• 154 results
DoucheVader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By DoucheVader
Which is EXACTLY why I feel they should not use a 10 point system.  There are 5 kinds of games out there.  I am completely repeating myself.

1 - Ones that you will not play, they absolutely suck.  Nothing about the game is forgiving.
2 - Ones that you may rent or borrow, but will not buy.
3 - Decent games nothing spectacular, but isn't horrible.
4 - Great games, solid title, good polish.
5 - Excellent games, must have.

10 points is splitting hairs.

oNsJUGGERNAUT
said:
"I think they need to change to a 10 point system to allow discrepancy between game scores."

DoucheVader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152  Edited By DoucheVader

Snail -- I aggree over all, but I do see the usefulness of quantifying game scores.  For one thing you can get an overall basis of game quality on a particular platform compared to another.  I do not want to see a score system replace a game review, I would like to see one that is non-ambiguous that doesn't allow for much bias to seep through.  A 5 point score seems to accomplish both tasks.

Snail said:
"xplodedd said:
"someone please patiently explain to me the concept of the 5 stars..
like pm me or something because i dont get the genius in it."
Fine.
To express a game through a mathematical way is stupid. It simply is. It is ridiculous to label on a game it's exact score and it is far more preferable to use a method that says the chances of you having fun with the game. It is the best method. And it doesn't really matter, what matters the most is the review for Pete's sake.
"

DoucheVader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By DoucheVader

Why hasn't anyone created forums that do a search when you post a new topic ALA digg.com to see if there are any duplicates?

Stevokenevo
said:
"people need to actually listen and read, or this thread is going to resurface every few weeks/months because somebody wakes up one morning and decides to be retarded for a few hours."

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#154  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
DoucheVader said:
"

Why hasn't anyone created forums that do a search when you post a new topic ALA digg.com to see if there are any duplicates?

"
These forums do that when you post a new topic. It comes up with a list of similar topics. Unfortunately, people tend to be stupid and ignore them.