halloween month, what we playing?

• 68 results
gamb1t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

im beating dying light at 75% already and has been fun gameplay wise. alien isolation is a rerun. deadspace rerun as well. was curious what other people got on the lineup. HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!!!!!!

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

I’m thinking about playing Fatal Frame... Sometimes I can just go for it but most days I kinda dread the thought starting a legit horror game. We’ll see. Hopefully I’ll get in just the right mood. I have no problems with something like Dead Space or The Evil Within cause you’re a totally capable killing machine but them older horror games give me a real scare.

Acura_Max

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I shall be playing Dota because I hate my life. I am also playing Bloodborne for a second time. This time I have the Old Hunters DLC. So I am looking forward to playing with the new weapons.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

I've exhausted many of the greats in the horror genre, as I've been going back and playing some of the them for the last few Octobers. I went REALLY crazy back in 2014, probably playing through 15-20 games in a single month. Ever since, I've had a hard time both devoting myself to more than a few games and also finding things I still haven't tried. It's why I've been focusing a bit more on horror movies this year instead of games, as I haven't really seen many of them. I do have some horror games I've played and plan to play, however.

This year, I finally went back to the original SNES Clock Tower, after playing the PS1 version a few years ago. It's very impressive for when it came out and is still really intriguing, albeit painfully slow. I also finished both Nightmare on Elm Street and Friday the 13th on NES, despite neither of those being great games.

I'd like to play some more Darkwood, Pathologic, and Sweet Home (NES), but I'm not sure if my heart is in it enough for any of those, as each of them tests my patience a little. I plan to replay all of David Szymanski's horror games and write something up about them, as they are tragically underappreciated. And on Halloween itself, I plan to replay one of the Silent Hill games, likely 3 or Shattered Memories.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Mainly Pokemon Ultra Sun because I bought a 2DS XL literally a week ago, but I try to play something horror themed like Dead Space 1 around this time of the year.

Come to think of it, I got the Amnesia games from free at some point thanks to HumbleBundle. I might as well try 'em out at some point.

Mastaofminds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Mastaofminds

This is the perfect time to catch up on Spooky/Horror games. October Spookyfest! This is part of my backlog of games.

Alan Wake

Alan Wake's American Nightmare

DeadSpace 2

Mortal Kombat X

Fear 2

Fear 3

Left for Dead 2

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Maaan, maybe I can squeeze in some time for Alan Wake, or snag a digital copy of Shadows of the Damned?

I’d love a good way to play Silent Hill and Silent Hill 2 on modern hardware.

I also have a copy of Observer that I haven’t had time to try. I hear that leans in a direction that might be good for this time of year.

Alien Isolation and Condemned (man, I’d like a Condemned remake or remaster) would be cool, too.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Playing Vampire Bloodlines my self. It's still decent, a bit janky here and there, but still very enjoyable.

CreepingDeath0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I started the month playing through Soma. Absolutely fantastic game. Next up is Outlast 2 with a bit of VtM Bloodlines as padding. Also have Project Zero Maiden of Black Water sitting on a shelf to finish that I might get round to... If I can bother to hook the WiiU up again

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By BabyChooChoo
sawtooth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12  Edited By sawtooth

I picked up Stories Untold off Steam. The story is bad and not very scary.

Also picked up Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon, which is much more fun. Trying to unlock Ultimate mode currently. I really hope Vinny goes back to play it after his initial playthrough for more Vinnyvania (stania).

Got my hands on a PS4 for a little bit and tried some Bloodborne. I both really like and despise that game. Want to play more...

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ironically, I just finished a run of a modded Doki Doki Literature Club with the horror elements taken out XD

That being said, my horror-themed game is Castlevania: Rondo of Blood. I'm in the middle of a run with Maria right now and then I'll get the good ending with Richter. Funnily enough, the dungeon I'm currently going through in Persona Q is also horror-themed.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Nothing horror related, but I've been diving into Yakuza 0 and got deep back into Skyrim. I've also been playing an absurd amount of Bloons Adventure Time. Despite the gross P2P stuff (the difficulty hits some savage notes and there's about five billion currencies), I really love the heroes and allies system in it, where you have a handful of primary main characters who can then bring a number of weaker but still useful characters onto the maps as well. You find those allies via drops, along with equipment and weapons, and it's sort of a pain not to have everything unlocked right off the bat, but damned if it doesn't have me hooked, at least for the moment.

BallsLeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Until Dawn, and Rainbow Six: Siege with a spooky pumpkin charm

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PatODay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm playing through Dark Souls right now and I want to play DS2 & DS3 also, but I definitely want to give Bloodborne a shot if I can find it on the cheap, too.

CreepingDeath0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sawtooth: Isn't there 3 or 4 stories in Stories Untold?

flatblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got observer and soma free through twitch prime so I'm gonna play my way through those. I've just gotten to the point in observer where you do your first "interrogation." Man, was that a trip

Avatar image for cursethesemetalhands
CurseTheseMetalHands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I recently got back into XCOM: Enemy Unknown, decided to finally go for the Platinum, so I've been playing a ton of that - and creating new swear words along the way.

I've got Zombie Driver from PS+ and thought I might start using that as a palate cleanser for those times when XCOM forces me to eat shit.

And I was thinking this might finally be the year I get back to the Dead Space games.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'm replaying Oblivion for the first time in almost a decade while waiting for Red Dead to come out and those faces are spoooooooooky as fuck.

sawtooth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22  Edited By sawtooth

@creepingdeath0: it's 4 chapters and...(spoilers)

they all relate to the same story

Casepb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never played Until Dawn and I got it with PS PLus. Going to check that out some time this month. I also might grab some thing horror on the Steam sale, not sure what though.

big_denim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Bloodborne

gamb1t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@patoday: i tried deadspace 3 before i played through dying light, that game is 100% complete opposite of what dead space was. i couldn't even get past 10 minutes.

personandstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By personandstuff

The spookiest Forza.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Just ran through FEAR for the first time in a while

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I'm half way through Act 4 in Resident Evil 4. Started playing it last year for the first time until I got stuck.

atomicoldman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Every October I load up on spooky games, but this year I'm keeping it completely retro.

I've so far finished: Resident Evil Director's Cut (Chris), and an S-ending run in Clock Tower for the SNES.

I'm going to be playing:

• Resident Evil Director's Cut (Jill)
  • Resident Evil 2
  • Addam's Family (Genesis)
  • Parasite Eve 2

Probably won't finish Addam's Family though. That game is just a bastard.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By NTM

I was thinking about buying Outlast 2 on the Xbox One X, but I've already gone through it on PS4 and have other games to play nor do I want to spend that much money on it. I just finished up The Surge last night which was a good game and now I'm going to go through Nier: Automata on the X since my brother bought it on there. I played through most of the first playthrough (or whatever you call it) on the PS4 but I stopped playing it since I started playing other games. I liked it then despite quitting, and I like it now and will finish it this time. It'll be the game I play until Red Dead Redemption 2 unless my brother brings over Assassin's Creed Odyssey before then, which I don't really plan on buying if I can borrow it. It's probably a fine game, but a lot of it looks so samey that I think spending full price on it would be a waste for me right now. So, as much as I love horror games and want to play some of them often, as for right now I'm not playing any horror games. The Surge isn't a horror, but it has some horror vibes for sure and is claustrophobic.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flatblack: SOMA is fantastic; Observer was disappointing. I would say SOMA is scarier, but it's also not what that game is about to me.

inkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Red Orchestra 2ooooooooooooooooooooooo!

(I'm not playing anything special for October, considering diving back into Stardew Valley though, never did find out what lived in the sewers)

PatODay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gamb1t: That's the one that had the co-op mechanic, right? I remember that looking like an Army of Two game in Dead Space. Dead Space 1 is probably the most on edge I've been playing a game

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I usually play a Resident Evil game in October but I've been thinking of going through Fear 1 since I never did beat it the last time I played it.

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

I'm thinking of playing Resident Evil 4 again or Soma. We'll see what I feel like once I'm done AC: Freedom Cry.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I think I will play through Until Dawn again - I miss those crazy teens.

Cybexx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Assassin's Creed Odyssey is really grabbing me. I enjoyed Origins but it took me a really long time to get back to that game, I only actually finished the story a couple weeks ago but exploring around Greece despite it flaws is really interesting to me.

Wandersong is great, super different casual adventure / platforming so it is a great change of pace from everything else.

I've recently got back into Hearthstone, my deck composition is terrible so far but slowly getting better.

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will finally try to get into Sunless Sea. It's been on my backlog for a long time but I've always been hesitant due to the amount of reading in that game. But I think I'm ready to cozy up with some Lovecraftian spookiness.

noturspaghetti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just replayed this making sure i picked up all the collectibles. Think I might do another run at the end of this month, just felt like my nose was in a walkthrough the whole time I was looking for everything.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Might grab Condemned, if Steam has a halloween sale and it's dirt cheap during it. Or maybe for Xbox One, if they have a Shocktober sale again. Too bad Condemned 2 ain't on the backwards comp list (yet at least).

luisrz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By luisrz

I picked Hollow Knight back up again expecting to struggle with it some more, but I ended up getting over a hump and now I'm deep in for some spooky exploration for the rest of the month.

Arcsurvivor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shadowrun Hong Kong. It's fun and has tactics, which I enjoy. The story so far is similar to Shadowrun Returns.

I like the feature of Steam Workshop to play additional content.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm playing the scariest game of all...Destiny 2

j_unit2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#44  Edited By j_unit2008

Luigi’s Mansion 2 because I can’t handle actual scary games.

Sarnecki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just finished The Evil Within 2, which was an ok Resi action horror thing. I've got Dead Souls 3 which will be my first ever Dead Souls, as well as Resident Evil 7, Dead Space 3, Hollow Knight, Darkest Dungeon and Don't Starve, as well as the Costume Quest games and Overwatch, Paladins, WoW Wildstar and Guild Wars for their Halloween event content.

justiceface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got into the Odyssey Google Streaming thing so I'll be playing that and giving Maple Story 2 a go.

pinefresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I fired up Deadly Premonition earlier this month to finally get the platinum trophy. I started playing it specifically to get the platinum about 4 years ago, but I guess I got kind of sidetracked halfway through. Oops.

I finally started Yakuza Dead Souls recently too. It's the Yakuza game nobody ever talks about, but I'm having a great time with it so far. The quick look for that game is what turned me on to the Yakuza series in general and it's kind of what made me want to get a PS3... but it took me more than 6 years to actually get around to playing it. And I'm super glad it took me that long because if I jumped into it immediately I wouldn't have liked it nearly as much. Half the fun of the game is seeing the characters from 6 other games I've played in a dumb situation. Patrick perfectly describes it in the quick look as the halloween episode of your favourite tv show, which would be a terrible place to start watching something.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f39c75856922
deactivated-5f39c75856922

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Overwatch, Dying Light DLC and Let It Die.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Crew 2.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was going to do a plethora of horror games this month, but I need that Slasher 76 skin in Overwatch, so... Overwatch.