Halo 3: Find Madeleine McCann?

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Gizmo

After all the speculation of "who's Maddy?" , I sat down and had a little think.

A British family had their child (Madeleine McCann, AKA Maddy) kidnapped from a Portugese resort just over a year, it was on the front page of most British tabloids for over 9 months and still regularly shows up (she has not been found), it was definately the most high profile kidnapping in the history of British press. I know that this is unlikely, but I have seen a few times a newspaper with the headline "where's Maddy", and this seems too much of a coincidence. For those in the U.S.A I have wiki'ed the description of the kidnapping etc for you to be informed about.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(Redirected from Madeleine McCann)
Madeleine McCann

Madeleine McCann disappeared on the evening of Thursday, 3 May 2007 from the resort of Praia da Luz, in the Algarve region of Portugal, just days short of her fourth birthday, and is still missing. The British girl was on holiday with her parents, Kate and Gerry McCann, and siblings when she disappeared from an apartment in the central area of the resort. Madeleine's parents have said that they left her unsupervised in a ground floor bedroom with her two-year-old twin siblings while they ate at a restaurant about 130 yards (120 metres) away.

The initial investigation by the Polícia Judiciária (PJ) (the Portuguese criminal investigation police) concluded that she had been abducted. After further investigation, the PJ stated that there was a strong hypothesis that she might have died in her room. During the investigation there were a number of unconfirmed claimed sightings of Madeleine in Portugal and elsewhere and additional scientific evidence was obtained. The investigation involved the co-operation of the British and Portuguese police and demonstrated the differing methodologies employed by each, with regard to such aspects as the amount of information released to the public and the legal status of those involved in the case.

Robert Murat, a local resident, was given arguido (suspect) status on 15 May. Kate and Gerry McCann were also named as arguidos on 7 September, but were allowed to fly back to the United Kingdom on 9 September. All three were cleared, with their arguido status lifted, on 21 July 2008. The Portuguese Attorney General closed the case, without a result, also on 21 July.

The disappearance and its aftermath were notable for the breadth and longevity of the media coverage.

This was initially due to the active involvement of the parents in publicising the case and to several awareness-raising campaigns by international celebrities and, latterly, to the interest that arose from the parents being named as suspects. The event generated international media attention with controversy surrounding the Portuguese-led police investigation and the actions of Madeleine's parents. There has also been criticism of the extent and nature of the publicity and of the reporting of the disappearance in both the Portuguese and British media.

EDIT: I have just checked on Google, and GamesRadar are reporting this same story too.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Karmum
Here is the article, and I'll show you the picture. Certainly is interesting.

caption
caption
trulyalive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By trulyalive

Inserting something like that in this video seems kinda tastless =/

Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By Lies
Bo17 said:
"Inserting something like that in this video seems kinda tastless =/"
Doubt it's a reference to her, honestly.
trulyalive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By trulyalive

Depends, really...If you're from the U.S. then it might just seem like a coincidence, but here in the UK, the Media has been going fucking berzerk over Maddeline for the past year...

Avatar image for wallacethegreat
WallacetheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6  Edited By WallacetheGreat

Why would they reference her? That has to be a coincidence. A sad, and unfortunate, coincidence.

Warfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Warfare
WallacetheGreat said:
"Why would they reference her? That has to be a coincidence. A sad, and unfortunate, coincidence."
Indeed.
trulyalive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By trulyalive

I agree it's unlikely.
But based on the context of the OP, and the shitstorm that the medias been brewing, it's the first thing that came to mind.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By PureRok

Considering that Bungie is in the US this is very unlikely, but not impossible. If it's true then I'll laugh because that's funny... Hell, it's funny anyway.

Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By Out_On_Bail

I'm hoping it is only a coincidence, that wouldn't be anything I'd be interested in as a ''game.''

trulyalive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By trulyalive
PureRok said:
"Considering that Bungie is in the US this is very unlikely, but not impossible. If it's true then I'll laugh because that's funny... Hell, it's funny anyway."
Hmmm...you have an interesting sense of humour...
Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By Black_Rose
WallacetheGreat said:
"Why would they reference her? That has to be a coincidence. A sad, and unfortunate, coincidence."
I agree
Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jeffsekai

All it shows is that Bungie knows how to watch the news.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

I believe its just a cowinkydinkj.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By HandsomeDead

This can't be any more than a coincidence.

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Player1

Yes, like the above people, probably a coincidence. Bungie is an american company too, so I don't see them doing some tasteless like this on purpose. 

Lemegeton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Gizmo
wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By wefwefasdf
Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#20  Edited By Snail
Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21  Edited By Hamz

Being from the UK i can understand why some people might be outraged by this but i think it might have been a little ignorant to assume Bungie are so tasteless.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#22  Edited By Snail
Hamz said:
"Being from the UK i can understand why some people might be outraged by this but i think it might have been a little ignorant to assume Bungie are so tasteless."
Being from Portugal I get what you mean.
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
Hamz said:
"Being from the UK i can understand why some people might be outraged by this but i think it might have been a little ignorant to assume Bungie are so tasteless."
while i doubt they'd do this, they have been known to reference things in their games- the first 3 halos played largely on religion.
And you know, this trailer sort of hints at a 9/11 reference. 
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By BiggerBomb

That story was huge in our country, too. Anyway, you think that because a girl named Maddie was kidnapped she has somehow sole custody of all things Maddie?

*Whistles*

People are stupid.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By HandsomeDead
SmugDarkLoser said:
"Hamz said:
while i doubt they'd do this, they have been known to reference things in their games- the first 3 halos played largely on religion.
And you know, this trailer sort of hints at a 9/11 reference. "
No it doesn't.
gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#26  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

When I saw this in the trailer I knew it would be misinterpreted and made a big deal over and it has. Just because they referenced a lost girl called Maddie does not mean they are referencing Madeline McCann and I think most people know that but there are some that are unneccesarily overblowing this story.

BeyondPerfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By BeyondPerfect
BiggerBomb said:
"

That story was huge in our country, too. Anyway, you think that because a girl named Maddie was kidnapped she has somehow sole custody of all things Maddie?

*Whistles*

People are stupid.

"
People are insecure these days. They need to blow everything out of proportion to make someone/something look bad so they can feel better about themselves.

You think Bungie goes through every bit of history, follows every news outlet and goes to unnecessary lengths to make sure they don't add in coincidental references? Grow the fuck up already. Obviously Maddie is relevant to Halo. Again, just you insecure little shitheads that need to make Bungie look bad so you can feel better about yourself.
AzureSupernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By AzureSupernova
BeyondPerfect said:
"BiggerBomb said: You think Bungie goes through every bit of history, follows every news outlet and goes to unnecessary lengths to make sure they don't add in coincidental references?

Fair point,  I mean even if they did, it's bound to happen to someone else anyway. But who here really gives a damn if it is a reference to her or not anyway?
Tiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Tiago

Might not be intentional, but they are American they may have heard people saying that and think it's some kind of saying. (.e.g. run of the mill, been there done that, etc)

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By BiggerBomb

I think Maddy might be John's sister, a la the one seen in the trailer where Master Chief is knocked unconscious and is dreaming about looking into the stars with another girl. My bet is that is his sister.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By BiggerBomb
BeyondPerfect said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"

*Whistles*

People are stupid.

"
People are insecure these days. They need to blow everything out of proportion to make someone/something look bad so they can feel better about themselves.

You think Bungie goes through every bit of history, follows every news outlet and goes to unnecessary lengths to make sure they don't add in coincidental references? Grow the fuck up already. Obviously Maddie is relevant to Halo. Again, just you insecure little shitheads that need to make Bungie look bad so you can feel better about yourself."

Um....

What? I am saying that it is a little farfetched to assume that the Maddie referenced in the trailer is the same Maddie that was kidnapped. In fact, there is no correlation. Of course there is a Maddie in Halo, that is why it was mentioned in the trailer. But Bungie wouldn't make a publicity stunt like shining a search light for a girl missing for more than a year now, in a reveal-trailer no less. That is absurd

Want to tell me how that is me trying to make Bungie look bad? That is me saying that anyone who believes this is gullible. And how does me saying this, allude to insecurity on my part? I'll go Freudian on your ass and say you just projected your own insecurity on another, when it was not relevant to the discussion, in order to form the coping mechanism of lashing out towards an otherwise innocuous and non-accusatory message.

So why don't you go calm down or go fuck yourself? M'kay? Good!