Guitar Hero Reality show!? You've got to be kidding me?

slayerofheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 2

Edited By slayerofheroes

By no means am I a fan. Personally I hate those games just like any other party games that are out there. But I also don''t hate on people that like them.

But getting back to topic, my sister is always going to some celebrity gossips sites called perezhilton.com and he's always reporting on things that people don't really need to hear. So she went to it today and saw an article talking about a reality show or possibly a live world tour. Here's what the article had to say:

Sources are saying that the widely popular video game could be spawning its own reality television show or even perhaps a real-life concert tour.

The franchise is owned by Activision (the brains behind Worlds of Warcraft) and CEO Bobby Kotick sees the potential in the video game. While he thinks it "might make for a good TV show or a good concert tour," he wouldn't comment on the speculation of a movie as well.

But don't worry video gamers, they haven't forgetten about the actual GAMES. Activision Blizzard this year will release several new games including DJ Hero, which uses a turntable controller for hip-hop, Motown and other dance music, and Band Hero, which caters to younger players and features top-40 hits. : Van Halen and : Smash Hits also are set for release.

We think this might be taking it too far.

In case you still find this hard to believe, than here's the link: http://perezhilton.com/2009-05-09-guitar-hero-tv

What do you guys think? Good or bad idea?

slayerofheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#1  Edited By slayerofheroes

By no means am I a fan. Personally I hate those games just like any other party games that are out there. But I also don''t hate on people that like them.

But getting back to topic, my sister is always going to some celebrity gossips sites called perezhilton.com and he's always reporting on things that people don't really need to hear. So she went to it today and saw an article talking about a reality show or possibly a live world tour. Here's what the article had to say:

Sources are saying that the widely popular video game could be spawning its own reality television show or even perhaps a real-life concert tour.

The franchise is owned by Activision (the brains behind Worlds of Warcraft) and CEO Bobby Kotick sees the potential in the video game. While he thinks it "might make for a good TV show or a good concert tour," he wouldn't comment on the speculation of a movie as well.

But don't worry video gamers, they haven't forgetten about the actual GAMES. Activision Blizzard this year will release several new games including DJ Hero, which uses a turntable controller for hip-hop, Motown and other dance music, and Band Hero, which caters to younger players and features top-40 hits. : Van Halen and : Smash Hits also are set for release.

We think this might be taking it too far.

In case you still find this hard to believe, than here's the link: http://perezhilton.com/2009-05-09-guitar-hero-tv

What do you guys think? Good or bad idea?

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Failure
ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By ZombieHunterOG
addictedtopinescent said:
"...
Failure
"

Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By Bigandtasty
slayerofheroes said:

Worlds of Warcraft

i chuckled

guitar hero movie? uh.....what
Dimsey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Dimsey

I don't like it. I doubt many people here will.
But I'm sure theres an audience for it. People like stupid stuff.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By Video_Game_King

I just hope things don't go full circle and the show inspires a Guitar Hero game based on the show.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By c1337us
Video_Game_King said:
"I just hope things don't go full circle and the show inspires a Guitar Hero game based on the show."
Yes.

And as much I am not really into Guitar Hero some one needs to die for the injustices it is causing. This whole movement has gone too far.
dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By dsplayer1010

Wasn't there something on tv for Rock Band?

TissueShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 68

#9  Edited By TissueShoe

Guitar Hero IS going too far. Waaaay too far. Too many games slated for release, I mean there are more than 5 "(something) Hero" games coming out THIS YEAR alone! And now a reality TV show? *shivers*

skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#10  Edited By skrutop
@dsplayer1010 said:
" Wasn't there something on tv for Rock Band? "
Yup.  And it was lame.
The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By The_A_Drain

"The franchise is owned by Activision (the brains behind Worlds of Warcraft) "

Stopped reading here.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By JJOR64

No Caption Provided

gesi1223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By gesi1223

"The franchise is owned by Activision (the brains behind Worlds of Warcraft)"

Nerdraged because this is incorrect.

Also stopped reading.

jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jeffgoldblum
@c1337us said:
" Video_Game_King said:
"I just hope things don't go full circle and the show inspires a Guitar Hero game based on the show."
Yes.And as much I am not really into Guitar Hero some one needs to die for the injustices it is causing. This whole movement has gone too far. "
No that would be awesome. Then we could finally add another game to this page.
Lowbrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Lowbrow

Has anyone taken a look at Bobby lately and thought that this is going to be the guy that runs the Activision gravy train into the rock face of a giant fucking mountain?

Sometimes, I do.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By Snail

How would that even work?

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By penguindust
@slayerofheroes:
The franchise is owned by Activision (the brains behind Worlds of Warcraft)
I'm going to be positive and assume this is sarcasm.

As for the GH TV show, I think it's a great idea...provided this was still 1982 and the networks needed something to fill a spot between Super Password and Press Your Luck.  But, since it's not, I think it's a terrible idea.  Every year an "official" air-guitar championship is held.  Does anyone want to see a televised edition of that competition?  No, and that's basically what GH & RB are.  No one wants to watch a karaoke championship game show, either.  Just because they can put something on TV, doesn't mean they should.