Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By McGhee

@katanalauncher said:

@McGhee said:

Just leave out Comic Vine and the show will improve dramatically. Listening to people talk about superheros is so boring. I can't believe that shit even still exists.

As opposed to people talking about games and tech?

Yes, exactly. :)

Grimluck343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Grimluck343

@McGhee said:

Just leave out Comic Vine and the show will improve dramatically. Listening to people talk about superheros is so boring. I can't believe that shit even still exists.

I mean, really, comic books barely exist as a shell of what they once were.

@GolazoDan said:

Will. Norm. Lockpicking.

Haven't missed Tested's dumbass segments. Hopefully the Radio Dave call in show will be this Friday though.

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#53  Edited By grilledcheez

I'm somewhat excited! Of course I'll be at work, but I'll catch the archive.

Metric_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#54  Edited By Metric_Outlaw

I hope it comes back annually like maybe once a month or so.

dr_ryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#55  Edited By dr_ryan

@Metric_Outlaw said:

I do not think this word means what you think it means

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#56  Edited By Skytylz

@The_Reflection said:

@Metric_Outlaw said:

I do not think this word means what you think it means

Dodeca-annually?

GolazoDan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#57  Edited By GolazoDan

I hope it returns on an hourly basis.

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By BonOrbitz
I missed the Happy Hour and hope they broadcast more.
I missed the Happy Hour and hope they broadcast more.
MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By MrKlorox

Neat, I missed this news. Definitely gonna be a one-off show. There's just not enough content to keep it weekly and still keep it entertaining and professional. I still say they should just get drunk on camera and do dumb shit like it was in the beginning.

@benpicko said:

@AlexW00d said:

@FTomato said:

@AlexW00d said:

@benpicko said:

Hopefully it does become bi-weekly, though. Happy Hour was easily the best thing on here once you forget that Comic Vine exist.

You realise bi-weekly means twice a week right? Or do you actually want two of them per week?

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/biweekly

So the Americans use it in a different sense, jesus christ, stop it.

I'm actually English and only said biweekly because somebody else said it above me.

People should use biweekly for once every two weeks, and diweekly for twice a week. But nobody says diweekly.
superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By superfriend

@Swoxx said:

Happy Hour season 2!

Featuring the shocking murder of Cool Baby.

Season 3: Turns out Cool Baby didn´t die, but was put into a coma. On the first episode he wakes up and whispers something into Jeff´s ear. Then they all go to the island.

InfiniteGeass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#61  Edited By InfiniteGeass

Happy Hour was the reason I never subscribed because it was the only piece of premium content for the longest time and I just didn't care much about any of the other sites. I'll probably watch it after it's archived so I can skip to the Giant Bomb parts.

stackboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#62  Edited By stackboy

This will bring back my Sunday lunch ritual of watching the archive. Great!

Tophat666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#63  Edited By Tophat666

DO WANT!!!!!

=D THIS MADE MY DAY!

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#64  Edited By WinterSnowblind

I miss the Happy Hour, but I feel it had to go. The entire team obviously just didn't know what to do each week.

I'd love to see it continue as a monthly thing though.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Winternet

Oops, it was buried deep.

I'm excited for this.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Ravenlight

I'm ready to strap it on!

cstrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By cstrang

@MrKlorox said:

Neat, I missed this news. Definitely gonna be a one-off show. There's just not enough content to keep it weekly and still keep it entertaining and professional. I still say they should just get drunk on camera and do dumb shit like it was in the beginning.

@benpicko said:

@AlexW00d said:

@FTomato said:

@AlexW00d said:

@benpicko said:

Hopefully it does become bi-weekly, though. Happy Hour was easily the best thing on here once you forget that Comic Vine exist.

You realise bi-weekly means twice a week right? Or do you actually want two of them per week?

I'm actually English and only said biweekly because somebody else said it above me.

People should use biweekly for once every two weeks, and diweekly for twice a week. But nobody says diweekly.

Jesus, fuck. Has the English language really devolved into such a state?

HydraHam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By HydraHam

They should do it every other week.

And bring back that shrinkwrap tuesdays or whatever, i remember they did it when socom and a few other games released.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By MrKlorox
@cstrang said:

@MrKlorox said:

@benpicko said:

@AlexW00d said:

@FTomato said:

@AlexW00d said:

@benpicko said:

Could you elaborate? Is using di for x/2 and bi for 2/x really so terrible? Or is being a language curmudgeon who refuses to adapt that's the true devolution?
ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#70  Edited By ReyGitano

I always enjoyed Happy Hour; maybe not in a "this content is always great" kind of way but I always thought it was kinda strange and amusing even at its lower points.

SonicFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#71  Edited By SonicFire

Dude, I would rather watch random pc game a million times over..

zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By zero_

@MrKlorox said:

@cstrang said:

@MrKlorox said:

@benpicko said:

@AlexW00d said:

@FTomato said:

@AlexW00d said:

@benpicko said:

Could you elaborate? Is using di for x/2 and bi for 2/x really so terrible? Or is being a language curmudgeon who refuses to adapt that's the true devolution?

Once every 2 weeks is "fortnightly".

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By MrKlorox
@Zero_ said:

@MrKlorox said:

@cstrang said:

@MrKlorox said:

@benpicko said:

@AlexW00d said:

@FTomato said:

@AlexW00d said:

@benpicko said:

Once every 2 weeks is "fortnightly".

Exactly, English is super fucked up already. How is fixing it a devolution? Nobody uses fortnight in America, because that word makes so much less sense.
cstrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By cstrang

@MrKlorox: 1) Adding another word for people to fuck with doesn't help the situation.

2) I'm just confused how, in English, words with two prefixes with different meanings can mean the exact same thing. Bi means two, semi means one-half. To me, semi-weekly means twice a week. Bi-weekly means once every two weeks.

zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By zero_

@MrKlorox: That's true - the word itself makes no sense, but I'd rather a word make no sense to be assosciated with somethng than a word with ambigious meaning... like is bi-weekly twice in a week, or once in 2 weeks? Why is the week bisexual?

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By FluxWaveZ

And that it did. The fact that Comic Vine was MIA helped, I think.

Thompson820

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#77  Edited By Thompson820

Magical.

renachan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By renachan

They really, really need notification for stuff. I will opt in, I will give them my cell number to freaking text. I will opt in to a weekly or something email blast about what's going on. anything. I really do try to keep up with them on twitter, but my life is busy and I already am dealing with a lot of traffic there thanks to school, so I still totally missed hearing about this till now. The whole thing is pretty frustrating and I run into it way too much. 

....As the the HH itself, I guess I'll see how it was when it goes up on archive? :/ There is certainly some features I like more, and I like them trying new stuff, but on the other hand willing to see them try hear. Should be interesting if nothing else.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#79  Edited By rjayb89

@Renachan: As for the whole notification thing, yes, I would agree with you if now were a few months ago, but if you have a cell phone and a twitter account you can have twitter send you text message when this twitter account updates its feed. It sends one, to me, when the site starts the countdown and about a minute after the show has begun broadcasting.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Dany

@FluxWaveZ: Oh, I thought I missed it, I caught it like 10 minutes in. Weird they left them out.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#81  Edited By Dagbiker

I feel kinda bad about comic vine, their crap was borring but so is Rories stuff. I hope they find a better way to integrate them, such as sketches or something, but Sara and whats his name have never been very charismatic in front of the camera.

Thompson820

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Thompson820

I'll just leave this here.

Oh Brad.
Oh Brad.
JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#83  Edited By JoeyRavn

@Dagbiker said:

I feel kinda bad about comic vine, their crap was borring but so is Rories stuff. I hope they find a better way to integrate them, such as sketches or something, but Sara and whats his name have never been very charismatic in front of the camera.

I always skip Comic Vine's section if Sara is there. She's there most of the time, though. Tony is great, but Sara is the most annoying person in the whole Whiskey Media family.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#85  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

@InfiniteGeass: There aren't really Giantbomb parts this time around. You're not getting much. If you only want GB, Happy Hour isn't for you.@rjayb89 said:

@Renachan: As for the whole notification thing, yes, I would agree with you if now were a few months ago, but if you have a cell phone and a twitter account you can have twitter send you text message when this twitter account updates its feed. It sends one, to me, when the site starts the countdown and about a minute after the show has begun broadcasting.

They need to figure a better way. Going to twitter and setting that stuff up isn't as easy as it should be, it took me a couple of tries just to get the settings to save properly and actually get the things sent to me. Whiskey needs a better solution than that. Or at the very least, have a link to the page somewhere really obvious every time there is a live show so people can be informed of that twitter account, because not everyone hangs out in random corners of the forums and is lucky enough to find out about that stuff.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#86  Edited By The_Nubster

@MordeaniisChaos said:

@InfiniteGeass: There aren't really Giantbomb parts this time around. You're not getting much. If you only want GB, Happy Hour isn't for you.@rjayb89 said:

They need to figure a better way. Going to twitter and setting that stuff up isn't as easy as it should be, it took me a couple of tries just to get the settings to save properly and actually get the things sent to me. Whiskey needs a better solution than that. Or at the very least, have a link to the page somewhere really obvious every time there is a live show so people can be informed of that twitter account, because not everyone hangs out in random corners of the forums and is lucky enough to find out about that stuff.

That's unfortunate for you, but it took me all of five seconds. There's also the countdown thing in the corner that has a list of all videos and events going up on the site a few days in advance. Just gotta pay attention.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Dany

@FluxWaveZ said:

Ha, thats great.