I didn't get why ME2 was so revered. While it was a good game, it bored me and don't remember if I even finished it. ME1 for me was the better game, and I had a blast playing it.

Fallout 3 was fucking amazing at the time, and kept me coming back time and time again.

Because the poll isn't between ME1 and Fallout3, this makes my decision much easier. Fallout 3 by a V.A.T. exploding headshot.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#69  Edited By ShadowConqueror

I fucking love both of these games. I have to choose Mass Effect, though.

danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fallout 3 wasn't even my favourite Fallout game this generation, so this match up is pretty easy to decide for me.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

Rot in hell Fallout 3.

Avatar image for deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee
deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't get why ME2 was so revered. While it was a good game, it bored me and don't remember if I even finished it. ME1 for me was the better game, and I had a blast playing it.

Fallout 3 was fucking amazing at the time, and kept me coming back time and time again.

Because the poll isn't between ME1 and Fallout3, this makes my decision much easier. Fallout 3 by a V.A.T. exploding headshot.

Oddly enough, I liked ME2 more, and tried to do everything I could in it. ME1 just felt clunky mechanics wise, and the inventory system was not fun to deal with.

zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@festeringneon said:

Oddly enough, I liked ME2 more, and tried to do everything I could in it. ME1 just felt clunky mechanics wise, and the inventory system was not fun to deal with.

I'm on the fence between ME1 and ME2. ME1 had a more interesting story, more interesting locations and setting the backdrop but it had some really shit combat and gameplay mechanics. ME2 pretty much fixes all of that, but with a slight hit to the story and discovery. I think objectively speaking however, ME2 is a much, much better game than 1 even if I personally enjoyed ME1 a little bit more.

L33T_HAXOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

I love both games, but got a lot more out of playing Fallout 3. Oh well, it had a pretty good run.

Killerfridge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mass Effect 2 is the best game in the series because you essentially become James Bond. And if we're including DLC,Lair of the Shadow Broker was so good.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#76  Edited By kindgineer

As much as I enjoyed Fallout 3, Mass Effect 2 nailed what a great game was to me.

Jothel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Oh maaaaaaaan this is hard, I played ME2 for a much shorter amount of time but it was a great time but so was Fallout 3. Gah.

thefeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fallout 3 how did you even get this far? Ugly ass game with horrible gameplay. Mass Effect 2 is one of my favourite games ever. Easy vote.

Guesty_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Guesty_01

If Mass Effect 2 wins this whole thing I will cry and a little part of me inside may die.

UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hell yeah Mass Effect! I still think it's going to end up losing to Dark Souls though but it has had a really good run. ME2 is my personal favourite of the generation.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There’s no stopping the Normandy right now! Rightly so in my opinion, Mass Effect 2 is superb from beginning to end. I’m even the weirdo who found the resource hunting with probes to be quite therapeutic.

Me too, depleted every planet in the galaxy... :P

sjosz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By MarkWahlberg

Look at the illusive man there and tell me you will not be voting Mass Effect 2.

No Caption Provided

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By mrfluke

has to be mass effect 2, that singular raw experience of gathering your guys building a relationship with your crew, and going to fight the greater evil and then flying out of that collector base with everyone alive is one of the best moments in entertainment history.

its all the more reason and testament to this game why mass effect 3 was a letdown and the enormous backlash 3 had.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love both games but Fallout 3 for me. Shame it's losing so badly. Thought it would be closer.

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#87  Edited By Little_Socrates

If it were Mass Effect 3, I might lean that direction. My vote's with Fallout 3, and I'm okay with Mass Effect in general going forward.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@little_socrates: I'm really curious about your position. You might be the first person I've ever heard express that. I'd love to hear more.

McBEEF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mass Effect 2 for me. If it was Fallout-New Vegas then it might have been a tougher choice. Still don't know if I prefer mass effect or mass effect 2 more though...

Avatar image for deactivated-5998b7e12fabb
deactivated-5998b7e12fabb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love both but Mass Effect 2 takes this.

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By abendlaender

I will never understand why people love Mass Effect 2 that much. Never. And that's okay.

I thought ME2 was a good game, with great sidequests, a lackluster main quest, an okay shooting system and some pretty okay characters, but nothing more. But hey, who cares, the people have spoken :P

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty disappointed that Fallout 3 isn't winning, that game had some of my best experiences by far this gen, and I just can't seem to stand Mass Effect.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

You motherfuckers really gonna bounce Fallout 3 like that. You are all evil. Or at least 71% of you are evil.

I know the feeling Tom.
I know the feeling Tom.

Phished0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Loading Video...

This is pretty much how i feel about where this.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

It's neat that the ME3 clusterfuck doesn't seem to have tarnished the reputation of ME2.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

Fallout :(

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mass Effect 2 steamrolls another opponent with 71% of the vote and 1053 votes cast.